Official Smogon Tournament XIV - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

OST Specific Rules
  • This is a standard USM OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Liking this post increases the accuracy of your Hydro Pumps.

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Baton Pass Clause: The move Baton Pass is banned outright.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

imsosorrylol vs Malekith
mael vs Frania
WhiteQueen vs SoulWind
Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash

All times are in gmt-4

imsosorrylol vs Malekith - done
mael vs Frania - done
WhiteQueen vs SoulWind - done
Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash - done

THE DEADLINE FOR THIS ROUND IS SUNDAY, APRIL 29 11:59 PM EST.

ALL WINNERS MUST POST REPLAYS. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY USER WHO DOES NOT COMPLY. PLEASE PLAY ON SMOGTOURS.PSIM.US AND POST SCHEDULED TIMES IN THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
imsosorrylol vs Malekith
mael vs Frania
WhiteQueen
vs SoulWind - was hoping thisd be finals :(
Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash

go wq :)

So, if imsorrylol wins the whole tour, will it be like ict where he keeps his trophy but at the same time he is banned?

Also i'm rooting for Malekith.

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
first of all ggs Malekith hope you or SoulWind can take the gold to home, think i did it well despite those times where the game just went my way i also played good ppl so was a good run in my opinion.

I didnt build a single team during the tour so think its fair and necessary to name those people who were always there giving me teams when i asked for them.
Gondra Lednah London Beats Trosko Posho. thanks you guys

also for those ppl who asked, i didnt even have def on cleffa so i would've lost either way with eq + Pyshock unless i would've para the volcarona:blobshrug:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
imsosorrylol vs Malekith - they both looked pretty unconvincing and got some donations last round, but malekith can like my post because he isn't forum banned so I gotta go with him on this one.

mael vs Frania - mael is a lucky piece of shit, I will say that much. frania was competent in recent sets. not expecting a good series

WhiteQueen
vs SoulWind - "dont pretend" that whitequeen isnt the superior player here. however, kinda hoping that soulwind moves on to beat his inspiration malekith in the finals. a great cinderella story for the mexican kid

Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash - watching charmflash bring a game 2 pikachu and sac it to earthquake left a bad taste in my mouth. I think that jimmy turtwigs consistently mediocre play will be enough to overcome this boosted monkey.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
3/8, first time all ost that my record is worse than the spl ape, time to step it up :(

2287 points btw

imsosorrylol vs Malekith - malekith's not banned so even if he had gotten byes until now to get this far (he hasn't) I'd still predict him to win this set.

mael vs Frania - as much as I like mael, Frania looked way better in their last round showings so if he continues that trend and mael doesn't step it up, he'll probably take this set.

WhiteQueen vs SoulWind - WQ has been here 3 times before and only one of them was a trophy, so if experience wins games, wq has this one. SW has been playing well though so this game is anybodys tbh.

Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash - Jimmy was struggling a bit in his games but eventually won (the timeout win g1 helped him a lot though) so I'll probably give this to Za Meowdo. That is, as long as he beings Pokémon that are actually viable in OU and not more Pikachu...

imsosorrylol vs Malekith : Both are extremely skilled, but sorry inspite of being out of the game for a few months, has shown consistently throughout this tour how good he is when he is playing a focused game. So betting my chips on yung imsoforumbannedlol. Kill em sorry! LGI
mael vs Frania : I have really been impressed by Mael's gameplay. While I do have a lot of respect for Farnia, I think mael might have the edge in this one. However this would be a good one to watch for sure.
WhiteQueen vs SoulWind : Amazing skill and Godlike luck are a formidable combination. Imagine predicting against that...crazy. Made that mistake last round already :P
Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash : Really no idea who wins this one, If it had not been for Za Meowdo's plays in round 8, I would have picked Jimmy here, but Za really played well vs Eternam.. Za had the MU, but still can't take away the fact that he played exceptionally in all 3 games vs Eternam the GOAT. Because of this I'm conflicted between the two, but this will definitely be a match I look forward to!

Best of luck everyone! Sorry, WQ or Za to win it all now :]

Last edited:
imsosorrylol vs Malekith
mael
vs Frania - yea mael lucked last round but I'd still say he's one of the most competent players left and I cant predict against an austrian teammate x.x
WhiteQueen vs SoulWind - goat
Jimmy Turtwig vs Charmflash - nothing more to add.

austrian ost finals les go xd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)