Official Smogon Tournament XVI - Round 2-A (Pokémon Home NOT ALLOWED this round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opponent has just answered to me yesterday whereas I conatcted him several times since the beginning of Round 2, we are going to schedule

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Activity win request.
I contacted him very early, I got an answer only after the 2nd week, I offered to play on Friday, he refused for this weekend and here he tells me that he cannot play this weekends and request to play later, unfortunately I cannot play on extension days, I really did my best to play.

I had no contact with my opponent during the period, I sent a message on his profile, but with no answers. He hasn't accessed the forum in almost a month.
act

Round 2 will continue to be the pre-Home metagame. Changes as a result of Pokemon Home's release (both additional Pokemon and newly available moves) will NOT be permitted until Round 3.

Welcome to the second round of this year's Official Smogon Tournament! The OST is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions in tournaments and has crowned many great Pokémon players as its champions across five generations. Over the next few months, thousands* (!) of players will compete to the best of their ability as they attempt to join the exclusive ranks of the OST trophy holders. Only one of those players will succeed in their journey and earn the recognition that comes with their victory, along with the iconic OST trophy.

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams in between games, or use the same team throughout the set; it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Just like last year, there will be a cash prize for this tournament! The winner of this year's Official Smogon Tournament will receive 200 USD!

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another TD team member!

OST Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SS OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Liking this post increases the accuracy of your Hydro Pumps.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Baton Pass Clause: The move Baton Pass is banned outright.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.

General Tournament Rules

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Now then, without further ado..

(If your name isn't in this list check the OST Round 2-B, 2-C and 2-D threads for it!)

ImpishImperial vs Mammaluu
atheenbean vs Jmal98
Montei vs THUNDER CEBRA
RayquazaSon vs The Number Man
Kiubymor vs A Hero's Destiny
SlushiW vs Frizy
gladbot vs cherif18
Trogba Trogba vs Le Polie Tre
88infinityy88 vs pkmnmasterjim
JosèCN28 vs Olliert
Pulsived vs Askov
happysheyen vs Empo
Forrest02 vs SrPato
Shades<3 vs IoSonoNeon
Dark Types Matter vs Floss
goopoo vs Acselsior13
SansTheWildCardFool vs Bouff
VinexPlays33 vs Trognon
Ephraim205 vs dice
GalarPkm vs Ren-chon
Charliezard001 vs kland
Bomb21XD vs lighthouses
Otaku_Not_Weeb vs Sensei Axew
Juseth sepulveda vs Alstone
Potatofan123 vs Sagiri
Silben vs cristurtwig
Ark54 vs StepC
Jade Swan vs Crisquinlla
willerstorm vs randomhobo999
Brotege vs TAOChingChong
Furanshisuko vs BAGANHA13
PeterLustig vs SGP2006
shwokedrew vs LegendTayab
High Impulse vs Youngster_Bill
Sir Sprite vs Snowy
Pat Labor vs Benzemagia
si24 vs DemZii
Fonsie19 vs acquiesceyourself
NA Weezing vs Fish1899
Titan5678 vs Lord_Enz
xdionyz vs xtra$hine
Agent27B vs kodak800
KSt3ve vs Vaboh
wnsty vs JLK 17
pulsar512b vs trilltreecko
TDK vs vanisherrr
Lycans vs Vulpix03
Malfunction vs get_lucki
Blightbringer vs Roseybear
SvartPest vs Holy-Darky
Sakito vs Mack Knife
PepeBowie vs GotCookies
Artmagic. vs Goose1633
IPeedMyPantsOhNo vs Dr 0mega
Atha vs Mart
Lukasjoel1 vs RockyRoadstheRogue
Lemingue vs Tenebricite
FRS Blitz
vs Horodro
NG Spencer vs shawyu 1313
Separation vs zindamurda
London Beats vs Makesuit
voltix31 vs Garchomp for president
WhiteFerret21
vs Valentine
Psicopatic vs Rubyblood
OnlyaPuppet vs MrAldo
Ratrax vs idiotfrommars
ggopw vs DJ_Barara
DragonWhale vs Chill Shadow
Oemmel
vs Raichy
henry vs DylDeKrokodil
Kyundai vs atomicllamas
applebropharma vs RainbowSlate
toinha vs Corporal Levi
Acey - Danse Macabre vs double switches
DoubleOChai vs Jong Straw
bigjeezy vs Crashy
ProDigeZz vs Skypenguin
Conflict vs Srbatman
Unown Trainer vs Lord Ninjax
milas vs VollBlutPferd
archyoupi vs Hoopninja06
Sambob1998 vs Trade
kinda bitchy vs DanHaw
kai9000 vs So Noisy
Flynned' vs Qeyo
The Mawile Ace vs Marigold1994
ElLargeLad vs Cheese151
Mob Barley vs JizzleFire9
asherlh97 vs not a racist
ThirdStrongestMole
vs TheFranklin
K3ppr vs Naru
qwily vs frostedunity
Melle2402 vs HarrisIsAwesome
Fruitdealer vs Eternally
Kingler12345 vs Nexecutioner
buggggyboy vs gamermax
lax vs Gage0023
Patatin678 vs NEWAL
Howling Hippo vs GunGunJ
melancholy hills vs rozes
EvenAdam vs joey hassam
Jimothy Cool vs Zenadark
HSA vs AlejanDraco
MegaLucario vs kokogara
TheDoff vs capo the battler
masterblek vs paoisd
Fille vs DeathByNutella
VeryOaty89 vs EriDBst
Vextal vs imcomfy
Mur vs Electronno
k3nan vs perfect minun
Shizuki vs -Voltage-
lvl100Blaziken
vs Kikuyuu[1337]
ruhat vs Vileman
Abyssal Ruins vs Koalacance
ShadowShadoge vs Kebab mlml
MikelPrat01 vs NovaFish21
Cybervrse vs Reje
Shamgod vs spelly
MADARAAAA vs Serpi
Combatguy64
vs dedaykid
Blimax vs I.L.G.S.
scotty2hottydx vs Lamazza
Mark K vs AntBadMon
Amarona vs Ezrael
Noemetagross vs fatty
hotdog188 vs The Grand Babido
Purplebanana536 vs Juuno

Deadline is Sunday, February 23rd, Midnight EST.
I won my set but forgot to save the replay for game 2
Game 1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1068019045
Game 3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1068028618

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
My opponent missed a time and we kind of failed to successfully reschedule multiple times. I caught him on ps once but he somehow logged off as soon as i messaged him.
He did ask me to play tomorrow tho and id be happy to play him then so asking for 1 day extension i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)