OM OM Swiss - Stage 2 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

art by Kris

Welcome to OM Swiss!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 2021 OM Circuit information can be found here.
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as the ladder of each format of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • Two stages
    • Stage 1:
      • Swiss-style
      • Each week is a best-of-3 of a different metagame randomly decided by !pick (listed later in this post)
      • All players with a positive record after the 5th week (3-2, 3-1, or 3-0) move onto Stage 2
    • Stage 2:
      • Best-of-5 non-seeded single elimination
      • First game of each series chosen by host with !pick, 2nd through 5th games picked by the loser of the previous game
      • You only earn points for the circuit from this
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
1st - 500
2nd - 375
3rd - 290
4th-6th - 175
7th-12th - 87
13th-24th - 45

Pairings:

Chazm  vs  Ivar57
The Immortal  vs  Akashi
MAMP  vs  King Leo V
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai
ItsChew.  vs  Ren
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser
in the hills  vs  beauts
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX
lepton  vs  quojova
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix

First game of each series for this week: Mix and Mega
1636351707983.png

Deadline is Sunday, November 14th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Few things:

- Unlike stage 1, replays are required
- Stage 2 was changed from a Bo3 to a Bo5; majority of the players who made it into stage 2 voted for this. Not much changes, it just gives each player a more even chance, because a Bo3 would risk excluding metagames more frequently, which isn't fair for players who are more familiar with certain metas.
- I never explained this, but the reason why the first game is selected with !pick is because stage 2 isn't seeded, and it's an ungodly amount of work to evaluate seeding for these kinds of tournaments. Maybe in the future, this will change.

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
predicts

(Winner of Eggs vs Chazm, I'll be genuinely shocked if Chazm doesn't win this)  vs  Ivar57 - Favoring Ivar here if only because I think that he's in a better spot playing-wise than Chazm is. Chazm is very solid at all OMs and is more well-rounded than Ivar is, but I've been impressed by Ivar's overall competency across all these tiers even if he is a very lucky player
The Immortal  vs  Akashi - A toss-up tbh, I think Akashi is favored in more of these tiers but honestly watching Akashi's BH games made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity so I'm gonna go with TI here
MAMP  vs  King Leo V - MAMP is very good across all OMs, Leo only plays NFE. No chance
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master - IDK the Dragon dude but TTTech will cheese his way to a victory with Shedinja
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai - Gonna go to a coinflip with fwqef winning
ItsChew.  vs  Ren - Chew is a great dude and a solid player but Ren is just a bit more well-rounded and skilled atm (no shade) so I'm gonna favor Ren
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser - I was really tempted to bold Tect here since he did win with the GOAT Darumaka w1 but I do think losr, if focused, has a solid shot here of winning. He's just a bit more well-rounded than tect is
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ - Has berry played yet?
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX - Very close, definitely a hl game w1. I think Andy is better in most of these tiers, but he has just seemed a bit unfocused throughout this tour. Gonna favor Sevag here just a little bit because Sev is a major tryhard, but if Andy puts the effort in I do think he'll win
lepton  vs  quojova - Lepton is just more well-rounded than quojova, and while quojova is very talented, I'm not sure he can build and play the rest of these tiers at a high level like lepton can
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix - Similar to every other predict, QT has the building prowess in basically every OM to outclass Redflix here I think

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Predicts !!!

Pairings:

(Winner of Eggs vs Chazm)  vs  Ivar57 I think Chazm is better than Eggs in BH, and better than Ivar overall, but Ivar is good in BH and AAA, I don't really know his level in the other tiers (3-1)
The Immortal  vs  Akashi As every week I'm super hyped by Akashi's games, and I think he's better overall than TI, probably gonna lose the STABs one tho (3-1)
MAMP  vs  King Leo V I don't really know how King Leo was qualified in PO since he wasn't motivated, so I'm bolding MAMP for that (3-1, King Leo still gonna win in NFE cuz he's the best)
TTTech  vs  The Dragon Master mmmmh TTTech is gonna win in BH but idk I feel like TDM is better overall, pairings of underdogs here (3-1)
fwqef  vs  Ryuji-Sempai no idea of who's the opp ngl, can't say 3-0 cuz Ryuji is bad tho (3-1)
ItsChew.  vs  Ren Ren is goated af (3-0) (sorry Chew)
TectonicDestroyer  vs  a loser Tect is bad, pls learn him some respect a loser >c (3-1, tect will steal mnm or aaa)
in the hills  vs  beauts I don't really know beauts' level outside of NFE, so I'm gonna bold ITH (3-1)
berry  vs  Dr. Phd. BJ cool pairing imo, I'll probably watch the replays of this one (3-2)
Andyboy  vs  XxSevagxX secondary p cool pairing, sevag wins in BH and probably in AAA (prep against Exeggutor !!) and Andy in MnM, but it'll be tough (3-2)
lepton  vs  quojova My man lepton gonna win this (3-2)
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Redflix ily Flix but QT is really really strong and impressive in legit every tier except NFE here, but it'll be cool to watch ur games ! (3-1)

honestly, I'm probably gonna enjoy a lot of games here, kinda sad that Dragonillis isn't there but that's life >_< gl to all players, give good games, and don't 3-1 too much ur opp pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)