#oi Movie Nights

Cheers, all ^.^

I thought that having a movie night once a week or so would be a fun way to bring the OI community together. Now that discussion on the Pokemon anime is allowed here, what better way to celebrate than a community viewing of each of the Pokemon films? I was thinking one per week, hopefully with some sort of scheduled time so we all know when to get on #orangeislands.

The catch is, we all have different schedules, live in different time zones, etc. Unfortunately, that means there will always be times that are great for some people but impossible for others. So, I'm starting this thread off to get a general idea of what times are good for everyone (be sure to include GMT in your post).

If we can't come to a specific time that a majority is comfortable with, I'm also fine with having it held at different times each week, and even different days. I'd rather there be a consistency, but I don't want a ton of people to feel left out, either >.>

So, who would be interested in this, and what times work best for you?

I'd rather start off with the Pokemon films, simply because it's cohesive with OI's overall theme. Also, they're something we can all relate to enough that I don't see many OI posters objecting to them. After we've run out of Pokemon films to watch (which will take a few months, but will most certainly happen if we keep this going), we can sort out what to start watching together each week, if anything. For now, we'd be watching the Pokemon films. Anyone that's interested in watching those, post what times work best for your weekly schedule (and, a reminder, post GMT with it >.>)

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
What about having different mods hosting them at different times in the day? That way the most amount of people can view them at once. Keep the day consistent, but anyone who has the same streaming ability as you do can lead the movie for different time zones?

p.s. someone please let me know when Pokemon 4Ever is going down it's my favorite and I think I'm the only one in the world with that opinion

This does sound interesting. I can basically do any time on Thusrday night/Friday. My best would be sometimes around 1:00GMT on Friday mornings to 3:00GMT on Saturday.

if
What about having different mods hosting them at different times in the day? That way the most amount of people can view them at once. Keep the day consistent, but anyone who has the same streaming ability as you do can lead the movie for different time zones?

p.s. someone please let me know when Pokemon 4Ever is going down it's my favorite and I think I'm the only one in the world with that opinion
It would probably clutter up #orangeislands if the same film was being watched several times in one day. Twice in a day, like X AM GMT and X PM GMT, might be doable if someone wanted to hold a second viewing kind of thing. The people I see on at 2 PM are different than the ones I see at 2 AM, for instance, so I think most #orangeislands regulars and OI posters looking to join in would be able to make it to one of those two showings.

Also, I will totally let you know when Pokemon 4Ever is going down, Mafey :3

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This sounds really fun. I'm not a big talker on the OI irc channel, but I would love to join in for something like this.

Still interested in hearing some good times for people. 4 GMT AM Friday or Saturday are usually pretty solid times for me (around midnight Thursday or Friday night EST). I can be pretty flexible on this, those are just my preferred hours to host, if no one has trouble hitting them.

That said, if you do have trouble making those and want to join in, speak up ^.^

Mmk, so after a bit of chatting in #orangeislands, and because a few people have told me to just set a date and time, we're gonna go ahead and have the first movie night tonight ^.^

Fittingly enough, it'll be Pokemon: The First Movie. Let me know on IRC if you don't have a copy or something. The time for this is still a bit up in the air. Either 1 AM GMT Friday or 4 AM GMT Friday (9 PM or Midnight EST tonight). So, if you have a preferred time between the two, now's the time to post. If you'd like to host at an opposite time (say 1 PM or 4 PM GMT on Friday), hit me up on IRC ;)

Let's watch some Pokemon together ^.^

Some Smogonites tried doing this about a year ago but it was poorly organized and illegal. So how are those things going to be avoided?

Right, so 4 AM GMT (or midnight EST, or whatever time wherever you are).

#OrangeIslands. Tonight. Be there. Have your movie ready. Somebody bring snacks. I've got the vodka ;)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One at 11 PM or 12 AM EST would also be great, I enjoyed it and I wouldn't mind skype either with a few of you guys. But a synchtube and links or such would be helpful for matching it all up.

I forgot how weird the pikachu segments were, with the random pokemon moments. It's funny how many bubbles were in there, along with doomvm and I just always said the same things.

I'd suppose the next would be Pokemon 2000? I'll see if all my Burger King toys are still around!

Yeah, 2000 will be the next one (along with Pikachu's Rescue Adventure ^.^)

To everyone that turned up (DoomVM, Layell, Rodan, Jas#####, Phiddlesticks, TalkingLion, DTC, anyone else I missed >.>), I had fun, and glad to see you all there! Let's try to organize this again for next week!

Hopefully the next one won't be so last minute X__X (If you wanna be there for the next movie night, be sure to post what times work best for you [GMT included]. I'm flexible for shaking up the hosting times week by week, or making this the regular weekly showing time. Just post when is best for you ^.^)

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd be up for changing the times around so different people can participate. I'm GMT +1, so obviously 5am wasn't ideal for me.

Also, how are you watching these movies? (DVD, online, download?)

Mmk, this is looking like it'll be rolling in again at the same time (4 AM GMT) tonight, so be sure to hop on #OrangeIslands. I'm still testing a few things right now; Texas, if you've got something, let me know :3

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've put forth the motion that we ought to do do skype calls during the video. Some people want to watch full screen but chatting it up is also half the fun of these nights. I'll try to be on in advance to set it up as well as the synchtube.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Hey gang, I'm all set to stream the third Pokemon movie for tomorrow, we were thinking of planning to start an hour earlier, so 3 AM GMT Friday or 11 PM EST Thursday. I'd try to be on a bit earlier because I'd still love to have a skype call.

I'm still working out the fourth movie, I'm waiting for a copy from my library, hope it works out.

As Layell said, we've pushed this ahead an hour. Hopefully that's a little more lenient to some of you ESTers (it'll be 11 tonight for us). 3 AM GMT Friday, make sure you've got your copy beforehand or just mooch off Layell. Hop on #OrangeIslands if you have any questions ^.^

Edit: Oh yeah, and just to clarify, we're watching the third movie (Spell of the Unown) and the Pikachu short (Pikachu and Pichu).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)