Project OM Mashup Megathread [PokeAAA is Leader's Choice]

DuckeryDoodle

"Aw, Phooey!"
is a Pre-Contributor
Berserk seems to be failing to work in pokebilities AAA when moltres-galar picks another ability, I played some games and encountered this problem multiple times. I forgot to save those replays when playing, but if I happen to encounter this problem again hopefully I'll remember to save the replay and add it here
Edit 1: Bisharp takes intimidate from lando-t and neither inner focus nor defiant activated https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1573974793-fg5n05q18nzvsxk8ky8mfdibsww7558pw
I did some testing with beserk and it seems to be working properly.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1574061769

Berserk seems to be failing to work in pokebilities AAA when moltres-galar picks another ability, I played some games and encountered this problem multiple times. I forgot to save those replays when playing, but if I happen to encounter this problem again hopefully I'll remember to save the replay and add it here
I've also been using a lot of Moltres-Galar, and Berserk seems to be working properly for me too. Maybe it's specific to the ability you gave it?

I did some testing with beserk and it seems to be working properly.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1574061769
I've also been using a lot of Moltres-Galar, and Berserk seems to be working properly for me too. Maybe it's specific to the ability you gave it?
Thanks for the tests! I personally gave moltres-g serene grace and i think the malfunctioning games had enemies using sheer force. However I haven't encountered this problem in a long time (lol moltres-g never went below 50% in my games after i sent the last post) and yeah maybe it was just a random bug. The bisharp one concerns me a lot more now. Thanks for the help and testing!

Thanks for the tests! I personally gave moltres-g serene grace and i think the malfunctioning games had enemies using sheer force. However I haven't encountered this problem in a long time (lol moltres-g never went below 50% in my games after i sent the last post) and yeah maybe it was just a random bug. The bisharp one concerns me a lot more now. Thanks for the help and testing!
I might be completely wrong about this (I don't know mechanics), but I think that sheer force boosted moves are intended to interact this way with berserk, iirc it also does this with emergency exit/wimp out and eject button, maybe other things idk

I might be completely wrong about this (I don't know mechanics), but I think that sheer force boosted moves are intended to interact this way with berserk, iirc it also does this with emergency exit/wimp out and eject button, maybe other things idk
You are correct
Sheer Force ignores activating abilities Wimp Out, Pickpocket, Emergency Exit, Color Change and Berserk while hitting the opponent with a Sheer Force affected move.

DuckeryDoodle

"Aw, Phooey!"
is a Pre-Contributor
Tier: Pokebilities Mix and Mega

Core: :rillaboom:+:magnezone:

Core type: Offensive

Description: Rillaboom is one of the strongest offensive Pokemon in Poke MnM currently, with its powerful STAB priority move in Grassy Glide coming off of 205 Attack. The main counter to Rillaboom is Steel-type pokemon such as Skarmory, which Magnezone can trap and kill, and in turn Rillaboom threatens Pokemon like Blissey who are able to switch into Magnezone.Lucarionite Magnezone is also a powerful wallbreaker even if it doesn't trap a Steel-type Pokemon. Analytic and Adaptability make sure that every Pokemon switching in take large amounts of damage.
Tagging Aggrometaile so he sees this

Let's talk about Alakazam in Pokebilities AAA
:alakazam:

:ss/alakazam:
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball

I think everyone who plays Pokebilities AAA has seen this thing and fears it. The classic life orb set has no real counters, with options to defeat any pokémon who think they're safe. Shadow ball beats opposing Alakazam, and Dhelmise on the switch, Focus Blast can beat specially defensive steels trying to tank expanding force and dark types, Dazzling Gleam can reliably check dark types (instead of missing them), and psyshock can be used to break through Blissey and Chansey.

However, all of these checks can be defeated even if Alakazam isn't carrying the correct move: Blissey and Chansey must have a way to stop Alakazam such as thunder wave or unaware to avoid being nasty plotted on, then getting 2HKOd, dark types are often slower, and can be beaten with either dazzing gleam or focus blast, or by wearing them down. (Especially as the common dark types in the tier, such as Zarude and Krookodile, don't run/don't get recovery).

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Counter

Due to Alakazam's incredible speed tier and use of psychic surge, it's then very difficult to revenge kill. A fast scarfer or grassy glider can come in and chase Alakazam out, but that's where Alakazam's next set comes in: Focus Sash. At the cost of a bit amount of power, Alakazam can survive any one hit with focus sash. This is especially brutal as there's no way to know which set you're facing beforehand, as they almost always run identical movesets and magic guard stops the sash from being broken by hazards or passive damage. With this sash on, Alakazam can either abuse it to safely set up nasty plot against a team without an answer to +2 Alakazam, or can bluff life orb, take out a pokémon with expanding force, then pick up a second KO against the revenge killer.

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam/Focus Blast
- Psyshock/Focus Blast
- Trick/Dazzling Gleam

The final set Alakazam runs is choice scarf. This completely shuts down most revenge killing options, allowing Alakazam to function excellently against offence, and running trick allows it to still be useful against stall, as it can trick away its scarf. This set sacrifices flexibility for the ability to beat opposing scarfers with ease, and pick up easy late game sweeps. Focus blast or dazzling gleam can defeat its checks with good prediction, then expanding force can sweep the rest. Even Blissey can still be 2HKOd with a bit of chip and/or hazard support, which leaves little hope for other non-resists. It's also quite easy to bluff life orb with this set, as Alakazam naturally outspeeds so much, so an when an offensive scarfer comes in to try and pick up momentum, you can surprise them by just finishing them off. For example, scarf Heatran is almost always 2HKOd by expanding force after rocks (assuming you don't nail it with focus blast on the switch).

Of course, Alakazam is frail, struggling to take physical hits from even fully defensive pokémon, meaning it requires a lot of support to hit the field safely. This support is not too hard to come by with excellent pivots such as teleport Slowbro, flip turn Swampert, U-turn Landorus-T, and more: and once this thing hits the field, you have to predict perfectly or something is going down (or something goes down anyway, because sometimes you can't outpredict the sheer power of expanding force). Minor moveset changes allow it to dominate pokémon who should otherwise check it, and scouting is hard when it blows by so much so easily. It even has defensive use against the broken triage users of the tier, able to switch into Kommo-o and Togekiss and scare them out instantly, or prevent Talonflame from spamming brave bird (before switching to a flare blitz resist). The fact Talonflame almost always runs Jolly is a testament to the power of Alakazam, as there are no other notable targets for a jolly flare blitz.

Last edited:
I was curious if and how Mimikyu might work in PokeAAAbilities, so I tested it out a bit, and it seems like chosen abilities work as expected while its Disguise is intact, but not after it's busted. Is the Busted form hard-coded to have its ability nullified, or does the additional ability just not carry over to the form change? I just thought it was an interesting interaction.

Tier: Pokebilities Mix and Mega

Core: :rillaboom:+:magnezone:

Core type: Offensive

Description: Rillaboom is one of the strongest offensive Pokemon in Poke MnM currently, with its powerful STAB priority move in Grassy Glide coming off of 205 Attack. The main counter to Rillaboom is Steel-type pokemon such as Skarmory, which Magnezone can trap and kill, and in turn Rillaboom threatens Pokemon like Blissey who are able to switch into Magnezone.Lucarionite Magnezone is also a powerful wallbreaker even if it doesn't trap a Steel-type Pokemon. Analytic and Adaptability make sure that every Pokemon switching in take large amounts of damage.
Tagging Aggrometaile so he sees this
Added! Mudkip goat...

I thought we cannot give the same ability to two pokemons in the same team who don't naturally get them but I tried giving them and it shows it's valid, is this a bug or it's allowed?

Last edited:
I was curious if and how Mimikyu might work in PokeAAAbilities, so I tested it out a bit, and it seems like chosen abilities work as expected while its Disguise is intact, but not after it's busted. Is the Busted form hard-coded to have its ability nullified, or does the additional ability just not carry over to the form change? I just thought it was an interesting interaction.
seems like a weird bug, if you can replicate it and get the replay send it as a bug report here

seems like a weird bug, if you can replicate it and get the replay send it as a bug report here
Huh, I was able to replicate it when I posted about it, but it looks like I can't anymore, so if it was a bug it seems like it's already been fixed and now chosen abilities work correctly on Mimikyu both before and after the Disguise is busted. Thank you for pointing me to the right place to report that, though!

:ss/Serperior:Camove Chaos Hub:ss/Regieleki:

Council
:Budew:BandedBodyPress [Leader]
:Arbok:Clasmia
:Marill:D→luxe
:Masquerain:cautiousabandon
:corviknight:Alolan Corviknight OU

What's Camove Chaos?
Camove Chaos is a mashup between Camomons and National Dex that allows almost any move!

How do I play?
Camove Chaos can be played on the main PS server with the following codes. It can be seen on the OM Mashups room or on the Tours Plaza room.

/tour new nationaldex,elim,,,[Gen 8] Camove Chaos
/tour rules !Obtainable Moves,Camomons Mod,CFZ Clause,Sleep Moves Clause,-Drizzle,-Drought,-Astral Barrage,-Belly Drum,-Bolt Beak,-Boomburst,-Double Iron Bash,-Extreme Speed,-Electrify,-Final Gambit,-Fishious Rend,-Geomancy,-Quiver Dance,-Shell Smash,-Shift Gear,-Tail Glow,-Thousand Arrows,-Transform,-V-Create,-Wicked Blow,-Eevium Z,-Aerodactyl-Mega,-Beedrill-Mega,-Blaziken,-Charizard-Mega-Y,-Kartana,-Latias,-Latios,-Mawile-Mega,-Medicham-Mega,-Shedinja,+Blastoise-Mega,+Deoxys-Speed,+Dracovish,+Dragapult,+Magearna,+Tornadus-Therian,+Urshifu,+Zygarde
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/wall This is **Camomons + Natdex** with **any move available**! **SAMPLE TEAMS**: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...okeaaa-is-leaders-choice.3657159/post-9219836
/challenge nationaldex @@@!Obtainable Moves,Camomons Mod,CFZ Clause,Sleep Moves Clause,-Drizzle,-Drought,-Astral Barrage,-Belly Drum,-Bolt Beak,-Boomburst,-Double Iron Bash,-Extreme Speed,-Electrify,-Final Gambit,-Fishious Rend,-Geomancy,-Quiver Dance,-Shell Smash,-Shift Gear,-Tail Glow,-Thousand Arrows,-Transform,-V-Create,-Wicked Blow,-Charizardite Y,-Eevium Z,-Aerodactyl-Mega,-Beedrill-Mega,-Blaziken,-Charizard-Mega-Y,-Kartana,-Latias,-Latios,-Mawile-Mega,-Medicham-Mega,-Shedinja,+Blastoise-Mega,+Deoxys-Speed,+Dracovish,+Dragapult,+Magearna,+Tornadus-Therian,+Urshifu,+Zygarde

Ruleset

Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Moves Clause: Bans all moves that induce sleep, such as Hypnosis.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
  • CFZ Clause: The use of Crystal-Free Z-Moves (CFZs) is disallowed.
Bans:
  • Aerodactyl-Mega
  • Alakazam-Mega
  • Arceus-*
  • Beedrill-Mega
  • Blaziken
  • Blaziken-Mega
  • Calyrex-Ice
  • Calyrex-Shadow
  • Charizard-Mega-Y
  • Cinderace
  • Darkrai
  • Darmanitan-Galar
  • Deoxys
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Dialga
  • Eternatus
  • Genesect
  • Gengar-Mega
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Groudon
  • Groudon-Primal
  • Ho-oh
  • Kangaskan-Mega
  • Kartana
  • Kyogre
  • Kyogre-Primal
  • Kyurem-Black
  • Kyurem-White
  • Landorus
  • Latias
  • Latias-Mega
  • Latios
  • Latios-Mega
  • Lucario-Mega
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Marshadow
  • Mawile-Mega
  • Medicham-Mega
  • Metagross-Mega
  • Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo-Mega-X
  • Mewtwo-Mega-Y
  • Nagandel
  • Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
  • Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
  • Palkia
  • Pheromosa
  • Rayquaza
  • Rayquaza-Mega
  • Reshiram
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Shedinja
  • Solgaleo
  • Spectrier
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zacian
  • Zacian-Crowned
  • Zamazenta
  • Zamazenta-Crowned
  • Zekrom
  • Zygarde-Complete
  • Eevium Z
  • Astral Barrage
  • Baton Pass
  • Belly Drum
  • Bolt Beak
  • Boomburst
  • Double Iron Bash
  • Electrify
  • Extreme Speed
  • Final Gambit
  • Fishous Rend
  • Geomancy
  • Quiver Dance
  • Shell Smash
  • Shift Gear
  • Tail Glow
  • Thousand Arrows
  • Transform
  • V-Create
  • Wicked Blow
  • Drizzle
  • Drought

Resources
Click on a Pokemon to view a sample team!
:zapdos-galar::magnezone::diancie-mega::alomomola::chansey::cresselia: Galarian Zapdos Hazard Stack Balance by Clasmia

:serperior::greninja-ash::cresselia::tangrowth::chansey::comfey: Serperior + Greninja Balance by BandedBodyPress
:alomomola::cresselia::alakazam::tapu-lele::hitmonlee::scizor-mega: Mega Scizor Bulky Offense by BandedBodyPress
:tapu koko::comfey::sceptile::regieleki::xurkitree::tapu bulu: Tapu Tile by The Hisui Region
A Rank

A+

:Comfey:Comfey (
/
/
/
)
:Regieleki:Regieleki (
/
/
)

A
:Chansey:Chansey (
/
/
)
:Cresselia:Cresselia (
/
/
/
)
:Greninja-Ash:Ash Greninja (
/
/
/
)
:Diancie-Mega:Mega Diancie (
/
/
/
)
:Lopunny-mega:Mega Lopunny (
/
/
/
)
:Scizor-Mega:Mega Scizor (
/
/
/
)
:Serperior:Serperior (
/
/
)
:Tapu-lele:Tapu Lele (
/
/
/
)

A-
:Alakazam:Alakazam (
/
/
/
)
:Lycanroc-Dusk:Dusk Lycanroc (
/
/
/
)
:Magnezone:Magnezone (
/
/
/
)
:Sceptile-Mega:Mega Sceptile (
/
/
)
:Zeraora:Zeraora (
/
/
/
)

B Rank

B+
:Alomomola:Alomomola (
/
/
)
:Excadrill:Excadrill (
/
/
/
)
:Aggron-Mega:Mega Aggron (
/
/
/
)
:Tyranitar-Mega:Mega Tyranitar (
/
/
/
)
:Tapu-Bulu:Tapu Bulu (
/
/
/
)
:Tyranitar:Tyranitar (
/
/
/
)
:Tapu-Koko:Tapu Koko (
/
/
/
)
:Xurkitree:Xurkitree (
/
)

B
:Ditto:Ditto (
/
/
)
:Heatran:Heatran (
/
/
/
)
:Regirock:Regirock (
/
/
)
:Tangrowth:Tangrowth (
/
/
)
:Slowking-Galar:Galarian Slowking (
/
/
/
)
:Zapdos-galar:Galarian Zapdos (
/
/
/
)

B-
:blissey:Blissey (
/
/
)
:hitmonlee:Hitmonlee (
/
/
/
)
:Landorus-Therian:Therian Landorus (
/
/
/
)
:Charizard-Mega-X:Mega Charizard X (
/
/
/
)
:Manectric-Mega:Mega Manectric (
/
/
/
)
:Sceptile:Sceptile (
/
/
)

C Rank

C+
:Hoopa-unbound:Unbound Hoopa (
/
)
:venusaur-mega:Mega Venusaur (
/
)
:Pyukumuku:Pyukumuku (
/
)
:regice:Regice (
/
/
/
)
:Registeel:Registeel (
/
/
/
)
:Suicune:Suicune (
/
/
/
)
:Toxapex:Toxapex (
/
/
/
)

C
:Clefable:Clefable (
/
/
/
)
:Gliscor:Gliscor (
/
/
/
)
:hippowdon:Hippowdon (
/
/
)
:Marowak-Alola:Alolan Marowak (
/
/
/
)
:Blastoise-mega:Mega Blastoise (
/
/
/
)
:Pidgeot-mega:Mega Pidgeot (
/
/
)
:reuniclus:Reuniclus (
/
/
/
)
:Slowbro:Slowbro (
/
/
/
)

C-
:Bibarel:Bibarel (
/
)
:Kommo-O:Kommo-o (
/
)
:Sableye-mega:Mega Sableye (
/
)
:Miltank:Miltank (
/
/
)
:swoobat:Swoobat (
/
)
3/21/2022 Drizzle and Drought banned
3/29/2022 Tail Glow and Wicked Blow banned
4/17/2022 Quiver Dance banned
5/18/2022 Deoxys Speed, Dragapult, and Magearna unbanned

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)