Tournament OM Grand Slam III - Playoffs [Won by Hamhamhamham]

Garbage AG games as usual
Lost bh but won camo mnm and stab, ggs
E: Ggs out of respect * wanted to avoid this stuff in playoffs thread but since u brought it up I might just tell it. Idt any of the "luck" mattered. It just gave u something to blame the games on and play the "what if" game. Lots of small hax turns into something big lol also u needed rolls to have chance, idc if those didn't work out for u. Don't rely on em to much
hmm

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Catalystic won the higher bracket and gets to choose which format to drop
This is not how every other seeded tour with tier drops (Grand Slam IV, etc) works but ok

Saying the higher bracket gets to strike makes 6th seed the worst seed in the tour as they never get to strike, which makes no sense; you should make it so that the worst seed never gets to strike

Ham should be the one striking.

This is not how every other seeded tour with tier drops (Grand Slam IV, etc) works but ok

Saying the higher bracket gets to strike makes 6th seed the worst seed in the tour as they never get to strike, which makes no sense; you should make it so that the worst seed never gets to strike

Ham should be the one striking.
I checked during the last OMGS as the same situation occurred. It was fine last year so it should be fine this time too. I don’t make up my own rules; I follow the Smogon GS and always ask TDs when I’m not sure about something.

If someone higher up (Head TD) says that what you’re saying is how it should be, I will give Ham the pick.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
I checked during the last OMGS as the same situation occurred. It was fine last year so it should be fine this time too. I don’t make up my own rules; I follow the Smogon GS and always ask TDs when I’m not sure about something.

If someone higher up (Head TD) says that what you’re saying is how it should be, I will give Ham the pick.
Last year both players wanted bh out so the rules didn't really need to be fixed, but it's different for this one

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Both are valid ways to decide, but in previous Grand Slams where striking a tier was an element, the higher seed picked (regardless of what bracket they won). For example in GSV, DennisEG (3rd seed) played Rodriblutar (7th seed). DennisEG was allowed to pick as the higher seed, despite the fact that Rodriblutar beat the 2nd seed in the prior round.

That was a nice run, much more that I expected when I first decided to participate in OMGS. I couldn't do it without the support of many friends along the way, and here are some key shoutouts:

Jrdn - A good friend that helped me out at every turn, be it testing or teambuilding or sometimes just to motivate me, thanks for the help and hope that you'll win next year!
GL Volkner - Always there to make my day a little more enjoyable, but so reliable when it was game time. Thanks for the BH help and constant motivation.
Quantum Tesseract - Your help in the playoffs was immense, especially in MnM and AAA, really helped in my crucial semi-finals match that I really wanted to win. Thanks again for your help!
PurpleGatorade Pigeons Zesty43 - Good AG buddies, always there to help me test a team throughout this series, unfortunate that I couldn't win my AG game in the finals but glad you guys were there to help me along the way
And last but not least, thanks to the OM Community for being supportive of my run over the past few months.

With the OMGS now over, I'm looking forward to a great OMPL tournament soon!

Won in 3, all really tight games. Ggs man
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-746972475
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-746979568
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-746985149

Shoutouts to all the tours room goons that have supported me/spammed hamslam in the chat of all my games. Especially to MJ and EternalSnowman who would always look over my ag builds and were happy to help in other tiers as well.

Big shoutouts to Jrdn too who helped me prep 3 of my teams for the finals and to Quantum Tesseract who saved my ass with the last minute mix and mega team here. Thanks lads
Shoutouts jasprose whose spite and hatred for me and my friends forced me to play these tiers for months before gs (ko i still dont like you)

Not making this any longer, had a lot of fun, see you all in ompl ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)