Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I might have won this week in Smogon B League, but my season is looking bleak.

Last week I lost AP and Woodhead. This week I lost Vereen. Michael is my only good RB and who knows if that'll last. Eagles apparently don't love Mathews.

In other news... my team in my PPR $$$ league is looking unstoppable. I lost Keenan Allen for the year but I still have Marshall, Landry, Marvin Jones (soon to be known as Marvintron just you wait) and Diggs.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
I traded for Gurley but I feel like I shafted my wr corps, obj Maclin wallace crowder and Cruz not looking too solid

I'm not in any of the leagues here, but I'm curious about anyone's plans on what they're doing with Matt Ryan this week. I'm switching back to Rodgers, but have to wait for Week 5. Think he'll do OK against Carolina?

leremyju

Banned deucer.
I might have won this week in Smogon B League, but my season is looking bleak.

Last week I lost AP and Woodhead. This week I lost Vereen. Michael is my only good RB and who knows if that'll last. Eagles apparently don't love Mathews.

In other news... my team in my PPR $$$ league is looking unstoppable. I lost Keenan Allen for the year but I still have Marshall, Landry, Marvin Jones (soon to be known as Marvintron just you wait) and Diggs.
What u want for Jeremy hill

I'm not in any of the leagues here, but I'm curious about anyone's plans on what they're doing with Matt Ryan this week. I'm switching back to Rodgers, but have to wait for Week 5. Think he'll do OK against Carolina?
Falcons have surrounded Matt Ryan with the best weapons he's ever had. It goes beyond Julio/the RBs, the Falcons have never seriously had a WR2 since Roddy declined and have literally never had a WR3. The O-Line is better, and Carolina's defense is not quite as good as it was last season even if you only consider Norman leaving. The Falcons are at home where they ended the Panthers' perfect season bid last year on the back of Ryan's 23/30 passing for 306 yards and a TD.

I would expect 250-300 yards, 1-2 TDs, and 1-2 turnovers as being "realistic" with a floor not much lower (if Ryan is doing poorly, the Falcons will fall behind a large amount, and he'll be throwing the ball catch-up style like the 49ers did) and a ceiling potentially much higher. You're not going to find someone better than that on the waiver wire. Honestly, with the way Rodgers has been struggling (I expect him to bounce back, but just look at his 2nd half splits against Detroit and you'll see how much he's suffering) I would try and get some value out of having both by shipping Rodgers off for the best RB/WR you can get as needed after this week or soon. Matt's got a rough couple weeks that will see his stock drop, but honestly I think he's worth sticking with unless something happens to Julio or his O-Line anytime soon.

Falcons have surrounded Matt Ryan with the best weapons he's ever had. It goes beyond Julio/the RBs, the Falcons have never seriously had a WR2 since Roddy declined and have literally never had a WR3. The O-Line is better, and Carolina's defense is not quite as good as it was last season even if you only consider Norman leaving. The Falcons are at home where they ended the Panthers' perfect season bid last year on the back of Ryan's 23/30 passing for 306 yards and a TD.

I would expect 250-300 yards, 1-2 TDs, and 1-2 turnovers as being "realistic" with a floor not much lower (if Ryan is doing poorly, the Falcons will fall behind a large amount, and he'll be throwing the ball catch-up style like the 49ers did) and a ceiling potentially much higher. You're not going to find someone better than that on the waiver wire. Honestly, with the way Rodgers has been struggling (I expect him to bounce back, but just look at his 2nd half splits against Detroit and you'll see how much he's suffering) I would try and get some value out of having both by shipping Rodgers off for the best RB/WR you can get as needed after this week or soon. Matt's got a rough couple weeks that will see his stock drop, but honestly I think he's worth sticking with unless something happens to Julio or his O-Line anytime soon.
That's sort of along the lines I'm thinking about, with less yards though. I don't think he'll sink like some think, but I noticed that someone had dropped Siemian and after watching last week's game, I definitely feel he'll connect plenty of times to Thomas/Sanders over Tampa Bay. I wonder about that weather though.

I have Julio already too, so I can still reap from Ryan (unless they decide to fuck Julio over this week again).

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think Ryan is a perfectly serviceable midrange QB that would've been fine to draft in late rounds or as a weekly streaming option, like about ten other guys that may or may not be available on a league-to-league basis. So, like, whatever.

Matt Ryan was QB7, QB9, and QB5 for the three seasons before 2015. Last year was a fluke for a lot of different reasons, but to group Matt Ryan with the other streaming options in the 12-18 range like Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Smith, or Cutler is absolutely ridiculous. Unless you have one of a small handful of QBs and drafted Ryan as your backup, there's no reason to ever bench him due to matchup as long as the defense is shit and his weapons are there.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All of those guys you mentioned are in the 16-20+ range. Depending on matchup you'd be starting Carr, winston, bortles, dalton, mariota, stafford, rivers, dak over ryan because they're all more than capable of laying a goose-egg. Depending on game you might even flex flacco in over him, to say nothing of the top guys who might be injured or underperforming a la current russell wilson.

I ended up going with streaming Siemian over him. Now he's got the highest yardage for him so far and the game's not even over. I have Julio though. Opponent's far behind, so I'm good as long as Denver plays alright later.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Once again I make the worst RB decisions possible. In League A I have DMurray, Gordon, Blount and JHoward. After having Blount on the bench the first three weeks and blowing up every week I decided to throw him in over Murray, who has been solid but plays for an absolutely ass team. Blount picks this week to do nothing, and Murray goes off even more than usual. Howard also had a better game than Blount on my bench, which essentially means Gordon will now lay an egg despite an amazing matchup. Hopefully I'll still win, but man it's annoying.

No one's fault on the Blount decision at least. Anyone who benched just him got lucky. This was supposed to be his final guaranteed big week. I had him too. I made good calls on Forte and McCoy this week (after blowing last), benching the former and using the latter. After dropping Cincinnati defense and someone else, will pick up Howard and Spiller. Anyone reading, he might be viable down the line depending on how good Michael continues to play for Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)