Tournament OM Snake Draft - FINALS [Won by The Crabominable Snowmen]

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately that loss means we're out of the tour, but that's alright. This is the first team tour I've been in in a long time and the first time I was managing anything on a smogon-scale, but this has been an awesome experience. I'm gonna do shoutouts, but I first just wanna say that I appreciate The Immortal for giving myself and ZU in general this opportunity.

Shoutouts are gonna be in alphabetical order
Arifeen Sure, you weren't very active but you were there when you were needed and I appreciate that. You only played a single game but you won that one so that was cool. Thanks for being there man.

Chloe We didn't talk a lot unfortunately but I did enjoy seeing the teams you cooked up for Camomons. You weren't exactly a fortunate player but that didn't really matter, you enjoyed the tier you played and were a good presence.

Eien The last time we actually talked before this tour was when I was still active in GP Discord months ago, so it was nice to meet up with you again. I don't play Tier Shift but it was cool to see you use the Pokemon I use so much in ZU and I tried to help out where I could, though it wasn't much. Looking forward to playing with or against you again in future tours.

EternalSnowman You were super active and I appreciate that. Outside of being the goat in Sketchmons, you were actively helping out in other metas as well, most notably Partners in Crime, and it was nice to see that. Hopefully we'll meet again someday.

Finchinator It was an awesome experience to play and build ZU with you man, like really cool. I am incredibly happy that we picked you up r1 because your enthusiasm for the tier was not something I expected but was very, very welcome. A 3-2 record does not, in my opinion, reflect how good and active you were in this tier but it was absolutely worthwile. I hope you'll stick around and see how far you can get in the Fall Seasonal. Thank you so much.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) You had an unfortunate season with lots of things barely not going in your favor, but I don't see any reason to hold it against you. It was clear that you were giving it everything you had and it just didn't wanna work out. When you felt burnt out you were ready to let someone else take over and I see that as a very positive quality. Don't let luck get the best of you and I'll see you some other time. oh and change your name

LightPinkYoshi Despite both of us having been prominent ZU players for a while, we hadn't actually worked together much until now, but I'm definitely glad we did. I knew you were one of ZU's best players but to my surprise, you were not only very good at supporting, you genuinely enjoyed it. We talked a few times but having you play a game but you said you preferred being on the sidelines and that was cool to see. The ideas we came up with together were nice and it's unfortunate this tour only lasted 5 weeks because I'd love to have worked together for longer. Good luck in Seasonal and see you in finals.

Trace Sorry that you didn't end up playing a game my friend, if we had not had a chance at playoffs until the very end I'd have put you in. Hope to see you again.

Quantum Tesseract Thanks for managing with me! When TI first approached me about managing I was concerned a lack of knowledge on the metas other than ZU would be an issue but you came through. We got a bunch of fun players together and I think it worked out despite not making finals. We'll do this again sometime, I'm sure.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
So our team is out, and it was a very poor performance on my part. But I'd like to say that Camomons is honestly such a great tier that deserves more love. I'm honestly excited that a couple more people took it seriously and found out how fun the tier is to play and build. It inspires tons of creativity and challenges you to make completely different teams.

Tangent over, good luck to those of you playing for the #1 spot

Since this is the last week of snake, I wanna share things I learned so far
1. Camomons is hard and requires as much experiment in team building as things like Inheritance
2. I’m still ashamed in my plays. Too safe and conservative, though I realized that lately
3. Wall breaking and conserving your Wallbreakers is the key to win Camomons. I don’t believe camomons is a Stall meta because you got so much excellent wallbreakers in the meta.
4. Thank you for all of the people who are willing to play me and patiently waiting for me. My team didn’t win but I’ve been learning tons of things so far. Hopefully there is more OM Snake Draft like this again
5. Probably should be in Camomons thread but whatever. Mega Latias is disgusting. Fast, hits hard and tough to break. Most of the Wallbreakers are slower than mega latias so they must get hit first if they want to beat mega Latias. It’s a wall but can sweep teams single handed lt. Think of Mega Venusaur in UU before ban.

hey just wanted to give some shoutouts:

We were closer than it looked - we missed playoffs on a HJK miss. You guys really did well and put effort in that made me happy I got all of you.

Jrdn Your record is not reflective of your many contributions to this team. Thanks for helping everybody out with building and testing. Try to not be so much of a regenvest slut in the future.

Kushalos You were a complete beast! I just expected a good tour player, and I got a great player who could build himself and win games. Hope to team with you sometime again for sure.

Pigeons Amazing dude. So happy I grabbed you. You managed to take this metagame and flip it on its head with cheese after cheese and constantly pump out wins. I know everybody knows you for your AG prowess but keep going in DOU! You have a lot of potential to make it out there.

The Cheesen One thanks for being there to always help Pigeons and playing week one. Really cool guy.

Andyboy PHILLY GANG. Thanks for always giving me your 100% best effort every week and pumping out win after win. I didn't know you very well before this and jrdn vouched for you so I went with it and I was definitely not disappointed. You played a difficult tier, and constantly stuck through. You're definitely the pick I'm most satisfied with.

Fardin Though people may disagree, I love working with you. Good teammate, good friend, and great player. Keep it up man.

HJAD sorry I didn't get to play you much with Kushalos always on a roll. You still got to play a game though and even though you got unlucky it was still great watching you. FORZA RHYDONIA?

Sage thanks for being the "testing bitch" of the team who came in to learn a new metagame and give me your best. You know you're a great friend and we'll team again in the future.

Diagnostic thanks for helping out with some of the ZU stuff on our team - power duo even though kush clearly handled himself. I know we were both busy but you're one of my closest friends and I'm happy to have had you.

Ransei i wonder where the guards are

(joke) anti shoutouts:
Betathunder man i love you irl but you didn't do a damn thing for this team. i dont think you talked at all in the discord besides offering hex colors for people's names

Was a fun time participating in this tour and picking up the diverse and exciting meta of Camomons. For those who are intrigued and want a different twist on an OU meta that encourages creativity and allows some fun pokemon to shine, give this meta a shot it's a good time. I hope it gets the opportunity to be in some other tours in the future.

S/o Jrdn for building every team I used, playing tons of games to break me into the meta and making prep easy was fun teaming with you again.

S/o DurzaOffTopic for leading our team and for wrapping up the season on encouraging an encouraging note.

Ty to the rest of our team for being cool and putting up some pretty good performances despite us missing the playoffs. Was fun watching Pigeons break PiC and Kushalos being amazing as always. Really nice tour hope we can do something like this again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)