Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Hmm... picking up Zoro, Usopp, Robin, and Franky before fighting Big Mom doesn't sound improbable by any means. However, if the current group of Straw Hats manage to get Luffy to recover first, will Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Brook, and likely Jinbe also directly help Luffy out this fight? Or will Luffy fight Linlin by himself despite knowing that she is much stronger than him? I do not think the latter option is likely in the New World.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I don't think they'll fight Big Mom any time soon, they'll most likely head for Wano and do their thing there and later eventually fight Kaido. Luffy said his plan was never to fight Big Mom anyway, only to get Sanji back.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Luffy cannot fight Big Mom until she goes to Fishmen Island and starts fucking up Luffy's "protected" territory. Luffy then gets to show that you don't fuck with any land that flies the Strawhat Jolly Roger

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Luffy cannot fight Big Mom until she goes to Fishmen Island and starts fucking up Luffy's "protected" territory. Luffy then gets to show that you don't fuck with any land that flies the Strawhat Jolly Roger
that may be right. I'm still a little confused about Sharley's prediction that Luffy will destroy fishman island. I don't totally buy the whole "he destroyed their broken way of life" (Unless I missed a better explanation?). I don't see Big Mom going down this arc. Oda said we'll see Wano in 2018 so we gotta get a move on sometime...

rest of the arc: sentimental vinsmoke bullshit with judge and sanji, luffy and sanji make it on the ship, vinsmokes hold off enemies on cacao island, smoothie's fleet follows strawhats, more pudding iloveu ihateu bullshit, bege hands off big mom the cake and she the deliciousness knocks her unconscious or some stupid shit, strawhats fight off smoothie's fleet and head off to wano, bege decides to go to wano too, pedro is revealed to still be alive bc oda, sanji apologizes to luffy and rejoins the crew in a conversation that will take a whole chapter when it could have only been a few panels, and that has really been the theme of this arc: unnecessary padding, long build ups, rare rewards for those build ups, and the amazingness that was the katakuri fight.

"infinite tsukuyomi" lmao im dead
But on a different note the sunny is def gone or at least heavily damaged cant be repaired type deal, no memory or delusion hax, since oda doesnt fk with the 100 mark chapters.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I thought it was interesting they bothered to show a world inside big mom's stomach. It'd be cool if the strawhats actually die and she absorbs their spirits and they have to make it back from inside her or something.

The dude fighting Sanji's dad near the end really looks like a samurai with a katana and a top knot hairstyle. Wonder if that's how Oda is bringing in Wano.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought it was interesting they bothered to show a world inside big mom's stomach. It'd be cool if the strawhats actually die and she absorbs their spirits and they have to make it back from inside her or something.

The dude fighting Sanji's dad near the end really looks like a samurai with a katana and a top knot hairstyle. Wonder if that's how Oda is bringing in Wano.
I assumed that was Snack -- Still a possibility but he didn't really look like a samurai to me before.

I am still dubious about the end being real... It just seems off to me, especially with them showing Pudding a few times in the chapter. I wonder if they could have imbued a memory in the cake and all of this is mom's memory?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"infinite tsukuyomi" lmao im dead
But on a different note the sunny is def gone or at least heavily damaged cant be repaired type deal, no memory or delusion hax, since oda doesnt fk with the 100 mark chapters.
Nah Sunny is making it round the world, Adam Wood op. They just went down to the seafloor, the ship is still coated, right?

This last chapter is trying to make us see true power of a Yonkou, showing that it's not that easy to runaway from a Yonkou territory but i still think in the possibility that this was only a Nami illusion and that would fuck up with this "true power of a Yonkou" that Oda tried to make us see.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Well it wasn't no illusion, just a fast Wadatsumi. Oven sure got some range with that Perona-style heat attack underwater tho. Luffy and Jinbe dynamic was baller too.

Now that we know that Jinbe will be here to stay once the running gag gets old, would that make Jinbe the final crew member, or is there one more after him?

Also, if Jinbe becomes the helmsman of the crew, what kind of occupation would the (real) final member have?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Franky (and Usopp too no doubt!) is going to be pretty pissed at all the damage to the Sunny when they finally meet up, lol.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With Bunny girl and Jinbei that would make 10 crew members which was oda's "plan" so it's reasonable.

It also makes way more sense for Jinbei to join during Wano given his samurai sense of style and honor

Matthew

aside from the ad-bot I loved this chapter for so many reasons:

1) Katakrui and his seemingly okay way with Luffy being able to beat Big Mom. Is this to say he's saw the future that Luffy beats her? Maybe, but it was nice.

2) Carrot - Sanji interaction. Sanji goes crazy over girls but maybe not anymore (please not anymore), but Carrot crying onto him was such a beautiful moment that almost solidifies her in the crew.

3) Katakuri + Brulee was amazing, makes you feel bad for both of them and I see them both defecting / rebuilding the Big Mom pirates once Luffy finally has his moment

4) Lastly Pudding weeping over the memory, that Sanji no longer has, of her kiss. Finally she found someone who found her beautiful, helpful, and incredible in her own way but she didn't want to be a burden to the man she was to marry. Getting rid of their first kiss as Husband and Wife was touching as hell. It makes for a great later arc when Big Mom is reintroduced where Sanji defends his wife or vice versa.

Reverie is next, that was leaked, so Wano is probably 2019, which means that OP is probably(?) done in 2023-2024 but what I ride we've been on so far.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
Reverie is next, that was leaked, so Wano is probably 2019, which means that OP is probably(?) done in 2023-2024 but what I ride we've been on so far.
Where was it leaked that the Reverie is next? I saw an interview that said we "get to" Wano in 2018, but maybe it's the tail end and the Reverie just isn't that long of an arc?

I'm still processing this arc as a whole. It did not seem to have much development besides Luffy's power ups ... I talked to Aldaron about this and there are still a lot of lose ends... my current issues:
1) No Sanji development whatsoever besides maybe not being so girl crazy
2) The big-hyped cake had no effect besides letting them escape
3) Nami's clima tact was power uped by Usopp prior to this arc ("Sorcery" clima tact) and ????? also she still has Zeus?
4) No Chopper or Brook development!!!
5) Jinbe still isn't fucking joining for good

To me, this arc just felt kind of anti-climactic, although it does make you feel like if the entire grand fleet was present that the SHs could defeat a Yonkou's fleet. Ionno, the "Year of Sanji" just didn't give him much. Give him a Raid Suit or ranged attacks ffs

Matthew

I can't find the source but it was something to do with Jump. I'll do some more digging to get back to you Jimbo

Also what are you talking about? Sanji was literally the Boy in the Iron Mask. He was abandoned by his family because he could feel emotions like love and fear. He doesn't need a raid suit because he now can use haki. He doesn't need to shoot electricity out of his body because he has his burning passion. He is Judge's perfect creation and in the end it isn't Judge who rejects Sanji but Sanji who rejects him.

You have someone who will feed a Yonkou and not poison the food because he is a chef, and a chef that can recreate a cake that costed the lives of people "Don't be stingy / Ingredients? Must be carefully selected / Kill the people and rob them" with just what he could find. Sanji fell in love, had it reciprocated back, and was denied his love. Year of Sanji was not supposed to be about fighting given that Sanji's role on the crew was chef / tactician-spy.

Brooke literally had some of the most bad ass moments this arc. Calling Big Mom young lady, injuring her, stealing the poneglyph, and even lying to Sanji (his friend / crewmate) about what happened to Pedro because he knows what the feelings of Sanji would be for someone sacrificing himself. Chopper gets to have big brother moments with Carrot, which I thought was a nice change of pace from his usual childish personality. Instead of Chopper being impressed by everyone he now has someone who he wants to impress and show how to be a pirate. It's cute and I love it.

Nami? I don't know, she had an okay opening with the Cracker fight, her stealing Mom's souls was cool, and her threatening and keeping Zeus (yeah she still has him) was a neat power-up. Oda probably realized that her staff upgrades are just kind of boring and she needs something a little more Son Wukong. She had 2 / 3 of his powers anyway, might as well give her a nimbus and call it good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)