Oh my goodness

Hiya this is my current ladder team, and I'm kinda bored with it and decided to post it. So here it is:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
---
Ah, Bronzong this is my most favorite lead and for good reason. It gets rocks up fast, and has excellent coverage, earthquake is for tran and zone, and explosion is fun. ^_^

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
---
This is my latias counter, and physical sweeper #1, does pretty good but scizor is annoying, I might switch to aqua tail over earthquake but whatever.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
---
This really dents my opponent all the time, and has excellent coverage, it always seems to surprise the opponent and get a kill, pretty solid in my opinion.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
---
One of my favorite pokemon, and its really useful, and my team loves spikes and this gets it off all the time, shed shell is for magnezone and goes good wth latias. My scizor and gyarados counter :P.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Recover
---
Goes excellent with skarmory as it sets up on scizor and bliss with no stoss, and skarmory gets all the scizors, my special threat, and certainly very usefull endgame.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Stolen from RL, this thing is pretty excellent for countering lucario,scizor,and intimidate is usefull anytime, doesnt sweep much, but counters things really well, tar and this go well together as tar counters celebi. :D

Rate/Hate

I see a simple Expert Belt Gengar giving you huge problem, likely killing 5/6 of your team all except Bronzong but I bet ya' Gar will come in on its Explosion.

Thunderbolt will get rid of your Gyarados and Skarmory. HP Ice will murder Salamance. If it hits, Focus Blast will kill Tyranitar. Lastly, Shadow Ball will kill Latias (although I'm not sure if its an OHKO, but I'm sure it'll 2HKO).

Luckily they aren't that common anymore, but you should still be prepared. Something with a priority move like Scizor, or even CB Dusknoir can help kill that Gar but I really have no idea who it could replace. You could make Salamance a Scarfer, to atleast revenge kill Gengar.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Okay, I don't know anything about Latias or Suspect, so I'm going to ignore Latias for the moment. If it were me, I'd run 176 Speed EVs on that Salamence to reach 280 and beat Lucario. 212 Special Attack EVs give Salamence 339 Special Attack which is only 3% less than max power at 350. CB Scizor looks like it can cause alot of trouble here. U-turning to Dugtrio or Magnezone can really put and end to half your team.

I'm not sure about how standard 3 attack Bronzong is, but I definitely like it. I think most run only 1 or 2 so that can be to your advantage. Heatrproof is definitely acceptable since you are running Skarmory and Latias who can avoid Ground type moves anyway.

Personally, I don't like Life Orb on Tyranitar because I find he dies too quick with Scizor around, but if it works for you then stick with it.

Shed Shell on Skarm is pretty much a must if you're to keep it alive. However, since you are foregoing Leftovers, it may be more wise to run Drill Peck over Brave Bird because that can add up when Skarm isn't getting replenished every turn. If you think you can Roost and not take considerable damage your alright with Brave Bird.

The thing I find with Rest Talk Gyarados is that he's easily countered by Pokemon like Celebi who can 3HKO with Grass Knot and easily recover off Waterfall's damage. That usually wouldn't be a proble, only entering the field at any given time costs you 25% of your health, and if a counter is brought in and you switch, the next time Gyarados is already at a huge disadvantage at 50% health.

Keep in mind, while I'm pretty familiar with OU's workings, Suspecct is completely new to me and Latias might be something that changes everything. I do notice it would be your switch in after Shed-Shelling from Magnezone, but Dragon Pulse isn't the best way to deal with Steel Type Pokemon. If it's scarfed, as most are these days, you're probably alright, however Signal Beam/Explosion might turn nasty if not.

EDIT: To MetaNite's response, Shadow Ball won't OHKO standard Celebi, who has a much lower Sp Def than Latias. I'm sure Latias can survive hit #1.

Also, have you considered something like Magnezone over Gyarados? It stops Scizor and can deal with a variety of other Pokemon. If you ran Naive/Timid nature with T-Bolt 2HKOs Zapdos and many other things, Signal Beam (OHKOs Celebi), HP Fire, Explosion/Flash Cannon you could go aid the team alot IMO. Scarf guarantees a kill or two, but without it, you can KO Scizor and since most people expect Scarf, Explode on Blissey. The obvious downside ist that without Scarf, the highest speed you'll be hitting is 240.

It looks to be a pretty solid team. Hope I gave you further insight on how it may be improved if need be. Happy Holidays!

Resttalk gyrados runs Impish nature over adamant to give it as much defensive ability as possible, if you want your gyrados to be more powerful but still have some more sweeping potenital than resttalk dos than id recommend bulky gyra (adamant 156 hp 108 atk 100 def 144 spe), i would also agree to change Life orb on tyrantar to leftovers, LO scizor bullet punch can do up to 89% tyranitar meaning depnding on how much Life Orb recoil is tyranitar may only get 1 attack off, 2 at most completely stopping a chance at a sweep, this is up to you though because skarmory stops it completely, but if skarmory is dying before late-game than leftovers is a good option over Life Orb

To me you don't need Salamence to outrun Lucario when Gyarados already covers Lucario. This way you can make room for more SpAtk and Atk on your MixMence, which I am a huge fan of.

I don't find Skarmory as a reliable Gyarados counter, one DD and Taunt can form problems, especially if you give it Drill Peck over Brave Bird. Skarmory is defintely the weaklink I can see, even with Spikes. Gyarados counters everything Skarmory already does and more imo, plus you have Bronzong to counter Mamoswine to a greater extent than Gyarados. Just not so sure who to replace it with atm

Typo I'm sure, but Bronzong has 4 SAtk. Ditch it and fill it in SDef, in fact you can probably balance out the Def and SDef stats better to have a more reliable Specs/Mix Mence switch-in, Heatproof Zong being the best switch-in in the game. I like how you have Heatproof, since you have Gyarados and, if you decide to keep it, Skarmory to cover EQ (preferably Mamoswine). Most people use the "Heatran lure" excuse for Heatproof, but this isn't the case since you have Latias and Gyarados for Heatran and you don't need to eliminate Heatran to form late game sweeps in MixMence or Latias imo.

CB Scizor is not a problem even when U-Turning to Magnezone since you have Shed Shell on Skarmory and you can mix your moves up by switching in Gyarados. Dugtrio is defintely not a problem, because who keeps T-Tar in to die to CB U-Turn (depending on situation), and when T-Tar dies Dugtrio is useless being that every other team member can escape Arena Trap. Leftovers or Life Orb, CB Scizor is OHKOing your Tyranitar, just stick with LO.

I agree that Expert Belt Gengar can form problems, however you can stall Sandstorm (not recommended) and Latias can survive one Shadow Ball and 2HKO with Dragon Pulse... but 2HKO is not the answer when dealing with this insanse threat. However, with the insanely high increase in BP Scizor usage, Gengar won't be seen much anytime soon.

This is a solid team, although Skarmory is your weaklink and should be replaced, but I just don't know what to replace it with without forming bigger holes. But this doesn't look like the case. The only thing that comes to mind is Specs or Band Pert. Something to try out? This is my weakness in Team Rating, finding out which pokemon to replace with lol. That said, nice team.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I found a weakness to a mixed Electivire since he can sweep all your team easily.

Thunderbolt- Skarmory
ThunderPunch- Gyarados
Ice Punch- Latias, Salamence
Cross Chop/EQ- Bronzong, Tyranitar

You should get a Celebi cuz a defensive Celebi completely walls this threat but as MetaNite said you still have an EB Gengar problem.

Magnezone can give you problems too since he can Magnet Rise on Bronzong, Sub Up, and Kill him with T-bolt, the good thing is that your Tyranitar "Counters him" but if tyranitar is not in game he can sweep all your team.

EDIT: To MetaNite's response, Shadow Ball won't OHKO standard Celebi, who has a much lower Sp Def than Latias. I'm sure Latias can survive hit #1.
However Celebi has more Hit Points, and I don't think you took Expert Belt into consideration. I ran calcz on Libelldra Forge: 83.44% - 98.34% , a 67% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

You would definately want something that can stop it, even just a Forretress with some SpD will help since it isn't weak to any attack and resists Gengar's STAB. I suggest the No Magnezone Fear set in the analysis.

And another option to beat DD Mence is to move Bronzong's Def EVs into Attack, and give it a Macho Brace. Bring it in while Mence Dragon Dances, it'll Fire Blast while you survive with Heatproof and then kill with Gyro Ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)