Tournament OMPL VII - FINALS [5 STAR JOLTEONS ARE CHAMPIONS!]

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
won vs GRNBLN ggs. even though i was kinda upset about how this series was conducted, dw about it you're a cool dude I respect

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-971883749
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-971894133
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-971902069

ompl is wack though, i cant even bring myself to make a post explaining what i feel about this entire thing. jolteons lose if we win the last game, jolteons lose if we lose the last game, none of this even matters, they'll be hated either way even though most of the team is completely innocent. gz klink shamers on making a fucking crazy turn around, big props. some of y'all are super lame though, im glad ag is outta here. been fun while it lasted regardless

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kinda sucks to go out like this esp since we should've won the tour twice but gratz to my friends on the Jolts for an incredible performance and a win, regardless of how it went :heart:

Actual shoutouts post once post OMPL thread goes up so I don't leave on 999

Fardin

Tournament Banned
"
#8 One Star Jolteons, led by ransei and dbw

absolutely garbage draft and is most likely the worst team ive ever laid my eyes on in ompl. only solid part is Skarph, but after that its a downhill. i dont want to mock sl42, but he is simply not on the level of mamp/sugarhigh, spending so much money on him and even nomming him first was a mistake. sectonia as ur mnm starter was a poor choice. there were plenty of other better ones imo, but we shall see how it will turn out. maroon, solid back up player, and can probs play most tiers. heard good things about word but my man hasnt played in 3-4 years so idk. Evigora is a nice zu choice, but racool at aaa is really a meh. used to be a top 3 aaa player, but she is clearly rusty. uni is over for most, so i hope she has more time to invest in aaa. idk, this team just seems very weird. "

Ransei snow
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE EARNED MORE MEME SENPAI POINTS  :blobuwu::blobuwu::blobuwu: YOU CAN REEDEEM YOUR SENPAI POINTS >///< OR KEEP EM  :swole::swole::swole: SO YOU CAN SHOWOFF TO THE GAMER GIRLS. 3 SENPAI POINTS WILL EARN YOU GAMER GIRL BATHWATER :blobpex::blobpex:KEEP UP THE GOOD OWO-RK:blobnom::blobnom:
good job frens, hope to see you next ompl

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey guys

i didnt have a very fun ompl. im taking full responsibility for my record, but there was also some lame stuff from other people that i want to address here. ill be skipping over the klinks vs jolteons stuff because that was a pretty complex situation and i dont really want to talk about it, but outside of that there are some things i want to call out as being dumb and not ok
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-955489780 OMPL, Tony Flygon never played the tier before and somehow won with a clutch at the end (some luck). Despite being the opposing manager it was quite fun to watch. Chat was hilarious but idk if worth adding
+Cynara: this man rly complained he didnt hax enough to win!
+Cynara: shame

☆free my man tele: lose to a crit into a speed tie
+Cynara: whine

special shoutouts to flint for laughing in my face after i told him that maybe the metas bad if good players can lose to people whove never played it before. sorry for criticizing this meta when the majority of ompl players dont even want to play it at all and agree to nonstandard versions

im sorry for the negativity but i want to finalize this stuff here so i dont have to bring it up ever again.

shoutouts to all my teammates and everyone else who was supportive or at least had the courtesy to remain indifferent. ill probably be more detailed on this in the post ompl thread.

good job jolts, im glad we were able to prove ourselves as a good team in the end.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Well we're finally done. There were definitely a lot of highs and lows with this tour, but above all else I'm incredibly proud of our team for being able to pull back from a 0-3 start to being finalists and nearly winners. Congrats to Ransei and snow and the rest of the Jolts, undeniably these last few weeks left a bad taste in my mouth but that's behind us now and when it comes down to it these things happen in Pokemon. Overall I enjoyed managing even if I felt like I could've done a much better job (inactive the first few weeks and not helping prep as much as I could've), I'll definitely consider managing again in future tours.
The team:
Chloe Thanks for letting me tag along as your co-manager despite my initial indecisiveness. You're a really laid back person to work with and a phenomenal manager, I'm sorry you ended up doing most of the managing work, hopefully I wasn't too much of a burden.

GL Volkner Chloe and I wanted to get you from the beginning, I know you were hoping to do better but you had a solid performance despite many setbacks. You're an awesome guy all around, it's unfortunate that you won't be around as much after this but you've been a blast to talk with in the time I've known you. Good luck in life, Go Kois!

pichus You had a tough job prepping 3 teams a week, I know you were hoping for a stronger record but every set you played was close and I think you really proved yourself as a player. Sorry I didn't help you out more, hopefully we can play together again sometime!

Chazm You did a stellar job this season even if you didn't enjoy the MnM metagame as much. Thanks for being willing to help out in other tiers as well, hopefully MnM improves with the Shuckle ban and you're able to enjoy it more again. Go Kois!

GRNBLN Congrats on a stellar AG performance this season! I know your last series was tough but you should be proud of your record, I'd love to see you continue to improve in the future.

motherlove You did a great job carrying our AAA slot for most of the tour, as well as helping prep for STAB and BH. I'd especially like to thank you for subbing in last minute during tiebreaker to play STAB despite not playing it yet this tour, we asked a lot of you this whole tour and you were consistently able to deliver.

a fruitshop owner Remember when you told Chloe and I to sub you out if you lost again after week 2? Well you went on a tear after that and we never had any reason to. You did really well this season, thanks for all your hard work!

Plas STAB goat. You got some tough matchups but still did really well in the end, thanks for being super active in the Discord, you're a super fun dude and I'm really glad we had you on the team.

KuraiTenshi26 Thanks for all the help in STAB, you were active and willing to contribute even though we didn't get to field you in later weeks. It was great having you around, I'd love to see you some more in future tours!

Hassin627 Thanks for covering for Volk when needed and being a super encouraging presence in chat even when you weren't playing!

Shiba Sorry we only got to field you once! You still managed to nab a win for us and were a super great presence in the team chat, you're a swell dude and I'd love to team with you again (#GoKois)!

Helpers:
Catalystic You get a special shoutout for helping out in every tier and being willing to do some serious last-second prep when needed. Thanks a ton for all your hard work, I almost forgot you weren't on our team a few times lol

Andyboy Funbot28 highlighter In The Hills PinkDragonTamer xavgb Gmansour20 MAMP vivalospride Quantum Tesseract skysolo14 Y'all were great helps too of course and it was fun chatting with all of you in Discord. Love you <3

And of course thanks Snaquaza and E4 Flint for hosting.

That's all from me, reminder that even though we didn't win foot fetishes are still unacceptable and will be Klink Shamed. Peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)