Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
YTP YTP2 Huy some hero mzenken are y'all coming back?

I am going to institute a deadline of August 1st for old people in leagues to rejoin before their spots are given away. If you are planning to come back and play please renew before then. On August 1st when I log on I will go through and remove all previous managers who have not joined.

Lakers, can you please give me a list of who has joined League B so far so I can keep the OP updated? Thanks.

So far for League B we returned only Mop/Everst/Fabbles/Ballabrown?, still waiting on a few others. Not sure if Nova got the invite so I will pm him to confirm his email

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ladies and Gents this is a reminder that the deadline for returning players to register is THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 1st. This means at my earliest convenience that day I will be logging in and REMOVING all unregistered teams and giving away the spots to people in the order they signed up, with priority given to League D and NFL league players from last year. Please check your emails for the invites and sign up, or LET ME KNOW if you do not wish to return. Thanks!

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Was in the auction league last year (League D?) Want to sign up for a 12-teamer with Del Rio. Team name was Lane'sShotgunWedding. (fuck the max character limit)

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Not sure if there is any actual difference between the A, B and C leagues. But wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of promotion/relegation setup. The top teams of last year all in A, the teams from the bottom in B, and worst teams and new players in C. Could be nice to try and climb up the rankings or try to win the league with the 'elite' players. Just a random thought.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
There's no difference other than League A is sorta the old man's league that has been around for much longer, though we've started losing some members. :( Then everyone wanted to play and WaterBomb made more leagues.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm down. Don't care what league, but I'm fairly competitive when it comes to fantasy.

never played on smogon, put me in any league and i'm posting this on aug 1st so i hope i'm not too late

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Ok, I have gone through and removed the non-returners from Leagues A and C. The final League A spot has been filled, and there are 6 spots remaining in League C. I will need Lakers to give me a report on League B to let me know how many spots there are, but it appears as though we will be needing a 4th league, which I have reopened. I will be sending invite links to users individually based on order of signup, and hopefully we'll be able to get everyone in. Additionally, please check your league's draft time and make sure it works for you, and SPEAK UP if it doesn't.

EDIT: I am still looking for someone to take over Commissioner for League D. If you are interested let me know.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I joined a couple of 10 team (I think PPR) Yahoo fantasy leagues for fun/accidentally and the damn leagues I picked were full so I got thrown into a random draft timeslot v_v

All things considered I think I did fairly decently though

Waiver: +Pierre Thomas, -Buffalo

Waiver: +Ben Tate, -Mason Crosby

So what do the fantasy roster doctors think of my teams? First team looks beastly to my eyes, should have the best running corps in the league, Ryan is primed for a great comeback year according to many projections and the receiving corps is steady if unspectacular with Jeffrey providing breakout potential. Some nice TE depth too. Second I'l rather less enthused about, seems very reliant on Stafford, Foster, and Gronk to put up big numbers every week.

Also WaterBomb I can't do Aug 31st at 3 PM. The 26th previous date I most likely could have done

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One more team that I just drafted today among a group of fairly knowledgeable football players, still looking for opinions (drafted 9th/12)

Very pleased with my starting lineup, looks very solid imo but getting bluescreen of deathed seems to have cost me reliable backups.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have to admit I probably won't do any real research the day or week before whenever our draft ends up being (just to set up my autodraft list to be safe), and since I largely don't get to control the downstairs TV anymore that means I won't be seeing much preseason football either.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So far for League B we returned only Mop/Everst/Fabbles/Ballabrown?, still waiting on a few others. Not sure if Nova got the invite so I will pm him to confirm his email
Accepted the invite, sorry didn't see it since I had some trouble with my email

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
One more team that I just drafted today among a group of fairly knowledgeable football players, still looking for opinions (drafted 9th/12)

Very pleased with my starting lineup, looks very solid imo but getting bluescreen of deathed seems to have cost me reliable backups.
You have serious issues at RB. Chris Johnson is a half-assing one hit wonder who will let you down week after week, Steven Jackson is like 70 years old, and Doug Martin is coming off major injury. IMO try to offload AJ Green for a pair of solid starting RBs.

chris has consistently been a top 10 fantasy back (last season he was the 9th best rb in fantasy). he had one bad season in 2011 where he was only the 16th best but theres nothing wrong with him. he's the projected starter so really its just an issue of do you trust him in the jets offense. i actually think he'll be okay there, (the jets were 6th last season in rushing offense), since they don't really have many options with passing the ball.

players like chris don't feel like top 10 to us because us fantasy players haven't truly adjusted to how undervalued wide receivers are these days. imo your team is fine, you're taking the risk that martin is going to come back strong from injury. if he doesn't, you'll be sunk, but you're never going to get good value as a runningback because your wide receivers will be worth more than the ones people are willing to trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)