[on site] Little Cup EV Training Guide

I do not know, this was brought up on #littlecup earlier today and... Without Power Items (and without Serebii's easily searchable encounter level thing which only exists for the 4th gen) it is a lot harder to be totally sure. I can check specific spreads without massive difficulty, and prove that they are possible, but its hard to be totally sure that a spread is impossible because I may have missed a Pokemon to train against that is hidden away somewhere (it seems the best Pokemon to EV train HP against is Lv. 5 Mirage Island Wynaut >_>).

I would not be surprised if a few odd spreads were indeed impossible in the 3rd Gen, but the vast majority should be. Not sure of the best way to handle this when ADV LC becomes a played metagame, having something like the illegal IV spread checker for EV spreads.. I think in this case it would be absolutely horrible to program, and only affect things in a tiny minority of cases.
This is kind of interesting to me, so I'm going to spend a little time researching it. I don't think you need to worry about the "few odd spreads" at all. The 252/252 spreads are the worst case, so if you can prove those are possible you're done. It shouldn't be too hard... Just gotta look at the various low level pokemon available in each game and see what EVs they give. There are guides on gamefaqs that show locations/levels.

For what it's worth, it looks like there are level 3 Caterpie in the Viridian forest in FR/LG, so getting to Mirage Island shouldn't be necessary for HP EV training. :)

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The main complications that come about in the 3rd gen are due to that fact that you can't use Power Items, so each stat training is different in each game. If you use training locations from mixed games it gives you problems because traded Pokemon gain more EXP. You would need to find a different very low EXP training site for each stat, all on one game (or use secret base I guess, but hatching at Lv. 5 makes it hard to be perfect). Still if you want to take a look it would be great.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have researched and added the last section, sorry about the delay. I am going to go over the whole thing to try and catch any last mistakes in the info/see if I can use better examples, after that and a last grammar check I think this is done.

Let LC Wi-Fi commence! (I'll ask Swinub to post his great LC breeding guide if that helps)

Edit: Did another checkthrough, fixed quite a few things. Gen is HTMLiseing this tomorrow, so if anyone wants to get any last fixes in please do so asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)