Monotype On Rainy Days (1k / 4 Year Anniversary RMT)

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Banner and Text by Moosical

Hey everyone! It's hard to believe that I've been using Smogon for 4 years and have managed to make 1000 posts. On one side, it feels like this site has been a part of my life for so much longer, and on the other hand I can't believe I've been invested for so long. When I first started playing, I thought Pokemon Showdown would just be something I'd use every few months whenever I felt in the mood to play Pokemon. However, it somehow ended up being a huge part of my life these last few years. Thanks to it, I've met some great friends. In order to celebrate all these years, and to properly thank everyone that has made this site worthwhile, I decided to make this RMT. Naturally, the team I selected for this commemorative RMT is a Swift Swim Rain team as it is what has been associated to me for as long as I've been a member of the community. While different from the build of rains teams from ORAS and USUM, this team definitely embodies the offensive nature of rain teams that I enjoy so much. As for the song, I chose "On Rainy Days" from Beast because it is a song I loved back when I started, and fit the rain theme the best. I don't listen to kpop much anymore, but this song still has a big place in my heart. Also, I have the alt on PS.

Since this is a rain team, I obviously started with Pelipper as it is the sole Drizzle user available. Pelipper completes multiple roles besides setting rain. It can function as a pivot, a Defog user, and another breaker depending on the item it has. As it has such wide list of viable sets, I struggled a lot with deciding what set would benefit the team the best. Originally, I used a Choice Specs set to increase the offensive nature of the team, as I enjoy a more aggressive play style over being super passive. While it did prove to really pressure the opposing teams, the offensive and fast metagame makes it difficult for it to be effective. Also, I noticed the team would easily get worn down by hazards. In many situations, Pelipper would lose too much HP and would not have the longevity to set rain enough times in the game. In order to improve said longevity, I decided to run Heavy Duty Boots.

Next, I added Seismitoad and Mantine as the mandatory rain sweepers for the team. Seismitoad serves not only as a sweeper, but it is the Electric immunity of the team and has Stealth Rock to slowly chip away the HP of the opposing team. For Mantine, I was inspired from the Metronome set that gained momentum in OU. However, instead of Substitute and Surf, I use Tailwind and Hydro Pump. These are due to the fact that it requires less longevity as it does in OU, and because the team will be relatively slow despite Seismitoad and Mantine having Swift Swim. Moreover, Tailwind would allow me to break through teams with one of water's slower wallbreakers. Originally, I thought of putting Barraskewda instead of Mantine, but I determined that it didn't provide much to the offensive pressure of the team, and is easily withered by Life Orb and hazards. Moreover, Mantine provides the team with a better matchup against Trace Gardevoir. Overall, these two rain sweepers would be able to push the opponent into a corner for a wide range of matchups in the tier.

For my fourth member, I chose the returning Keldeo. It's great Speed and Special Attack stats gives it an imposing presence in the current metagame. The main reasons I selected to use it is that it provides essential help in the difficult Ice matchup, can break Ferrothorn and other walls. At first, I was using a Choice Specs set to deliver immediate damage. However, This proved to be unreliable because Ferrothorn has the support of Aegislash, and Pokemon like Toxapex completely wall it. To remedy this, I changed to a Calm Mind set to make the Steel matchup easier, and better handle walls.

To finish of the team, I decided to add a another Swift Swim abuser in Qwilfish and a strong wallbreaker in Dracovish. My thought process was that Qwilfish could set up Spikes, and Toxic Spikes to make it easier for my sweepers and breakers to shatter the opposing team. As for Dracovish, I selected a Choice Band set, to take advantage of Tailwind. From testing, This version of the team proved to put a lot of pressure on the opponent, but could be easily reverse swept because it lacked methods to recover from falling behind. As there is nothing on the team that can take a hit, it is difficult to safely switch into a rain swapper. Things like a Kyurem-Black using Dragon Dance, the opponent setting up Trick Room, or an Alolan Raichu under Electric Terrain, completely ravaged the team. While this team was very fun, it lacked reliability.

For the final version of the team, I replaced Qwilfish and Dracovish with Toxapex and Crawdaunt. These Pokemon would fill up some of the holes of the team, while still relatively filling the roles of the ones they are replacing. With Eject Button, Toxapex can be used to safely bring in a rain sweeper. Moreover, it can absorb hits and status while preventing treating set up sweepers from destroying the team. Also, it can wither the opponent with Toxic. As for Crawdaunt, it can take out faster threats like Gardevoir, Alolan Raichu, and other Pokemon that are withered down. Moreover, it can take advantage of Tailwind to tear through the opposing team.

Item: Heavy Duty Boots
| Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD | Nature: Bold | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Scald
\ Roost
\ U-turn
\ Defog

The first Pokemon on the team is Pelipper. Heavy Duty Boots gives it more longevity in the match, therefore giving more opportunities to the rain sweepers. Roost furthermore improves that aspect. With U-turn, it brings in an offensive Pokemon without them suffering unnecessary damage. It is able to remove hazards with Defog, which prevents the team from being easily withered down. Drizzle allows its teammate to abuse their Swift Swim ability, and increase the power of their Water-type STAB. This set could be replaced by a Choice Specs set to further increase the offensive pressure of the team, however I opted for the bulky set for greater reliability.

Item: Life Orb
| Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Modest | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Stealth Rock
\ Hydro Pump
\ Earth Power
\ Focus Blast

The next Pokemon is Seismitoad, which is the Electric immunity and hazard setter of the team. Focus Blast is selected as its coverage move because it helps breakdown Ferrothorn, while hitting pokemon like Hydreigon and Kyurem-Black. It's offensive stats allow it to either sweep the opponent or break holes into their team, allowing its teammates to clean up. As it has Life Orb, its effectiveness in the match will be put on a timer. It is important to not switch it in recklessly and not waste moves.

Item: Metronome
| Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Modest | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Hydro Pump
\ Hurricane
\ Roost
\ Tailwind

Mantine is the other rain sweeper of the team. I gave it Metronome to abuse the fact that Mantine relies on abusing its STAB attacks. Roost allows it to recover at the end of the rain, and come back in and sweep later in the game. Its natural bulk will help it handle Pokemon like Gardevoir which can be huge threats for the team. Instead of Surf, I decided to run Hydro Pump because Mantine will not have the longevity it does in OU matches. Furthermore, greater power is useful to take down Pokemon like Corviknight. However, Surf can be used for more reliability. As for Tailwind, it would either continue Mantine's pressure at the end of rain, or help Crawdaunt.

Item: Leftovers
| Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Timid | IVs: 0 Atk
\ Secret Sword
\ Calm Mind
\ Taunt

Keldeo helps the team by breaking down bulky Pokemon like Toxapex and handling the Steel-type core of Aegislash and Ferrothorn. It accomplishes this breaking with Calm Mind in conjunction with Taunt. As for offensive attacks, I have tried out Aura Sphere and Focus Blast instead of Secret Sword. While they provide more useful against Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Water Absorb Seismitoad, I personally prefer running Secret Sword because of the lack of physical attacks on this team.

Item: Eject Button
| Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD | Nature: Bold | IVs: 0 Atk
\ Recover
\ Haze
\ Toxic

Toxapex with Eject button allows the safe switch in of a rain sweeper at any point of the game. For example, it can come in on a Freeze Dry from Alolan Ninetales. Besides this, it can absorb status moves and take hits from the opponent. It can be used to stall out a threat and wither them down with Toxic. With Haze, it prevents the opponent, like Kyurem-Black, from setting up and sweeping the entire team.

Item: Choice Band
| Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Adamant
Moves: Crabhammer
\ Knock Off
\ Aqua Jet
\ Close Combat

Crawdaunt is the physical attacker and priority user of the team. A Choice Band, Adaptability boosted Aqua Jet hits incredibly hard, and is even stronger under rain. This allows it to eliminate fast threats that are withered down. It can clean up late game after the sweepers have greatly damaged the entire opposing team. Moreover, it can break during the game by coming in on slower Pokemon. With Tailwind from Mantine, it can also sweep for a few turns. I found it necessary for the team as it can easily be overwhelmed by revenge killers. Also, it provides the team with a Psychic-type immunity, which prevents Pokemon like Gardevoir and Indeedee using their Psychic-type STAB without worry.

- The Ice-type matchup is one of the most difficult by far, despite Keldeo being on the team. Alolan Ninetales is a huge threat to the team because of Freeze Dry, its ability to change the weather, and Aurora Veil. With Freeze Dry, it is able to OHKO more than half the team and its speed tier makes it faster than the whole team, bar the Swift Swim users under rain. Moreover, Aurora Veil makes it harder for the sweepers to break through Alolan Ninetales' teammates. Kyurem-Black can completely destroy the entire team if it gets a Dragon Dance up, as it has strong moves like Fusion Bolt and Outrage. There's also the rare Freeze Dry mixed set.

- The Psychic-type matchup is also very difficult for this team. With Trace, Gardevoir can copy a Swift Swim users ability and reverse sweep the entire team if the correct conditions are met. These conditions are that it is not damaged enough to be killed by Aqua Jet, Toxapex or Crawdaunt are knocked out, and Mantine is greatly weakened. With Specs, Indeedee can OHKO or greatly damage every Pokemon on the team. Crawdaunt prevents it from mindlessly clicking Psychic but Psychic Terrain makes it difficult for Crawdaunt to revenge kill. Celebi is able to wall everything besides Mantine, which makes it very frustrating for this team to beat. Hatterene can also revenge kill the entire team after setting up a Trick Room.

- The Dragon matchup is another very hard one. As mentioned before, Kyurem-Black can completely destroy the team. As for Duraludon, its easily gets kills with Thunderbolt and Draco Meteor. Dragapult's great typing makes it difficult to kill and like Duraludon, it can potentially get a kill every time it attacks. Likewise, Hydreigon can nuke a member of the team if it comes in on something like Crawdaunt or Pelipper.

- The Electric-type matchup is completely awful for this team. First of all, the offensive Pokemon of the team can outspeed everything on the team thanks to Sticky Web or Surge Surfer. Also, Morpeko can increase its speed with Aura Wheel or Rapid Spin, and has Seed Bomb for Seismitoad. Both Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Wash are incredibly difficult to kill and are easily able to break through the team or wither it down.
- These Pokemon have been listed before, but they also make the Fairy-type matchup difficult.

- Heliolisk outspeeds everything on the team, besides the rain sweepers under rain, and can OHKO them with Electric-type STAB or Grass Knot for Seismitoad. Also, it can't be revenge killed by Aqua Jet. Ditto can copy a sweeper or a set up Keldeo and reverse sweep. Indeedee and Obstagoon break through the team very easily.

- In general, the Grass-type matchup is difficult despite Mantine. Appletun and Ferrothorn are Pokemon that can wall and wither down the offensive Pokemon. As for Whimsicott + Venusaur, they can make the weather change and completely overwhelm the team with Growth Chlorophyll.

- For the Ghost-type matchup, there are many Pokemon that present great offensive pressure and can be very difficult to kill. Jellicent easily walls the entire team, while Dragapult and Aegislash break through everything. As for Polteageist, it can sweep after a Shell Smash if rain is eliminated. It can do this easily if it or Gengar get the Cursed Body.

- For the Steel-type matchup, Aegislash can get a kill every time it attacks. As for Ferrothorn and Corviknight, they can stall out the sweepers. Bisharp can take advantage of all the hazards set up, and residual damage inflicted to sweep the rather frail team.

- As for the Water-type matchup, there are a few Pokemon that can stall out the team. Rotom-Wash is very difficult to kill for the team, as is Toxapex. Pelipper can be a troublesome wall, but also a threat with Choice Specs. However, it helps the team by setting up rain.

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Mantine @ Metronome
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Overall, this is a rather standard rain team that mixes the offensive capabilities of Swim Swift abusers and Tailwind, while still having a defensive backbone with Toxapex and Pelipper. This team is able to overwhelm many types in the metagame, but needs to be played carefully as the tides can easily be turned on it. There's a lot of room to modify this team to either beat certain matchups, or increase the offensive presence of it. I've had a lot of fun using it and its variants. Within the metagame, I'd say it is a competent team that can perform well in tournaments and can help climb the ladder. Nonetheless, it is a risky choice that needs to be played carefully and has to avoid difficult matchups like Ice and Dragon.

I was first introduced to PS by a friend who wanted to play against me. After making my account at that time, I'd only log on every few months to do a few Monotype or OU ladder battles, and the occasional Randbats whenever I was in the mood to play Pokemon, but didn't have the time or energy to start another rom hack. It was only a light past time, and served that purpose for about 2 and a half years. I never thought I'd take it seriously, be a moderator in a room, be on the QC team or meet so many great friends. If it weren't for randomly being recruited to Alliance by Alliance~Nosam, yes the unfortunate side server league past, I probably never would've gotten so involved. I've had so many fond memories over the years, and bad ones too ofc. It's been great to see myself evolve over the years. From losing to Ground with Ludicolo rain in ORAS, to having the cringe moniker of Prince of Atlantis, to becoming a "Monothreat stable" in team tours. I even got to win an individual tour, although in a undesirable fashion. I'm someone who gets really into something quickly and intensely, but move on just as easily. So its been such a shock that I've managed to maintain my interest and passion for this site for all these years. I've definitely had my moments where I hated playing and felt completely burned out. The one thing brings me back every time, and makes me want to play and contribute is all the wonderful people I've met throughout the years. It'd be such a shame to lose contact with great people who have been a legitimate presence in my life for so long. I feel like it's only appropriate to thank every single person who has been a positive presence in my 4 years, even if you guys don't come around anymore or we don't talk at all anymore. I honestly can't tell if I'll be quitting this site in a few months or a few years. Every time I feel done, I get rejuvenated with a new desire to do well. So regardless of this, its been a great ride and cant wait to see what's to come!

Now, I'd like to thank every single person that has made this past 4 years a great experience. Thank you all for these great times!

Going to be classifying people by the group I think they fit most with.

Waszap You're a rat, snake, monkey, dog, or whatever other animal I've called you or will call you in the future. In all seriousness tho, you are my best and closest friend on this site. Out of anyone, I know I can trust you with anything. I know that if someone is trying to say shit behind my back, or is planning something to "hurt me", you'll always tell me regardless of how it can affect you. I can also never worry about sharing something with you because I know you won't rat me out. Even though you can be clowning me, you are a really nice person who is always ready to help me with whatever I need. I really appreciate everything you've done for me over the past four years. Managing Canada with you was fun, despite being a rollercoaster experience. Also, you are just someone who understands me really well. Whether be my attitude or just my tastes (even tho you roast my tastes in guys smh), you just seem to get me. Thanks for recommending me fire stuff like my hero and black clover. Overall, I think we are just really compatible as friends and I'm really glad I met you. Definitely someone I'd want to keep in touch with even after I'm done with this site. Thanks for being the realest friend during these past years! You're still a toxic rat tho, better put me as #1 in your next RMT unlike the last one monkey. Also, ofc the best user I meet is a fellow Canadian.

Brandon A friend I only got to know recently, but without a doubt of the nicest people on the website, almost too nice honestly. I can't thank you enough for everything you did for me over the past few months. Talking with you was great, and really helped me work things out and just in general have a great time. My long, dull commutes from my internship or my boring days felt a lot shorter thanks to you keeping me company. No matter how annoying I felt I was being, you were always there to hang with and pick me up. Everyone needs a positive presence like you in their lives. While I'm a rather reserved person in general, you did manage to get me somewhat out of my shell rather quickly which is another testament to how good you are. Besides all my praising, its nice having to talk about more personal things that I can't with straight friends. You're an amazing friend and human being. Once again, thank you so so much for everything, and sorry for being so annoying! Hope we can keep in touch for a long time, tho I been slacking with how overwhelming school has been.

Attribute One of the friends I've been the closest to for the longest time. You helped me a lot with improving at the game back during the AB days, and even now you help me with OU. I remember when we first met, I thought you were so much older than you are because you were so mature. I saw you as one of the wisest people I met on the site. When I learned your actual age I was super shocked. Of course, nowadays your maturity has been on the decline as you descend into headassery lmao. Nonetheless, you're a good friend who has been with me for a long time and we've had some great chats about mons or completely unrelated topics. You've made me laugh a lot over the years. Managing MWP with you was a really fun experience! Thanks for defending me over the years as well.

Izaya One of my closest friends on the site. We were pretty close before you quit, but when you came back we def got closer (not only geographically lmao). It has been really nice to talk to you about irl stuff. You're a really funny guy and a good person. Hope everything goes great for you. I appreciate all our talks!

Ticken A really good person who has helped me so much when I was newer and with my Monothreat prep during tournaments. If it weren't for your support, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am. You are also very patient and listen to my rants after some bad tour games, and help me get over it. I've appreciate your support and friendship over the years. You also help me by making art things I need or give suggestions on how to improve the ones someone else is making. Thanks for being a great friend over these years!

- Void -

TheAveng92R One of the first people I met on PS, and the only one from the Alliance days who I'm still in actively talking to. I can't believe we've known each other for over 4 years. I remember you not really being fond of me when I first joined Alliance. I can't remember exactly what you said, but you were opposed to my joining. However, that changed really quickly and you tried to help me a lot and became a really good friend. There was a period of time where we were more distant because a difference in mentality, but when it came down to it you were a good friend. You're another person that really supported me when I needed it. Thank you so much for listening to me, trying to help and giving me advice that I needed to hear! You're a great guy and I hope you take your own advice too! I really appreciate everything, and thanks for being a good friend for so long.

zugubu royale Another old af friend. You are really funny, when I take my PS breaks I definitely miss seeing your polls. Also a really nice guy, even though that's not the impression you've given most of the site. Please control your anger LMAO, I'd hate to see you get banned when you are doing so great.

Confluxx man I hated you when I first met you, you were so cocky and rude. I'm glad I got reintroduced to you under the Ice Tray alt, even though I wasn't too fond of that persona either LOL. Getting to know the real you, I see that you are really nice and chill. Definitely a great friend that I'm glad I met.

Chaitanya Another friend that I've had a lot of good laughs with. Thanks for all the good music recommendations, and all the good chats about whatever. Also ty for passing all those teams n.n

Feitan the steam Another person who I got off the wrong foot with. We definitely had issues at first, but those quickly went away after getting to know each other. Super nice guy, and another kind team passer n.n

Brisked I've really been impressed with how much you've matured recently. You went from the kinda annoying kid that would get triggered easily by so much and just frustrate me, to being mature and having serious conversations. You're a good guy and I've enjoyed all the time we've spent together from Arbiter to now.

iLlama I totally ripped off your 1k RMT format btw LOL. Really fun guy that I've known for a long time, unfortunate that you aren't as active anymore but good on you for escaping!

Nailec Super nice user and always manages to shock me when you roast someone. Haven't gotten to know each other too much, but it has been good time so far.

Other void users I've had good times with over the years: Trichotomy Its Choco Bitch average fella Aparctias Mazrou3i Racist Chansey
Sorry for no longer s/o but getting burned out, and don't know some of you too well. Nonetheless, we've had great conversations and you're all cool people that I'm glad I met. I have a lot of memories involving you guys.

- Monotype Auth Discord -

Eien I remember seeing you in your Phoenix Eien days and hearing so many negative things about you. Your rise from room regular to room owner was definitely something inspirational. Monotype is lucky to have someone so dedicated and passionate leading the tier, it wouldn't have gotten to where it is without that. Really funny person, despite the bully rep !! I also appreciate the fact that even if we argue about something, we can go back to laughing immediately.

Moosical Thank you so much for all the great art stuff, and putting up with my requests and lack of decisiveness n.n. I'm pretty sure you are the one who nominated me for voice, so I can partly attribute this whole part of my experience to you. Like Ticken you've listened to my rants, and we've also had good conversations about TV shows or other stuff. Just a general fun presence in auth hangout too.

Decem The biggest 180 turn of the century. You went from that super cringe, annoying kid during AB (well I exaggerate, far from the worst of that lot lol), to a more mature person who is a monotype RO. You are really nice but gotta learn to be more mean, don't be so fragile smh. Thanks for always being ready for test battles! Anyways, fun and nice user that I'm glad I got to see from their "start" to now. Stop biting the hand that fed you tho!!

Tyke Doesn't use the chat much anymore, but we had a lot of fun together back in the day. I remember when we were on the same MWP team and we chatted for a really long time.

LuckyPiper Really fun user to make fun of, especially since you can actually take a joke. You're a hilarious guy and i've enjoyed our convos so far.

Mateeus Bird boy really went from a total meme to monotype staff wtf....you're funny, and not just because you give us something to laugh at. Also thank you for accepting all my test battles n.n

MetaRiolu7 I see you being similar to Attribute when I first met him, as in you are a lot more mature than users of your age usually are. You are a fun presence and really nice, always ready to help me test teams and what not.

Wyn These are getting really redundant, but such a nice and funny user ;w;

StarBlim Hope you haven't worn out that treadmill

Misaka Mikoto The user that "kickstarted" my PS career by getting me in MPL3 alongside Balto, and put me in Monothreat. I gotta thank you for giving me that chance, even tho I often joke with others than you "ruined me" by making me a "threat main." You've got me to laugh a lot but also have completely horrified me with some of the things you say LMAO. I do miss you not being active anymore tho!

Other users: Bondie Acast Paleo Vid Fírnen Jolly Togekiss ^-^ SirSkit Tapo Collino Perish Song Havens 1 True Lycan 6ti Ridley Azelea Zar Wanka Fylkir Pudin Sae Omega-Xis Harpp terrors czim Guwahavel Haaku. Quantum Tesseract
Again, sorry for not having individual s/os but this is getting really long and I'm just repeating myself for the most part. I've had my differences with some of you, and no issues at all with others, but at the end of the day I've had some real enjoyable conversations with everyone.

The auth discord is definitely one of my favourite places, and one of the main reasons I didnt delete my discord when I took a break. I couldn't part from the fun, and completely insane conversations we've had in there.

- Gengar's Discord -

dahli fellow monotype gays TL, all the stories you tell about your life are literally INSANE LMAO. Just when I think you can't get any wilder you prove me wrong. Also please learn how to tell time. Despite your lack of intelligence, you have a heightened taste in music and tv shows. Really enjoy our talks, you are really funny!

H.M.N.I.P I don't know how you manage to randomly integrate so well into our community, but I think its just more proof of how friendly of a person you are. Talking with you is always a good time, definitely one of the nicest people I've met on PS, but also amongst the dumbest!

Kaiser I had a really bad impression of you when I was new, based on the stories I was told and the way I saw you act. However, once I got to know you through discord I realized you are a really nice guy with great morals. I'm always impressed with your wokeness. I don't know if that's the kind of person you were when your reputation became what it is, but if it was you definitely changed from that. I always enjoy our chats about shows, or whatever really. Also, you've always been a great help when it comes to OU prep, like during my 2018 OST run or getting into this gen, as well as mono suggestions during Mono Cup and MLT. Hope to see you freed one day!

- Arbiter -

ArkenCiel I haven't talked to you in a while, but you were a good friend for a long time. When I was new you were one of the players I looked up to the most. You're a really nice guy, who has such a relaxed attitude about everything. I'm really impressed by how you manage to brush off all the negativity directed towards you. We had a lot of fun during my time in arbiter.

Jahkem Was torn between including you in the Alliance section or the Arbiter one, but I felt this one fit you better. Like Avenn, you are one of the only people I've known since day 1. Also, you were the person who immediately tried to help me and supported me a lot during those early days. I appreciate how much dedication you had in seeing me succeed even tho you gave me these hard af tests. It's your friendship, among others, that encouraged me to keep using the site during the early days. You continued being a good friend for years after that despite us not really talking anymore. Thanks for everything, and all the great laughs !

Gratify The first person I saw as a "best ps friend" or in cringe terms "rival". We had so many laughs back in the day, whether it be HAT, AB, Arbiter or anything else. You always managed to entertain me. Competing with you was so fun and really drove me to improve myself. I definitely missed you after you quit.

Ferno While it was difficult to forgive you, you're completely insane and make me laugh a lot. I've appreciated your strong personality.

Arlaxeon One of my good friends from back then, really enjoyed joking around and playing with you

Zenji - I thought this was your smogon but idk anymore? Anyways you're hilarious and I feel like laughing just by remembering all the crazy convos from back then. Definitely miss talking to you.

Adalind / Sora - I cant seem to find your smogon either, but yeah another one of my greatest friends from the Arbiter days. We had a lot of fun back then and I miss you being around!

jiggle - oml why can't I find anyone's smogon, tho tbf I doubt any of you are every logging on lmao. Anyways, such a wholesome user, I love catching up with you when you log on, even tho we always have the same conversation. We've had a lot of fun and being MPL3 teammates was really fun.

Neski - Like Arken, I admired you so much as a player when I was new. I think it's a huge loss that you didn't get invested in tournaments, tho I understand why. I have to thank you because its your words of encouragement that made me continue using the site when I was about to quit really early on. I still remember that conversation to this day. You told me that when you first met me you thought I was the worst player you've ever seen, but now you saw me as someone with great potential. That had really lifted my spirits and made me believe in myself. I was ready to stop playing Pokemon even tho I had the desire to do so much more, but you gave me that push which brought me where I am today. On another side, it could be seen as a bad thing since I've wasted so much time on this site, but its thanks to you that I developed all these great friendships.

I'm Roy - Oh god did we hate each other back then. Honestly not even sure if you were in arbiter at the same time but I just remember having beef LOL. Glad we put that aside and enjoy our catching up conversations. You're a wild one !!

MCVPodge - ok lmao I literally cant find anyones discord. Anyways ur a total weirdo, but hilarious. I've enjoyed all our talks throughout the years.

Viktria - Really great user that I had so much fun talking to back then.

Dom - now here's a real clown lmao, please stop talking loud you are bad at this game! But when it comes down to it you're a good friend, and so nice with all your messages on special days

Other arbiter ppl: Nefertum Hazey Endal nomadderwhat Mystletainn lee, sazh, kant, kyo, yin, monophy, kammi, Argus2Spooky, .... probably more people but my memory has gotten so bad
Again, cant give everyone individual ones since I wasn't as close with all of you but I had a great time with all of you guys. It's a shame my whole experience with the arbiter gang, who at the time were my closest friends on ps, ended so abruptly but it was probably for the best because we did have different mentalities on a bunch of things. Nonetheless, I do miss our fun chats in the room, the discord or on kik.

- Imperium -

maroon Oh boy have we had issues throughout the years LOL. Despite that, I'm glad we've managed to put it all away and be civil with one another. It's nice to talk about TV shows and music with you, because we have pretty similar taste when it comes to those things.

Ssalbap Ah the inferior Kevin. I used to get so confused because of you since people would say stuff about Kevin and I'd be like "I never said/did this??" Especially when they'd bring up stuff about kpop since I was a fan back then. A really funny person, that I do enjoy beating at randbats (ignore the fact that you always get the first 5-0). Can't wait to go get boba pizza with boba fries and boba pancakes which we'll wash down with boba cola as we watch the Jvcki Wai concert.

Clearly A lot of respect for you as a player, every since we teamed up in MPL3 and MWP1, I've been a big fan. Really cool and nice guy too.

Seo. Biggest clown I've ever met LOL jk You make me laugh so much, thanks for that bro. I've known you for so many years I don't even remember when we first met. Regardless of that, you've always made me laugh. I can literally think of so much stupid shit you've said over the years LMAO. You really said carton milk has hemorrhoids. You're a great guy and I love teasing you. Best of luck in your tiktok career, you're gonna need it.

GL Volkner Volknerd sucks. You're a total loser but a funny one. Glad I met you!

Hammy You helped me so much when I was still getting started and I really appreciate that. You gave me a chance and became a really good friend. I had a lot of fun joking around with you back then!

Other people (because this room has way too many people): xZeno, Drakner, Balto, chakra, Jo'Z, rnbs, iEntei, Catalystic Maskun Stoward Sabella Cam DemonBldz dhaarma DugZa Floss ima Jyph K3ppr North power SectoniaServant Splash roman truedrew Zesty43 Alkione Jytcampbell GotCookies Jase Duken Oberyn Seager Xiri Hys Nexecutioner Anttya Dak Prescott Zukushiku EricSaysHi RAP Yogurt
taranteeeno
And probably a lot more people that I can't think of right now, I'm sorry if we communicated a bit and I forgot you!
Anyways, all fun people that I've enjoyed conversations with, or playing games like uno and mafia with. Especially mafia, those times were really fun.

- Alliance -

akaFila I don't think we've talked in like 3 years lol, but definitely need to thank you for all the help when I was new. I wouldn't have even made my smogon account when I did if it weren't for you introducing me to core ladder challenges.

Apples - Another user that helped me during my early days.

Other friends from that time: Calucha , Grace, etc... my memory is really fading damn

- AB -

Icarus, KGB, Syndra, Snow, etc... I've met so many ppl during AB it's hard to remember everyone

- The Nest -

Don't really talk in this discord much, so not too close with everyone but I do enjoy the fun conversations in there and the music drops I see. You're all really cool people!

Other people that I've met, but don't really fit into these groups: EviGaro Jrdn Eternally rozes banks Yoshi GW Rabia quziel Disjunction Slide Dangerous Racool TJ Mannat Shiba Feliburn Ark Toadow Sacri' cb aaron judge KuraiTenshi26 Dondyxd Juuno avarice
Plas
All great people that I've gotten to know from teaming with or just randomly met and have had some good conversations with or did a lot of testing with

---

Overall, just a great thank you to every single person that has positively influenced my 4 years on Smogon. They haven't been easy, but its been a lot better thanks to all of you. I wish I could thank people better but I cant really think of anything besides the same things for everyone. I really hope I didnt miss anyone, but I think I did get every main person from over the years. If I did forget you tho I apologize! It's not that you aren't important just I wrote this entire RMT in one day and I'm burned out and my fingers are cramped af. Anyways a final thank you to everyone! I hope we have more great years together!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)