Finals Official Smogon Tournament XIII - Finals [Won by ABR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah... grats abr.

gj ben on the good run! take it home next year but honestly with all the baton pass i've been spamming it would seem we're destined for just short of success..

Reactions: ABR
the games where a blast to watch for me, congrats to ABR for winning and also to ben gay for making that far

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Thank you all for an OST with astoundingly minimal drama, made my life quite easy.

Congratulations to ABR on the victory, very well earned with some neat teams and consistent play even with your back against the wall from time to time.

Also great work to Ben Gay to make it this far, you are right there and will cross the finish line one of these days, solid run.

Man. Shout out to ma main hitter Jsaok3 who showered ABR with the basedblessing, Virgin of Guadalupe came thru for this Rhode Island Native, finally NY has something to cheer about, Congrats ABR & Ben iFloveyou, you're worthy of a trophy as well.

Grats ABR, really well deserved. Solid teams all around with some especially nice innovation in finals, and solid playing as always. Ben you also had a spectacular run as well and always seem to be a step ahead of the meta, i'm sure the trophy will be yours one day.

If anyone missed the match and wants some live commentary with the chat (but without a distorted battling screen), check it out. :)

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Grats ABR, really well deserved. Solid teams all around with some especially nice innovation in finals, and solid playing as always. Ben you also had a spectacular run as well and always seem to be a step ahead of the meta, i'm sure the trophy will be yours one day.

If anyone missed the match and wants some live commentary with the chat (but without a distorted battling screen), check it out. :)
your mic has suddenly become barely audible over your last couple of uploads bro, even at max volume. not sure why

congratulations ABR. a well-deserved win for a student who's always doing his homework

Won 2-0 vs ben gay, ggs

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-282074
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-282081

I want to say props to ben gay for being one of the most dominant SM players, only losing 1 game before finals and now being secured in ST23 playoffs. I don't think I've ever had such a headache building teams like I did for this series (I made my planned g3 team just this morning). Good luck in the future.

As for shoutouts...
blunder: Thanks for being my go-to since my first tournament in 2015. You've been there for every single tournament whether I need tests or someone to tell me if something is garbage or fire, and you're also a great friend <3

teal6: From being my bo59 monorandbats sparmate to my spiritual mentor, you've been a very important friend of mine this year. Thanks for being my #1 fan and often talking some sense into me when I get a bit crazy

PDC: I think I've gone to you for building and testing help just about every round this OST, thanks for always being in my corner and for being a cool sjw / cc fan

Finchinator: You're a great dude and you've been supporting me since i stepped foot in the tournaments section of smogon - it's all very much appreciated

Poek: https://pastebin.com/ycTtU725. Since you got knocked out yourself you've been cheering for me and this genius idea of togekiss worked out flawlessly in the finals. You're an awesome dude and I also listened to your anthem during semis/finals (plain asia) - it truly is the trophy winners theme

Omfuga: <3 You've always been one of my best friends on this site <3

McMeghan: I look up to you a lot as a person and as a pokemon player; you're truly a fantastic guy. I'm glad we have a lot to share and you're great to hang around in the council chat

BKC: You know I respect you huge amounts as a player, and don't get too burned out with this game because smogon needs passionate people like you. Meet me in NYC, B

SoulWind: Ever since we teamed on spl7 ruiners there's been nothing but mutual respect and good friendship between us. Thanks for cheering me on no matter what tour I'm in - you'll get your own trophy soon

Ice Tea: My trophy-holding johnny-loving jordi-hating lover, you're among the coolest of cats

KratosMana: Your shared music taste has extravagantly elevated my spirit and enlightened me since I was first introduced to it, thanks

Jsaok3: This was only possible with your blessings and support, afrabs forever

-Tsunami-: I expect to be officially added into vod so you can say "VoD wins again. Classic."

OLT chat: You've all been my go to friend group for quite some time now, thanks for being so lively and fun

Lastly, thanks to all my supporters and mostly my friends on this site who make all the time spent here worth it.

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
grats man, impressive run and tour performances in general, you got to put the cherry on the cake now

spectacular showing ben, too bad you fell short in the final, better luck in your future showings if you keep the fire & play some more, smogon tour is already around the corner afterall

its nice to see people who actively play and build in the tier reach the final and take it home

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
and it just keeps getting worse each year

jk lol

grats ABR, and nice try Ben Gay, you both had amazing runs and look forward to seeing you both play in the future.

P.S., that togekiss set was fire lol

Congrats ABR - it's always great to see someone who is widely considered to be at the top of a metagame come out victorious in official tournaments. That trophy will forever be a representation of how you cemented yourself as the premier SM player at this moment in time.

Benny my boy, tough luck. I know it sucks to come this far just to get eliminated like that, but you should know that your performance throughout this tournament is some of the best Pokemoning I've ever seen. You should also know that you're in good company with amazing players who unfortunately came in 2nd in an OST. Don't let this discourage you, and instead, take home that Tour trophy soon. You're an absolute pleasure to watch, and one of the only players currently that I go out of my way to look up replays for. I hope to keep seeing you dominate for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)