Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone from League B just has to confirm their invitation in the league. Well do a later draft right before the start of the season to coincide with the late start getting it together. We shouldnt have any trouble finding a time that works for everyone on Labor Day Weekend

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Everyone from League B just has to confirm their invitation in the league. Well do a later draft right before the start of the season to coincide with the late start getting it together. We shouldnt have any trouble finding a time that works for everyone on Labor Day Weekend
Keep in mind my Australian-ness

I'd really like to get into League B with you guys if possible. I mentioned it earlier but that was before you showed up Lakers.
Since the league itself just got renewed, might have to wait for the roll call before we know who's staying, who's going, and who can get in League B

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Problem is this year Yahoo changed it so auto-renew actually renews all the teams as well, so you could easily have a league with 12 players where half of them aren't actually playing. I highly dislike this, it was better when the players physically had to rejoin

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Removed SkylarGreen and Mercy from the league. This means we'll have 10 teams for this year unless we get 2 more to join.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So both League A and league B's current draft times don't suit me, they're at 7am on a Monday and 3am on a Monday. Is it possible to do them on a Sunday morning? I'm GMT+10

For biggie's and Lakers' reference -

-Saturday the 3rd is impossible for me to make.
-Likely traveling Sunday the 4th, would be best for me if any draft on this date is later in the day.
-Already scheduled for another draft the 27th, Saturday night. (Will likely be hungover the next morning, schedule something later in the day of the 28th if necessary)
-Generally, the later in the day, the better. That's when I'll be as flexible as possible with whatever day of the week you end up choosing.

(I'm in Central Time fyi)

Seems like league D usually ends up being the one with rampant inactivity and new players every year.

Would anyone be interested in a promotion/relegation system? We lose the history but we get more competitive leagues and something to play for other than pride.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seems like league D usually ends up being the one with rampant inactivity and new players every year.

Would anyone be interested in a promotion/relegation system? We lose the history but we get more competitive leagues and something to play for other than pride.
I think it would work, but we need to try to keep this to 3 leagues. 4 becomes tough because of the problem you mentioned. We also have several people doing double duty so if we limit participation to 1 league per player we can probably fit everyone into 3. Bottom two players in each league move down, top two move up, etc. Any objections to implementing that system at the end of this season?

biggie

champ
The problem with that is you have people who have played together for years and don't really want to change that. If you're someone like Huy for example and you happen to get dropped into a new league, are you really going to want to play with a bunch of people you don't know at all?

Also in regards to draft times, I understand that we all have other commitments and wildly different time zones, but please be reasonable when listing available times. Only way we get through this is by being as accommodating as possible.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For League A and League C reference: I have one two drafts locked in time August 27th at noon and August 28 at 10 AM. In theory I could double draft since that one is on fleaflicker but that would suck ass. The weekend of the 3rd/4th I have some flexibility, at some point between post-work on the 2nd and midday on the third I'll be unavailable for 3 hours due to driving. That weekend also involves events and what have you so avoiding the evening of the 2nd is preferable as it's likely I'll be busy or drunk, although I'm able to do it then if absolutely necessary.

I also have several other pending leagues that haven't set draft times yet so the sooner these lock in the less chance for conflict :)

The weekend of the 26-28 I can do basically any possible time excepting the blocks currently reserved for the other drafts

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Before WaterGoodell goes and fucks with the schedule last-minute and makes me miss the draft again:

Available Aug 18-19 all day. (this Thu-Fri)
Available Aug 23-24 all day.
Available Aug 27-29 all day. (next weekend where our draft is currently set, 28th at 5pm EDT my time)
Available Sep 1-2 all day.
Available Sep 6-7 all day.
Season starts on the 8th with the Superb Owl rematch.

The other days I am available to start only if they're early in the day, ideally starting about 2-3pm (EDT) unless you guys want to do it at like 6am or some shit. Working nights I'm basically on Aussie time myself eh.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The #strongs league needs 2-4 able bodied active players to join:

MrE
Texas
RODAN
JabbaTheGriffin
macle
LonelyNess
CaptKirby
kd24

Last year we did an optional buy-in to make it a little more intersting, $50 per person with 2nd place amongst buyers getting their entry fee back and first place getting the rest of the pot. Texas made out with a cool $150. Looking to do the same thing again.

PM me if you're interested

Oh, also I think i've already accepted my invite to Smogon League B unless i'm mistaken.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah I stomped everyone and won a cool $0 because I'm a bitch, but at least I'm a winning bitch

also reminder that I totally won* the real smogon league as well

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
League A draft is currently set for Aug 28 at 5pm, which is a Sunday. I haven't heard any objections to that so far (except Stallion) so I'm hesitant to change it at this point. I'll send out a final reminder to everyone asking about the draft time.

Stallion on the 28th, since I suck at time zones, is there a different time of day that would work better for you? I'm not sure what 5pm EST is in GMT +10 (I think that's like 7 or 8am monday morning)

Stallion

Tree Young
League A draft is currently set for Aug 28 at 5pm, which is a Sunday. I haven't heard any objections to that so far (except Stallion) so I'm hesitant to change it at this point. I'll send out a final reminder to everyone asking about the draft time.

Stallion on the 28th, since I suck at time zones, is there a different time of day that would work better for you? I'm not sure what 5pm EST is in GMT +10 (I think that's like 7 or 8am monday morning)
You're telling me we can't do it on a Saturday?? Nothing on your damn Sundays works for me because I work full time MONDAY TO FRIDAY. It's always been that way for every single smogon fantasy draft I have ever done in 10 years on this site and nothing has changed. I am happy to do early in the morning or a weekend or something if need be. Hell, that same time Saturday works for me. I'll get up early Sunday if need be. I'm not going to be happy if you guys are going to try and force me to auto draft though. I'd rather not play at all tbh.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
You're telling me we can't do it on a Saturday?? Nothing on your damn Sundays works for me because I work full time MONDAY TO FRIDAY. It's always been that way for every single smogon fantasy draft I have ever done in 10 years on this site and nothing has changed. I am happy to do early in the morning or a weekend or something if need be. Hell, that same time Saturday works for me. I'll get up early Sunday if need be. I'm not going to be happy if you guys are going to try and force me to auto draft though. I'd rather not play at all tbh.
I realize it's tough being the only Australian in a league full of 'muricans, but don't act salty about the fact that this tends to happen. If a draft time works for all but one person, but other draft times that work for all but a few, I'm always going to go with the one that the most people can make. I'm sorry if that screws you more often than anyone else, it's unfair, but it's the nature of the time zone difference. My suggestion is you move to Baltimore so you can be near your Ravens and better fit with our schedule!
(On a serious note I sent a message in League A to see if everyone would be ok with 9pm EST on Saturday the 27th. That'd be 11am Sunday for you, which I hope isn't a problem. )

biggie

champ
The #strongs league needs 2-4 able bodied active players to join:

MrE
Texas
RODAN
JabbaTheGriffin
macle
LonelyNess
CaptKirby
kd24

Last year we did an optional buy-in to make it a little more intersting, $50 per person with 2nd place amongst buyers getting their entry fee back and first place getting the rest of the pot. Texas made out with a cool $150. Looking to do the same thing again.

PM me if you're interested

Oh, also I think i've already accepted my invite to Smogon League B unless i'm mistaken.
p sure i was in last year so i'll re-up. when is the draft?

Stallion

Tree Young
I realize it's tough being the only Australian in a league full of 'muricans, but don't act salty about the fact that this tends to happen. If a draft time works for all but one person, but other draft times that work for all but a few, I'm always going to go with the one that the most people can make. I'm sorry if that screws you more often than anyone else, it's unfair, but it's the nature of the time zone difference. My suggestion is you move to Baltimore so you can be near your Ravens and better fit with our schedule!
(On a serious note I sent a message in League A to see if everyone would be ok with 9pm EST on Saturday the 27th. That'd be 11am Sunday for you, which I hope isn't a problem. )
I get that, but I feel like nearly 10 years of consistently playing fantasy and never once being inactive gives me leeway over like 95% of users here. Yes 11am Sunday works great for me, if that suits everyone I can do it no problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)