Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I get that, but I feel like nearly 10 years of consistently playing fantasy and never once being inactive gives me leeway over like 95% of users here. Yes 11am Sunday works great for me, if that suits everyone I can do it no problem!
I posted on the league boards but I have a wedding to go to that I am in the bridal party for, so I can't move or change that.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I get that, but I feel like nearly 10 years of consistently playing fantasy and never once being inactive gives me leeway over like 95% of users here. Yes 11am Sunday works great for me, if that suits everyone I can do it no problem!
Within minutes of posting this niggie notified me he's at a wedding all day Saturday so that won't work any better. Mr.E would you be able to do Friday night August 26th at like 9pm?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Goddamn guys all this shifting around on that weekend is making it really hard to schedule plans with my friend coming back from France

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Goddamn guys all this shifting around on that weekend is making it really hard to schedule plans with my friend coming back from France
Trying to be flexible for everyone here bud. Stallion does tend to get screwed every time. I have scheduling restrictions too but optional social stuff isn't exactly a top priority

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Trying to be flexible for everyone here bud. Stallion does tend to get screwed every time. I have scheduling restrictions too but optional social stuff isn't exactly a top priority
Obviously but when we say that it's on the Saturday so I schedule for the Friday and suddenly now it's on the Friday it's a bit of a pain in the ass and means I now have to flake out of a commitment.

Believe me I get it, I'm generally the paragon of flexibility but people really need to be making their availabilities known well before the day we choose to set a time in stone.

edit: In case its not clear I'm totally fine with shifting to accommodate Stall since his issues were known well in advance. Biggie on the other hand...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Obviously but when we say that it's on the Saturday so I schedule for the Friday and suddenly now it's on the Friday it's a bit of a pain in the ass and means I now have to flake out of a commitment.

Believe me I get it, I'm generally the paragon of flexibility but people really need to be making their availabilities known well before the day we choose to set a time in stone.

edit: In case its not clear I'm totally fine with shifting to accommodate Stall since his issues were known well in advance. Biggie on the other hand...
The date hasn't actually changed at all yet, I'm just putting out feelers to see how everyone feels about alternate times. Every time I suggest something someone says they're unavailable so I'm just trying to find a time that works for everyone. Niggie had no need to bring up his commitment before now because the draft date and time never conflicted with it

Texas Cloverleaf

When you're giving your availability across a range of dates generally it's a good idea to let people know that you're unavailable on a given day

fwiw I'm obviously just bitching because it inconveniences me, not outright objecting

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Anyone know what MoP's smogon name is these days? He hasn't confirmed yet
Dubulous also has not and I am about a day away from filling his spot. Anyone have a reliable way to contact these two??

Also Lakers Milos I have 6 players confirmed in each of your leagues. Am I missing anyone in the OP? If not, I am going to disband League D and redistribute their confirmed players into the open slots in the other three leagues. We should still have room for our newcomers as well. Please message your league members on Yahoo and get back to me if anyone else confirms.

Gah I really REALLY hate this auto renew change Yahoo did. Instead of managers having to actually sign in and reregister each season, it throws them in automatically so they could go MIA and nobody would know until the season started. Since a few of our members no longer frequent Smogon, this makes it very difficult to get people to confirm manually.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

I know it's not the same as posting here, but I made clear mention of my availability that day in the Smogon Fantasy Baseball smacktalk thing, so don't even try and say that it came out of nowhere.
Shame our commissioner isn't a part of that

Gah I really REALLY hate this auto renew change Yahoo did. Instead of managers having to actually sign in and reregister each season, it throws them in automatically so they could go MIA and nobody would know until the season started. Since a few of our members no longer frequent Smogon, this makes it very difficult to get people to confirm manually.
I'd say if you've tried to get in contact with a member through both Smogon and Yahoo Mail/message board, and they still haven't responded in a couple weeks, it's time to consider replacing them.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Within minutes of posting this niggie notified me he's at a wedding all day Saturday so that won't work any better. Mr.E would you be able to do Friday night August 26th at like 9pm?
Despite the fact that you obviously did not read my post that I work nights and did not list availability for Friday the 26th (currently 6pm-6am in this case), despite the specific stated purpose of "Before WaterGoodell goes and fucks with the schedule last-minute and makes me miss the draft again" (maybe I should've tagged you so you got the alert) like you did last year on me because you didn't want to be tired, as it turns out my co-worker has social plans for next weekend and would like to work my Thu-Fri in exchange for their Sat-Sun, which I could begrudgingly accept for them (I would rather have the weekend off) if we're gonna move the draft up a couple days to hopefully accomodate everyone. In shorter words, yes I can make Friday work.

why does everyone who wants to gripe about the original draft date want to wait 3-4 weeks to fucking do it god damn, do it when the league gets renewed not wait until a week before

pretty sure MoP is still Aeroblacktyl as usual but he intentionally avoids general contact with the forum or IRC anymore so who the hell knows how to get hold of him, feel free to get rid of his ass if he can't be bothered to stay in contact

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Despite the fact that you obviously did not read my post that I work nights and did not list availability for Friday the 26th (currently 6pm-6am in this case), despite the specific stated purpose of "Before WaterGoodell goes and fucks with the schedule last-minute and makes me miss the draft again" (maybe I should've tagged you so you got the alert) like you did last year on me because you didn't want to be tired, as it turns out my co-worker has social plans for next weekend and would like to work my Thu-Fri in exchange for their Sat-Sun, which I could begrudgingly accept for them (I would rather have the weekend off) if we're gonna move the draft up a couple days to hopefully accomodate everyone. In shorter words, yes I can make Friday work.

why does everyone who wants to gripe about the original draft date want to wait 3-4 weeks to fucking do it god damn, do it when the league gets renewed not wait until a week before

pretty sure MoP is still Aeroblacktyl as usual but he intentionally avoids general contact with the forum or IRC anymore so who the hell knows how to get hold of him, feel free to get rid of his ass if he can't be bothered to stay in contact
This is why I posted to ASK ABOUT IT ya shit, I didn't just change it and hope for the best. I knew you hadn't listed it but I also know things can change and wanted to check. A simple "no, that doesn't work for me" would suffice, as well as not dismissing my reason for an earlier draft last year as simply "not wanting to be tired". When you have a newborn of your own someday, you'll get it.

ANYWAY,

I'm just trying to find a draft time that works for everyone, including Stallion. If that can't be done, someone is going to get screwed and that's just how it is. If you think you can do it better, you're more than welcome to have the job. Until then, quit bitching.

In other news, I'm giving Dubulous and Aeroblacktyl until 4:00pm EST today to respond either here, via PM, or on Yahoo that they are in. If they do not, I will be deleting them from League A and filling the two spots with members I select.

I also need a response of some kind from Lakers and Milos by then so I can determine if we need to combine the leagues or not. Since I don't have commissioner access in those leagues, I NEED you two to respond.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
10 am the morning after a wedding isn't terribly ideal for me either but if it's good for everyone else then so be it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I mean at this point with Stallion being 14 hours ahead of the east coast, any earlier than midnight for him is ass time of the morning for us. MrE can't do Friday, niggie can't do saturday, and Stallion can't do almost all of Sunday. This basically leaves us with Sunday morning at the proposed time. It sucks a little for both parties, but it splits the suckage between us so it's not the end of the world for either side. Mr.E Texas Cloverleaf are you ok with this time?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
WaterBomb I probably can do Friday, actually, due to the surprising flexibility offered to me of my co-worker wanting to steal my weekend from me. (Recap: Co-worker wants to take my Thu-Fri in exchange for me working their Sat-Sun. I told them I wasn't sure about working Sunday, but they want both my days anyway for the hours they'll miss taking Sat-Sun off. Theoretically, I could have the whole damn week off practically.) I wasn't asked about this until after I posted said regular schedule of mine, so don't roast me too hard about it.

biggie: Any objections so far to the current League C time and date? I can make that work, just wondering if there's any threat of that time being changed again

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Alright here's how this is gonna shake out. MoP and Dubs have been officially removed from League A due to failure to confirm their returning. I am awarding the two open slots to SpareAacount and ck49 so you two need to PM me your email addresses so I can invite you officially. NiGGiE, if you can bump your league back to 12, I will award those two spots to Milos and Homeslice . Assuming the 6 confirmed for League B is accurate, Rainman Legends and toshimelonhead will get two of those slots, with the remaining four going to our newcomers Randombobman Mizuhime naYpalm leremyju . This should effectively fill all open slots in each league. Please contact your respective League Commissioner to be invited into the league.

Lakers biggie Stallion please go ahead and remove all unconfirmed teams from your leagues. If they have not posted here or in some way communicated with you their intention to play, they're out. If there is someone who HAS confirmed and I missed them in the OP, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to play, but communication is necessary. We're a week (or two) away from the draft gents, let's get this rolling!

Minor note for League A - Texas Cloverleaf can you do Friday the 26th at 9pm? Seems like it'd be more convenient for everyone else than Sunday morning. Please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)