Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not impossible that it wasn't Shanks, I would've thought he might've mentioned it specifically. Looks like the most popular courtesan in Wano is being set up as Momo's sister :O

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
assume she'll be back for the big finale to throw off the rebellion's plans. all things aside damn wano is lame again. hyped for raid suit sanji tho, about time we saw him fight someone. maybe robin will get some action here too

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it's interesting though because many, many of big mom's kids are DF users so like who tf is going to rescue her from the water? Jinbe? lol

it's interesting though because many, many of big mom's kids are DF users so like who tf is going to rescue her from the water? Jinbe? lol
Considering they are using fishes to climb the waterfall, this seems likely.

Who thinks that the person who provides money for the Robin Hood is that geisha introduced in the previous chapter?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Someone rescued Jack from the water back at Zou, so not really that hard to believe that someone is gonna do the same for Big Mom and her DF users.
Who thinks that the person who provides money for the Robin Hood is that geisha introduced in the previous chapter?
Nah, she just seems like a money hungry bitch.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Kalalokki are you saying that one of Kaidou's crew would rescue BM and her children? and bring them into Wano?
No, just that the idea of big DF characters being thrown in to the water isn't such a big deal after what they pulled with Jack. Because who was there to pick him up before he drowned even?
So was Nami. And Robin was just a mass-murderer when first introduced.
Yet Nami would never give out money like that if she was in her position, so I doubt this geisha would do the same. Wouldn't be surprised if she "turned" later, but she doesn't seem like that kind of character now.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, just that the idea of big DF characters being thrown in to the water isn't such a big deal after what they pulled with Jack. Because who was there to pick him up before he drowned even?

Yet Nami would never give out money like that if she was in her position, so I doubt this geisha would do the same. Wouldn't be surprised if she "turned" later, but she doesn't seem like that kind of character now.
Oh, I thought it was implied that Jack is at least part-fishman -- his mouthpiece broke off when Zunisha bodied his crew and it showed him with saw teeth. I thought previously only fishman had that feature, thus implying he can breathe underwater and was just immobile and chillin until someone got him. Unclear what Big Mom's deal was. Maybe she'd be powerful enough to make some of the water into a homie again and surround her with air to breathe?

Looks like Komurasaki = Hiyori like many people predicted. And as expected, the samurai from the previous chapter is in on the plot as well.

I wonder what's so great about black swords though. (My gut feeling is Shusui will be left in Wano and Zoro will leave with Nidai Kitetsu.)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
imagine how impactful this reveal would have been if ebisu town had actually had more screentime and we didnt waste time focusing on this other waste shit like ashura boy, etc etc. or zoro fighting some complete random for no reason.

it feels like dressrosa all over again honestly. whole cake sidestepped this by splitting up the crew but now all the same problems of five billion plot threads have returned. At least most of them are mildly interesting even watered down like this (except Luffy's surprsingly. lol. still have no idea how ripple is any different from normal haki aside from being "stronger"), so it's definitely a step up from dressrosa. One thing I do think is definitely one step forward two steps back is the character designs, which are almost 100% true garbage. i guess dressrosa also had the same problem and whole cake also avoided said issue. wtf is going on here

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just want to say, that reveal of how SMILES work and the negative effects on the people of Wano is simultaneously heart-wrenching and rage inducing. What Kaido/Doflamingo/Ceaser were doing is straight up evil and I want Luffy to crush that miserable Dragonkin into a fine powder. Something always felt off about how people in Wano reacted to things and this explanation is just... mind blown, Oda. Mind. Blown.

i think you guys are nuts. wano i genuinely think will end up as my favorite overall arc at this pace. it's all been top tier for me. currently i'd put impel down/whitebeard war as #1, whole cake as #2 and enies lobby as #3 but i think this is absolutely peak one piece.

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Yes, One Piece is at its peak and this arc is likely to become the best arc of the manga thanks to its intrigues and the events that will happen as the final battle etc... I just hope it will not be ruined by its length like Dressrosa.
Another excellent chapter from Oda (is this guy really human?) where he insists on the curse of these people and it's really heartbreaking to see.
However, the chapter that ends up like that really hype me with Zoro and Sanji ready to break some guys in half, I have high hopes for this next chapter that was expected for years I'm sure Oda will not disappoint us.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think you guys are nuts. wano i genuinely think will end up as my favorite overall arc at this pace. it's all been top tier for me. currently i'd put impel down/whitebeard war as #1, whole cake as #2 and enies lobby as #3 but i think this is absolutely peak one piece.
impel down/war, arlong park, and dressrosa are my top 3, but i abstain from enies lobby as i wasnt reading it live during that time so it doesnt have the same emotional attachment for me. whole cake is pretty average tbh, the dogtooth fight is fantastic but the rest is more or less par from the course (where of course, par for the course is pretty good!)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good to get confirmation that Queen isn't just an overhyped weirdo. Oda is certainly piling on the drama, and now we have three major fights going on at once. Neat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)