Project OM Mashup Megathread

suspect 7.pngsuspect 8.pngsuspect 9.pngsuspect 10.png

The suspect test period of Zygarde suspect test has now concluded! Congratulations to ssss@defrrvdd, Young Killer, and LTG for getting the reqs. Since I cannot find their Smogon account, RektCon will have to verify to vote.

Voting should begin tomorrow on the 4th of May.

Also, since AAA Doubles's ruleset runs separately from regular Almost Any Ability, there are no plans to suspect test Noivern at all, the main reason being using Boomburst in Doubles isn't too optimal.

Time to announce two bans in Almost Any Ability Doubles!
:ss/zygarde:
Zygarde has been banned via suspect test!

With 6 out 9 users voting ban on Zygarde, we have reached the 60% threshold to require to ban Zygarde and is now officially banned from Almost Any Ability. There's not much else to say in regards to Zygarde here, you may read previous posts on what makes Zygarde overwhelming.

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu Rapid Strike has been quickbanned!

While it has been a mainstay since DLC 1, it's clear that Urshifu Rapid Strike is a very dominating threat that can take advantage of a large variety of abilities as the metagame progresses. Ranging from Adaptability, Tinted Lens, or Tough Claws for offensive boosts to Dazzling/Queenly Majesty that block any priority moves can overwhelm it. Perhaps the biggest selling point of Urshifu is Surging Strikes, which can hit 3 times and always guaranteed a critical hit, making it not affected as much by Intimidate and Dauntless Shield compared to other physical Attackers. This is further backed up by its powerful STAB Close Combat and U-turn to pivot out, with Aqua Jet serving as its priority move to pick up KO from weakened foes or Ice Punch for Grass-types such as Rillaboom or Amoonguss.

As a result, it is decided it's best to quickban Urshifu Rapid Strike. That said, if there's any disagreement, I may change my decision for Urshifu.

/tour new Doubles, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, -Beat Up, -Anger Point, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Rattled, -Serene Grace, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Soul-Heart, -Stakeout, -Steam Engine, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Cresselia, -Kartana, -Kyurem-Black, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, -Zygarde, -Weakness Policy, 2 Ability Clause
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 5
/tour name [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability Doubles

In other news, I'm now looking for council members for Almost Any Ability Doubles. If you would like to join, hit me with a PM.

SPOTLIGHT TIME :puff:

Little Cup Balanced Hackmons Spotlight ends Monday, May 10th. Vote for the next Spotlight in the voting channel of our discord.
This Spotlight will run from Tuesday, May 11th to Monday, May 24th.

The eligible metas are:

AAA Doubles

Camo Sketchmons

Stab n Mega

Voting ends Monday, May 11th, @ 23:59PM GMT+1 (unless clear winner is decided earlier in the day)

Be sure to cast your vote and feel free to make suggestions for potential spotlights here or in the discord! :mad:

:Marshadow: Ubers AAA Anouncement! :Eternatus:

:ss/Marshadow:
Ubers AAA has decided to ban marshadow due to it having no viable switchins and being a burden on the meta to play around, with its great typing, attack and speed tier along with it only requiring spectral thief/poltergeist, close combat and shadow sneak to deal with all of the meta.

:ss/Eternatus:
Ubers AAA has also decided to suspect test Eternatus, with its great coverage, breaking power with specs dragon maw and lack of proper switchins requiring sets like flash fire necrozma dusk mane which requires special defense investment to survive dragons maw specs dynamax cannon.
(252 SpA Choice Specs Dragon's Maw Eternatus Dynamax Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 184-217 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO)

The suspect test tournaments will be held this week and next weeks weekend.

There will be two tours each day and the winners of each tournament will receive the reqs required to vote.
(NOTE: You must have a smogon account in order to be eligible to vote.)

TIMINGS:

3 pm gmt +2

2 pm gmt -5

With the marshadow ban there is also a new updated tour code.

/tour new [Gen 8] Ubers, Elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Calyrex-Shadow, -Marshadow, -Shedinja, -Urshifu-Single-Strike, 2 Ability Clause, Dynamax Clause
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability Ubers

Edit: Due to low activity during the first tournament we have decided to change it to the two tournaments above and due to them not happening the last two weeks there will be a two weeks extension for it

Last edited:
The new mashups spotlight is Camo Sketchmons!!! :blobnom:
This will run from May 11th to May 24th!
20210511_131341.jpg

Tour can be set with ?starttour Spotlight

Be sure to build and enjoy the spotlight!!!
Feel free to share your teams and thoughts on this mashup in the thread :psysad:

Also please share any potential spotlights you would like to see in the future!

Posting a bunch of sets for Camo Sketch (unsure of the current banlist tho):

:ss/alakazam:
Fire
/
Psychic

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Nasty Plot

:ss/blacephalon:
Dragon
/
Fire
or
Water
/
Fire
or
Normal
/
Fire

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Dragon Energy / Water Spout / Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Knock Off / Dark Pulse
- Trick

:ss/arcanine:
Normal
/
Fighting
or
Normal
/
Fire

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat / Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun / Crunch
- Swords Dance

:ss/latias:
Fighting
/
Poison
or
Water
/
Poison

Latias (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast / Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Calm Mind

:ss/latias:
Electric
/
Water

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Surf
- Recover
- Calm Mind

:ss/barbaracle:
Dark
/
Ghost

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab
- Shell Smash

:ss/volcarona:
Fire
/
Psychic

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Stored Power
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

:ss/clefable:
Electric
/
Fighting

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Camo sketch heat coming up
:Tapu Koko:
dreams (Tapu Koko) @ Electric Seed/heavdy duty boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing
- Calm Mind
- Roost/ Taunt

I still don't know how to put color full types lol. With amazing defensive typing, Koko can easily find mons to set up on and then sweep unprepared teams. Electric seed is cool since it makes u immune to poltergeist, and the defense boost makes it much more difficult to revenge/ set up. I think taunt best on last moveslot because u already get recovery with obvi wing, but u cant test it out and see for yourself. Overall I think it is a very strong threat that needs to be wary of and prepped in teambuilder.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
:ss/thundurus-therian:
|

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon / Focus Blast
- Oblivion Wing
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt? idk

steel/flying is great defensive typing, fighting/flying is great offensive typing, this has volt absorb so fuck electrics
:ss/volcanion:

Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scorching Sands
- Shore Up
- Defog

honestly idk but i love volcanion and primal groudon typing + water absorb is cool so
:ss/melmetal:
|

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Surging Strikes / Plasma Fists
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

i just picked moves that are Iron Fist boosted but coverage might not be the best
:ss/clefable:
|

Clefable @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mind Blown / Steel Beam
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

combination of roldski's Clefable + Alakazam basically, steel fairy is obvious steel fairy but fire fairy is p good too when u dont have to worry about stealth rocks weakness
:ss/lycanroc-dusk:

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Ascent
- Accelerock
- Stealth Rock

this is just gapdos without uturn but stronger and faster
:ss/heracross:

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

just normal camo heracross but with stronger ghost STAB now

will add more later

Last edited:
Wow people are actually posting about the spotlight.
I LOVE TO SEE IT!!
Let's keep the community engagement goingggggb:blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:
:blobpex:

I made this team (havent had a chance to play yet) in case someone wants a sample:

:tapu koko: :latias: :tornadus-therian: :toxapex: :clefable: :entei:
Pretty simple bulky offense team, there's not much to say about it. BoltBeam Koko is a great pivot, Scald Latias statuses everything, Owing Torn is a nice rilla check, AV pex answers a bunch of broken special attackers, Steel Beam Clef is Magearna with rocks and SD Entei seems like a good lategame cleaner.

As for the meta, there's definitely some borderline elements. Mainly Fire types (either pre camo or post camo) such as Mind Blown Zam, Blace and Volc with Sword/Astral/Psystrike/Stored Power but stuff like Guts Polt/Sthief + Facade seems kinda insane too. We will be monitoring the meta to see if any bans are needed so please if you notice something is broken after playing in roomtours don't hesitate to post here!

Hello So I made a REALLY nice HO team for sketch camo that I think can p much win against every team if played right. The only thing I think u may wanna change is koko set or use lele over koko (replace elecseed with psyseed on lucha if so). Its p simple and straight foward to use, but its HO so I mean you need some level of skill. Note: I am not saying team prefect as u can change a lot of stuff that might make better. But i am saying team has seen success and is proven to be good.

:ss/Terrakion:
9/10 times lead with terrakion and click scale shot if they have no priority or u know they arent scarf or u just if outspeed scarf. If they lead defogger get up rocks then scale shot if ur slower. If your faster just sd up so force them to attack u and likely keep rocks up. U can also run taunt over SD to completely stop defog, but I like SD because u can sweep some unprepped teams right of bat, or u can keep it for later to use like scale shot chomp. The only games u don't lead terrak if they have a counter lead or u see that it breaking has better value then rocks that game. Note that if u set up hail ur sash will be useless. Also u can change up stone edge for quake but stone edge hits steel flyings and quake hits steel fairies.

:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
Super simple veil setter with good speed and poor bulk is made up with amazing defensive typing. Settin up veil + parting shot makes ur next mon setting up really easy. u can replace with grimsnarl or run screens koko w/ another sweeper but i like this mon beacuse hail can often chip eminies into calc for u to kill off later.

:ss/Toxtricity:
Toxctricty is literally a goat that does surging strikes better then the OG. Very good mon and is nice for breaking past iron defense mons and sweeping with shift gear. With a shift gear u hit 498 speed, which means u are outspeed by more scarfers so u can opt for jolly which will tone down damage noticably, but let u outspeed scarf gengar speed teirs after shift gear. Drain punch is there for a little longevity but tbh can be switched with any good physcial move u like. Toxctricty is litterally a goat.

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 135-162 (33.7 - 40.5%) -- approx. 3HKO
252+ Atk Technician Toxtricity Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 174-207 (43.5 - 51.7%)-- approx. 2% chance to 2HKO

:ss/Volcarona:
Now for the most flexible mon. U can run fiery dance with stored power/ psychic earth power (which is current set so we dont egt 6-0ed by elec spam teams) u can run giga drain fiery, u can litterally run so many combinations that im not going to get into all of them but very self explanortaty mon its litterally volc. Choose its typing and coverage and sweep lol.

:ss/Tapu koko:
I made a post about koko earlier u can go find it, but it explains the set and stuff p easly. Unique typing lets set up oppturnitys every where and is set is u turn because it can use it to pivot in lucha, the teams primer sweeper. Not much to say.

:ss/Hawlucha:
Kick butt bad ass that sweeps 95% of teams when its sent out when its ripe. Ghost typing helps a lot against espeed and marshadow coverage is p insane. when u outspeed everything and have powerful stabs. and have an easy +2 in attack and are very hard to rk with veil and elec seed and ghost typing. Tbh ev spread is whatever ur feeling i just made it bulky with max attack and some speed because why not.

Threatlist:
:Blissey: :Quagsire: Stall. U can run something like specs lele over tapu koko to help with stall or mind blown NP zam over ninetales-a if u make koko dual screens. Just hard with current team.

I didnt add much to the list because Team is very flexible o beat wat u want and u can change a lot of sets to help more with somethings but know u will always have a weak side.

(I just Learnt how to do this. Clink mini-sprite for team)
:Toxtricity: :Ninetales-Alola: :Terrakion: :Volcarona: :Hawlucha: :Tapu Koko:

and thats the end :P (sorry for taking so much space in post)

:ss/landorus-therian: Precipice Blades will NOT be banned in STABmons Doubles! :ss/excadrill:
heatedgeidiot.png

For those who were unaware, Precipice Blades have recently been banned in regular STABmons. However, this ban will not be carried over to STABmons Doubles. In addition to its ban list running separately from its single counterpart, I shall list the reasoning behind it.
  • Its users aren't as strong as the banned Glacial Lance (Kyurem Black :Kyurem-Black: and Darmanitan-Galar :darmanitan-galar:, both of these are allowed in STABmons Doubles) and Astral Barrage (mostly Spectrier :spectrier:, who snowballs through Grim Neigh with it), by contrast, not many users have the ability to further boost its offensive pressure like the aforementioned users of the two banned moves. Even with Landorus-Therian (also not banned) who might want to go special for Oblivion Wing.
  • Precipice Blades has a shaky 85% accuracy which means it will sometimes miss its crucial target, and missing is a bigger deal in Doubles. Glacial Lance and Astral Barrage don't have that downside.
  • Also I don't want to use Earthquake because of Grassy Surge
As a result, I don't see why Precipice Blades should be restricted in STABmons Doubles. And hopefully, Glacial Lance will eventually be banned in regular STABmons as well

i love to play Unofficial Mashups

basically i like using the garbage pokemon. but if you give them good moves.......

:indeedee-f::clawitzer::pincurchin::swoobat::hitmonlee::sylveon:

Indeedee-F @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Psystrike
- Boomburst
- Mystical Fire / Trick

The only differences between Indeedee-F and Tapu Lele are their secondary STAB (Fairy for Lele, Normal for Indeedee) and 5 SpA. Other than that, Indeedee is better in every single way. It's faster, bulkier, and being immune to Ghost is arguably more valuable than being immune to Dragon. Terrain teams are incredibly potent and I imagine they'd be at the forefront of the meta.

Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Terrain Pulse
- Origin Pulse
- Flip Turn
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere

Terrain Pulse is very threatening tech that's useful to beat a few key threats, namely Jellicent, when Electric Terrain or Grassy Terrain is up. It's important to note Tapu Bulu receives +10 to all stats thanks to it being in UU, and also makes a great partner for Clawitzer. Besides that, Origin Pulse coming off 150 SpA backed up by Mega Launcher cleaves through most non-resists.

no fun allowed (Pincurchin) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD (EV spread could be better but who cares)
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Nuzzle
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch

Pincurchin has enormous stats compared to the tier-unboosted Tapu Koko, but its movepool is nothing to be desired. The good thing about it is that it can run Physical and Special sets to decent success, but I've decided to run Physical because its Atk is higher.

:bw/Swoobat:
Swoobat @ Electric Seed
Ability: Simple
EVs: 168 HP / 44 Def / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Oblivion Wing / Aeroblast
- Lunar Dance / Heat Wave

Inspired by Hawlucha, Swoobat is an amazing late-game cleaner that utilizes the extra stats amazingly well. Every terrain team needs Swoobat, period. I believe Swoobat will definitely be a staple of the meta, or at least, something to watch out for. STAB giving Swoobat the strong Flying STAB it needed with Aeroblast is the icing on the cake, also allowing it to break through Unaware walls if it gets a crit, but I prefer to run Oblivion Wing since it gives Swoobat very welcome longevity. Lunar Dance is great utility for the rest of the team in games where Swoobat is unlikely to do work, while Heat Wave slams Steel-types such as Pawniard who can somewhat comfortably live its Flying moves.

252 Atk Life Orb Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. +2 168 HP / 44 Def Swoobat: 148-174 (46.6 - 54.8%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 0 SpA Swoobat Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Pawniard: 374-442 (127.2 - 150.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:bw/Hitmonlee:
Hitmonlee @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- No Retreat

Did any of you know Hitmonlee has 80 SpDef? Yes? Okay...
The pool of Unburden abusers is quite low: Thievul, Liepard (both with a stronger Dark STAB in Fiery Wrath), Slurpuff (which gets nothing new with Geomancy banned), Drifblim (which gets good Flying STAB now, but would likely prefer Flare Boost), Accelgor (who doesn't need it), and Sceptile (not good). Hitmonlee sports No Retreat, which puts it over the other Unburden users, but unfortunately its movepool is horrible. No Taunt means any Haze mon can abuse your inability to switch out, and Stone Edge is unreliable. Well, it's kinda decent.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

I previously ran... Assault Vest Audino... but then I realized how good Sylveon really was thanks to powercreep pushing it to NU. All the Eeveelutions are incredibly dangerous thanks to all of them being RU/NU and sporting all Normal-type moves. Sylveon runs a full-Normal set, tanking any and all (Special) hits directed at it while also spinning, healing and SCREAMING.

anyway, i thought i should go over some mons i believe are quite Good and Noteworthy.

:umbreon::vaporeon:
I am SO glad Tier Shift doesn't boost HP anymore, can you imagine dealing with 160 HP Vaporeon?
But anyway, these two gain a lot of new moves in Glare, Soft-Boiled, Flip Turn, Obstruct, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, Whirlwind, Encore, etcetera.

:rotom::rotom-heat::rotom-wash::rotom-mow::rotom-frost::rotom-fan:
Rotom forms (most notably Mow and Frost) have seven typings to choose STABs from, plus great stats across the board (besides middling HP, that is). Recovery in Roost and Strength Sap and access to stronger moves such as Steam Eruption, Oblivion Wing and Thunder Cage make Rotom a very threatening Pokémon.

:chansey:
Sure, it can't run Eviolite, but it's not too far behind Blissey, packing 10 Def over its evolution.

:ninetales::politoed::gigalith::vanilluxe::aurorus::abomasnow:
Weather seems to be a great playstyle, although Damp and Heat Rock are banned. All weather setters can hold their own (except for Snow Warning users), and weather abusers are very notably buffed.

:pincurchin::indeedee-f::tapu-bulu::weezing-galar:
Terrain is also a great playstyle, and abusers such as Swoobat, Hitmonlee and Clawitzer can be used under any terrain. More specific abusers like Alolan Raichu can be incredibly dangerous to play against as well.

:audino:
i will take any opportunity to use audino

gotta love. uhh. Other Metas Mashups!

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Recently, I've been feeling dissatisfied with TSAAA, and I'm trying to figure out what can make it more enticing to play again. So far, I think I've identified two problematic elements within the metagame.

:vileplume: Vileplume: Gosh this thing is annoying. Tier Shift gives Vileplume some excellent bulk and a solid 140 base SpAtk, which still hits hard uninvested. Vileplume's average HP of 75 is much less of a disadvantage in this format, as Strength Sap allows it to heal absurd amounts off of nearly any Pokemon, as even special attackers will give Vileplume a hearty chunk of HP back thanks to their boosted Attack. My problem with Vileplume (a problem shared amongst other members of the community), is that it is able to defeat nearly any physical attacker unable to OHKO it. Prankster Vileplume is by far its best set, as Strength Sap and Sleep Powder are much more dangerous when Vileplume can move first. Sleep Powder is especially hard to play around, as Vileplume can temporarily remove (or often just permanantly remove) a Pokemon from the opposing team. Playing around Vileplume is incredibly difficult, as Plume has the afformentioned options as well as a surprisingly powerful and disruptive Sludge Bomb.

As a result of these qualities, adequately preparing for Vileplume is very difficult. Talonflame is perhaps the best offensive answer to it, as it does not mind getting Poisoned from Sludge Bomb; however Talonflame is still rendered useless by Sleep. Many defensive Pokemon that utilize Magic Bounce (Gastrodon and Palossand, for example) do not like getting poisoned by Sludge Bomb, even if they can force Vileplume out. Magic Bounce Steel Types are the only effective hard counter to Vileplume, however this prevents most Steels in the format from running other crucial abilities like Regenerator, which are needed to check other offensive threats multiple times.

:silvally: Regenerator: Recently, in many formats, Regenerator has been drawing quite a lot of criticism for how it can drag out games and how it rewards mindless pivoting. Anything that can be said about Regenerator in AAA or STAAAB can also be said about Regenerator in TSAAA, to a much higher degree. Much like Poison Heal before it, Regenerator rewards bulky Pokemon without recovery for doing something they would be doing anyway. Regenerator Pivots are especially potent in TSAAA, as the extra bulk from Tier Shift makes eating hits easier, and the pivots (most prominently Silvally formes) can simply switch out into an offensive threat. The existence of Regenvest Silvally invalidates a lot of special attackers in the format, and the best special attackers are the ones with either Ground coverage for Electric and Steel Silvally, or attackers like Kadabra that can hit them on the physical side. Overall, I think Regenerator is centralizing, and that TSAAA would be better off with Regenerator being banned.

I still think TSAAA is fun and playable. However, I think many of the issues that other players have had with the current metagame would be solved if action was taken on Vileplume and Regenerator. In the case that banning these things causes other things to become broken (cough NOIVERN cough), I believe that TSAAA would still be healthier with those things gone too.

STABmons N Mega Announcement

Hey everyone! We have a quick announcement about an oldie but a goodie in OMM! STAB N Mega is going to be led by a new council. Thank you to Catalystic, Chazm, and Andyboy for their contributions to the meta! The new council will consist of myself, Eggs McGee, and youngsterjoeyv69!

If you’d like to join council, please contact us on Showdown or Discord and let us know why! Thank you all!

The new mashups spotlight is STAB N Mega!

This will run from May 24th to June 7th!

Tours can be set with ?starttour Spotlight

Be sure to build and enjoy the spotlight!
Feel free to share your teams and thoughts on this mashup in the thread. It will greatly help new council.

Also, please feel free share any potential spotlights you would like to see in the future!

Tournament.png
winner.png

I won a small but fun tournament with some fun stuff between all my opponents, I don't show this to brag, just showing that tournaments do happen and they are fun, high recommendation from me. I am going to show you a replay from the finals, and the team i used

:Landorus: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Kyurem: :Pheromosa: :Corviknight: :Arcanine:

If you have seen me post before, i talked about the first 2 sets here. I noticed how unexpected Drought Weather Ball Landorus is and can lure in steels not named Venusaurite Corviknight but its unique because its still fun and effective. Urshifu RS has so many mons that wall it but against a weakened team + Webs, it can put a clinic. Aqua Jet is an odd but good eye catcher since most priority is Ate Speed, tho Urshifu is weak to all forms other than Refrigerate, Remove those Ate speed users then Urshifu can break some holes. The Kyurem slot is expendable, it used to have Glacial Lance, last minute i changed to Icicle Spear but i might change to Icicle Crash since Lance got banned, but hey DD Lucarionite Kyurem is fun.Pheromosa is the fastest web setter that isn't the piss weak Ninjask. See if you use Ninjask, its obviously webs, with Pheromosa, who is flexible, the added dark typing and Mold Breaker, guarantees webs if they don't lead with an Ate Speed user, its rare to lead off with them from the battles ive done. Corviknight is a necessary evil if i don't want to lose to Dragonite, which is hate so much. Arcanine with Fire Lash can break its switch ins weakening them. The guarantee lowered defenses ensure its checks struggle to switch in safely. Below will be a fun Finals match from the tournament, you can see the Landorus effectively baiting the Ferrothorn to stay in, not knowing a fire move would hit it. Check it out

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1347450683

Thank you for reading and play some Stab N' Mega, imo the best meta and #2 OM Mashup. play the spotlight before it ends

Eggs

STABmons Mix and Mega Updates:

Hi everyone! I've managed to infiltrate another council once again, and I'm here with a few announcements! First, the STABnMega council would like to welcome WMAR to our ranks! They've contributed a lot to the format, and we're glad to have them join us in time for the revamp. Next, we have the first stage in our efforts to revitalize STABnMega:

Dragonite and Tapu Koko have been Restricted in STABnMega!

:dragonite: Our former S rank and tier mascot has finally been restricted! Dragonite's high stats, access to Extremespeed, combined with a great pre-mega ability in Multiscale all make it very difficult to handle in the metagame. Both Altarianite and Pinsirite are excellent options on Dragonite, who abuses Pixilate and Aerilate better than any other Pokemon in the format. At the moment, Dragonite checks are mandatory on functional teams, and losing your check often results in your team being torn apart by STAB -ate boosted Extremespeeds. Excellent coverage in Earthquake and Fire Punch makes Dragonite even harder to wall, as Steel types without Levitate or Thick Fat fail to check Dragonite. All of this is rounded out by reliable recovery in Roost, and a good setup option in Dragon Dance. Because the metagame lacks sufficient ways to deal with Dragonite, it is now restricted.

:tapu koko: Tapu Koko is a dangerous threat in STABnMega. Koko is the second fastest Pokemon in the format, and one of the most dangerous. Thanks to STABmons, Koko has newfound access to good STAB moves to abuse with a variety of mega stones, making it an unpredictable threat that is very hard to check. Physical sets make great use of Bolt Strike, Play Rough, and Koko's high base speed, allowing it to act as a great revenge killer and wallbreaker. Special sets often make use of Lucarionite or Absolite, and can pick between the devastatingly powerful Fleur Cannon and the more reliable Moonblast. These sets are very hard to check, as Tapu Koko's excellent STABs and coverage options can shred through checks like Magearna and Swampert. As a result, Tapu Koko is now restricted.

We're hoping these restrictions will open up more options for teams, as Dragonite and Tapu Koko were notoriously difficult to check. I expect to see quite a few Pokemon weak to Fairy, previously held back by Dragonite and Koko's presence, to become much more viable, and as well as more offensive Ground-type Pokemon that no longer need to be able to tank coverage moves from Koko.

That's all for our announcements today! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy STABnMega!

First, I got an announcement regarding AAA Doubles. Congratulations to LTG for joining the council! I also apologize for not announcing it earlier because I can't find the right time to do so.

Secondly, I decided to not get obsessed with Doubles Mashups for once and instead decide to talk about Generation 7 STAAABmons instead! For reference's sake, here's the banlist for Gen 7 STAAAB.
Banlist:
Pokemon:
Archeops, Blacephalon, Dragonite, Hoopa-Unbound, Kartana, Keldeo, Komala, Kyurem-Black, Regigigas, Shedinja, Silvally, Slaking, Tapu Koko, Terrakion, Thundurus

Items: Aerodactylite, King's Rock, Razor Fang
Restricted Abilities: Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard
Restricted moves: Acupressure, Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Thousand Arrows
:ss/metagross-mega:
Mega Metagross
Yup, you heard it right, Mega Metagross is allowed in Gen 7 STAAAB because it was unbanned from the AAA portion. In addition to what Mega Metagross already does, the biggest issue lies with its Heavy Slam, not only it's usually 120 Power on most targets by virtue of being one of the heaviest Pokemon, but it's also further boosted by Tough Claws, making it stronger than a super-effective Earthquake. Here's a comparison of these two moves against Magearna.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 246-289 (67.7 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Metagross-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 210-248 (57.8 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This also means that Levitate will not help against Mega Metagross unless you happen to resists Steel-type. Furthermore, Metagross can have Download to potentially get an Attack boost to allow Mega Metagross to hit harder until it switches out. As a result, I have decided to unofficially ban Mega Metagross, and I would like to have it officially banned due to how overwhelming it can be with Heavy Slam alone.

:ss/kommo-o:
Kommonium-Z
From my experience, Kommo-o pretty much ends the game once it gets the chance to unleashed Clangorous Soulblaze, having either Soul-Heart or Beast Boost for further snowballing. While it seems to be balanced by its less than stellar 85 speed, this is where the STABmons portion comes to play with Sticky Web since there are more viable users of it such as Drapion and Genesect, allowing Kommo-o to outspeed that it otherwise can't without Sticky Web and proceed to wreak havoc with Clangorous Soulblaze. That said, I don't think Kommonium-Z should be the main priority on the banhammer compared to Mega Metagross, but it's definitely something to be considered.

Other stuff that might worth looking upon is Tinted Lens and V-create. Wish I could say Magearna because it's the source of all evil, but Magearna has bribed me so I should instead say Magearna is totally balanced and don't tell anyone it has bribed me.

With the recent ban of dragonite and tapu koko many more mons are gonna be better in viability, so here are some that in my opinion deserve more attention along with some that i think may drop in usage

Increase in usage:
:spectrier: This mon was already great even when dragonite was around but now with dragonite gone it doesnt have to worry about altarianite espeed as much as it had to, despite the fact that gyaradosite doesnt give any speed its natural speed lets it outspeed threats such as aerodactylite urshifu, lucarionite keldeo, lucarionite blacephalon, lucarionite garchomp and lukite/aerodactylite landorus incarnate. It's main walls are tyranitar and blissey but spectrier can run altite and nuke with hyper beam whilst for blissey gyaradosite taunt/just sub on any of the stones makes it set up fodder.

:urshifu-rapid-strike: With the dragonite ban this mon is going to be a great mon to use, dragonite hard walled it with both of its stabs and it needing to sacrifice one of its moves for poison jab just to deal with it and thats only for altite + dragonite revenge killed it easily but now it doesnt have to worry about it much. It has a good speed tier, with metagrossite it outspeeds spectrier lukite landorus and lukite keldeo. It's walled by toxapex but it can run zen headbutt to deal with it and essentially have little to no switchins along with having access to u turn so if wanted you could run a no retreat set aswell.

:corviknight: This was already one of the best mons in the tier, hard walling gchomp landorus kyurem(if you're running venusaurite aka its most common stone) and dnite but koko was always an issue for it. With the koko ban i think its usage will rise even if the most important mon it walled got banned.

Decrease in viability:
:solgaleo: yea this things main niche was that it was a dragonite wall that could also deal damage to it but with that gone it doesnt really have a niche except for walling gchomp/landorus which corv just does better. Corv also has better recovery move and hazard removal which just makes this thing even worse. The only niche that can work for this thing now is either metagrossite(it doesnt even learn dragon dance) or teleport future sight/doom desire.

:swampert: while it wont become a bad mon by any means its main use was hard walling koko(if it were the standard set but it also learns grass knot so). It can stilll be a good mon though, getting access to shore up and being a great rocks setter + access to flip turn letting it switch in teammates safely. It can also deal with the new top dogs for espeed now, entei and arcanine but overall i think something like pex does it better as swampert would only be able to click flip turn against them if they were pinsirite making it essentially set up fodder

so yeah those were some thoughts for snm, we're planning to hopefully upload updated resources and all to fit the meta better so ye

I apologize for the delay on this - there were some unforeseen irl circumstances particularly, getting in a not-so-great car accident, that threw things off-kilter, but the new Spotlight has been decided!

Get ready for....
:blacephalon: :heatran: Bonus Type AAA! :garchomp: :bisharp:

Combining our OMotM with everyone's favorite permanent OM, we have BTAAA! Please stop by the OMM room to try it out!

Tons of really unexpected new stars have come to the surface, and if you've ever wanted to try out an OMM from its birth, this is a great opportunity!

Anyone using Dragon Corviknight will be prosecuted.

Have fun and we look forward to seeing you!

Eggs

Hi Everyone, Eggs here with another post about STABmons Mix and Mega!

First off, we have Updated Sample Teams!

:runerigus: :zeraora: :tapu bulu: :slowking-galar: :corviknight: :entei: Runerigus + Zeraora Bulky Offence by Eggs McGee

:toxapex: :lunala: :tyranitar: :corviknight: :zygarde-complete: :blissey: CM Lunala Stall by fabwooloo

:lunala: :zapdos-galar: :kartana: :blacephalon: :magearna: :darmanitan-galar:Futureport Lunala + Aerodactylite Gapdos by Wmar

:primarina: :eternatus: :celesteela: :rotom-wash: :runerigus: :virizion: Scizorina + Eternatus Balance by Eggs McGee

:ninjask: :regieleki: :spectrier: :lunala: :tapu lele: :pheromosa: Webs + Spikes Hyper Offence by fabwooloo

:zygarde-complete: :zamazenta: :indeedee: :toxapex: :corviknight: :clefable: No Retreat Zamazenta Bulky Offence by Wmar
:spectrier: :garchomp: :blissey: :solgaleo: :toxapex: :regieleki: Old Town Road Balance by fabwooloo

Next, I'd like to discuss several things that are on the council's watchlist:

:spectrier: The Broken Horse™ is once again the star of some mashup controversy! Spectrier can use a variety of sets to great effect, and is one of the most dangerous sweepers in the format. Access to Nasty Plot and Moongeist Beam makes it very dangerous, and it can use different sets and Mega Stones to deal with different checks and counters. Lucarionite and Gyaradosite are the most common sets, as Lucarionite is VERY scary and blows up any wall without a Ghost resist, and Gyaradosite grants secondary STAB in Dark Pulse as well as Mold Breaker Taunt, which lets it beat Sablenite Blissey. Altarianite is also worth mentioning, as it demolishes Mandibuzz and Tyranitar, who are the only Pokemon aside from Blissey capable of repeatedly switching in to Spectrier.

TLDR; Horse does Horse things. Reliable checks are limited to Blissey, Mandibuzz, and Tyranitar, all of which can be beaten by different sets.
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike has proven itself to be quite the threat in SnM. It's a dangerous physical attacker with a great dual STAB combination, and is capable of running multiple sets quite effectively. The most common stone at the moment is Scizorite, which gives Surging Strikes and Storm throw an effective 169 and 135 base power, respectively, while also giving a decent boost to Watershifu's bulk and speed. Other options include Metagrossite, Lucarionite, Aerodactylite, and Swampertite, all of which boosts power and speed quite effectively. Urshifu has a variety of options to shore up its moveset, with coverage in Thunder Punch, setup in Bulk Up and No Retreat, priority in Aqua Jet and Mach Punch, and pivot moves in U-turn and Flip Turn. Watershifu hits pretty hard, and switch-ins are often required to resist both STAB moves, or else they face taking heavy damage from it. Watershifu is fortunately checked well by Banettite Toxapex, who is one of the best and most common Pokemon in the metagame, and is also vulnerable to being revenge killed by Flying and Fairy -ated Extremespeeds.

TLDR; Watershifu has very good STAB options and is very dangerous
:groudon: Precipice Blades is an incredibly powerful STAB move with an 85% chance to have no drawbacks, giving Ground-Type Pokemon a very powerful STAB option. Ground types are further spoiled by STABmons, gaining Shore Up and Spikes too. Ground types are very strong and very prominent in SnM, and powerful offensive threats like Garchomp and Landoruss-I are enabled by Precipice Blades to become much more threatening. While a 20% boost in power might not seem that significant, it turns many 3HKOs into 2HKOs, and helps these Pokemon score OHKOs while sweeping.

TLDR; Ground types stronk
:sableye-mega: Sablenite has long been established as one of the best mega stones in MnM formats. An incredible +50 boost to both defenses means it gives the highest buff to Special Defense among all stones, and it's tied for the second best buff to defense with Aggronite and Salamencite. This is further compounded by Magic Bounce, which is one of the best defensive abilities in the game. Sablenite is often by far the best option for defensive Pokemon like Corviknight and Blissey, and is even a great option on tanky setup sweepers like Cresselia and Slowking-Galar. Sablenite is nearly omnipresent, as the combination of Magic Bounce and the large buff to defenses allow users to avoid things like Toxic and Taunt, which are two of the best ways to deal with defensive Pokemon, while also becoming much bulkier (and harder to break through) than before. Stones like Gyaradosite and Ampharosite see usage on Pokemon that would much rather use other stones (Heatran, Buzzwole, and Blissey are prominent examples) solely because Sablenite is so common, even though the added Dark and Dragon typings often become liabilities in a meta infested with Altarianite Extremespeed users. To further elaborate on this, Magic Bounce is the only relevant ability Mold Breaker stone users hope to break through by running those stones, and Sablenite is far more common than the other two stones with it, both of which are limited to offensive Pokemon.

As to why I'm making this argument in STABnMega instead of Mix and Mega, STABmons is very kind to defensive Pokemon. All Normal, Ground, Fairy, Grass, and Flying Pokemon gain access to reliable recovery, making them far more effective users of Sablenite. While offensive Pokemon do receive upgraded STAB options as well, Mix and Mega's centralization around Mega Stones as items makes this change much less dangerous to defensive Pokemon, as they are (usually) no longer in danger of being broken through by a powerful Choiced wallbreaker. All of these traits make defensive Pokemon, and by extension Sablenite, better in SnM.

TLDR; Sablenite's combination of massive defensive buffs and Magic Bounce make it overcentralizing and makes its defensive users much harder to deal with.

The council plans on revisiting these after a bit more metagame development. Until then, enjoy STABmons Mix and Mega!

Last edited:
:sm/Kartana: How to use Kartana in STABmons Doubles

Well, it's sort of simple. I noticed that a lot of players have a Steel-type attack on Kartana, but unless it's Steel Roller to remove terrain, Sacred Sword is typically more preferred since it allows Kartana to hit Fire- and Steel-type. Kartana benefits from Grass-type moves from STABmons more since it gives access to Grav Apple and Power Whip as well as Sleep Powder for utility. All its sets are listed on Pokepaste below.

https://pokepast.es/e4ba77208ea92fc1

:blissey: STAB N MEGA ANNOUNCEMENT:entei:
After seeing some results in room tournaments and some discussion we have decided to restrict the following pokemon and moves:

Restrictions:

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
Urshifu rapid strike has been an excellent mon in snm for a long while now. The reason of its restriction now is due to the restrictionss of tapu koko and dragonite, its two best revenge killers. It can be very limiting for a team with few switchins, due to this a good majority of balance or stall teams are forced to run toxapex which by no means is a bad mon, it is one of the best mon in SNM but a mon that can basically autowin if you do not have a mon from a small list of switchins is not healthy for any metagame, and it is not like toxapex is a safe switchin due to urshifu's access to zen headbutt which also allows it to beat eternatus aswell. It can also be an excellent wincon in rain, swampertite making up for its speed, which while excellent does leave it open to revenge killing from the likes of mons like pheromosa or zeraora. Rain puts even more of a strain on teambuilding as toxapex is 2 hit ko'ed from 63 and below:

252+ Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Swampertite Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex @ Banettite in Rain on a critical hit: 96-114 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- approx. 84.5% chance to 3HKO

Due to the strain of teambuilding and its potential to autowin lategame, urshifu rapid strike has been restricted in stab and mega.

:ss/spectrier:
Spectrier
Spectrier has been one of the best pokemon in SNM ever since its release, with an excellent base special attack of 145 and a base speed of 130 without any mega stones. With the restriction of dragonite and tapu koko, its two best revenge killers spectrier has become arguably the best late game sweeper or wall breaker mon in snm. With its natural speed, you can run gyaradosite to bait blissey with taunt and get stab with dark pulse. With access to set up moves like nasty plot and calm mind this mon can clean up games at any point. With lucarionite, it outspeeds the likes of lucarionite landorus incarnate and metagrossite Urshifu. It can even be ev'd to live an adamant altarianite and pinsirite extreme speed from the likes of entei and arcanine. The main reasoning for spectrier being restricted now though is due to it having no proper counter. Blissey would need to run shadow ball or else substitute or taunt makes it set up fodder for spectrier and dark types seem like an obvious switch in until it reveals altarianite and nukes with hyper beam. It can even run banettite to cheese the opponent with prankster destiny. Due to all of these excellent sets, excellent stats and its lack of any proper counter, spectrier is now restricted in stab and mega.

:ss/groudon:
Precipice Blades
When precipice blades was initially banned it was not seen as a threat due to its abusers being balanced out by corviknight and dragonite but following the restriction of dragonite, the abusers for these moves have become excellent wincons. While corviknight can switch into them most of the time, due to them getting access to shore up for recovery it essentially becomes set up fodder. Precipice blades has many excellent abusers, some examples being garchomp, landorus incarnate, excadrill and rhyperior. The mon that tipped the edge for precipice blades though was garchomp, with stab it now has access to dragon dance, and with the ban of dragonite which otherwise dealt with it easily garchomp is one of the most dangerous late game sweepers in the meta. With a power of 120, and having no drawbacks except for the chance to miss, this move is essentially a ground astral barrage or ground glacial lance which makes it extremely abusable. Due to all of these factors, precipice blades has been restricted.

With these restrictions we've also decided to try unrestricting a mon to see if it is healthy for the metagame now:
Unrestricted:

:ss/mamoswine:
Mamoswine
Mamoswine was restricted a while back due to its overwhelming power, with access to precipice blades and glacial lance, two excellent stab moves, it essentially had no switch ins except for venusaurite corviknight, which could not do much due to mamoswines great hp stat and it getting access to shore up. It filled many rolls, be it a suicide hazard lead with stealth rock and spikes or a wall breaker with lucarionite glacial lance and precipice blades. Our reasoning for the freeing of mamoswine is that with the restriction of glacial lance and precipice blades it can be dealt with due to its lack of power that allowed it to 2hko most of the other metagame , along with venusaurite corviknight and latiasite/latiosite steels being extremely common in this. The council has decided to unrestrict Mamoswine due to the banning of both glacial lance and precipice blades making mamoswine a mon that can be dealt with for this meta.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)