Tournament OM Spotlight League - FINALS (TIEBREAKER) [Won by UwUrshifus]

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Week 2
Week 1

The list of formats for this year's Spotlight League is as follows:
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play one another for five weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 2 teams will appear in the finals and face off for victory.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager with the higher seed picking second. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!

Sportsmanship
Players and managers displaying poor sportsmanship will be subject to punishment, including potential removal from the tournament, at the discretion of the tour hosts. This includes:
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be considered a "dead game" and will not count towards either team's score.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Spotlight League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMSL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMSL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (in the hills). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Matchups
:stunky: Stinky Stunkys (Kris & emillight) [1][5] Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract & willdbeast) :dubwool:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - StitChuu vs Krytocon
SS Bonus Type - Links vs Akashi
SS Godly Gift - emillight vs UnnerfTalonflame
SS Inheritance - Roginald vs anaconja
SS Inverse - Fc vs PA
SS Sketchmons - WMAR vs ironwater

:basculin: Black Magic Basculegions (jasprose) [1][5] Sleepy Slowkings (Dr. Phd. BJ) :slowking:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Lancer Fr vs Vrji
SS Bonus Type - StaZix vs TTTech
SS Godly Gift - Flaming Deoxys vs Ren
SS Inheritance - I am prtty trash vs Heracross2.0
SS Inverse - Ax vs eu
SS Sketchmons - alaserdolphin vs XxSevagxX

:urshifu: UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) [4][1] Magearna Magi (Chazm) :magearna:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - papiloco vs Le Creme Brule
SS Bonus Type - 23Gz vs omicorio
SS Godly Gift - Trade vs pannuracotta
SS Inheritance - Don Vascus vs adem
SS Inverse - Mossy Sandwich vs OM
SS Sketchmons - berry vs Jrdn

Deadline:
11:59 PM (GMT -4) on September 19th, 2021

Last edited:

Byleth

Retirement
Kicking week 2 off with predicts...

:stunky: Stinky Stunkys [2][3]? Dubwool Entendres :dubwool:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - StitChuu vs Krytocon: Coming off a win last week, Krytocon seems more likely to take vs StitChuu (still rooting for u tho)
SS Bonus Type - Links vs Akashi: Both had an impressive game last week, but Akashi is more familiar with the tier and should win.
SS Godly Gift - emillight vs UnnerfTalonflame: Emillight will bring itemless Slowking and get smacked by Knock Off Alowak again. I think UT is slightly better but emillight is a spicy builder.
SS Inheritance - Roginald vs anaconja: Roginald doesn't play OMs much but he's a p good player when handed a good team and anaconja didn't play last week so I have to bold rogi here rip.
SS Inverse - Fc vs PA: Fc prob takes the cake in the 2 letter war, seems a bit tossy although Fc did win last week, both players are capable though.
SS Sketchmons - WMAR vs ironwater: WMar is more experienced in OMs in general although ironwater won vs jrdn last week and is pretty decent so should be a fun match to watch regardless so I can't bold either.

:basculin: Black Magic Basculegions [1][4]? Sleepy Slowkings :slowking:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Lancer Fr vs Vrji: Toss up cuz I suck at predicting doubles and they both won last week.
SS Bonus Type - StaZix vs TTTech: StaZix is definitely newer to comp stuff like this and brought an ok team last time, but I feel entitled to bold TTTech even if his team did have 4 grounds last time, but I don't think StaZix should be counted out.
SS Godly Gift - Flaming Deoxys vs Ren: Guessing the better/more established player wins here, especially coming off of a win last week.
SS Inheritance - I am prtty trash vs Heracross2.0: I am prtty trash is a really negative way to feel about yourself and Heracross has been doing okay in OMs lately so I will bold 2.0 here.
SS Inverse - Ax vs eu: More experience in the tier, council man, better two letter name.
SS Sketchmons - alaserdolphin vs XxSevagxX: Sevag is broken and idk if ald's meta knowledge is enough to outweigh that.

if I offended you u can offend me too I will won't cry.

Last edited:
Kicking week 2 off with predicts...

SS Sketchmons - alaserdolphin vs XxSevagxX: Sevag is broken and idk if ald's meta knowledge is enough to outweigh that.

if I offended you u can offend me too I will won't cry.
ur dum

All jokes aside, this will be a tough one and I'd like to play normal players and not these monsters for once but I'm hoping to not choke like I did with the lucha play (and just in general) last time.

Also I have learned the hard way that Bo3 is not the default and that I need to bring that up.

Glhf to sevag tho and here's to some good games!

eu

pain and agony
is a Social Media Contributor
:urshifu: UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) [0][0] Magearna Magi (Chazm) :magearna:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - papiloco vs Le Creme Brule not sure
SS Bonus Type - 23Gz vs omicorio 23Gz won last week, in general a really good player, but tbh bold me next time qwq
SS Godly Gift - Trade vs pannuracotta dont know much about them, but people seems to like them so-
SS Inheritance - Don Vascus vs adem Don Vascus=Goat player
SS Inverse - Mossy Sandwich vs OM 2 Letter so obv+ first week game was very good
SS Sketchmons - Eggs McGee vs Jrdn again not sure

:stunky: Stinky Stunkys (Kris & emillight) [0][0] Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract & willdbeast) :dubwool:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - StitChuu vs Krytocon sorry stitchuu, but krytocon is in my opinion overall better+support
SS Bonus Type - Links vs Akashi
SS Godly Gift - emillight vs UnnerfTalonflame
SS Inheritance - Roginald vs anaconja won r1, while other dead game?
SS Inverse - Fc vs PA unsure cause eh Fc is really good, PA too
SS Sketchmons - WMAR vs ironwater won r1+french ppl are cool

will add more descriptions later (maybe-)

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)