Media One Piece (spoilers!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of Blue Gilly, I wonder if he's going to have any significance in this arc moving forward. You'll note Ricky was entirely hidden, yet Blue Gilly said "old man," implying Observation Haki.

This could just be Oda's way of introducing us to arcs where haki is more common than normal, but it could also be signaling something for Blue Gilly.

Also, +1ing Franky; Kyros is almost definitely related to Rebecca in some way...
I think Blue Gilly's main purpose in this arc is to give Sanji another fighting style. Zoro is getting the ability to cut fire, Sanji needs something too.

Flashback actually sounds pretty good, punk hazard repeated Caesar being evil way too many times so naturally their flashback was lackluster as was fishman islands but I'm pretty intrested in Dressrosa and we did just get some sweet fights from fodder (imo block b was better than every fight in fishman island) I can last without for awhile

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Fishman Island had some cool fight moments, I don't doubt at all that Dressrosa will have better scenes but so far nothing is better than Zoro's OHKO or the FI Walk.

@NWO What would Sanji get from Blue Gilly? He can't just stretch his legs.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Btw when do you think that we will learn which are the new admiral and Shichi? I can't stand the tease anymore, we need to learn who the bosses are so we can come up with 100 different ways that Luffy is going to beat them!!!

Also, assuming that Fujitora isn't a Logia type, which seems logical as otherwise he wouldn't need a weapon and BB already has a very similar Logia DF, what kind of DF do you think the last Admiral will have? Once again, assuming the DF of Fujitora is a Paramecia by the process of elimination (i already assumed it isn't a Logia and it most possibly isn't a Zoan for obvious reasons), the way that we always find out about Paramecia, i think that the last Admiral is going to have a Zoan-type DF, showing us the real potential of Zoans and making Lucci seem like a harmless kitten compared to him. This way, we will have a trio of Admirals with every type of DF, showing that every type of DF can have awesome potential as long as its user has, something that is much more clear in the NW that it was in Paradise.

I wanted to post something intelligent and thought provoking... but meh... I've said everything I've wanted to say about one piece on IRC.

New World Order

Licks Toads
Yeah assuming Fujitora is a paramecia, the third admiral is probably a mythical zoan. Since I'm 99% sure that Kaidou has the Typhon fruit, it wouldn't make sense for any of Typhon's children's (Cerberus, Hydra, Sphinx etc) fruits to go to the admiral, as it would imply inferiority. I'd like to see a monkey king fruit come into play, but that would've been better suited for Kizaru. I'm going to place my bet on the Osiris fruit, fits the whole absolute justice theme as well.

New World Order

Licks Toads
Haha I keep forgetting Kong actually exists.

the hydra theory sounds interesting, could you expand on that?
Not Hydra, Typhon.

Kaidou is clearly a Zoan, I don't think it could possibly be more obvious. Kaidou is the "King of a Hundred Beasts" and the "World's Strongest Creature". The lion fruit would be completely gay because even Drake's fruit is stronger, so it pretty much has to be a mythical zoan (also why I think admiral 3, if he's a Zoan, would have the Osiris fruit). Typhon in Greek mythology is the progenitor of all monsters and the father of Chimera/Gorgons/pretty much every other baddie. It also happens to have a hundred heads, all of them monsters, sound like a certain epithet of a certain Yonkou? Lore wise, Typhon is stronger than Zeus (I believe it's the only creature in Greek mythology that ever manages to kill Zeus), so it would certainly fit the description of strongest creature as well.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Didn't fujitora, like, create a hole in the floor of the restaurant somehow?

Maybe I missed something but it seems like he is a paramecia in that case, or maybe a logia.

Edit: looking at it now, maybe he just used his arm to crush them? But it really seemed like a DF power.

Actually both are. When you consider humans are animals themselves. A greek god like Zeus can be considered a mythical creature no different than Buddha or a phoenix. It takes a little bit of effort on your part as we are taught from young age that humans are separate from beasts. Taught we are special. So yes Buddha, Thor, Hades and even Judeo-Christian angels are mythical creatures.

Didn't want to add that bearded dude from 2000 years ago to that list cuz, well im too smart.

you could also make the dickweed etymological point that, since creature is from the latin derivation creare or "to create", in which sense it just refers to things that have been created (i.e. by God/a god), humans would definitely fall under the "creature" category

also yeah that sounds like it holds water; it seems hard to believe oda would really incorporate greek shit to that extent but enel is based on eminem so maybe it isn't

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha I keep forgetting Kong actually exists.

Not Hydra, Typhon.

Kaidou is clearly a Zoan, I don't think it could possibly be more obvious. Kaidou is the "King of a Hundred Beasts" and the "World's Strongest Creature". The lion fruit would be completely gay because even Drake's fruit is stronger, so it pretty much has to be a mythical zoan (also why I think admiral 3, if he's a Zoan, would have the Osiris fruit). Typhon in Greek mythology is the progenitor of all monsters and the father of Chimera/Gorgons/pretty much every other baddie. It also happens to have a hundred heads, all of them monsters, sound like a certain epithet of a certain Yonkou? Lore wise, Typhon is stronger than Zeus (I believe it's the only creature in Greek mythology that ever manages to kill Zeus), so it would certainly fit the description of strongest creature as well.
Zeus can't actually be killed you know :P He defeated Zeus, in their first encounter, but didn't kill him.

Z was rather weak considering how he was only at luffys level but in his prime he was probably impressive I'd prefer another admiral in the modern day to also be fruitless, maybe it'll be dragon (I doubt a minion would be admiral level) he is after all infiltrating the world govt. already perhaps he is trying to reform the govt from the inside. Sakazuki respects non-pirates he would not have an issue with him, I could see him reaching some deal with the govt in the 2 years which would explain why robin was being chased. I don't think that others will have a problem with dragon being admiral level on the other hand I'd certainly be a bit more skeptical with another new character amongst the marines with admiral level power coming from nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)