Project OM Mashup Megathread

Quick update on the AAA Doubles suspect test.
View attachment 324443

longhiep341 and Conspiro both have reached the req to vote. Still, there are quite a number of users without a Smogon account, so I might not count them in unless they have informed me (Grumpee and Conspiro).

Users qualified for voting as of this post:
  • HeatEdgeSword
  • Young K!ller
  • AV Cosmoem
  • Txitixas
  • longhiep341
Since the Doubles AAA Cress suspect will last until the 24th of March, we will be holding another 3 suspect tours for the Cress AAA doubles suspect test! They will be held today, tomorrow and wednesday at 6PM GMT+1 (1 hour before the daily tour).

Long time no post, gotta get analysis and team dump going again. I'm sure many of these are good enough to be sample teams since I win a fair share of room tours with them. I'll talk about some less played mashups here.
:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Let's talk about this mon. This one, simply put, is too centralizing and broken. Specs/Nasty Plot/Scarf are all good options, and Calyrex-S has more than enough tools at its disposal to make great use of them. Specs Grass Knot 2HKOs TTar, Pollen Puff 2HKOs Umbreon, Ice Beam 2HKOs Yveltal, while NP trades some power for potential to win the game since it also has Sleep Powder to outplay Sucker Punch. The only pokemon that isn't 2HKOed by anything it throws at is Grimmsnarl, which relies on Moonlight to keep itself healthy. But then a hard Kyogre switchin can instantly diminish that and Grimmsnarl is bad outside of checking Calyrex-S.
252 SpA Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 258-304 (56.7 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow Pollen Puff vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 212-250 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 226-266 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
:ss/Kyogre:
Speaking of Kyogre, it still does what it does best: Spamming Water Spout. It also benefits from getting a more reliable Steam Eruption and most importantly, Flip Turn. Flip Turn helps Kyogre maintain momentum and bring its checks to 2HKO range, which is very beneficial for the next mon I want to talk about. Besides specially defensive Eternatus and Utility Umbrella Blissey, there really aren't many reliable defensive checks since Ferrothorn gets 2HKOed by Specs.
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 262-309 (40.1 - 47.3%)
0- Atk Kyogre Flip Turn vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 106-126 (16.2 - 19.3%)
So after a Flip Turn, Blissey is in range to be 2HKOed by Spout, Chansey is still 2HKOed by Spout.
:ss/Dugtrio:
Dugtrio is a very good partner to go with Caly and Kyogre. Kyogre Flip Turn helps bring Duggy in safely to eliminate Blissey and Eternatus, and it can also knock out TTar for Caly. Choice Band is the preferred item to ensure Precipice Blades OHKOs Eternatus.
252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Precipice Blades vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eternatus: 510-602 (107.5 - 127%)
252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Precipice Blades vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 444-523 (68 - 80.2%)
The last of the 3 biggest threats is Zacian, while not really gaining anything besides Sunsteel Strike, it still has power to 2HKO everything with Play Rough, Close Combat for Steel, Wild Charge for Ho-Oh and Crunch for Ghost/Psychic + the rare Aegislash.
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zacian Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 197-232 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zacian Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 374-440 (90.1 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Besides the three, most Ubers don't gain much cause they already have access to their most powerful moves, but there are some winners, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane gains Spectral Thief, making mons like Xerneas much less relevant, Groudon and Zygod gain Shore Up, Kyurem-B and Darm-Galar gain Glacial Lance, Zamazenta gets No Retreat and Body Press, Pheromosa gains Web, Specs Dragon Energy.
I expect to see Calyrex-S banned, I will post my teams (not the best) throughout the suspect, if Caly is banned I expect more options to open up.
https://pokepast.es/2647276c47a8fec1
https://pokepast.es/1e8ae8968d2e1a1c
https://pokepast.es/ca82db1f02d3546a
STAAAB Ubers comes with some stronger versions of the mons in STAB Ubers. Kyogre is worse compared to Palkia, who gains another Dragon STAB in Dragon Energy/Clanging Scales and better speed. Besides that the meta is pretty similar to AAA Ubers with some mons that greatly benefit from both like Kartana so I won't cover much.
350 STAAAB is much wilder. There are some very monstrous mons that are very hard to deal with, such as Psychic Surge Abra, which can 2HKO pretty much any non Dark mon while being immune to priority, rip Pursuit and Grimer-A, you will be missed. Besides Abra, there are very reliable walls, such as
:ss/Tentacool:
Tentacool @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Fang
- Rapid Spin
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off
Specially defensive Tentacool can go full utility, while blanket checking many dangerous special threats. Poison Fang is chosen over Scald to handle Magic Bounce mon better. In my opinion, it's the second most common defensive water mon besides Slowpoke, which has reliable recovery. Other choices can be Poison Heal Lombre, Mantyke. Spritzee is also a good special wall, even though it doesn't really benefit from STAB part. As for physical walls, besides Slowpoke there's also
:ss/Rhyhorn:
Rhyhorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb / Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Earthquake
Now, attackers. I tried to get some sets out and found some solid mons.
:ss/Stufful:
Stufful @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Close Combat
- Multi-Attack
- Rapid Spin
:ss/Rufflet:
Rufflet (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dazzling
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack
:ss/Gastly:
Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force / Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball / Moongeist Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt / Knock Off / Will-O-Wisp
Gastly is a potent special attacker with some nice utilities. Its STABs hit hard, Thunderbolt hits the bulky waters, the last slot depends on what you need. Taunt helps you beat some passive wall that relies on status or pp stall, Knock Off softens RegenVest mons, Will-o-Wisp can catch Stunky/Pawniard on the switch.
And now time for some different approaches. Slowpoke is a good defense wall, but what if it can utilize its 130 atk?
:ss/Slowpoke:
Slowpoke @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Photon Geyser
- Slack Off
Photon Geyser handles Unaware, Aqua Jet for priority, this sets can still act as a physical wall while being a potential wincon.
:ss/Pawniard:
Pawniard @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Beat Up
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
Did you know Serene Grace also works on King's Rock? This set tries to take advantage of that with Beat Up having 73.79% chance to flinch.
Besides the above mons, there are some other interesting options, like MGLO Steel Beam Magnemite, Grassy Surge Nuzleaf,...
If you think rain is broken in Nature Swap, adding STABmons only makes this worse. If you don't run rain yourself, you must have a water immunity on your team, otherwise rain will destabilize you completely. Special attackers like Mantine now has Water Spout and Steam Eruption, while physical Swift Swimmer like Omastar or Relicanth gain Surging Strikes and Diamond Storm. Regigigas was banned as its Adamant special attacker set is too strong while being bulky at the same time.
:ninjask: :jellicent: :garchomp: :rhyperior: :kyurem: :steelix:
This is the first team I made. It originally had Regigigas but I had to replace it, I wanted a special attacker and decided to go with Garchomp. This team does have noticeable flaws to ice type and ground. But it's still functionable. Kyurem can take 2 Specs Hurricane from Mantine and threaten rain teams with Freeze Dry since it can stall out Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball. Jellicent, Steelix, Rhyperior and Kyurem together form a decent defensive core, but this team can be vulnerable to hazard since Defog is on Ninjask.
:landorus-therian: :aegislash: :excadrill: :urshifu: :vaporeon: :tapu lele:
I think this one is more refined, and also more offensive than the previous one. Swords Dance Aegislash is a huge threat that can sweep unprepared teams with its speed tier. Vaporeon isthe mandatory water immunity. Tapu Lele is this team's speed control, which can even outpace Swift Swimmers in Rain. Urshifu is more of an experiment, but I think Dark/Fighting STAB works quite well here. Excadrill can be replaced to better check more threats, but I like Doom Desire support to help break teams. Landorus-T is a menace in STAB, and here it gets a slightly better speed tier.
Now, I'll post some sets besides the teams above so that you know what to prepare for here.
:ss/Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Mystical Fire
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin
How to use: Click Boomburst, you really don't need to click anything else
:ss/Talonflame:
Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Timid Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Explosion
While vulnerable to Rock, if you can keep the hazard control, Talonflame is very good for cleaning and breaking. Dragon Ascent can tear rain teams apart, although Ferrothorn should be kept in mind if you want to keep Gale Wings intact. A Boots set with Roost in place of Explosion is safer if you can't really prevent rock.
:ss/Buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Body Press
- Roost
- U-turn
A reliable mixed wall that can set Web.
:ss/Mantine:
Mantine @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hurricane
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam / Flip Turn / Toxic / Roost
:ss/Relicanth:
Relicanth @ Choice Band
Lonely Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Flip Turn
- Diamond Storm
- Earthquake
Your typical rain sweepers.
These metas rarely ever see play even in the room, so I will only briefly talk about my teams (aren't refined yet)
MnM TS
:arcanine: :jellicent: :braviary: :aromatisse: :salazzle: :avalugg:
Avalugg and Aromatisse are walls, others are offensive mons, should be adjusted with more threats in mind like Noivern and to add hazard setter somewhere
MnM Camo TS
:arcanine: :gallade: :cursola: :mantine: :musharna: :arctovish:
Break with Gallade and Arctovish and Cursola, Arcanine can clean late game, Mantine doesn't change type upon Mega so it has good typing, Musharna is basically a late game wincon
Two biggest winners are Vikavolt and Avalugg. Vikavolt gets to change its types to Steel/Electric with Levitate, while Avalugg gets rid of its terrible typing and gains stab on Body Press. Besides those, the meta is still fairly new.
:dhelmise: :vikavolt: :cresselia: :hitmontop: :cradily: :avalugg:
A team that tries to take advantage of Hitmontop's Technician Triple Axel. I originally put EQ, but that leaves it vulnerable to Steel/Fairy Claydol so I changed to CC. Dhelmise also gains STAB on Anchor Shot alongside a decent defensive typing. Cress does what it does in Camo, but with more bulk
:audino: :miltank: :druddigon: :vikavolt: :inteleon: :avalugg:
The offensive core used here is quite weird, with crit Inteleon and Druddigon. Inteleon usually acts more like a late game wincon than breaker, but Druddigon has absurd powers behind it. Gunk Shot decimates any non resist, and can even OHKO stuff such as Rock/Fighting Mienshao. Audino is special wall. Water/Fairy Miltank is a surprisingly nice physical wall that handles common Dark/Fighting coverage.
I'll add more but this is enough for now. I'll cover Doubles, TSAAA and Alphabet Cup mashups next time.

STAB Ubers suspect period has finished. The following users got voting reqs:

longhiep341
Binacleisthebest
bp scrub
The Dragon Master
ssss@defrrvdd
InvalidOS
Quantum Tesseract
Ainzcrad
Wrk5646

Please vote within the next 2 days by pming me on smogon or on discord.

Ainzcrad — Today at 12:55 PM
Ban Caly shadow

DragonKnightToday at 1:42 PM (longhiep)
As much as I like to see the world burn, Calyrex-S is too much even for me, so I vote ban

wrk5646 — Today at 3:33 PM
ban calyex
*calyrex-shadow

ssss@defrrvdd 2 minutes ago
ban calyrex shadow

TheDragonMasterToday at 4:08 PM
Voting ban on caly bc it necassasitates 2 checks to it on every team, only yvel or ttar gets broken through eventually

BinaclePinnacleToday at 6:52 PM
pming for the sustest
ban caly-s

[19:56] +Quantum Tesseract: put me down as dnb tho

EDIT: With 6/9 eligible users voting ban we have reached a 66% majority. Calyrex-Shadow is thus BANNED from STABmons Ubers. Thank you to everyone who participated!
just gonna add that i said i'd vote ban in the mashups room chat, so if i hadn't forgotten it would've been 6-1 in favor of a ban

unknown.png

Alright, final AAA Doubles suspect update. Spem53 has gotten the req. Unfortunately, they do not seem to have a smogon account either.

With that out of the way, we will be moving on to voting. The qualified users are the same as the previous post, this will act as a reminder:
  • HeatEdgeSword
  • Young K!ller
  • AV Cosmoem
  • Txitixas
  • longhiep341
If you think I've missed, please present with either screenshot or replay before I move on to the voting stage.

View attachment 325782
Alright, final AAA Doubles suspect update. Spem53 has gotten the req. Unfortunately, they do not seem to have a smogon account either.

With that out of the way, we will be moving on to voting. The qualified users are the same as the previous post, this will act as a reminder:
  • HeatEdgeSword
  • Young K!ller
  • AV Cosmoem
  • Txitixas
  • longhiep341
If you think I've missed, please present with either screenshot or replay before I move on to the voting stage.
I think VoolPool has reqs too
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1307339208

Tiering policy update!
not actually an update tbh, just explicitly describing what we have been doing for a while; prompted by a big AAA banlist change

Poison Heal was banned from AAA a little less than two weeks ago. This decision had sparked some discussion in the mashups discord about how to handle his policy-wise; should we ban PH from our AAA mashups or not? This also concerns general banlist carryovers; should we ban an element whenever a component meta bans it or not?
We reached a decision soon after, but I forgot to actually post it here. Basically we have decided that the best way to do this is the following:

1. For mashups with a council, tiering decisions will be left to the council in question. Taking STAAABmons, TS AAA and Doubles AAA as an example, despite PH being banned in AAA it was up to the respective councils to decide whether to follow that decision or not.

2. For mashups without a council, tiering decisions will be followed. Something like STABmons Inheritance would in turn ban anything that gets banned from Inheritance or STABmons. In case of a large difference between the way a mashup and one of its component metas play out OMM leadership might decide to not follow a tiering decision if its deemed unnecessary, but these cases will be rare.

The reason we have chosen this option is that actively played mashups generally get a council formed for them, as that is the best way to balance these tiers. Mashups tend to introduce new elements that aren't present in either of their component metas, which often means additional bans are in order. Since councils have the right to ban additional elements from the metas they are running, it is only fair that they have the right to unban elements if they deem them healthy as well.

Last edited:
Some thoughts for PH in OMMS:
STAAAB: i dont think its that big a deal since the abusers of it arent really meta defining, the main ones that come to mind are suicune, zarude and tapu fini and i dont see those mons as necessarily threatening or meta defining so i think its safe for it to stay in staaab

TSAAA: Unlike staaab tsaaa has many abusers for pheal, some of them being threats in tsaaa like regirock suicune vaporeon(pheal set isnt a threat you have to prepare for)and cresselia. For tsaaa it makes mons that are already good top tier so i think it should be looked at

As for the other AAA omms i dont really play them much so ,_,

EDIT: I forgot about AAA Ubers
For AAA ubers there arent many abusres of it, the best is xerneas which is a threat in aaa ubers but other then that the only mons i could see that could abuse it are pheal cmind kyogre so idt its much of an issue in there

Last edited:
ZU STAAAB (ZTAAAB)
What is ZTAAAB?
ZTAAAB is a mashup of Zero Used (ZU) and STAAABmons, which means that Pokemon in the ZU tier have access to (almost) any ability as well as every non-restricted move they share a type with. As a metagame, this mashup combines the rulesets of both its component metas (with STABmons used as a base), however the council makes additional bans (pokemon, abilities and move restrictions) at their discretion. In the same vein, some elements that are deemed broken in AAA or STABmons are managable in ZTAAABmons, and thus get unbanned by the council.

Council:
:exeggutor-alola: Eggs McGee (Leader)
:Roselia: RICEMAN
:solgaleo: The Hisui Region

Ruleset and banlist
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • 2 Ability Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Ability on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokemon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Banlist:
  • ZU Banlist
  • Regigigas
  • Rotom Fan
  • Rotom Frost
  • Shedinja
  • Silvally
  • Type Null
  • Arena Trap
  • Comatose
  • Contrary
  • Fluffy
  • Fur Coat
  • Gorilla Tactics
  • Huge Power
  • Ice Scales
  • Illusion
  • Imposter
  • Innards Out
  • Intrepid Sword
  • Libero
  • Moody
  • Neutralizing Gas
  • Parental Bond
  • Power Construct
  • Protean
  • Pure Power
  • Shadow Tag
  • Simple
  • Speed Boost
  • Stakeout
  • Tinted Lens
  • Water Bubble
  • Wonder Guard
  • RESTRICTED:
    • Acupressure
    • Astral Barrage
    • Belly Drum
    • Bolt Beak
    • Double Iron Bash
    • Extreme Speed
    • Fishious Rend
    • Geomancy
    • Glacial Lance
    • Lovely Kiss
    • No Retreat
    • Oblivion Wing
    • Shell Smash
    • Shift Gear
    • Spore
    • Surging Strikes
    • Thousand Arrows
    • Transform
    • V-Create
    • Wicked Blow
  • BANNED:
    • Baton Pass
    • Electrify
    • Grasswhistle
    • Hypnosis
    • Sing
    • Sleep Powder
  • King's Rock
  • Razor Fang

/tour new [Gen 8] STABmons, Elimination
/tour rules [Gen 8] ZU, !Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Tinted Lens, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Regigigas, -Rotom-Fan, -Rotom-Frost, -Shedinja, -Type: Null, 2 Ability Clause, *Glacial Lance, *No Retreat, *Oblivion Wing, *Surging Strikes, *Transform, *V-create, *Wicked Blow, -Electrify, -Hypnosis, -Sing, -Sleep Powder
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STAAAB ZU

Strategy and sample sets
As a mashup between ZU and STABmons and AAA, ZTAAAB allows for some sets that aren't possible in any of the 3 component metas. Ground types can use the combination of Bonemerang and Technician for extremely hard-hitting STAB moves, Flying types can use Gale Wings + Dragon Ascent for a powerful priority move that doesn't chip them, Fire types can use Magic Guard + Mind Blown for a powerful STAB move without recoil while also being immune to hazards and Dragon types can use Poison Heal + Clangorous Soul for a stackable Omniboost that only costs 20% hp.

:facepalm:UNDER CONSTRUCTION:facepalm:

Last edited:
Tiering policy update!
not actually an update tbh, just explicitly describing what we have been doing for a while; prompted by a big AAA banlist change

Poison Heal was banned from AAA a little less than two weeks ago. This decision had sparked some discussion in the mashups discord about how to handle his policy-wise; should we ban PH from our AAA mashups or not? This also concerns general banlist carryovers; should we ban an element whenever a component meta bans it or not?
We reached a decision soon after, but I forgot to actually post it here. Basically we have decided that the best way to do this is the following:

1. For mashups with a council, tiering decisions will be left to the council in question. Taking STAAABmons, TS AAA and Doubles AAA as an example, despite PH being banned in AAA it was up to the respective councils to decide whether to follow that decision or not.

2. For mashups without a council, tiering decisions will be followed. Something like STABmons Inheritance would in turn ban anything that gets banned from Inheritance or STABmons. In case of a large difference between the way a mashup and one of its component metas play out OMM leadership might decide to not follow a tiering decision if its deemed unnecessary, but these cases will be rare.

The reason we have chosen this option is that actively played mashups generally get a council formed for them, as that is the best way to balance these tiers. Mashups tend to introduce new elements that aren't present in either of their component metas, which often means additional bans are in order. Since councils have the right to ban additional elements from the metas they are running, it is only fair that they have the right to unban elements if they deem them healthy as well.
Well, AAA Doubles doesn't really have a council, but I will explain both Poison Heal and AAA Doubles.

It has been sometime since I've led AAA Doubles, and its banlist operated vastly differently compared to regular AAA. While most of the abilities that are banned in AAA are still listed there, it has some new additions. For starters, speed-boosting abilities such as Steam Engine are banned because speed changes applying mid-turn makes it more impactful in Doubles setting. By contrast, Pokemon that are banned in AAA such as Zeraora and Buzzwole are allowed in AAA Doubles due to being more managable in that setting or having different function.

Edit: I also would want to avoid the Archeops situation where it was banned back in Gen 7 AAA Doubles when I ended up finding it not that good to warrant the ban. Then again it does have Soul-Heart unbanned so that can't be good.

Now onto Poison Heal, while Poison Heal does see some use here (ex. Zygarde), I don't see it being broken just yet and most have agreed that Zygarde is the one should be look upon. Additionally, from my point of view, it fits better on setup offense rather than in general. Redirectors typically don't go for Poison Heal as recovery from berries is better for momentum and forgoing other abilities like Thick Fat or Volt Absorb. For preventing status, there's also Misty/Electric Surge and Magic Bounce to choose from. While these aren't strictly better per se, they do serve the purpose better when it's not doing setup offense.

So I conclude by saying I think Poison Heal should remain unbanned there.

Last edited:
Couldn't remember if I already posted it here, but I am joining the unbanning of Poison Heal. Thus, Poison Heal remains legal in Almost Any Ability Little Cup (LC AAA).

Reasoning: I don't see the ability or the abusers as a problematic thing in LC AAA currently unless you had convinced me (speed-boosting ability like Surge Surfer or Swift Swim are way more problematic due to compressed Speed Tier of Little Cup). The heal is too low, with healing only 3 HP at best (4 from Munchlax), and has opportunity cost of not running Eviolite (kinda similar thing to Heavy-Duty Boots on defensive Larvesta). For Munchlax's case, its rather unreliable to rely on Poison Heal as its recovery (due to aforementioned low heal) and the only thing it can mostly come in and take less damage are from a defensive mons such as Mareanie and Giga Drain Ferroseed (after activating Toxic Orb), defensive Spritzee set, which had low offensive power to begin with. It can only switch-in once against almost half of offensive special attackers because they can deal considerable amount of damage to it (they can even deal near 50% to a non-Eviolite mon with 135 HP and 85 SpD, and that's without taking Life Orb or random Choice Specs into account yet).

Dropping some sets for glaceon :ss/glaceon:

Glaceon @ Burn Drive
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Freeze-Dry
- Techno Blast
- Water Pulse / Substitute / Work Up

Techno Blast, in combination with a Burn Drive, allows Glaceon to hit Ice- and Steel-types. Coupled with Freeze-Dry enabling Glaceon to hit Water-types, Techno Blast leaves Glaceon with few walls, with only Fire-types and specially bulky Water-types being able to stomach hits. Water Pulse is a weak attack, but it allows Glaceon to make progress against Fire-types. Substitute gives Glaceon a safety net when it forces something out instead of having to predict. Work Up is the only way for Glaceon to boost its Special Attack.

Glaceon @ Electric Memory
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Multi-Attack
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

This set is really stupid but whatever. Even though it has 65 Attack, Glaceon can put some holes in teams expecting a special set. It's essentially a lure, also able to use Ice Shard to revenge kill. Beyond that it's simple enough.

Glaceon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Weather Ball
- Soft-Boiled

Glaceon isn't a bad choice for rain teams, due to its powerful Weather Ball in conjunction with its sky-high Special Attack and access to recovery. Swift Swim improves its poor Speed tier allowing it to function as a very powerful revenge killer and wallbreaker. In addition, due to Soft-Boiled it is able to outlast Stealth Rock and Life Orb damage, allowing it to run the latter.

That's all I have for now, will be back with more glaceon funnies later

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
hi so i made a tour code generator https://sites.google.com/view/pstourcode

I got tired of having to add a "+" before every unban, "-" before every ban, etc. Obviously TNM has a github with codes for a bunch of mashups already, but I figured this could come in handy for random mashups that people wanna try out, especially Ubers based ones (long ass list of Ubers to unban every single time). For example if you wanted to do Trademarked AG, you could type in /om trademarked in PS, copy the long ass list of bans and restrictions, and then run this program, putting in "Trademarked" as the base format and pasting that long list in the list of unbans section, leaving everything else empty.

It should be pretty easy to use; just click run next to the trinket and follow the instructions. I have 2 screenshots below with what the input should look like for Trademarked AG as an example, as well as the tour code it generates. Caps and spaces don't matter, as long as different entries are separated by a comma it should work out fine, meaning that you can copy paste results directly from /ds or /ms commands in Pokemon Showdown. hope this is helpful!

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 2.05.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 2.05.42 AM.png

Last edited:

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
STAAAB ZU ANNOUNCMENTS

Hello everyone, Eggs from STAAAB ZU council here. We've had a lively few days of discussion around this metagame, and it's undergone some developments!

The following Pokemon have been banned:
:Rotom-Fan: Rotom-Fan
Rotom-Fan, along all other Rotom formes, recieves a wide movepool due to STAB Move Legality, making it dangerously unpredictable. Access to great coverage in Blue Flare and Ice Beam, excellent recovery in Strength Sap, and Nasty Plot all contributed to this Pokemon's power as a wallbreaker, sweeper, and utility Pokemon.
:Rotom-Frost:Rotom-Frost
Rotom-Frost, along all other Rotom formes, recieves a wide movepool due to STAB Move Legality, making it dangerously unpredictable. Access to great coverage in Blue Flare and Ice Beam, excellent recovery in Strength Sap, and Nasty Plot all contributed to this Pokemon's power as a wallbreaker, sweeper, and utility Pokemon.
:Type Null:Type Null
Type: Null's excellent eviolite-boosted defenses allow it to shrug off devastating hits and easily recover the health with Slack Off, making its low speed stat less of an issue. 95 base offensive stats are excellent for ZU, and combined with strong stab moves in Boomburst and Facade can OHKO or 2HKO many Pokemon in the tier. Lastly, excellent utility options and access to both U-Turn and hazard removal let it fulfill nearly any role neccesary for a team.

The following abilities have been banned:
Triage is an incredible ability with many abusers, with the most prominent being powerful Grass types like Exeggutor and Leafeon, who can abuse priority Strength Saps as well as Giga Drain and Horn Leech. Other abusers exist, such as Sawk with Drain Punch and Alcremie with Draining Kiss. The presence of triage heavily nerfs the prominent offensive teams, as they often lack the ability to take boosted hits from Triage abusers.

The following moves have been restricted:
Surging Strikes is an incredibly strong STAB move that strongly limits counterplay to offensive water-types like Poliwrath, Kingler, and Basculin. Common physical water checks like Dauntless Shield and Strength Sap users are unable to check attackers that carry Surging Strikes. The lower overall level of bulk in STAAAB ZU also makes Suring Strikes users much harder to check, making this move unhealthy for the metagame.
Boomburst is an absurdly powerful STAB option for several powerful wallbreakers like Glaceon and Altaira. Its high base power also lets defensive Pokemon like Oranguru have a strong, drawback-free damaging move that prevents frail Pokemon from using them as setup fodder. Boomburst's counterplay is very limited, and most teams cannot afford the opportunity cost of carrying multiple Boomburst checks. These traits, combined with the overwhelmingly negative community opinion of Boomburst has led to its restriction.

Additionally, the council members have assembled a watchlist of other metagame elements that may be problematic:
Pokemon:
:Avalugg: Avalugg is the best physically defensive mon in the tier, and very few physical attackers have the ability to deal with it. Avalugg can avoid passive damage with Magic Bounce, become an instant threat with Dauntless Shield, or ignore chip with Regenerator. However, its low speed and special defense make it very vulnerable to and easily checked by special attackers.
:Lycanroc: Lycanroc: Lycanroc (The one with 115 Attack and 112 speed) is a potent attacker, sweeper, and lead. It can run powerful offensive sets that can wallbreak and sweep with Swords Dance and great coverage, and revenge kill targets with Accelerock. The only relevant pokemon that outspeeds Lycanroc is Boltund, which gives Lycanroc a massive advantage over the other frail offensive Pokemon in the tier. However, Lycanroc is very frail, and will often be OHKOd or 2HKOd by opposing Pokemon.
:Rotom: Rotom: The Base form of Rotom has access to excellent coverage and utility options thanks to STABmons Move Legality. Rotom's lower power and bulk spared it from being banned along with Rotom-Fan and -Fridge; Rotom has taken over their roles as a powerful and unpredictable attacker, and it is on our watchlist for that reason.

Moves:
Bolt Strike: Bolt Strike is an incredibly powerful STAB option for Electric physical attackers like Boltund, Electivire and Pikachu. Sheer Force and Transistor-boosted Bolt Strikes have very few switch ins, and all three Electric types have coverage options to deal with common ground types.
Psychic Surge + Expanding Force: The combination of these two moves grants psychic types an incredibly powerful STAB option with very few switch ins, with only Dark types and RegenVest Steel types being able to shrug them off. Abusers like Exeggutor and Kadabra also benefit greatly from Psychic Terrain, which makes it much harder to revenge kill them.

Thanks for playing STAAAB ZU! We'll keep you guys updated on any further developments!

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
We played some PokAAAbilities (Ubers) the other day in the room and I thought I'd post a cool set I used.

:ss/regieleki:
Regieleki @ Choice Band
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Body Slam

Look at me I have no non-STAB moves!
This is matchup-fish the mon. Ironically the hardest battle for me in the tour was against someone who didn't realize it was Ubers based... because they brought a Nidoking.

The +1 mimics Transistor
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Galvanize Regieleki Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 286-337 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Galvanize Regieleki Extreme Speed vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 178-211 (45.8 - 54.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Galvanize Regieleki Explosion vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 318-375 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Galvanize Regieleki Explosion vs. Lvl 1 Nincada: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever

This thing hits really hard at a really high Speed tier with Extreme Speed. It's a matchup fish that's super fun to play with.

https://pokepast.es/49278ddf37cba762 here's the full team I used. You'll notice I ran Acrobatics on that Regieleki. I don't think it's worth it, because 55 BP and you don't hit Ground SE, and you don't really get any other coverage options, so mono-electric it is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)