Loving Oden so far.
Why can't they do it like Kimetsu no Yaiba anime with few fillers? One Piece's anime pacing has given it a bad reputation.A lot of stuff has happened during the Wano Kingdom arc so far. I just hope the anime doesn't slow it down even further like Dressrosa did, as I can only shudder from what I've seen of that.
1) We saw the Roger pirates offering their help to him on the journey to Wano so I assume he didn't return to Whitebeard.a few things for which im excited:
- does oden go to whitebeard first, and then to wano with whitebeard, or does roger drop him off at wano
- is kaido already at wano when oden arrives(maybe the answer is already in the timeline and i've forgotten if there's still some time before oden dies?)
- how do whitebeard's and roger's crew react when they find out about oden's death, if they do ever find out
- if they don't find out about kaido killing oden, whitebeard still would've thought of once again meeting oden, so he still would've somehow discovered, so im guessing he would've gone to kill kaido for sure - is this where big mom's debt comes in?
A theory if that the last Rio Poneglyph is there and thus the full "true history" but the reason why they were laughing is beause they couldn't do anything about it. They may have found out the history of the world and the key to all of the ancient weapons, but couldn't access them. Hints to this in the chapter are Shirahoshi's birth being after Roger's death. When the SHs met Rayleigh, he specifically mentioned being too early, and also that the SHs may meet a different conclusion - maybe the info is a bit ambiguous? But depending on the history, it could foreshadow the great earth-shaking war (unless that's Wano!!!)"Laugh Tale."
I... don't even know what to do with this.
From what I can gather, it means whatever's on that island is a repository of incredible information. Why Roger and crew is laughing about it though, I'm not sure. Maybe it is literally a funny story. Which Joy Boy left around in One Piece. I mean, that'd be a ridiculous buildup to a punchline, but it'd be worth it because of the journey.
Is One Piece actually already this meta?
im sure there's lots more to kanjuro being the traitor than being a kurozumi and a method actor. what we learnt was just from orochi, and he isn't the brightest of lads out there, or the most perceiving of other people - he just found a man that he thought he can use, and understands only rudimentary reasons for kanjuro accepting to do the job i.e. kurozumi family and actor. he did say that it's creepy, and that's cos orochi himself doesn't fully understand why kanjuro agreed to do such a jobKinda seems like the worst twist in One Piece history. Even though the "traitor theory" was well documented, it could have been literally anyone if you just say "such an actor they would have died for their cause".
Seems Kidd has his own boundman-esque form too, I’m just so effing keen for this fight to begin now.Chapter 975 is pretty good imo.
The spread of the three captains is a nice callback to SA many years ago. Luffy using Boundman seemed to hint at him being more proficient in Gear 4 now.
Just in case you forgot what happened about the "Meeting Place", I'll recap them here.
1) Originally, they were supposed to meet at Port Habu (Habu Minato in Japanese). Habu is a type of snake in Japanese.
2) Since Orochi found out about it, Yasuie added two lines to the snake drawing.
3) Kinemon explained that adding two lines to a snake means adding two pairs of legs making it a lizard. This means they have to gather at Port Tokage (Tokage Minato). This is because Tokage means lizard in Japanese.
4) Every other samurai in Wano however, interpreted it differently. They thought that adding two lines to a snake means you cut out its belly. This means that you "cut out the middle". Therefore, Habu Minato has been changed to Hato.
5) Hato means wharf in Japanese. Therefore, everyone else except Red Scabbards and SHs gathered at the wharf of Port Habu.
6) Denjirou praised Kinemon for misleading Orochi and his traitor.
7) Look at Kinemon's face at the end. It's hilarious.
Kanjuro hasSo Kanjuro is not just a traitor but also a racist. Their talking actually cost them as Kanjuro is able to draw a bird and uses some Cloud Ink Needle attack.
I hope Jinbei's monologue turns into a quality copypasta in the future.