One Piece (spoilers!)

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
some of the best chapters are gonna be coming up soon too, we should be getting hints on what's at raftel and maybe learn more about rogers crew and roger himself.

A lot of stuff has happened during the Wano Kingdom arc so far. I just hope the anime doesn't slow it down even further like Dressrosa did, as I can only shudder from what I've seen of that.

A lot of stuff has happened during the Wano Kingdom arc so far. I just hope the anime doesn't slow it down even further like Dressrosa did, as I can only shudder from what I've seen of that.
Why can't they do it like Kimetsu no Yaiba anime with few fillers? One Piece's anime pacing has given it a bad reputation.

the last few chapters blew my mind with filling up the massive world of one piece, so many details and so much info to keep reddit busy even in the 3 week break we will now have, and it feels like today's chapter was the finale and by god it hit hard. i feel like from next chapter on we'll see oden return to wano and orochi and kaido killing him off, toki sending the others to the future, and us maybe discovering that toki died cos using her power on others(and so many at that) is much more draining than using for herself.

i've heard the usopp-like disease name that buggy had was just translators putting in by themselves and it might have been an actual illness(crocus was there, and shanks stayed behind with buggy). would be weird if it's just buggy pretending, cos they've sailed for a long ass time and everyone knows each other and would call buggy's bluff, and idt buggy would grow cold feet here. so shanks and buggy made it almost all the way, but don't know what one piece really is. maybe buggy and luffy will go there together and buggy will have an emotional moment. also arctic vs antartic goes all the way back to chapter 19, cool callback shanks and buggy maybe never resolved this (tho in chapter 19 the crew seems so skeptical of devil fruits even being real so im confused)

i think almost everyone believes that what roger discovered made him laugh just cos he can't do anything with it, since he'll be dying very soon. maybe they just found the irony hilarious, that they made it to the place but with no further time left, and thus simply kickstarted the pirate golden age.

i read some comments on reddit pointing out that maybe they all laughed because of their interpretation of one piece, calling back to when rayleigh said to the strawhats that maybe they'll come to a different conclusion than roger's crew. will be very interesting to see the seemingly ambiguous nature of one piece, considering that nobody prolly knew much about the history of the world on roger's crew, while luffy has robin to help get a proper understanding

a few things for which im excited:
- does oden go to whitebeard first, and then to wano with whitebeard, or does roger drop him off at wano
- is kaido already at wano when oden arrives(maybe the answer is already in the timeline and i've forgotten if there's still some time before oden dies?)
- how do whitebeard's and roger's crew react when they find out about oden's death, if they do ever find out
- if they don't find out about kaido killing oden, whitebeard still would've thought of once again meeting oden, so he still would've somehow discovered, so im guessing he would've gone to kill kaido for sure - is this where big mom's debt comes in?

edit: also i wonder if oden choosing to go with roger instead of returning to wano will play a big role in the usurping, like why some of the population is happy under orochi's rule(they can't all be just corrupt/bad people, the general public in main towns seems to be content), and maybe if whoever the spy is among the revolutionaries, did they betray oden because of this

Last edited:
a few things for which im excited:
- does oden go to whitebeard first, and then to wano with whitebeard, or does roger drop him off at wano
- is kaido already at wano when oden arrives(maybe the answer is already in the timeline and i've forgotten if there's still some time before oden dies?)
- how do whitebeard's and roger's crew react when they find out about oden's death, if they do ever find out
- if they don't find out about kaido killing oden, whitebeard still would've thought of once again meeting oden, so he still would've somehow discovered, so im guessing he would've gone to kill kaido for sure - is this where big mom's debt comes in?
1) We saw the Roger pirates offering their help to him on the journey to Wano so I assume he didn't return to Whitebeard.

2) We are not told yet when Kaido set foot in Wano.

3) Since Wano is not affiliated with the WG, I guess they didn't find out until it's too late.
a) Roger surrendered to the Marines not long after while the rest already lived their own lives (Corcus with Laboon, Rayleigh with Shakky, Buggy and Shanks with their crew).
b) Whitebeard doesn't seem like the type to meddle in other country's political affairs. Attacking Wano will endanger members of his crew while leaving his territory unguarded.

4) Probably. I'm still thinking of 3b. With Ace, Whitebeard wanted Ace to succeed him so he attacked the Marines to rescue him. While he was fond of Oden,it doesn't make sense for him to risk his crew to go to Wano since there wasn't anyone to be rescued.

Coronis

N'Cha!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chapter 967, wow, just wow. Enjoying this part of the arc so so much. Also read a cool theory that Shanks is
Rocks D. Xebec’s son

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Laugh Tale."

I... don't even know what to do with this.

From what I can gather, it means whatever's on that island is a repository of incredible information. Why Roger and crew is laughing about it though, I'm not sure. Maybe it is literally a funny story. Which Joy Boy left around in One Piece. I mean, that'd be a ridiculous buildup to a punchline, but it'd be worth it because of the journey.

Is One Piece actually already this meta?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Laugh Tale."

I... don't even know what to do with this.

From what I can gather, it means whatever's on that island is a repository of incredible information. Why Roger and crew is laughing about it though, I'm not sure. Maybe it is literally a funny story. Which Joy Boy left around in One Piece. I mean, that'd be a ridiculous buildup to a punchline, but it'd be worth it because of the journey.

Is One Piece actually already this meta?
A theory if that the last Rio Poneglyph is there and thus the full "true history" but the reason why they were laughing is beause they couldn't do anything about it. They may have found out the history of the world and the key to all of the ancient weapons, but couldn't access them. Hints to this in the chapter are Shirahoshi's birth being after Roger's death. When the SHs met Rayleigh, he specifically mentioned being too early, and also that the SHs may meet a different conclusion - maybe the info is a bit ambiguous? But depending on the history, it could foreshadow the great earth-shaking war (unless that's Wano!!!)

If we really think about it, there seems to be a lot of similarities between Kanjuro and Sosuke Aizen from Bleach.

1) Both of them used the phrase , "The X that you know never existed."

2) We hardly know things about them except having an interest in arts.

3) Both of them betrayed a giant dog and a double-agent who has been biding his time.

Kinda seems like the worst twist in One Piece history. Even though the "traitor theory" was well documented, it could have been literally anyone if you just say "such an actor they would have died for their cause".
im sure there's lots more to kanjuro being the traitor than being a kurozumi and a method actor. what we learnt was just from orochi, and he isn't the brightest of lads out there, or the most perceiving of other people - he just found a man that he thought he can use, and understands only rudimentary reasons for kanjuro accepting to do the job i.e. kurozumi family and actor. he did say that it's creepy, and that's cos orochi himself doesn't fully understand why kanjuro agreed to do such a job

im interested to know when exactly kanjuro got his devil fruit. he used to sell brushes, so i imagine he was an artist and half-decent at drawing too, but inu said they didn't think kanjuro could draw. and a weird thing about this is that kinemon would at least know kanjuro is right handed, so why did he not question it when kanjuro drew everything with his left. or did he only start drawing after he got his devil fruit, cos i would assume orochi only met kanjuro after oden, and everyone was ok cos this artist drew with his left and did everything else with his right o.o

Chapter 975 is pretty good imo.

The spread of the three captains is a nice callback to SA many years ago. Luffy using Boundman seemed to hint at him being more proficient in Gear 4 now.

Just in case you forgot what happened about the "Meeting Place", I'll recap them here.

1) Originally, they were supposed to meet at Port Habu (Habu Minato in Japanese). Habu is a type of snake in Japanese.

2) Since Orochi found out about it, Yasuie added two lines to the snake drawing.

3) Kinemon explained that adding two lines to a snake means adding two pairs of legs making it a lizard. This means they have to gather at Port Tokage (Tokage Minato). This is because Tokage means lizard in Japanese.

4) Every other samurai in Wano however, interpreted it differently. They thought that adding two lines to a snake means you cut out its belly. This means that you "cut out the middle". Therefore, Habu Minato has been changed to Hato.

5) Hato means wharf in Japanese. Therefore, everyone else except Red Scabbards and SHs gathered at the wharf of Port Habu.

6) Denjirou praised Kinemon for misleading Orochi and his traitor.

7) Look at Kinemon's face at the end. It's hilarious.

Last edited:

Coronis

N'Cha!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chapter 975 is pretty good imo.

The spread of the three captains is a nice callback to SA many years ago. Luffy using Boundman seemed to hint at him being more proficient in Gear 4 now.

Just in case you forgot what happened about the "Meeting Place", I'll recap them here.

1) Originally, they were supposed to meet at Port Habu (Habu Minato in Japanese). Habu is a type of snake in Japanese.

2) Since Orochi found out about it, Yasuie added two lines to the snake drawing.

3) Kinemon explained that adding two lines to a snake means adding two pairs of legs making it a lizard. This means they have to gather at Port Tokage (Tokage Minato). This is because Tokage means lizard in Japanese.

4) Every other samurai in Wano however, interpreted it differently. They thought that adding two lines to a snake means you cut out its belly. This means that you "cut out the middle". Therefore, Habu Minato has been changed to Hato.

5) Hato means wharf in Japanese. Therefore, everyone else except Red Scabbards and SHs gathered at the wharf of Port Habu.

6) Denjirou praised Kinemon for misleading Orochi and his traitor.

7) Look at Kinemon's face at the end. It's hilarious.
Seems Kidd has his own boundman-esque form too, I’m just so effing keen for this fight to begin now.

Also Luffy wearing a coat finally is hype af

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)