Tournament OM Snake Draft - FINALS [Won by The Crabominable Snowmen]

It's that time in the tournament where every gets all emotional and gives heartfelt thanks to their fallen friends and allies so ig I will tag some people for the likes.

Players in order of drafting:

Megazard: Being 5th pick in the draft my hopes were not high of getting on of the top well rounded players and I fully expected you to be the 2nd or 3rd picked after Jrdn. However some questionable (and in retrospect possibly brilliant from the poliwags) early drafts meant you were unpicked and I couldn't believe the good fortune. I was expecting this to throw off the draft plan but once again I amazed myself with my own genius drafting and got Snaq + Chopin who I was looking to pick up early anyway. You helped a lot with the rest of the draft offering advice where needed which is always good. In the actual tour you handled Sketchmons almost single-handed (with some testing from others) as well as helping out in ZU and being a good all round presence for the team. Your 2-3 record really doesn't represent your quality as a player which is unfortunate for you and me both but everyone has bad tours and it really wasn't dreadful so don't be too hard on yourself.

Snaquaza: First an apology; looking back it was a dumb thing to do drafting only one player who knew anything about PiC, especially when I asked you before the tour you said you'd likely be busy. Even so, when I drafted you I had high hopes for you based on the opinions of basically the entire PiC playerbase as well as some replays and I was very keen to draft you given the few players with the experience for this slot. Those hopes were well founded and you came out with a really solid 3-1 record without any sort of support. I just hope my very rudimentary knowledge of the meta to discuss a bit as well as tests with other teams' players was enough to stop you getting too bored.

Chopin Alkaninoff: The first part of the Camomons dream duo. This was the second of the metas where there really weren't many players to pick from and I wanted someone with experience. You came out with a record of 1-1 but the games were close and I especially think you played well in the second one against Chloe. You also apparently know sketch which came in useful testing with MZ. I know you also said you would be busy but despite that you still put in a lot of effort into this, even some weeks you weren't playing.

Taskr: By this point we were lacking a ZU player and I really had no clue who was good or not so I turned to MZ's expert advice. He had a high opinion of you and your name had come up before the tour as an all round strong player when I was asking around so it seemed a good pick. First week in ZU didn't exactly go well and you said yourself you didn't like how you played it and the time we had to sub you into TS wasn't ideal but you had a pretty bad matchup with just a random team and like 12 hours notice so there wasn't really any big expectation to win that. After that though you picked up some really nice wins against Finch and 5gen so hopefully that makesup for w1 in your mind.

Hamhamhamham: Pretty much from the start of the draft, every time I had to pick I thought "ah ham is still there, nah I better get a player for X meta". But by the time it got to 5th pick and you were still there I knew you'd be a very good draft. You might have lacked the in depth knowledge of some other players but after seeing your winning performance in the OMGS as well as being with you on the Blisseys for OMPL I knew you'd be an excellent choice to have a strong player who could adapt to any of the metas here and come out on top (except the wack doubles one). Your record is slightly dragged down by the wailord choice in w5 when it no longer mattered at all and that very unfortunate TS battle where the hax came at a very bad time for our team, but that happens in mons all the time so it's no surprise. However beating fardin w1 and winning after you got subbed into camomons are both good and when I look through the discord you're just everywhere offering what advice and testing you can.

EviGaro: I gotta admit idt I'd ever heard of you before this but once again I trusted MZ's advice and it turned out very well. You only got to play twice unfortunately due to us having two very good ZU picks but you came out 2-0 with some very convincing wins as well as helping out on the other weeks. Nothing much more to say here, just a really good performance. Edit: apparently someone else suggested you but I forgot about it anyway lol

drampa's grandpa: The second member of the camomons crew. You had some unfortunate games and went 0-2 which is never nice. You helped out a lot with Camo on the other weeks and with sketch though and you're a really nice guy (despite being an honorary jackass). Shame you couldn't have picked up a game or two but I have no regrets drafting you, overall I think you were a big positive influence on the team.

Drud: You kinda died on us with net issues and irl stuff but you can't stop that kinda stuff from happening so don't worry about it. Shame you didn't get to play a bit more but it can't be helped. :shrug:

G-Luke thanks for letting some random guy manage with you and thanks The Immortal for bullying me until I agreed to do this, it was a lot of fun and I'm fairly happy with how everything went. Also thanks for hosting this and making sure it all went smoothly.

We got 3rd place guys! Bronze medal!!! It's unfortunate we couldn't be in the finals bc I think it would have been fun but everyone did their best which is what counts.

Thanks to all of you for participating and making this such a fun experience, I hope to see lots of you in the much rumoured OMWC even if we're can't all be on the same team (seriously though there's plenty of time to emigrate here, I can pick you up from the airport)

Good Luck to everyone in the finals, I hope there's lots of good games and it's really nice to see some less known OMs get serious play and see lots of new players getting involved who perhaps wouldn't consider it if there weren't things like ZU and TS here.

a little late to the party but go poliwags!

(huge apologies to team for signing up and not un-signing up or showing up...that's all on me...glad to see yall are killing it tho)

1538884751599.png

1538884767765.png
1538884787172.png
1538884800488.png

____________________^manager 1__________________^manager 2______________________________^me____________________

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks obii Leru Paleo jasprose RawMelon and Wyn for constantly pulling wins out every week. thanks aesf for chipping in as much as you could and telling me your plan start of season. thanks Catalystic MAMP for drafting me. some other shoutouts go to the camo people in the tour, i can't list everyone but you all made for some fun games to watch and stuff. Andyboy In The Hills Chazm thanks for pitching in to help me outside of the tour whenever you all could. youre all cool. the initial version of this post had smth about how the games i played went and how i felt about em but i dont wanna leave the tour on a salty note so i won't comment.

gratz crabs, see y'all during the heavily-teased-yet-the-not-officially-announced-even-though-it-is-basically-confirmed om world cup (omwc!)

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny

I'll do a quick S/O since its like 5:30 am here. It was quite an experience being a manager for the first time, we started out as dark horses of the tour with plenty of people predicting us to go poof, but well me and TheCoastsOfToast had a clear mindset of how we wanted the team once we were selected to be last, i was of firm opinion that outside of select 3-4 players participating, people just havent explored the metas enough and so the goal was to get a set of adaptable players and here we are 6 weeks later :mehowth:.

• TheCoastsOfToast : My Partner in Crime, since I vowed to keep it short, but you have been amazing this tour, always staying a super happy, and well a bit horny presence in the discord and not to say being someone who stays calm and happy even at stressful situations. Thank you for this, I am glad it turned out so well and wish we bring back the crabs again next year. :blobthumbsup:
  • Highlord : I have personally watched your progress from week 1, where you were a bit unsure to the later weeks, where you literally became independent and ruled over your games like a Lord, which just proves my point of you being so adaptable to a new unexplored meta and well 6-0 is just the Icing on the cake. WHAT A GOAT!!
  • skysolo14 : Hehe, another boss, doing the typical skysolo things, subbing in getting wins out of nowhere. One of the most solid buys of the team.
  • Terracotta : Man your confidence is infectious, be that way way and dont listen to anyone. Just keep building heat, now we have been in 2 winning teams :D.
  • czim : Man I know you were disappointed in your record, but you have been a really important part of our team, even in the weeks you were not playing, other than being a really fun presence in the discord. :)
  • tzop : Man I just love the way you type following everything with a smiley. Other than that you have been one of the best members of the team helping everyone out, and I am sorry I couldnt play you more in later parts of the tour.
  • Zesty43 : I know you had a lot on your plate through out this tour, but thank you for still giving it your all whenever the team asked for, I think you were underplayed but certainly not undervalued. Keep winning man.
  • Akumeoy : I think your record does a lot of injustice to the effort you put in as a solo PIC player on our team, trying out ideas after ideas the whole tour, and thats more than what any manager could ask. I really hope you finish with an even record bc you deserve it so much.
  • Akashi : Other than scheduling issues :blobglare:, it was very nice to have you on the team man, I knew beforehand how experienced you were in TS, so it was a bonus for us to get you, and that showed since you independently did soooo well.

Other than all this, it was a very fun experience guys, and not to take away anything from poliwags who did incredibly well, keep partying guys. I hope we get to bring back the crabs next year.

Edit : :blobglare: Now its complete

Shoutout time :D

Sylveon. and TheCoastsOfToast - I wasnt really sure for which team to try out to but damn, I'm really glad I tried for the crabs. I couldn't have asked for a nicer manager pair. You were supportive in pretty much every tier and you always knew how to cheer us up when we lost. I really appreciate that you drafted me and gave me a chance on this. I know my record wasn't great but still, it was a really fun experience that made me get even more into ZU. We wouldn't have won without you guys, be proud!
Highlord - 6-0 king I can't even say anything else, you carried us!
Terracotta - Most cheerful and friendly guy in the team, I'm really thankful that we played this tour together man, your presence in the chat was really the best one
Akumeoy - Partners in Crime king, you really tried your best here and we all know how hard you prepared your teams in a tier where you didnt have much support. Win the final match for us! It was really fun to be on your team!
skysolo14 - The ZU king of the team, it was really nice to see you stepping up and kicking Rawmelon's butt twice :D. You were a very good team player!
tzop - Like terra, you were one of the most energetic and friendly people in the chat, it was really fun to be on your team man, you also stepped in and did a very good job as an emergency sub!
Akashi and Zesty43 - We didn't really talk much but you guys really did the best you could to help the team and I know we wouldn't have made it without you!
Also i wanna give some shoutouts to a few friends in the ZU room that really helped test some teams when i needed, so thank you Jmash324, a fruitshop owner, LightPinkYoshi, BloodAce0107 and sorry if i forgot someone!

GO CRABS!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-420199 Won a gg in 5, a splendid way to cap off the tournament. My teammates have done ample shout-outs to each other so I'm gonna shout-out my opponents! Mark_K Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (sorry dude) jasprose Snaquaza Pigeons Thank you all for putting me to the test and giving me a chance to play this awesome meta at a high level! Hope to see y'all around for the next tour, assuming there's a meta in it I wanna play.

P.S. YEAR OF THE CRAB, BABY

It was an absolute pleasure for me to be a co-manager for the incredible Crabominable Snowmen. I am so thankful Sylveon. asked me to join him in this endeavor, and I am so so proud of my wonderful team for working hard and succeeding so well. I am genuinely impressed by the level of playing, creativity, and camaraderie that you all exhibited! I will be doing my shoutouts as limericks.

Sylveon. There once was a boy named Geerat
Whom all the girls would leer at
His managing skill
Is truly a thrill
And his battling is nothing to sneer at

czim There once was a boy named Czim
Only good ZU teams could please him
He cooked them up quick
And his battles were sick
Gosh I just wanna squeeze him

Highlord There once was a boy named Highlord
A pleasure to have on Discord
He went undefeated
And truly succeeded
He should know that he is adored

Zesty43 There once was a boy named xZesty
So pleasant and never too testy
A player supreme
Making me scream
Now I have me a new bestie

Akumeoy There once was a boy named Aku
Who was always so fun to talk to
His teams were exciting
His memes were inviting
And in PiC, boy he could rock you

tzop :D There once was a boy named Tzop
A positive presence nonstop
Although he's real kind
He's real fierce, you'll find
And he sure ain't afraid to say "bop"

skysolo14 There once was a boy named skysolo
Who looked real fly in a polo
He helped all around
His games, they were sound
Choose just one meta? Nah, YOLO

Terracotta There once was a boy named terra
A regular OM chimera
His teams had such flair,
In which meta? Don't care
And he's so hot his eyes would cause para

Akashi There once was a boy named Akashi
Whose skills were so "Oh my gosh"-y
A bit introverted
But his wins asserted
In TS he ain't wishy-washy

Phew. Anyway thanks everyone for such a fun tournament. Hope to manage again some day :D

Edit: The Immortal There once was a boy named TI
Who hosted this real well, no lie
We appreciate
Letting us sub late
And everything else. Ok, bye

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)