Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh so I'm not the only one who didn't give a fuck about this last Rebecca/Soldier bit. Arc would have been just as good or better without it, and they just lived happily ever after.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just noticed One Piece: Episode of Sabo was translated; did anyone check it out and was it worth it?

Anything new / cool in it? One of the "episodes" had fun stuff like Coby's post timeskip abilities and stuff so was wondering if this was worth watching as well.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
omg... Go Luffy!

Kinda reckless considering the shape he's in after taking on Dofla-- I mean isn't it enough to put down the king of the world's underworld and arguably the strongest Shichibukai w/o taking on an admiral right after?

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Sooo uh is chap800 gonna be where Luffy kicks Fujitora's ass? Not even a Fujifag, but I hope not It'll probably end abruptly because of some intervention I guess... like Law using shambles on Luffy and their escape ship before the rubble Fujitora gathered squishes them.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This chapter was sooooooo cute let me die the two long years was worth it for this moment alone?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hasn't fishman island to now been like 4 years

like seriously

i think he took his break timeskip in like late 2010 lol (then some time for shabondy and travel to fishman island)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I don't know why you would count Fishman Island as part of the Dress Rosa Arch, AND
I don't know why people rag on Fishman Island-- it may not be no Ernie's Lobby, but then what is?

Fishman Island did a lot for the series, including:
-Showcase the results of Luffy's training (How is defeating a White Shark drugged up Fishman UNDER THE OCEAN not impressive?)
-Set the tone for the post-skip story, and set it's direction with the interaction with BigMa
-Poseiden
-Jinbe
-Give us an organic knack for the crew's updated personalities
-list goes on

Fishman Island had it's own, unique plot that was quite rich and I still see as a key cog in the story's future development (quite a bit more than you can say for most of Skypea, which itself is still a great arch).

Anyway, shocked thay we've been on this arch for 2.5 years, strongly think there are story bits you can bitch about a lot more than Fishman Island.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
are you two responding to me?

cause i was just responding to junior's comment lol
More like the discussion's overall tendency to throw FMI in with Dressrosa, plus the overall negative review FMI had on IRC way back (and I guess it was WAY back, 'cause you know how long it's been since I went on IRC). Not aimed at anyone in particular

Edit: I wonder how Dressrosa stacks up in length to the Amazoness/Inpel Down/Marine Forde span, which ALSO could well be considered one arc (I'd say even Shabondy Isle 1 could arguably be thrown in there)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess that was good for a 100x chapter..... Chapter 700 was def better imo, but I can't complain. Now that it's finally over though, we can stop with the filler chapters and get a move on.

The chapter was worth it for Fujitora's facial expressions alone :)
I guess were gonna see a backstory about the things he seen to willingly slash his own eyes. I don't think they can top White town in horribleness though.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a whole theory thread about that on the Oro Jackson forums.
Never heard of it but upon looking yeah I agree 100% about it. My first idea was seeing that reverse mountain was a literal X like in treasure maps.

Regardless thanks for taking my time away to read theories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)