Tournament OM Spotlight League - FINALS (TIEBREAKER) [Won by UwUrshifus]

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Week 3
Week 1 |
Week 2

The list of formats for this year's Spotlight League is as follows:
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play one another for five weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 2 teams will appear in the finals and face off for victory.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager with the higher seed picking second. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!

Sportsmanship
Players and managers displaying poor sportsmanship will be subject to punishment, including potential removal from the tournament, at the discretion of the tour hosts. This includes:
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be considered a "dead game" and will not count towards either team's score.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Spotlight League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMSL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMSL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (in the hills). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Matchups

:urshifu: UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) [4][2] Sleepy Slowkings (Dr. Phd. BJ) :slowking:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - papiloco vs Vrji
SS Bonus Type - 23Gz vs Pure Beas
SS Godly Gift - Eggs vs Ren
SS Inheritance - Don Vascus vs TectonicDestroyer
SS Inverse - Mossy Sandwich vs eu
SS Sketchmons - S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs TTTech

:magearna: Magearna Magi (Chazm) [2][4] Stinky Stunkys (emillight & Kris) :stunky:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Morgan vs StitChuu
SS Bonus Type - omicorio vs Links
SS Godly Gift - pannuracotta vs emillight
SS Inheritance - adem vs Roginald
SS Inverse - OM vs Fc
SS Sketchmons - TGA vs Ainzcrad

:dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract & willdbeast) [4][2] Black Magic Basculegions (jasprose) :basculin:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Sanshokuinsumireko vs Phantomistix
SS Bonus Type - Akashi vs beauts
SS Godly Gift - UnnerfTalonflame vs Flaming Deoxys
SS Inheritance - anaconja vs I am prtty trash
SS Inverse - PA vs Ax
SS Sketchmons - ironwater vs lph

Deadline:
11:59 PM (GMT -4) on September 26th, 2021

Last edited:

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Predicts because UnnerfTalonflame told me i should, i forgot about predicts last week but im continuing again this week with my limited knowledge of 2v2

:urshifu: UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) [4][2] Sleepy Slowkings (Dr. Phd BJ) :slowking:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - papiloco vs Vrji
/pick says vrji
SS Bonus Type - 23Gz vs Pure Beas
This one seems to be a relatively easy pick, 23 being TL and being a good player overall
SS Godly Gift - Eggs vs Ren
Bolding ren because of their greater experience, but i would say a win from newly name-changed eggs wouldnt be too far out of reach but i favor ren here
SS Inheritance - Don Vascus vs TectonicDestroyer
council member and first person to get inh reqs bodes well for don, but the meta being changed drastically could mean this is less of an advantage, gonna bold Don because of more experience and meta knowledge
SS Inverse - Mossy Sandwich vs eu
Gonna bold mossy because of some good games before, but it could change and eu has a funny link in their sig (everyone should go click on it), so this one will probably be close, also for being the only non 2 letter inverse player
SS Sketchmons - S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs TTTech
TTTech is coming in off of playing BT the first 2 weeks and s1nn0h had a good showing w1 but didnt play last week. still gonna bold s1nn0h bc of a strong w1

:magearna: Magearna Magi (Chazm) [4][2] Stinky Stunkys (emillight & Kris) :stunky:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Le Creme Brule vs StitChuu
deadgame last week for creme brule but a loss from stit, /pick says stitchuu
SS Bonus Type - omicorio vs Links
This one looks like a good game, both had very tough opponents last week, gonna go with omi bc thats my gut feeling ngl
SS Godly Gift - pannuracotta vs emillight
Bolding emi in hopes they can snap their streak, strong player with good meta knowledge, but pannu has great support from chazm, so it could be a toss up but emi's meta knowledge can push it over the edge for them
SS Inheritance - adem vs Schpoonman
This one will be interesting, 2 lesser experienced inh players, gonna go with adem (even though they told me they suck) on account of strength of player
SS Inverse - OM vs Fc
More 2 letter names going at it, both lost last week and i believe both can bounce back, this one will probably be close, gonna bold OM becuase of inverse experience and knowledge
SS Sketchmons - Jrdn vs Ainzcrad
Jrdn won last week but ainzcrad got 2 shout outs w1, jrdn's mons skill and coming off of a win last week will carry him to a victory

Sorry if i offended anyone, just prove me wrong :)

For those curious, because I believe in transparency: I'm still helping with building our teams; I've been sick and I need to spend some time going to appointments and everything and I just need to make sure I'm all healthy there. I'm hoping to be back in commission as soon as I can! Health over HP, my guys
*gets alaserdolphin cteams back out of storage*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)