OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

13 questions/requests for shazzzzm:

1. Answer all questions.
2. Rate your 3 fave books.
2. Elaborate on this "[...] a Blissey simply because Blissey is so passive against Magearna. "
4. Youtube video you like the most?
5. Oddly specific thought/question you had once and never forgot?
5. Unknown fact about you that you feel like sharing?
7. If I'm holding 20 Hidden Techs, Stresh is holding 40 and Andy is holding 30, then how many Hidden Techs is Hills holding?
8. Name your favorite expression of art (anything ranging from a movie to a video/graffiti/simpson's episode, etc.., anything that really stuck with you)
9. Legalizing weed in UK. Would it make you try it?
10. Obscure liking/hobby/guilty pleasure of yours?
11. Volt tells 3 Jokes on discord each year. How large a set of jokes does Volt need in order never to repeat the exact same triple of jokes over a period of 12 years?
12. Enjoying mons?
13. ?

extra:
Y. How much do you love yourself?
N. Did you like answering the 2 questions above?
?. Why?

Round 1 of my questions are the following
1. How are you?
2. Are you fine?
3. Do you drink enough water?
4. Why didn't G-Luke answer my questions?
5. Do you have his autograph?
6. Are you ready for round 2?

I exist again, it seems. I have a hodgepodge of topics here in mind. Only some of them are important. (As a side note before I begin, it looks like we have quite a few similarities with the conditions we're under...)

1.) What was your experience like between the time that you were still somewhat new here and the time that you became staff for Mix and Mega?
2.) Have you read any good books lately?
3.) When are we getting together to brainstorm ideas to make both Magearna and Darkrai as busted as possible?
4.) How accurate is the phrase "Friendly snake, bark at me like a snake is known to do!"?
5.) So what's the worst thing that the current US government is doing right now?
6.) How do you feel about Pokemon randomizers as a whole?
6a.) As a followup question, how terrifying is it that Donphan was randomized into a 200 base attack or so Steel-typed monster with blazing speed and Hustle? (and paper defenses, but there's nothing else that could happen with that spread)
7.) What's your favorite field of mathematics?
8.) What's your favorite set that you've been beaten by? Least favorite, if you can remember that?

I'll have more later. Just know that I'm proud that you came this far. I know you can go farther, and that you'll find your purpose here eventually...

Will you win all you Mix And Mega matches in WC?
Why do you often ignore all my PMs, you try to pretend you’re afk but I know you’re not....
Black or White?
What would you do if I held a knife to your throat?
Least favourite Pokemon?
Who’s better at Mix And Mega, stresh or In The Hills?
Lol why don’t you take up another OM like BH?
Do you think you’re better than me at maths? (Hint: ur not)
Favourite type?
Who’s the best Mix And Mega player in your opinion?
What’s the trashiest set you’ve ever seen on high ladder?
Why do you hate Zeraora lol?
Do you think I’m just saying random questions?
Is Cobalion good?
Do you like Treasure Island?

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Will you win all you Mix And Mega matches in WC?
Why do you often ignore all my PMs, you try to pretend you’re afk but I know you’re not....
Black or White?
What would you do if I held a knife to your throat?
Least favourite Pokemon?
Who’s better at Mix And Mega, stresh or In The Hills?
Lol why don’t you take up another OM like BH?
Do you think you’re better than me at maths? (Hint: ur not)
Favourite type?
Who’s the best Mix And Mega player in your opinion?
What’s the trashiest set you’ve ever seen on high ladder?
Why do you hate Zeraora lol?
Do you think I’m just saying random questions?
Is Cobalion good?
Do you like Treasure Island?
Seriously...WTF

1. what the fuck was the point of getting magearna to S then?
2. if you smoked weed, would you drop pdon to A+?
Find the position function of an object with acceleration a(t)=cos(t). At t=π/2 the velocity is 0 m/s and the position is π m.
4. What are your thoughts on the fact that capitalism is secretly the US's way of mass genocide?
5. Why does Jeran have a fetish for Blissey, smh
6. When do you think that QT is going to overthrow TI?
7. When are Volkner and Flint getting together?
8. did you know that you have a nice black hoodie?
9. How heterosexual can you act? Very important question, pls answer quickly
10. Are you aware that when my psychology professor saw Zorowarrior's interactions with you and mnm people in general that she thinks that Zorowarrior has a crush on you? Please let them down gently pls
11. talk dirty to me
12. Thoughts on how I went to the North Pole to have my ass eaten by tcot only for them to be a no show :psyangry:
13. Je suis raimon
14. Can I ask, what the fuck?
15. This is question number 15.
1. It signals a better viability than a lot of people would expect considering most ladder players don't even prep for mag properly
2. Bring me a convincing argument and I'd drop it without weed
3. (can't be fucked to do this question)
4. I mean at least it's operated better than any other political system has. Still needs to be improved but it's less mass genocide than most things
5. 'bliss has no counters lolololo' meanwhile in every tour game jeran's bliss has been ez forced out
6. Never, QT is too much of a hardworking man to care about overthrowing TI
7. They split up? ;_;
8. (I'll ask the real owner of that if I get the time)
9. If I can go on tangents so easily I can act as hetero or as homo as possible, simple
10. That statement crosses a very dangerous line with behaviour and I can safely say that whilst Zoro probably wants to steal all of my attention it isn't a love thing at all and is probably just him messing around like an idiot as usual. As for letting him down, I already did that much earlier
11. no this chat is PG-13 I can't talk dirty
12. Did you check chat to see if he was delayed? Getting to the North Pole is hard you know
13. remember when everyone thought legendary user stresh was raimon? good times
14. Is this about the whole sugarection thing or is it just me in general?
15. This is answer number 15.

• What are the top 10 megastones to give magearna and in what order?
  • On a scale of 1-100 how sad do you feel when a mono-attacking magearna runs out of pp
  • Are you excited for the release of the red-gold coloured magearna?
  • WHY DO YOU NEVER LINK YOUR GAMES IN DISCORD? (it's okay as long you keep pulling Ws)
  • Are you ever going to tell ZoroWarrior you're not going to answer his questions?
  • What would you do if i held a knife to your throat?

• What are the top 10 megastones to give magearna and in what order?
  • On a scale of 1-100 how sad do you feel when a mono-attacking magearna runs out of pp
  • Are you excited for the release of the red-gold coloured magearna?
  • WHY DO YOU NEVER LINK YOUR GAMES IN DISCORD? (it's okay as long you keep pulling Ws)
- Cameruptite first: it's potentially extremely broken on balance / BO and allows you to easily exploit the flow of the game by forcing the opponent to build in a way that will give Magearna free setup fodder. Sablenite second: it's an amazing glue for most defensive builds and can even be used on stall to good use (yes I find this mon is better than Blissey for stall). Third is probably Pinsirite - it's actually way more potent than it seems and has a great offensive matchup against a good proportion of teams. Unfortunately it can suffer quite badly against Zeraora and Thunderbolt Magearna, which is an issue in itself. Fourth is Latiasite, which can abuse grounds like Landorus really well and is a nice and compact check to a great proportion of the metagame. Fifth is Manectite, which wide range of spreads and pivot capabilities can make it a great role compression for teams. Sixth is Blue Orb - a forgotten relic but a great conpressor against the majority of fires. Then there are the niche stones: Venusaurite is a potential snowballer, Houndoominite is a cheese stone that can heavily damage fires, Alakazite is a stone that can cheese matchups with Toxapex / Blissey etc, and Audinite is a substitute for Sablenite.
- 70: it should never run out of PP, but when it does it's very irritating
- Not happening. It's gonna be another EFloette
- Can't be arsed.

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
Yo Chazm, big fan!

1. What could get Weavile to be decent in MnM once again?
2. If you had to choose one Pokemon to unban from holding a Megastone, which would it be?
3. If you had to pick one restricted Megastone to be available for all Pokemon, which would it be, and why?
4. Thoughts on how Mega Gengar would impact the current meta?
5. Are you aware of how fundamental you are for the MnM community? Because you should be!
7. How great are stresh and In The Hills?
8. Do you wish that TheCoastsOfToast played MnM? Can you try to convince him?
6. Not a question but I hope all is good irl!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
what would you do if i held a throat to your knife?
if you had a pokemon type what would it be?
if you could, then would you?
:blobnom::blobthinking::blobwizard:?
favorite pokemon generation, both competitively and ingame (and overall if you want)?
y/n?

13 questions/requests for shazzzzm:

1. Answer all questions.
2. Rate your 3 fave books.
2. Elaborate on this "[...] a Blissey simply because Blissey is so passive against Magearna. "
4. Youtube video you like the most?
5. Oddly specific thought/question you had once and never forgot?
5. Unknown fact about you that you feel like sharing?
7. If I'm holding 20 Hidden Techs, Stresh is holding 40 and Andy is holding 30, then how many Hidden Techs is Hills holding?
8. Name your favorite expression of art (anything ranging from a movie to a video/graffiti/simpson's episode, etc.., anything that really stuck with you)
9. Legalizing weed in UK. Would it make you try it?
10. Obscure liking/hobby/guilty pleasure of yours?
11. Volt tells 3 Jokes on discord each year. How large a set of jokes does Volt need in order never to repeat the exact same triple of jokes over a period of 12 years?
12. Enjoying mons?
13. ?

extra:
Y. How much do you love yourself?
N. Did you like answering the 2 questions above?
?. Why?
2. I actually don't have any favourites - I don't really read too regularly to have any general opinion and I feel like I haven't read enough to really tell
2. Blissey can't viably run Confide if it can't conversely punish its checks or is taken on by another Calm Mind user, which just pushes Magearna past it easily. Split is also a massive pain for Blissey and that just seals the deal imo
4. Again, don't really have a standing favourite here.
5. I'm never sure my obscure facts are factually correct, but I am fairly certain you can represent the Bernoulli numbers using an n*n matrix using Pascal's triangle
7. 35 - ITH takes half from Stresh and Andy
8. Ha nothing sticks with me. You expect me to be culturally involved?
9. Based on my reaction with drugs and tobacco I highly doubt it. But I'm all for legalizing it for medicinal usage anyway
10. It happens completely randomly but sometimes I will just scour places for dropped coins, despite not even being broke. I guess I like change
11. 5.
12. Not that much. Wish I had more to do outside of it though
13. !

Y. It fluctuates from near narcissism to self-despair. Dangerous variance but I don't care
N. Yeah! I was fine with it.
?. They weren't particularly personal I find

I exist again, it seems. I have a hodgepodge of topics here in mind. Only some of them are important. (As a side note before I begin, it looks like we have quite a few similarities with the conditions we're under...)

1.) What was your experience like between the time that you were still somewhat new here and the time that you became staff for Mix and Mega?
2.) Have you read any good books lately?
3.) When are we getting together to brainstorm ideas to make both Magearna and Darkrai as busted as possible?
4.) How accurate is the phrase "Friendly snake, bark at me like a snake is known to do!"?
5.) So what's the worst thing that the current US government is doing right now?
6.) How do you feel about Pokemon randomizers as a whole?
6a.) As a followup question, how terrifying is it that Donphan was randomized into a 200 base attack or so Steel-typed monster with blazing speed and Hustle? (and paper defenses, but there's nothing else that could happen with that spread)
7.) What's your favorite field of mathematics?
8.) What's your favorite set that you've been beaten by? Least favorite, if you can remember that?

I'll have more later. Just know that I'm proud that you came this far. I know you can go farther, and that you'll find your purpose here eventually...
1) Discovering how broken Magearna is was a treat. That's basically all that went on
2) (oops I forgot the subtitle of the book)
3) You've really been beaten to it, to be honest. I don't think, apart from counterteam sets like Houndoominite, Magearna can be made any better than it is
4) Completely inaccurate and hopeless of conveying anything to me
5) Not acting upon the unfairly placed net neutrality laws that have been scammed into existence
6) Fairly interesting - but I doubt I would play them due to luck potentially barring you from progress
A) Durant mark 2 I guess? Ban that shit to AG anyway, it probably has great coverage too
7) Ooh, difficult one, but if I were to say anything then calc / number theory come to mind as my favourites
8) Cameruptite Magearna - both times, I love using it but hate facing it

Yo Chazm, big fan!

1. What could get Weavile to be decent in MnM once again?
2. If you had to choose one Pokemon to unban from holding a Megastone, which would it be?
3. If you had to pick one restricted Megastone to be available for all Pokemon, which would it be, and why?
4. Thoughts on how Mega Gengar would impact the current meta?
5. Are you aware of how fundamental you are for the MnM community? Because you should be!
7. How great are stresh and In The Hills?
8. Do you wish that TheCoastsOfToast played MnM? Can you try to convince him?
6. Not a question but I hope all is good irl!
1. Fire coverage, or at least some way of hitting Steels hard
2. Difficult one - Deoxys-Speed and Mega Gengar are good options but I think I would pick Necrozma-DW due to being unable to fix its poor typing (Psychic primary is ass :()
3. I wouldn't pick any, but if I __had__ to I'd say Pidgeotite
4. MGar would be very nice for the metagame but I can't help but think how it would push Zygarde over the edge (and possibly Terrakion)
5. Yes, but I know I spark controversy
6. Luckily, you would be right
7. Stresh is a great user and is infinitely knowledgable - ITH compiles a lot of nice stuff for resources but I have to say he can be a bit annoying with how he views games / dismisses certain mons (not Mage, that's understandable) etc
8. Nah, I'm fine with tcot playing what he wants.
What makes people say "translate your Ubers knowledge if you are going to play MnM" and why should they stop saying this misleading sentence
Is it really misleading other than the fact that Ultra sucks here and Magearna isn't bait anymore?
Round 1 of my questions are the following
1. How are you?
2. Are you fine?
3. Do you drink enough water?
4. Why didn't G-Luke answer my questions?
5. Do you have his autograph?
6. Are you ready for round 2?
1. I'm bored
2. Yes
3. Sometimes a bit too much according to my irl friends
4. No idea. My first guess is complete obliviousness
5. Nope
6. Yes, luckily
what would you do if i held a throat to your knife?
if you had a pokemon type what would it be?
if you could, then would you?
:blobnom::blobthinking::blobwizard:?
favorite pokemon generation, both competitively and ingame (and overall if you want)?
y/n?
What knife? :blobsweat:
Probably a light type (radiation, not relating light to fairies here) - SE to Dark, Ghost, NVE to Fire, Electric, Grass, Steel. Resists Electric, Steel, hit effectively by Dark, Steel.
I would. But if I could, then maybe I wouldn't.
Competitive would probably have to be gen 4 but I'd say best overall is 5 for its expansive endgame, innovative region, entirely new Pokedex (BW), and its great animations.

Last edited:
Round 2
1. What is one big change to PS that you're looking forward to the most?
2. Which person irl do you look up to the most?
3. Which person on PS do you look up to the most?
4. Will OM Room Room Moderator OM Room ever get promoted to OM Room Room Owner OM Room?
5. What are your favorite music genres?
6. Which are your favorite music artists?
7. Can you play a music instrument? Which, how and when did you learn to do so?
8. Are these questions killing your boredom?
9. What's your credit card number, it's expiration date and the 3 numbers on the back?
10. Invent a unique OM. Describe it. And also give sample sets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)