SM UU Offshore Peaked #9 UU Bulky Offense

Caasi

Banned deucer.
Offshore

Hi guys, today I am going to share a team I used to get to top 10 in the uu tier.

1542049419326.png
1542049442041.png
1542049463346.png
1542049480924.png
1542049502501.png
1542049518894.png

1542049682855.png

I wanted to build a good bulky offensive team that was solid to ladder with and able to cover most threats in the metagame without being too passive.

Here is a checklist of everything I wanted to have on my team.

• A Rocker
  • A Hazard Remover
  • A Tspike Absorber
  • A Ground Immunity
  • An Electric Immunity
  • A Stallbreaker
  • Status And A Status Absorber
  • A Wallbreaker
  • Setup Stopper (Haze, Dragon Tail, Roar or Clear Smog)

To optimize offensive and defensive synergy I also wanted the following:

• A Dragon/Fairy/Steel Core
  • A Dark/Fighting/Psychic Core
  • A Fire/Water/Grass Core

Teambuilding Process

Starting out trying to fit everything I mentioned was pretty hard so I tried to build around a two mon core that compressed many of the desired things I wanted to fit on this team.

The first mon I picked was Primarina wich would be my premier Wallbreaker.

Primarina has good overall bulk and is a great Wallbreaker able to pivot in on one of the most used Pokémon in the tier in Hydreigon.

Set Explanation
I went with the standard Choice Specs set and am creeping opposing Primarina in case I have to risk a tie.

Moonblast and Sparkling Aria are incredibly hard to switchin to as is Hydro Pump.

Psychic rounds out the coverage hitting Amoonguss and Tentacruel wich otherwise would wall Primarina’s stabs.

Primarina @ Choice Specs

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Moonblast

- Hydro Pump

- Sparkling Aria

- Psychic

Role/Set Explanation
I wanted to click Primarina’s stab moves with no drawback. The main things that come in on Primarina’s stab moves (besides Blissey) in uu are the following: Amoonguss, Empoleon, Volcanion and Tentacruel. So I wanted to pair Primarina with something that could pivot in on the Grass/Electric Types that threatened Prim offensively and I wanted the this mon to also force out or lure the mons that could come in on Prim’s stab moves. Electrium-Z Latias with Boltbeam coverage is the partner is decided upon.

Latias @ Electrium Z

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Ice Beam

- Thunder

- Recover

- Calm Mind

Role/Set Explanation
I was confident in this core both mons had considerable bulk and worked towards the DFS/FWG/DFP cores I mentioned. I wanted to round out the Dragon/Fairy/Steel core and have a solid rocker. I debated between Mega-Steelix and Mega-Aggron for a while and rested on Mega-Aggron.
Heavy Slam+Eq has great coverage hitting Fairies and Steel Types respectively and Toxic is to cripple walls like Hippo and Slowbro.

Aggron @ Aggronite

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe

Careful Nature

- Heavy Slam

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

Role/Set Explanation
Now my team had a solid rocker and Special Wallbreaker I desperately needed a physical Wallbreaker to break down blissey and stall builds. This breaker had to be a physical fighting type that also carried a secondary typing to fit in the remaining FWG/DFP cores.
LO Mixed Infernape was my breaker of choice able to ohko blissey with CC 2hko Gligar with Fire Blast. Able to 2hko Hippowdon with Grass Knot which also Ohkoes Quagsire. CC into Gunk Shot kills all would be Fairy type switchins with rocks up. It also provides the team with an Offensive check to Scizor and Bisharp and a Revenge killer for NP Celebi which can be break down my team with the right coverage.

Infernape @ Life Orb

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Fire Blast

- Close Combat

- Gunk Shot

- Grass Knot

Role/Set Explanation
Now the one thing that can come in on this set reliably asides from tentacruel (wich is a pretty passive mon that is easily worn down) is Latias. The best way to get Latias out of the picture is by trapping it. At this point I was looking for a scarfer, volt-immune and my team still lacked knock off which is a great utility move that allows me to make progress throughout the battle. Krook fits all these roles and was one of the most used mons across Snake so it was an easy pick. It’s 4th move is Stone Edge to hit Aero and Moltres and it also rounds out its Ground/Dark coverage nicely.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Pursuit

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

Role/Set Explanation
Now if you were keeping up with the checklist that I presented above you will see that I was still looking for a Grass type and a Tspike Absorber as well as hazard removal and a Phazer.

Amoonguss provided all of those things except for hazard removal. Amoonguss is an amazing glue on this team pivoting in on massive threats like Scizor and Primarina while not being too passive due to Spore. Clear Smog is for Setup Sweepers like Suicune and Slowbro Giga Drain is Grass Stab and HP Fire is for the aforementioned Scizor.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD

Calm Nature

- Spore

- Giga Drain

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Clear Smog

After I finished the team I changed the Latias from CM-> Defog. This gave me everything I was looking for and the team was ready. Here is the final team

Endnote: Im glad with how the team turned out I am also pleased I managed to fit everything on it that I wanted. Something some people might miss is momentum but the overall bulk and power of the team allows you to play it agressively without missing too much.

Enjoy!
1542050231097.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)