One Piece (spoilers!)

Fat Batman was right in front of them, do you really think Luffy would pay attention to anything else in that situation?
Yea but, in the example of his "future sight" haki activating when he landed, there was a literal fight happening right in front of him affecting his ship.

I find it hard to believe that that fight would have any less of his attention than fat batman in the other situation (especially since in the former he was alone and in the latter he had zoro next to him)

Tobes

我はメシアなり! ハッッハッハッハッ
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Can't tell if this sumo guy is going to be a Wapol-tier heel or is going to get a redemption arc at some point

caught up recently from Punk Hazard

Whole Cake Island was probably one of my favorite arcs in the series, I think splitting up the crew was a good move. Dressrosa still had some great high points but it felt like it was trying to juggle too many things at once, with 10 Strawhats + several important arc-specific characters on their side. Whole Cake did that much better with the sorta-exception of Sanji himself, he didn't really see much in the way of combat (and this was after he didn't have a big fight in Dressrosa either). Doing an arc where they don't outright fight Big Mom was probably the best way to ease into the Yonkou without it being too much of a jump in power levels.

also I love how Caesar went from a major villain to prisoner/gag material for 2 straight arcs and how Brulee was basically just used as a powerup for team Strawhats

brightobject

jesonghamnida u fucking idiots
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
why is wano so freaking boring

e: and why do the gifters have such horrible designs

oda what r u doing my man

Kalalokki

Effect of very good symmetry on diamond sparkle
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I liked the whole premise of Luffy being thrown in to the whole infiltration process that his other teammates had already been underway at for quite some time, and then just blowing their cover real quick. The whole deal with oppressive rulers that leave their citizens in the dust isn't that interesting sure, and the gifters are not that interesting design wise so far. I guess I'm just a simple man, I see some awesome stuff happening and I'm sold.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm hoping this is similar to the Zou arc which started (and ended) similarly slow. Luffy always needs a reason to fight in an arc - this would have been the first time he's just rolling in mainly to take out a powerful enemy. Now that he's seen the state of the citizen's of wano he has a real reason to take down Kaidou.... hopefully the arc picks up for real now.

brightobject

is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
the pacing leading up to the time time fruit reveal is sso bad, the reveal was such a cool story gimmick but it had like 0 story impact on me wtf oda u culd have cut out a bunch of boring shit from before to build up to this

the pacing leading up to the time time fruit reveal is sso bad, the reveal was such a cool story gimmick but it had like 0 story impact on me wtf oda u culd have cut out a bunch of boring shit from before to build up to this
it wasnt bad, if anything it was the best way to introduce this concept into one piece. traveling into time and the past has ruined so many animes before and oda has done it the quickest and most effective way possible. its actually good thing that it had 0 impact on the story because if it did it would have became a mess .The result would be REALLY BAD for one piece IF IT HAD IMPACT just like many manga and anime that has fallen due to plot holes being created with time travelling etc. yet again oda has shown why hes a step ahead of most authors when it comes to implementing complex concepts like time and what not.
the "boring shit" was necessary, there's no point in rushing it.

brightobject

i dont mean impact story wise, i meant actually building up to it in terms of the information we had on wano / kuri et cetera. There was like maybe 5 oblique hints regarding them being from the past which no one gave a shit about. instead we were prancing around with a bunch of jobber gifters who we know dont amount to shit for like 20 chapters, the only exciting moments were when basil and law met up / basil and zoro/luffy

to clarify: no one semed to really care about the past prior to kaidou setting up shop- thus we dont care, and the fact that they are from the past means literally 0. which is way worse than it bending the plot to some extent. obviously it will factor in at some point later but as of now its literally just a "gotcha!"

Tobes

我はメシアなり! ハッッハッハッハッ
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Five bucks says Orochi somehow got his hands on the Toki-Toki no Mi and is a swordsman, so Zoro's going to fucking move through stopped time to cut him

so kaido is indeed a dragon,
i mean it was expected by so many but its cool that we get to see him

Five bucks says Orochi somehow got his hands on the Toki-Toki no Mi and is a swordsman, so Zoro's going to fucking move through stopped time to cut him
its impossible for zoro to move through stopped time, that would imply hes the fastest character in all of one piece which he isnt lol

brightobject

i dont see why the toki toki no mi would be able to stop time when all we've seen it do is move forward in time (And we've been told moving backwards in time is impossible) at most i could see a user using it to teleport unexpectedly to ambush ppl, and maybe zoro using observation haki to counter it

Deck Knight

Seize Your Doom
is a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Luffy bit off more than he could chew. I'm looking forward to Kaido's villain speech in the next chapter. Law will probably have to save Luffy again.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh oh oh oh ok. I like this set up with the acts. So we all saw Kidd meeting up with Luffy. But I guess Franky is going to fashion seastone weapons now - good way to have him fight logias w/o just another buso haki user!!

Coronis

N'Cha!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh oh oh oh ok. I like this set up with the acts. So we all saw Kidd meeting up with Luffy. But I guess Franky is going to fashion seastone weapons now - good way to have him fight logias w/o just another buso haki user!!
Interesting, didn’t even think about that. Loving Wano unsurprisingly, rip Robin tho. Wonder if we’re going back to the Reverie for a few chapters?

I see that the Wano arc is divided into separate acts, huh? I wonder how many sections we'll get. I hope it doesn't take as long as Whole Cake or Dressrosa, though. Those arcs took about about two to three years each.

Squawkerz

Torchic is best mon
The act setup is similar to traditional japanese plays, especially with this chapter's title being a reference to that. The act 1 of a japanese play is slow and introduces the characters and plot (From the start of the Wano Arc until where we are now). Acts 2-4 speed the plot up with major battles in the 2nd and 4th acts, and a big moment in the 3rd act. The 5th act is fast and a satisfying conclusion. This play like structure could lead to an intermission of sorts, like possibly going back to the Reverie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)