OM OM Swiss - Stage 2 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

「Made in Heaven」
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

art by Kris

Welcome to OM Swiss!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 2021 OM Circuit information can be found here.
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as the ladder of each format of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • Two stages
    • Stage 1:
      • Swiss-style
      • Each week is a best-of-3 of a different metagame randomly decided by !pick (listed later in this post)
      • All players with a positive record after the 5th week (3-2, 3-1, or 3-0) move onto Stage 2
    • Stage 2:
      • Best-of-5 non-seeded single elimination
      • First game of each series chosen by host with !pick, 2nd through 5th games picked by the loser of the previous game
      • You only earn points for the circuit from this
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
1st - 500
2nd - 375
3rd - 290
4th-6th - 175
7th-12th - 87
13th-24th - 45

Pairings:

Chazm  vs  Ivar57
The Immortal  vs  Akashi
MAMP  vs  King Leo V
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai
ItsChew.  vs  Ren
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser
in the hills  vs  beauts
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX
lepton  vs  quojova
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix

First game of each series for this week: Mix and Mega
1636351707983.png

Deadline is Sunday, November 14th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).

Last edited:

Kris

「Made in Heaven」
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Few things:

- Unlike stage 1, replays are required
- Stage 2 was changed from a Bo3 to a Bo5; majority of the players who made it into stage 2 voted for this. Not much changes, it just gives each player a more even chance, because a Bo3 would risk excluding metagames more frequently, which isn't fair for players who are more familiar with certain metas.
- I never explained this, but the reason why the first game is selected with !pick is because stage 2 isn't seeded, and it's an ungodly amount of work to evaluate seeding for these kinds of tournaments. Maybe in the future, this will change.

predicts

(Winner of Eggs vs Chazm, I'll be genuinely shocked if Chazm doesn't win this)  vs  Ivar57 - Favoring Ivar here if only because I think that he's in a better spot playing-wise than Chazm is. Chazm is very solid at all OMs and is more well-rounded than Ivar is, but I've been impressed by Ivar's overall competency across all these tiers even if he is a very lucky player
The Immortal  vs  Akashi - A toss-up tbh, I think Akashi is favored in more of these tiers but honestly watching Akashi's BH games made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity so I'm gonna go with TI here
MAMP  vs  King Leo V - MAMP is very good across all OMs, Leo only plays NFE. No chance
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master - IDK the Dragon dude but TTTech will cheese his way to a victory with Shedinja
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai - Gonna go to a coinflip with fwqef winning
ItsChew.  vs  Ren - Chew is a great dude and a solid player but Ren is just a bit more well-rounded and skilled atm (no shade) so I'm gonna favor Ren
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser - I was really tempted to bold Tect here since he did win with the GOAT Darumaka w1 but I do think losr, if focused, has a solid shot here of winning. He's just a bit more well-rounded than tect is
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ - Has berry played yet?
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX - Very close, definitely a hl game w1. I think Andy is better in most of these tiers, but he has just seemed a bit unfocused throughout this tour. Gonna favor Sevag here just a little bit because Sev is a major tryhard, but if Andy puts the effort in I do think he'll win
lepton  vs  quojova - Lepton is just more well-rounded than quojova, and while quojova is very talented, I'm not sure he can build and play the rest of these tiers at a high level like lepton can
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix - Similar to every other predict, QT has the building prowess in basically every OM to outclass Redflix here I think

Osake

Let me hug you friend
is a Tiering Contributor
Predicts !!!

Pairings:

(Winner of Eggs vs Chazm)  vs  Ivar57 I think Chazm is better than Eggs in BH, and better than Ivar overall, but Ivar is good in BH and AAA, I don't really know his level in the other tiers (3-1)
The Immortal  vs  Akashi As every week I'm super hyped by Akashi's games, and I think he's better overall than TI, probably gonna lose the STABs one tho (3-1)
MAMP  vs  King Leo V I don't really know how King Leo was qualified in PO since he wasn't motivated, so I'm bolding MAMP for that (3-1, King Leo still gonna win in NFE cuz he's the best)
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master mmmmh TTTech is gonna win in BH but idk I feel like TDM is better overall, pairings of underdogs here (3-1)
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai no idea of who's the opp ngl, can't say 3-0 cuz Ryuji is bad tho (3-1)
ItsChew.  vs  Ren Ren is goated af (3-0) (sorry Chew)
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser Tect is bad, pls learn him some respect a loser >c (3-1, tect will steal mnm or aaa)
in the hills  vs  beauts I don't really know beauts' level outside of NFE, so I'm gonna bold ITH (3-1)
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ cool pairing imo, I'll probably watch the replays of this one (3-2)
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX secondary p cool pairing, sevag wins in BH and probably in AAA (prep against Exeggutor !!) and Andy in MnM, but it'll be tough (3-2)
lepton  vs  quojova My man lepton gonna win this (3-2)
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix ily Flix but QT is really really strong and impressive in legit every tier except NFE here, but it'll be cool to watch ur games ! (3-1)

honestly, I'm probably gonna enjoy a lot of games here, kinda sad that Dragonillis isn't there but that's life >_< gl to all players, give good games, and don't 3-1 too much ur opp pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)