Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
dungeons and dragons uses elements and such as well, and seem like many of the ones they have are probably elements as well.

The four Elemental Planes are the planes of Air, Fire, Water and Earth.

2nd edition also included the Para-Elemental and Quasi-Elemental Planes. The Para-Elemental Planes are produced where the Elemental Planes come into contact with each other: Smoke (Air and Fire), Ice (Air and Water), Ooze (Earth and Water), and Magma (Fire and Earth). The Quasi-Elemental Planes are produced where the Elemental Planes touch the Energy Planes: At the intersection of the Positive Energy Plane and the planes of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water are Lightning, Minerals, Radiance, and Steam respectively. Around the Negative Energy Planes are Vacuum, Dust, Ash, and Salt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Plane

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1.) Rock Rock (Iwa Iwa no Mi)
2.) Water Water (Mizu Mizu no Mi)
3.) Blood Blood (Chi Chi no Mi)
4.) Plant Plant (shokubutsu is what I'm getting but that's long lol)
5.) Air Air (Kuuki Kuuki no Mi)
6.) Wind Wind (combine 5 and 6 if too similar) (Kaze Kaze no Mi)
7.) Oil Oil (Sekiyu Sekiyu no Mi)
8.) Wood Wood (Moku Moku no Mi, from mokuton)
9.) Cloud Cloud (Kumo Kumo no Mi)
10.) Metal Metal (I was getting Kane, but I thought that was more bell, so tetsu tetsu? I know that is iron or steel though)
11.) Steam Steam (Jouki Jouki no Mi)
12.) Clay Clay (Nendo Nendo no Mi)
Hashirama Senju in One Piece, that'd be epid :D

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That power is gonna be so much fun lol. Logia users? No prob, just let me use DEVIL SHOWAAA!
My prediction is that Roger ate Mizu Mizu no Mi fruit which could explain why he was so powerful. He literally becomes the king of sea with that fruit power.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
If someone did have the Mizu Mizu no Mi (Water Water) fruit, then would they be able to swim? I feel like that would be able to swim, or at least manipulate the water around you, so that you don't need to swim.

I feel like a water water fruit is inherently a contradiction in the One Piece world and shouldn't really exist

edit: then again aokiji is essentially the same thing so what do I know

It could be possible.. Can Crocodile control all sand? We know Logias can create vast amounts of their elements so i'm not sure if we ever saw him controlling regular sand. If Logias can only control what they put out, then it is very plausible to see a water devil fruit. Sure, it would be strong but only against other devil fruits as water is not nearly as dangerous as fire, magma, lightning or even ice. And hell even against DF users i would still take magma and lightning.

Not as overpowered as you guys make it out to be. In Logia terms, it wouldn't even be overpowered. Not even a top 5 Logia really. As i still would take the Yami, Magu, Pika, Goro, Hie AND Meru over it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magellan and Mr.3 could both turn into their respective fruits. The key points Chou brought up (elsewhere) regarding Luffy is that he is solid AND he can't turn it off, so you're probably mostly on the ball regarding the permanence thing.
Yeah, though it seems normal logia can "liquify" better than Magellan, and we never saw if he could regenerate after taking a bullet through his body or stuff like that.

So just for fun...what Logia are left?

(chou please correct any japanese issues obv)

10.) Metal Metal (I was getting Kane, but I thought that was more bell, so tetsu tetsu? I know that is iron or steel though)

What other potential logia are left? I figure, with Haki so emphasized now, we're going to get quite a few more Logia from now till the end game, so should be interesting to make some predictions based on that.
I think the names will mostly be different. While some Logia have their name directly from the substance (Croc's suna suna, CC's gasu gasu, BB's Yami Yami), most of the names come from Japanese sound/sensation words.

For instance "Hie Hie" is the feeling of "chill" (the sound that represents the feeling of being chilly). And "mera mera" is the sound of burning. Pika pika is the "sound" of sparkling.

So Aokiji, Kizaru, and Ace's fruits are based on these sound/sensation words, instead of being "koori koori", "Hikari hikari," or "honoo honoo". Another problem with the aforementioned names is that they have 3 sounds. All devil fruits 2 sounds.

ガム (gum) Luffy
ハナ (hana) Robin
ガス (gas) CC
メラ (mera) Ace

Each character represents 1 sound, so every fruit has 2 sounds. Ya-mi, Ne-Ko, Hi-To, etc. etc.

Notice that "gum gum" and "gas gas" are derived from English. While in English, we think of "gum" and "gas" as 1 syllable words, in Japanese, they're 2 sounds each (Ga-Mu), (Ga-Su). Words never end in consonants except "n" and even "n" is considered 1 sound.

Now lets take a look at the aforementioned examples:

Ice = koori = こおり
Light = hikari = ひかり
Fire = honoo = ほのお

So, if you use the name of the element, it becomes a 3 alphabet sound, which is no good. You'll notice that in the case of Ice and Fire, "oo" is considered 2 sounds, not 1 syllable like it would be in English. You really have to think about it in terms of Japanese alphabets.

Now, let's look at Aldy's examples again.

1.) Rock Rock (Iwa Iwa no Mi) イワ good, 2 alphabet
2.) Water Water (Mizu Mizu no Mi) ミズ, ok
3.) Blood Blood (Chi Chi no Mi) "chi" is only 1 sound, so no good
4.) Plant Plant (shokubutsu is what I'm getting but that's long lol) しょくぶつ wow, 5 sounds, obviously no go. Maybe "kusa kusa" which means weed.
5.) Air Air (Kuuki Kuuki no Mi) くうき 3 sounds, no good
6.) Wind Wind (combine 5 and 6 if too similar) (Kaze Kaze no Mi) かぜ could work.
7.) Oil Oil (Sekiyu Sekiyu no Mi) せきゆ no go
8.) Wood Wood (Moku Moku no Mi, from mokuton) もく, ok
9.) Cloud Cloud (Kumo Kumo no Mi) くも ok
10.) Metal Metal (I was getting Kane, but I thought that was more bell, so tetsu tetsu? I know that is iron or steel though) てつ sure
11.) Steam Steam (Jouki Jouki no Mi) じょうき wow, 4 sounds, no good.
12.) Clay Clay (Nendo Nendo no Mi) ねんど again, 3 sounds, no good
However, I think logia have to be somewhat non-solid, so rock and metal seem unlikely, (after all, Jozu's diamond power is not a logia) and again, up until now there have been no logia based on substances derived from living beings (or living beings), so I don't think blood, plant, or wood work.

Things like oil or clay (liquid) could be ok, but I'm not sure what names they would have. Probably have to be based on some kind of sound/sensation word though. Scarier than oil, I bet there could be a tar or acid logia. >:D

Also, because of the nature of the Devil Fruits, I kind of doubt there will ever be one that is based on liquid water. If you want a character that can abuse water, find a fishman/mermaid. >:D

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
at the moment law revealed that he could switch hearts at punk hazard i figured that law had his heart switched by the real law. so once vergo came in appearance its seems like he could be the real law, while law is really vergo.
sooo...i guess i was half right :/

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So just for fun...what Logia are left?

(chou please correct any japanese issues obv)

What other potential logia are left? I figure, with Haki so emphasized now, we're going to get quite a few more Logia from now till the end game, so should be interesting to make some predictions based on that.
Smoker's got Moku Moku already, just saying!

Well, since Blackbeard and the full extent of his powers have been reveled we can say this about the existence of Mizu Mizu no Mi:

1) The Yami Yami no Mi is supposed to represent the power of the devil

2) Fishermen who have eaten a devil fruit have lost their ability to breathe naturally underwater or swim, yet maybe due to their origins they can still use their powers at full strength underwater so maybe the same applies to our mystery devil fruit user, can't swim, can't breathe underwater but otherwise perfectly fine (and useless underwater I might add).

3) Not all water is harmful in OP, only sea water and materials soaked in it.

4) On the subject of being overpowered, the power of darkness can nullify other devil fruits and has they ability to suck them as well, so I don't think a Water Logia would be ranked any higher.

5) The last issue is, if sea water is bad to any devil fruit user, and the supposed Mizu Mizo no Mi user will use his ability to generate sea water as a main weapon, is this user intangible or solid?

Well, Oda is he wants this to really, really work can go on into detail (slightly complicated for "target" fans) that there are different types of water and they he can only transform into the "safe types" OR more reasonably he will be solid and will generate water from a distance like blackbeard and gravity based fields (it would be ridiculous if he transformed into darkness, he would suck himself/explode).

Speaking of Logia, but a bit off topic...I started rereading One Piece the other day and am at Skypeia. Am I the only one that got irritated that Luffy could only beat Eneru because rubber doesn't fucking conduct electricity? That really irritates me every time lol.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nah, at that point Enel was stronger than the entire crew and all the sky people put together. It was good because it highlighted the unpredictability of DF interactions, had been foreshadowed by the Skypeians not knowing what rubber bands were, unless that happened afterward and I'm misremembering. It's no different than Akainu one-shotting Ace just because he's magma and Ace was fire.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^agreeing with Vader. Eneru's strength was good to demonstrate the "scope" of power in One Piece, without putting forth an opponent Luffy had no chance of winning against. Because, even with opponents like Hawk Eye (the strongest character revealed up to this point, with Croc), we could sort of imagine that Luffy would be able to do something against the "top." But with Eneru, we basically couldn't help but think "God, if Luffy ran into a guy of this level with any other power, he'd be toast"

and then Aokiji appears in like the very next arch. Oda set it up well

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
also, relating to kinds of logia left: i doubt there will be a metal one, as daz bones can already turn into steel and make his arms etc into swords

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Somehow weapons of mass destruction that can:

a) be survived with a gas mask
b) kills with gas that's easily viewable
c) can be outrun (even by extremely fast people)

just don't seem that impressive (compared to real world standards)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chopper so cute. I'm pretty sure Vergo is a good guy for some reason, he's just doing a sting on Ceaser. A boy can dream, can't he?

Also did that poison monster turn an apple into a devil fruit?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also did that poison monster turn an apple into a devil fruit?
Smiley died and his devil fruit was recycled into that apple. I just didn't realise it recycled that fast.. which means meru meru is up for grabs.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
While the devil fruit was interesting; are we supposed to be able to tell who the people watching all this are? Since speculation was made before over vergo's identity on irc I'm just gonna throw out there that one of them looked similar to Rob Lucci.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smiley died and his devil fruit was recycled into that apple. I just didn't realise it recycled that fast.. which means meru meru is up for grabs.
Hey!

How could Black Beard steal White Beard's fruit then if it recycles that quickly? Calling bogus.

Also I guess there isn't just a tree that makes devil fruits then, I was excited for when we get to see the place where all devil fruits come from. :(

the whole concept of devil fruits in the one piece universe has always seemed to me like one big plothole in the making

edit: mainly how they came to be in the first place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)