OM Teambuilding Shop V4 - under new ownership!

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Joshz since no one decided to build your team, i decided to build a team for it, since Breloom is a poke i always wanted to try, and Trap offense is a play style i love. So on to the team.

Teambuilding:

Right away, I notice a weakness to a couple of pokes specifically that break this core, Mega Venusaur and Mega Altaria. While both aren't as common in Tier Shift, I
wanted a poke to beat both. Talonflame fit this role perfectly, while the stuff it hates (Rotom-Wash, Heatran, Tyranitar, Electric / Rock Types and others) are handled easily by Dugtrio + Breloom. After that, i wanted a reliable way to get rid of hazards, seeing as i have a Talonflame and Focus Sashed Dugtrio, I wanted a poke that was both reliable, and preferably water type (For a fire / water / grass core). Starmie fit this role along with Tentacruel. This slot is still up for debate, but so far i love Starmie for a revenge killer and speed. The next poke i knew i needed was a dragon / bird resist, seeing as none of my pokes like switching into stuff such as banded Talon along with powerful dragons such as Hydreigon, Latios, Latias and others. I liked Magneton for this because it provided initiative into pokes, something i lacked. Not only that, it is probably the best way to revenge kill birds. Lastly, I wanted a great stallbreaker that could nuke pokes and beat bulky psychics. Hydreigon fit this roll really nicely, seeing as it has few switch ins, and lures fairies, which Breloom and Starmie love.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-268488153
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-268495256
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-268497076

Playing With The Team:

The team is really simple, make aggressive plays, and try to trap threats with Dugtrio + Magneton. Threats such as Starmie, Hydreigon and Breloom have limited switch-ins as it is, and trapping the threats to them allow those pokes to have field days.

Threats: Mega Altaria, Landorus-T, Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Mega Sableye
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Last edited:
New Old Competitor
I feel like this team isn't going to get much better than it is right now, and it wasn't too bad, so I'll post it anyways:

This team was really straight-forward to build, because Linoone is just so bad and needs so much support. If you're looking for a top tier team, try not to ask for something like this, but I think/hope it'll satisfy you anyways.

First, there was linoone. I could choose between Scrappy, tinted lens, and tough claws. Scrappy left it weak to bulky pokemon like zygarde and hippowdon and tinted lens only really helped with weakened steel types, which could be taken care of by magnet pull anyways while having the same weaknesses as scrappy, so I decided on Tough Claws. Belly drum and espeed for obvious reasons, shadow claw to hit doublade and cresselia. I wasn't sure whether Frustration or Seed Bomb would be the best choice, as seed bomb hits rhyperior and Tyranitar, but frustration gives you a chance to OHKO the more common suicune, although this team has a much harder time dealing with rhyperior and TTar than suicune. Note that ttar can be worn down through volt turn and hazards though.

Next, i realized that any player with an iq greater than 10 wouldnt let linoone set up for free, so it needed screens. Manaphy is, (imo) one of the best dual screeners due to its ability to pivot so effectively on threats like entei, thundurus, and sometimes victini. Min speed for slow u-turns which gets Linoone in for free. Also helps support the rest of the team.

Linoone kind of dies the moment a steel type appears; this meant magnet pull. I narrowed it down to Rotom-W and Heatran, but Rotom-W got it due to its ability to add another switching move user as well as a way of switching into suicune. Moveset shouldn't need explaining, it's all Rotom really gets.

Wanted a Defogger that synergized with manaphy and rotom as well as u-turn, and Moltres fit the mold perfectly. I like moltres especially because it doesn't care about mega metagross as much as stuff like skarmory and zapdos.

The last common thing that could stop a linoone sweep is gengar, so sneasel was added to trap it. Another cool thing about sneasel is that it tends to match up pretty well against balance, meaning that it can be a secondary cleaner if linoone isn't played correctly.

Finally, I noticed that linoone just barely misses the OHKO for many mons like Hippo, Doublade, and Zygarde, which meant that I probably needed some form of hazards. All three are rock-resistant, so I went with Accelgor, which is arguably the best spikes setter in the game due to its ability to annoy and set up spikes effectively. Encore + Infestation is ridiculously annoying, encore + u-turn is insanely good about grabbing momentum and sometimes free set up opportunities, whereas you hardly have to worry about having problems setting up spikes.

The key to using this team is do NOT set up with Linoone until you're sure you can sweep or you're forced to set up

Big Threats:

PH Snorlax: click X

PH Suicune: Switch to Rotom-W, click volt switch, and if it stays in go out into Accelgor and encore into whatever, then u-turn back and try to set up with linoone if all threats are eliminated and your opponent stays in for some reason. If encored into scald, go back into Rotom and spam Tbolt.
Sounds hard, but just use some common sense here.

Optional changes:

Linoone: Frustration -> Seed Bomb
Accelgor: Infestation/U-turn -> Gastro Acid
Moltres -> MG Zapdos

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Frustration

Manaphy @ Light Clay
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Scald
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- U-turn
- Infestation

replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-267521421
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-267519130
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-267513387

Illusio
MAudino_ORAS.gif
shed sprite.gif
chansey.gif
aegislash.gif
giratina (1).gif
yveltal.gif

Here is the Stall team you requested! I started with the core of Audino and Shedinja. I've been playing around with various abilities on Audino, but for stall Magic Bounce seemed necessary. The set carries support and Entrainment to counter PH Ttar. Sheddy is obviously sturdy, and I choose the level 1 set because I wanted to run whirlpool for trapping. Chansey and Giratina were almost auto includes after this, the pair can handle most of the metagame on their own, and Audino and Shed can handle anything else. Fur Coat is a must for Chans, but Tina's poison heal ability can be replaced with Just about anything you like. Finally I rounded out the team with FF Aegislash and PH Yveltal. FF Aegi is great redundancy against -ate, and can also wall most contrary sets. Since Audino lacks Knock off or T-Waves to threaten Gengar and is weak to Poison, Yveltal functions as our main counter for it. It is eves to ensure it can always switch in on Sludge Wave.

Pros- Can Handle most offense threats extremely well.
Redundancy for -ate
Cons- lack of Imposter is a critical flaw. In matches against Stall and Balance, having or not having Imposter often decides the match. Shed, Aegi, and Yveltal can all be replaced for up to 2 Imposters.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Milk Drink

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Whirlpool
- Pain Split

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Baton Pass
- Soft-Boiled

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Roost

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Heal Order

Metagame: Sketchmons
Service: 2

Hi, I have a Sketchmons team that's been working quite well as of late but I want to replace a mon that's not doing much: Alakazam. Here's my team:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Extreme Speed

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Spore
- Memento
- Sucker Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Blue Flare

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Secret Sword
- Knock Off
- Protect

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Acrobatics
- Extreme Speed

Basically, I use Dugtrio and Magnezone to trap and kill checks and counters to my two main set-up sweepers, Dragonite and Altaria. They're both huge burn magnets, so I decided to be creative with both of them and use Facade and Lum Berry + Acrobatics, respectively. Sableye is a good shutdown mon agains more defensively orientated, and acts as a pivot into one of my trappers (for example, Parting Shot into Dugtrio). Alakazam looked good on paper, acting as a nice lure for Chansey, but it really doesn't do much. I want to replace it with something that can handle Serperior, Diggersby, and set-up in general. Thanks in advance.

Requests: No changing the sets of Altaria and Dragonite, must keep Dugtrio with Magnezone/ton. Other than that do whatever you want.

I'd change the ditto set to something like this

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk/Hp / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Reversal/memento
- Dig

I don't exactly know what you're doing with the Alakazam set but I'd change it's moveset to
psychic/secret sword/shadow ball/ encore

Brawl MK, that team actually looks pretty solid. If you want to replace Alakazam, I'd suggest you replace it with something that controls hazard, because your Dugtrio and Dragonite both need a field free of hazards to work effectively. Maybe Skarmory or Defog Hippowdon with a phazing move, because they both can handle Diggersby. If you don't want any of them, you can make Sableye hold Will-o-wisp to at least weaken any non-Lum Diggersby (most of them are Life Orb, so you won't see much of it.

As for Serperior, I think Mega Altaria handles it if you don't give it a chance to boost itself too much. It resists V-Create, Leaf Storm and immune to Dragon Pulse after it megas. It shouldn't be a problem I think. As for set up in general, Extremespeed Altaria should be able to handle them and for Steel types, you have Dugtrio for them.

Reactions: MK
Service 1: Team built around Typhlosion.
I would really like help work this,I would prefer to have at least one water type and one electric type to be in the team (I really like Heliolisk) but this is not necessary.
Thank you in advance
P.S. I'd prefer no legendaries!

Last edited:
Service 1: Team built around Typhlosion.
I would really like help work this,I would prefer to have at least one water type and one electric type to be in the team (I really like Heliolisk) but this is not necessary.
Thank you in advance
P.S. I'd prefer no legendaries!
It would be helpful to give the OM you want the team for

Anywho

Service: 1 or 3

Required 'mon: Mega Lopunny

A bit of history I guess: I made a gimmick mono-normal sketchmons team (not that it was really a hindrance, spamming espeed is great) and with the move clause is now illegal. I grew to quite like mega lop's ability to fakespeed revenge kill, but now it takes up a quite valuable espeed slot, so espeed on it is not required; surprise me!

If you like, for an idea of my playstyle, the old team was:
Fakespeed mega lop
Defensive ScrappySpin miltank
Transform chansey
Dual set up boomburst pz
Sash diggers with espeed sd and spikes
BellySpeed snorlax
(sorry lost importable ;_;)

You can tweak the mono team if you like, but I'd prefer that the team actually be good :P

Any playstyle is fine but I don't think megalop works on stall :P

It would be helpful to give the OM you want the team for

Anywho

Service: 1 or 3

Required 'mon: Mega Lopunny

A bit of history I guess: I made a gimmick mono-normal sketchmons team (not that it was really a hindrance, spamming espeed is great) and with the move clause is now illegal. I grew to quite like mega lop's ability to fakespeed revenge kill, but now it takes up a quite valuable espeed slot, so espeed on it is not required; surprise me!

If you like, for an idea of my playstyle, the old team was:
Fakespeed mega lop
Defensive ScrappySpin miltank
Transform chansey
Dual set up boomburst pz
Sash diggers with espeed sd and spikes
BellySpeed snorlax
(sorry lost importable ;_;)

You can tweak the mono team if you like, but I'd prefer that the team actually be good :P

Any playstyle is fine but I don't think megalop works on stall :P
What's an OM? Sorry I'm new to all this haha

Articuno I

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

This team is built around Scrafty and Reuniclus, as you requested. I chose set up sweeping sets for both of those, and either of them can work as a late game sweeper or a win condition.However, Quagsire easily beats both of these Pokemon. I added Serperior to deal with him, as well as other bulky waters. I noticed that Talonflame was able to patch up this team's weaknesses to Bug, as well as to punish bulky Grass and Fighting types. I chose the choice band set for better revenge killing and damage in general. Since I added Talonflame, this team needed hazard control. Mega Diancie fits this role, in addition to patching up even more of the team's weaknesses. It can take care of many Dark, Rock, Fire, and Flying types that this team had no way of dealing with previously. One of those includes Mega Sableye, which our only way of killing before hand was with Serperior, which gets worn down easily. Mamoswine was added to set up Stealth Rock, making it slightly easier for the sweepers to accomplish their tasks. I decided to run Life Orb for more damage, and Icicle Spear to break Substitute, Focus Sash, and Sturdy.

Honestly, Scrafty is very underwhelming is and is really hard to sweep with. It is definitely the weakest link in this team. The first possible replacement I thought of was Hitmonlee, due to its access to rapid spin and powerful fighting stabs. However, I haven't tested the team with Hitmonlee, so feel free to ignore it as it is nothing more than speculation.

EDIT: Blastoise was on an earlier version of the team. I honestly don't know why that happened because I'm almost certain I cped the diancie team.

Last edited:
Metagame: Anything Goes
Service: 1

Playstyle: Baton Pass
Short description: Smeargle is a staple on Baton Pass teams because it has access to every move and Moody. The latter, together with Acupressure, makes Smeargle the ultimate booster grabbing said boosts dangerously fast and passing them to a teammate so it can wreak havoc. Spore or Dark Void or w/e sleep move it's just the icing of the cake, aka more free boosts.
GOOD Baton Pass teams are very difficult to stop.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Metagame: Monotype

Sets: Specially Defensive Articuno alongside Defensive/Spec Def Zapdos of some sort.
Short Description: Whenever I try to build a stall flying team I find either can't handle all threats, simply can't provide enough pressure to allow me to keep Stealth Rock off the field, or both at once. Zapdos is the new addition that makes stall flying potentially great, Articuno is the best pokemon (and also tanks ice beams like nothing else), and they have a reasonable amount of synergy as well.
Playstyle: Stall

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
dsm77773

Playstyle: Baton Pass
Short description: Smeargle is a staple on Baton Pass teams because it has access to every move and Moody. The latter, together with Acupressure, makes Smeargle the ultimate booster grabbing said boosts dangerously fast and passing them to a teammate so it can wreak havoc. Spore or Dark Void or w/e sleep move it's just the icing of the cake, aka more free boosts.
GOOD Baton Pass teams are very difficult to stop.
Sorry for the delay on the team, was sorta difficult to make due to my lack of knowledge on Baton Pass teams in AG. After a week of building, I think the team has progressed to a point of completion. I experimented with a few ideas, stumbling in a crossroads between all out baton pass and a mixed baton pass setup into heavy attackers, but I've concluded investing the six in the strategy allows for maximum efficiency.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Ingrain
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magic Coat
- Minimize
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Zapdos @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Agility
- Roar
- Roost
- Baton Pass

This team requires an intense amount of planning as switching into the wrong pokemon can wreck your chances of winning. However, using it properly for the first couple of rounds essentially means 'gg' to your opponent. Firstly, you have two leads to choose from. Zapdos and Drifblim.

Zapdos is a reliable bulky speed booster with a faster roar that opponents for PDon Roar leads and other roar/whirlwinders where after the boosts switching into Drifblim if the opponent can't defeat it.

Drifblim is great at boosting evasion and providing a nice basis for the rest of the team as they continually boost up stats to destroy the opposing team. If you're using this as a lead, Magic Coat can aid the prevention of Roar leads as well, usually requiring use on the second turn if on a PDon. If this is a the lead, baton pass into Zappy and get the speeds up.

Having speed and evasion is essential in the functioning of the team, as these two factors allow seamless transitions between mons later on. Usually passing into Smeargle can be beneficial. You may need to switch into other mons depending on what they have out.

Smeargle is the glue to the team as it alone has great potential at stopping essentially everything. Behind a sub and with an intact sash, Smeargle can sleep anything not grass, safety goggles or bouncy bouncy and therefore can be replaced with Dark Void as it usually gets an accuracy boost or doesn't require one. With the use of Ingrain, roaring will be useless as well as providing a decent recovery if need be. Unfortunately, Acupressure was sacrificed for Substitute but can be replaced if it seems unnecessary and it's a must have. Sash is like a back up just in case but is essential for crits and Punishment. And who could forget Moody, the ability that makes Smeargle a powerhouse even if its just constantly sleeping the opponent. It can just sit back and enjoy the benefits of such a great ability.

Espeon with Magic Bounce allows for prevention of Roar and other hazards before Ingrain occurs, as well as its STAB Stored Power sweeping later on.

Vaporeon is nice for Acid Armor and Aqua Ring which can both be nice to have, but I would rate this more as an expendable team member. This could be replaced with a back up plan of sorts if need be, or an extra of something important on the team. Maybe two Smeargles.

Mr.Mime is a great way to prevent Perish Song and also a nice Taunter if needed. Soundproof is an amazing niche that allows the use on Mr.Mime on teams like these. It also has Calm Mind to aid the final sweep. This is also expendable as Perish Song is so unpredictable and hard to actually stop.

All members on the team have Substitute as it provides a safety net in case they 'hax' their way through the evasion and shenanigans. The last two members can be used as fodder if need be, but every pokemon on this team plays a fundamental role.

THREATS:
Haze. There is no way to stop Haze from baton pass other than Taunting which is able on Mime.
Perish Song. Mime stops this with Soundproof, but still threatens due to its unpredictability.

Showdown is down rn, so I can't grab any replays. I will when it's back up. If there are any questions, you know where to find me.

OM: Balanced Hackmons

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- High Jump Kick

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Judgment
- Flash Cannon / Secret Sword / U-turn / Volt Switch
- Recover

So I've recently been using magic guard LO ho oh and I really enjoyed using it, so I wanted to try out mega aero, another mon that could abuse magic guard + powerful stabs. The EVs allow it to outspeed max speed timid mega mewtwo y and below, max attack to make head smash powerful and rest dumped into hp. I picked aegislash to wall it because it was the only one I could find that doesn't need an ability to wall mega aero. Idc about the aegi set really, it could be the standard ate wall if need be. I personally hate passive mons so I listed an offensive stance change aegislash.

Play style: Offense/Balance

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And

Metagame:
Inverse
Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
Not Sure If This Would Work, It's From My Slowking.

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
Changed To Blissey Per Snaquaza's Advice.
So, I've recently learned how good Slowbro Can Actually be in Inverse. With Great Water/Psychic Typing and an amazing ability in Regenerator, It Can be a great wall that might be able to screw over gothitelle when paired with Shed Shell Chansey/Avalugg... But I have No Idea How To use it ;~;
Playstyle: Balance

Last edited:
Bumping this because it's a great resource!

Metagame: Tier Shift
Pokemon:

Short Description: The recent PU boosts in Tier Shift have made Gogoat's already impressive stats even better. It has an excellent movepool as well and I think a Bulk Up set could be extremely good if potential walls (e.g. bulky Flying, Bug, and Grass Pokemon for Milk Drink / Bulk Up / Horn Leech / Earthquake sets) were removed by teammates.
Playstyle: Balance imo

Bumping this because it's a great resource!

Metagame: Tier Shift
Pokemon:

Short Description: The recent PU boosts in Tier Shift have made Gogoat's already impressive stats even better. It has an excellent movepool as well and I think a Bulk Up set could be extremely good if potential walls (e.g. bulky Flying, Bug, and Grass Pokemon for Milk Drink / Bulk Up / Horn Leech / Earthquake sets) were removed by teammates.
Playstyle: Balance imo
Prepared af for this

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Sharpteeth 2.0 (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Superpower
- Crunch

GREATESTOFALLTIME (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

So call me a maniac, this team was actually made as an OU team around the triple water set up core of BD Azumarill + DD Feraligatr + DD Gyarados-Mega. I decided at some point to ditch Gyarados for Gardevoir-Mega, as it can take out a lot of the teams physically bulky counters with super strong fairy STABs. I added on Gogoat as an absorber to grass type moves + electric type moves, add the fact that nothing fucking KOs the thing and you have one spicy meatball. TankChomp is a pretty choice for a SR user for this team since it can soak up a lot of priority moves and stuff the core doesnt wanna be taking. I decided a scarf electric would be a good filler mon for the team, and magneton can beat some stuff like weavile that can annoy the team.

Sorry if the description is kinda barebones, but I haven't done this in a while.

Pokémon:

Short description:
I don't know if this core is the most viable thing ever but I'm pretty sure is the most devilish combo in existance: MiniPass to Swagkeys. Swagkeys is annoying per se, but adding it Evasion boosts so it's even more difficult to hit it is just shouting "ragequit!". However, as evil this core is, it is weak to Roar and probably to a bunch of things more.
Playstyle: Make this viable

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pokémon:

Short description:
I don't know if this core is the most viable thing ever but I'm pretty sure is the most devilish combo in existance: MiniPass to Swagkeys. Swagkeys is annoying per se, but adding it Evasion boosts so it's even more difficult to hit it is just shouting "ragequit!". However, as evil this core is, it is weak to Roar and probably to a bunch of things more.
Playstyle: Make this viable
  • For the Comprehensive Teambuild, post a core of up to two viable Pokemon.
Keep in mind I'm not authority, so they could tell me to fuck off and make Zangooser build this trash for all I know, but just giving my input and saying that core is far from viable. Drifblim is 100% only viable on Baton Pass teams, and Klefki is not viable on baton pass teams seeing as it lacks recovery, baton pass, and is phazed out. And, Klefki even learns Double Team (which I run) if you really want to go for it. This could be some super gimmicky 2 mon team or whatever, but this workshop is only for building serious & competitively viable teams so I really doubt they want to take this on.

Keep in mind I'm not authority, so they could tell me to fuck off and make Zangooser build this trash for all I know, but just giving my input and saying that core is far from viable. Drifblim is 100% only viable on Baton Pass teams, and Klefki is not viable on baton pass teams seeing as it lacks recovery, baton pass, and is phazed out. And, Klefki even learns Double Team (which I run) if you really want to go for it. This could be some super gimmicky 2 mon team or whatever, but this workshop is only for building serious & competitively viable teams so I really doubt they want to take this on.
Ok then, feel free to ignore that core then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)