Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
formal request to change to 2/2/flex next season in group A. i have been shafted for having two good TEs for the last time
I keep wanting to do this then forgetting to before the season starts. Nobody does 3 WR anymore

i have like 80 points on my bench in all 3 leagues.

won 1 already, need Cousins to get 40pts and Gurley to get 0 in another, and in my full ppr i need Jordan Reed to outscore Gurley by even .1pt.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I discourage but do not forbid* the swapping of a WR slot for a Flex spot in future years.

*obviously I can't explicitly forbid anything, I just hate change but I'm not gonna get all uppity about it if everyone else wants it

this is where I hypocritically laugh at moot for playing two tight ends after bopping #strongs league last year with Gronk + post-injury Reed

I actually do like having three WR-only slots, since it's a lot deeper than RB these days so sometimes it kinda makes you scrounge for a half-assed third option to plug in kinda like how you often need to do for RB if you didn't draft two studs early. With only two WR slots, it's too easy for everybody to have two really good options so there's less thinking and turnover. On the other hand, I like having a Flex spot too because it makes the draft itself more challenging by forcing people to directly compare the scoring potential of players in different positions instead of solely going off positional tiers.

(This is not me advocating for simply adding a Flex spot and having both 3WR + Flex.)

Last edited:
I discourage but do not forbid* the swapping of a WR slot for a Flex spot in future years.

*obviously I can't explicitly forbid anything, I just hate change but I'm not gonna get all uppity about it if everyone else wants it

this is where I hypocritically laugh at moot for playing two tight ends after bopping #strongs league last year with Gronk + post-injury Reed

I actually do like having three WR-only slots, since it's a lot deeper than RB these days so sometimes it kinda makes you scrounge for a half-assed third option to plug in kinda like how you often need to do for RB if you didn't draft two studs early. With only two WR slots, it's too easy for everybody to have two really good options so there's less thinking and turnover. On the other hand, I like having a Flex spot too because it makes the draft itself more challenging by forcing people to directly compare the scoring potential of players in different positions instead of solely going off positional tiers.

(This is not me advocating for simply adding a Flex spot and having both 3WR + Flex.)
i agree very much with that last paragraph. i can see the pros of both but being able to have the flexibility in both draft and in lineup set far outweighs the fact that rb value < wr value (which i completely agree with). the bench size is fine for me too right now i just prefer to stack at TE in my more "comfortable" lineups and it makes it difficult with this type of lineup obv

Forgot how I hate fantasy, last time I lost was October :(
I know Stallion usually feels my matchup pain... would've absolutely crushed anyone else
sadface.JPG

He autodrafted, lots of early QBs and homer picks. 8 team is cool in that everyone is stacked and everyone play everyone else twice. I don't get all the hate honestly...

strongly considering trying to trade Eddie Lacy for Melvin Gordon, would anyone have strong input on this trade from either side? Packers are a mess

also I accidentally left Forte on the bench when I thought I had started him in league C, just fuck my shit up familia

dropped P Dorsett in my 4 bench league (for Devante Parker, who had 13 targets last week!). this could go down just as badly as my Randal Cobb drop in 2014. looking forward to it!

I lucked out big time by snagging cruz off waivers and dropping the broken k.allen
Obj is gonna get tje elite cb and the rest is split between rook Shepherd and cruz.

Edit: Vereen will be a pass catcher until he gets injured

Last edited:

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stefon Diggs was money last week shame he was on my bench :'(.

2-0 in both leagues can't complain! Can only go downhill from here though...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Someone in my other league offered me Demarco Murray and Philip dorsett for Jamaal Charles. Full ppr. Should I take? I'm kind of tempted.

Also I need to quit leaving Blount on my bench

the endless struggles of guess which guy will go off.

rolling the dice on C-Mike over McKinnon/RashadJ in my full ppr league. also starting Diggs over JMatthew in that league.

in one half ppr league i'm plugging TSharpe into a flex over JMat/RMat/RJen/JMcK because i have a feeling. i really don't like starting Langford anymore, he's looking to be a big bust for me, but i don't like the matchups on any of the other RBs i have, and RJenn is not getting the bellcow treatment we were all promised. leaning towards JMcK over him.

other ppr league i'm starting Old Man Gore over Langford/RJenn/SWare, and flexing LFitz over TY/Snead.

so if edelman does start at qb next week how tf does this work? does he get moved to qb or does he remain a wr and just get passing stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)