Media One Piece (spoilers!)

What do you all think of Luffy's new bounty?
It may have jumped by a billion but it is pretty fair considering he defeated Katakuri (Dogtooth) and Cracker who have high bounties and are the commanders of a Yonkou's army. Also he almost succeeded and the damage done to Big Mom's territory is also pretty great so my overall opinion is that his new bounty is pretty just.

Sanji's too, he played quite the big part in the assassination attempt of Big Mom. He also fought really well against her elder children who probably have high bounties too but I don't think Luffy's and Sanji's bounties are the only ones that went up. Surely Nami, Chopper, maybe even Carrott might have new bounties, also Jinbe's exact bounty amount should be confirmed too. Bounties don't really matter but they're a cool part of the story I like but overall I really look forward to the reverie arc. Curious to see the marines, revolutionaries, and also the journey to the Wano arc and involvement with Kaido. Lets hope for a nice new arc!
what people seem to undermine, even in the manga is that luffy came with half his crew and came back out with one death (pedro which wasnt actually a part of the straw hats), his bounty is pretty nice where it stands, i dont think the big mom arc was what pushed his bounty tbh, i think the world government was like "fuck it hes an actual threat now" his past achievements were covered up leaving his bounty at a stand still in a way so they decided to go all out

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Karasu does crow shit similar to Itachi when he does his genjutsu shenanigans, p cool. What's with the recent Devil Fruit users that make the ground all flowy/manipulate it tho? First we got Pika and Senor Pink and now we got Morley as well. Seems we're up for some fun times at least.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Karasu does crow shit similar to Itachi when he does his genjutsu shenanigans, p cool. What's with the recent Devil Fruit users that make the ground all flowy/manipulate it tho? First we got Pika and Senor Pink and now we got Morley as well. Seems we're up for some fun times at least.
also Doffy and katakuri with their awakenings -- probably a prelude to Luffy awakening?

thou there's no confirmation whether pika/senor pink and others had awakenings or not, it can be seem that its just there mastery over the devil fruit ability. however each devil fruit awakening varies from the type of devil the user has and the user. most may not realize that these awakening devil fruit users were always around since alabasta where crocodile was introduced as the first awakening logia type luffy followed by enel and much more.
actually after the alabasta arc, there were at least one person who had an awakened devil its a topic that hasnt been touched at all really. what we know is that all zoan type awakenings increase healing and stamina abilities by ALOT making them survive stuff they shouldnt (like the bird guy in alabasta taking that explosion point blank with no damage at all). parameria are quite difficult to understand because they are divided into 3 sub categories that each influence there awakening abilities the reason why zoan is so simple is because there categories are myth-zoan,ancient zoan and the regular zoan while parameria is transmuter/producer/conditional. parameria has too many aspects to say that awakening is just "manipulation".
logia's are quite simple, there awakenings consist of changing there element to an actual solid object an example of this would be crocodile changing his sand into actual knifes/blades/swords to launch attacks since normally this shouldnt be possible with logia powers.

Yeah, no idea how that would turn out tho. His Gears are already p innovative and far our there in terms of manipulation of his Devil Fruit.
i wouldnt go as far to say that luffy gears are innovative, since in his case hes just rubber, gear 2nd is just blood doping and gear 3rd and gear 4th are the same, just 3rd gear is on a smaller scale

So, if Paramecias and Zoans each have three subcategories that determine what a user can do with their abilities, how complex does that make Logias outside of the elements being divided into matter and energy? Their supposed simplicity seems to make their users more arrogant at first, as seen with Croc and Enel.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Where was it confirmed that Crocodile and Enel were awakened? That is a pretty big assumption, especially saying that it involves them making their element solid (????). I would think a logia awakening is similar to a paramecia. For example, Enel would be able to turn the environment/ground around him into lightning (and probably be able to turn it back to normal too?).

I don't think Pica and Senor Pink were awakened at all. Senor's probably would've allowed him to make the ground intangible for others as well, which if I remember correctly he did not do - he just swam in the ground himself.

Where was it confirmed that Crocodile and Enel were awakened? That is a pretty big assumption, especially saying that it involves them making their element solid (????). I would think a logia awakening is similar to a paramecia. For example, Enel would be able to turn the environment/ground around him into lightning (and probably be able to turn it back to normal too?).

I don't think Pica and Senor Pink were awakened at all. Senor's probably would've allowed him to make the ground intangible for others as well, which if I remember correctly he did not do - he just swam in the ground himself.
hmm the problem with this is that, they were in fact awakened, "affecting and manipulating the environment" isnt the only awakening ability u get with a devil fruit thats only for paramerias and even then u cant say that someone like luffy's ability will do the same because its literally impossible in his case due to him being a transmuter type parameria, we have seen many awakening users before, its just people are unaware of it and havent noticed til doffy actually said "time to use awakening", this concept isnt rare in one piece, its pretty damn common. we have already seen zoan type awakening users and its not "affecting and manipulating the environment" its basically a MASSIVE boost in durability and Stamina as shown in alabasta and IMPEL DOWN arc its really noticeable. as for logia's there's one thing u have mistaken, logia type devil fruits can already affect and manipulate the environment as they see fit so its not an assumption to believe that it involves making there element into an animate object WHICH crocodile and enel showcased in there battles with luffy, how can crocodile turn his sand into actual "blades of steel"(no not sand blades, actual blades of steel MADE FROM SAND) and attack luffy? this is far out of the reach of any "normal logia type" ability shown so far because that is not possible without some sort of apparatus or awakening. Crocodile DO in have have awakening, not only is it confirmed but he is the very first person in the entire verse to identify an awakening devil fruit user and the first to explain what awakening means, it would be illogically to assume he doesnt have an awakening when hes the one to introduce the concept. the main reason why a logia awakening cant be similar to a paramecia is because they are a combination of a transmuter and a producer. logia's are more or less the same just different elements and substances. we have seen aokiji turn the ground/ocean to ice and use as he sees fit when he first saw luffy and his crew, all logias can affect the environment/manipulate it in some way whether its on a small scale or not. it would be impractical for oda to make awakening so one dimensional when its already confirmed that awakenings isnt just manipulation of the environment

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only 100% confirmed awakenings we've seen are: 3 monster guards in Impel Down and Donquixote.

edit:
and katakuri

Last edited:
The only 100% confirmed awakenings we've seen are: 3 monster guards in Impel Down and Donquixote.
lots of zoans are confirmed awakened not just the monsters from impel down, along with crocodile since hes the first the point it out and use it
in the manga ,someone doesnt have to point out when an awakening is being used in a battle every single time

Last edited:

Jimbo

take me anywhere
lots of zoans are confirmed awakened not just the monsters from impel down, along with crocodile since hes the first the point it out and use it
in the manga ,someone doesnt have to point out when an awakening is being used in a battle every single time
I'm sorry that is just .... untrue? Crocodile pointing out something exists absolutely does not mean he himself is a user. That just doesn't make sense. And his Desert Spada attack may be steel (which I don't even think was explicitly stated?) It may just be sand that's hardened so hard it becomes sharp... Gaara did the same thing in Naruto.

And legit which other Zoans are "confirmed awakened?" We literally saw the Impel Down Guards who seem almost mindless, are gigantic, and extremely powerful. I would not say Pell is a confirmed awakened, moreso an asspull from Oda. Although maybe it will get confirmed later.

Regarding "someone doesn't have to point out when an awakening is being used in every single battle" -- That is also a poor point considering every single time Busoshoku haki was used pre-time skip there was a very specific emphasis on it (think the Snake princesses or Sentomaru). Even Kenbonshoku haki was called "Mantra" specifically to show it WAS a thing. It would be major Retcon for Oda to be like LOL so many characters were awakened and you all never noticed!

I'm sorry that is just .... untrue? Crocodile pointing out something exists absolutely does not mean he himself is a user. That just doesn't make sense. And his Desert Spada attack may be steel (which I don't even think was explicitly stated?) It may just be sand that's hardened so hard it becomes sharp... Gaara did the same thing in Naruto.
first of all, gaara and crocodile arent comparable at all. different abilities, different verses, different applications. one uses sand and another is actually sand itself. both of there abilities are very different in every aspect and the only similarity is that they both use sand. crocodile can do everything gaara can do because he is sand itself while gaara is just controlling sand thats it nothing more nothing less, gaara isnt the one who is hardening the sand all he had to do was insert charka into his sand to increase its density thats it. the laws are alot different in naruto, its not the same. u dont see gaara turning people into dust when people touch his sand, he cant do it because all he can do is control the sand thats it while crocodile can casually touch anyone/anything and turn them into dust if he touches them. crocodile have no such power to "harden" his sand and make it into steel, even if it wasnt steel it should be impossible for crocodile to do something like that to his sand without applying haki thats just out of his scope of powers.

And legit which other Zoans are "confirmed awakened?" We literally saw the Impel Down Guards who seem almost mindless, are gigantic, and extremely powerful. I would not say Pell is a confirmed awakened, moreso an asspull from Oda. Although maybe it will get confirmed later.
maybe ur right about pell but he has the characteristics. they werent mindless, nor that big, they are just in there zoan form like everyone who has a zoan fruit. maybe it was an asspull but pell still took an city buster bomb and came out unscathed.

Regarding "someone doesn't have to point out when an awakening is being used in every single battle" -- That is also a poor point considering every single time Busoshoku haki was used pre-time skip there was a very specific emphasis on it (think the Snake princesses or Sentomaru). Even Kenbonshoku haki was called "Mantra" specifically to show it WAS a thing. It would be major Retcon for Oda to be like LOL so many characters were awakened and you all never noticed!
whats funny about this is that "haki" was retconned the same way u said "so many characters were awakened and you all never noticed!" thats why it had a very specific emphasis on it. just like haki, awakening is just as common, before the time skip everyone thought having haki is rare until it got retconned and literally everyone in the one piece verse has it now, even a low tier marine officer or a new comer can easily use haki to some extent. remember when "conquerers' haki" was supposed to be some rare form of haki to have? literally every top tier commander has it, its now common to see "conquerers' haki just like how it will be for awakening devil fruit users everyone who u thought wouldnt had an awakening will have one. its no surprise here. having an awakening means little to nothing really and being able to use it shouldnt be hard either.

this is pre timeskip luffy, crocodile, jimbel one shotting awakening users, so ur telling me someone who basically knows everything there is to know about awakening doesnt have it or achieved a level of awakening of some sort at all? what is stopping him? nothing. they are no requirements for awakening other than mastering ur devil fruit to perfection.
if fodder characters can achieve awakening what is stopping crocodile from doing so?
he already knows everything about awakening and it would be completely illogical to say that he hasnt achieved this level

this should be enough to prove he is awakened, everything he has done so far points to him being awakened.

as the series progress u will realize how many awakening users they really were in the past til now, its not really anything of importance like haki because it doesnt give u a boost in anything important other than increasing the scoping of ur devil fruit powers. awakening will be treated like haki
do u actually believe people can survive in the new world without haki of some sort? lol u will start to see how common awakening users will be

Last edited:

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
only 11 people have displayed conquerors haki in one piece:
Shanks
Boa
Silver
Newgate
Luffy
Ace (in a flashback)
Katakuri
Big Mom
Donquixote
Don Chinjao
Gol D. Roger

That is hardly "everyone" having it.

edit:
whoops had Roger twice, so even less!

only 11 people have displayed conquerors haki in one piece:
Shanks
Boa
Silver
Newgate
Luffy
Ace (in a flashback)
Katakuri
Big Mom
Donquixote
Don Chinjao
Gol D. Roger

That is hardly "everyone" having it.

edit:
whoops had Roger twice, so even less!
never said "everyone had conqueror's haki", i said everyone has some degree of haki not "conquerors haki"
my point is, that conqueror's haki has no use in the story anymore its just a delete buttom for fodder characters
as oda did many times over haki has became common as people with devil fruits. conqueror's haki has no relevance in the story and it has lost all its uniqueness
sure everyone doesnt have it. but its no longer a "rare find" in the places like the new world in one piece.
the reason why its going to become common to see and no longer a rare find is because only the top tiers actually achieved conqueror's haki due to being actually powerful while more than half of the persons that list only acquired it through Blood and nothing more.

sure they are the only people confirmed to have conqueror's haki however u need to dig deeper and categorize each and everyone of them because they arent the same period and they havent achieved conqueror's haki the same way as many others. why is that fodder characters can have conqueror's haki and why do people like shanks and silvers have it even though they dont have any blood relations to past kings etc? its simple blood and experience/qualities of a king are mainly the cause. and people like doffy/joker? like seriously do u actually believe hes the only one out there with royal blood? because thats all it took to activate to it. realistically speaking its pretty damn common.

Matthew

remember when "conquerers' haki" was supposed to be some rare form of haki to have? literally every top tier commander has it, its now common to see "conquerers' haki just like how it will be for awakening devil fruit users everyone who u thought wouldnt had an awakening will have one. its no surprise here. having an awakening means little to nothing really and being able to use it shouldnt be hard either.
Conqueror's haki is enforcing your will upon others, just having royal blood does not give the ability. Source: the Celestial Dragons in Shabody, Donquixote's father and brother. His brother carried the Will of D. that's about it.

There have been no fodder characters to date that have displayed conqueror's haki

Jimbo

take me anywhere
Royal blood is definitely not the only thing required to achieve conquerer's haki.... It's moreso "influence" overflowing into an actual technique. Charisma and the power to lead may be an inherent personality triat that -not- everyone has, and those people are the ones able to use haoshoku.

Matthew this reminds me of the dragonball super thread like why is this so contrarian?

Conqueror's haki is enforcing your will upon others, just having royal blood does not give the ability. Source: the Celestial Dragons in Shabody, Donquixote's father and brother. His brother carried the Will of D. that's about it.

There have been no fodder characters to date that have displayed conqueror's haki
don chinjao and boa hancock are completely fodder compared to other conqueror haki users and the verse in general because they are low tier characters, seriously is that supposed to be sarcastic? even ace is complete fodder and he used it. strength doesnt matter period. im not sure if u read what i said clearly or just put words in my mouth, but as i clearly highlighted

its simple blood and experience/qualities of a king are mainly the cause.
im not sure how u can miss that or assume i meant everyone with royal blood will have conqueror's haki

like seriously do u actually believe hes the only one out there with royal blood? because thats all it took to activate to it. realistically speaking its pretty damn common.
this was taken completely out of context but w/e

the fact of the matter is that, conqueror's haki is not "rare" nor is it important in the story at all, and u forgot dragon, literally the only reason luffy has conqueror's haki is blood thats it. same with ace so it is possible to achieve conqueror's haki just by blood alone. every arc so far keeps adding to the list of conqueror's haki users and its supposed to something "rare". its been retconned since timeskip.

Royal blood is definitely not the only thing required to achieve conquerer's haki.... It's moreso "influence" overflowing into an actual technique. Charisma and the power to lead may be an inherent personality triat that -not- everyone has, and those people are the ones able to use haoshoku.

Matthew this reminds me of the dragonball super thread like why is this so contrarian?
im just beginning to question the knowledge people have on op thats all, especially when someone can go compare both crocodile and gaara just because they wield sand, its just mind blowing to me how much people dont know when they read the same manga/s as i

Last edited:

Jimbo

take me anywhere
the fact of the matter is that, conqueror's haki is not "rare" nor is it important in the story at all, and u forgot dragon, literally the only reason luffy has conqueror's haki is blood thats it. same with ace so it is possible to achieve conqueror's haki just by blood alone. every arc so far keeps adding to the list of conqueror's haki users and its supposed to something "rare". its been retconned since timeskip.

im just beginning to question the knowledge people have on op thats all, especially when someone can go compare both crocodile and gaara just because they wield sand, its just mind blowing to me how much people dont know when they read the same manga/s as i
lol holy shit this is not that serious man. I was *not* comparing their powers in and of themselves, i was comparing the use of sand as a weapon in anime/cartoons. The trope of using sand powers or earth powers in general to harden things into steel/diamond/sharp things etc is pretty expansive (think Earth benders in Avatar?). Don't be pedantic and assume that because I compared Gaara and Crocodile I think their powers work exactly the same, that is just obtuse.

also.... how is dragon the only reason Luffy has conquerer's haki? The point is literally he has the quality to lead. Nothing to do with bloodline. Luffy has an innate quality to influence and bring people together (like a lot of shonen leads do...). Sounds like a quality of a king/leader to me, huh?

And Hancock is a queen, one of the "most beautiful in the world" etc etc and has massive charisma and influence. Chinjao is a legendary pirate who commanded a gigantic army?????? They may not be huge in the story sense but they are not low tier characters. That would be like if uhhh Senor Pink had conquerer's haki.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys so do you think D stands for Dragon? Now the biggest argument against this is Monkey Dragon Dragon, but that is not even very farfetched. Also with so much influence from Dragonball I can see this being the case.

Matthew

Anyway aside from a useless discussion are we heading to the Reverie next? I remember reading some leaked jump spoilers but I can't find them anymore, if anything it wouldn't take more than a month or two while Luffy heads to Wano. Then after Wano he finds out that BlackBeard crashed the party or something (what I expect happens).

I don't think he's going to go slaughterfest on it though, I think he's going to convince the leaders of the world (aside from those that have allegiance to Luffy) to support him. As far as we've seen of BlackBeard he isn't the big "kill everything" type of guy, he's methodical and smart so I can't be far off from that prediction.

Matthew

Hey guys so do you think D stands for Dragon? Now the biggest argument against this is Monkey Dragon Dragon, but that is not even very farfetched. Also with so much influence from Dragonball I can see this being the case.
Double post but I missed this one:

It's probably going to go with some bible / religious name if I had to guess. Everyone that has the Will of D. has died with a smile on their face knowing what they were doing was their correct choice. Lucifer defying God, Prometheus giving fire to the humans, I'm sure there's more that I can't be bothered to think of right now. I'd rather just have it the Will of D. These people give their lives for their goals and even if they can't reach them they die with a smile on their face for at least trying.

edit:
or it's just like the Will of Dave and Dave was like a pretty good dude until he died

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)