Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One Piece really likes their cliffhanger chapterr endings lol. At least it's only a one week break this time.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
queens dino form is like one of the first really nice char designs weve seen in a while. kawamatsu and okiku are ok

so much happening now, glad one piece is heatin up finally

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
One piece finally has the animation it deserves. It's fluid and very pleasant to watch. In addition, the music in the background is really cool. This arc will really be cool to watch in anime if they continue to animate it like this episode. The only thing that really bother me is that the toei spoiled too much things in the opening again. I really hope they will continue like this and not destroy everything like they did with the Reverie.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Possibly the most badass and awesome chapter Luffy has ever had that wasn't a climax fight.

Also, did Luffy just use Haki to expel all that disease? That's awesome!

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Possibly the most badass and awesome chapter Luffy has ever had that wasn't a climax fight.

My guess is Luffy just possesses a superhuman resistance to poison due to his previous encounters with stuff like Magellan's as well as Caesar's attacks. Allowing him to overcome or at least resist its effects--you can see the disease doesn't kill you, only cause pain. So maybe Luffy is just taking the brunt of it which is what impresses the inmates. If he can just dispel it it feels kind of like a cop-out I guess. That would be an interesting application of Haki though--if anything you'd expect the disease to disable Haki.

Also yeah this ch was pretty nice. Old Maid finally getting pwned was cool

Where was it shown that he expelled the disease? It seems that he has some resistance to it since its a type of poison (thanks, Magellan!). I suppose Chopper will shine in the next chapter.

Deck Knight

Where was it shown that he expelled the disease? It seems that he has some resistance to it since its a type of poison (thanks, Magellan!). I suppose Chopper will shine in the next chapter.
After he wrapped his arms around them, they were no longer rioting and their skin returned to normal, possibly because he used the new haki to isolate and absorb the disease within himself.

Sorry for double posting but since it has been a month;

So we're told that Kaido's strongest henchmen are King, Queen, Jack and Numbers (probably 2 to 10). What's the missing card? Ace.

In case anyone forgot, Oda purposely reminded us that Ace came to Wano before and made a promise with a little girl. Plus, Kaido tried to make his way to the Marineford for Ace's execution before Shanks stopped him. I wonder if Ace was part of his team or I'm thinking too much of this.

Oh and Kaido + Big Mum in an alliance? I think only the author can save them now. Luffy is probably the strongest from the Pirates / Minks / Samurai / Ninja Alliance and he is defeated within seconds by Big Mum and Kaido.

Oh fuck, there's no way Luffy can survive this without even more plot armor than he and his friends already tend to have.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
finally something to make kaido's crew less miserable, since i had been wondering for a long time how kaido and the three disasters could ever compare to any other yonko crew that we had seen (pre-timeskip)

sadly, this also means oda has pushed our heroes into a tight corner that he'll have to pull them out of, and it'll be very difficult to do

a very short chapter + break next week, so im hoping the next chapter is at least 20 pages long, tho realistically it'll prolly be filled with big mom's crew being brought into wano stuff

I just about died when zoro got his new swords. So. Fucking. Badass. Shusuei (sp?) Was my favorite of his current three and seeing him have to give it up sucked, but holy hell are Oden's blades ridiculously awesome. Cant wait to see him start tearing it up in the next 'saga' of Wano

Has anyone here read chapter 957? This chapter was possibly the best chapter of One Piece so far, i still can't believe how much information has been revealed.
To list some of them:

- Bounties of Shanks, LinLin, Kaido, Whitebeard and Gol D Roger all got revealed in one Single chapter when Sengoku started to talk about Rocks Pirates. Shanks has a bounty of ~4 billion, LinLin 4.3 billion, Kaido 4.6, Whitebeard 5 billion and Roger ~5.5 billion. These bounties are just insane compared to Luffy and Blackbeards bounties.

- Roger + crew and Garp/marines teamed up to fight against Rocks D. Xebec himself and his commanders Whitebeard, Kaido and Big Mom (although at least the latter 2 are mentioned to not be as powerful as they're now), even Shiki was in this Rocks crew. The location of the probably most insane fight in One Piece was called God Valley, a island in Elbaf that completely disappeared from the maps and history books after this war ended.

- Akainu and Fujitora discussed about the warlord system and Fujitora's putting his faith in new SSG created by Vegapunk, believing that they will tip the scales in World Governments favor.

- Garp was protecting Celestial Dragons during that mission, whom Rocks pirates wanted to slaughter.

- Rocks D. Xebec wanted to become the new king of the world, sounds to me like this guy really was the old era Blackbeard...

- Other revealed Rocks members were Captain John, The Silvers Axe and Ou Choku (unrevealed so far).

- Oden, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were basically in 2 pirate crews and particularly Oden gets pushed again to be quite the strong character, cause it was him who gave Kaido the only scar and it seems that he was the 1st or 2nd commander of Whitebeards crew who left him to join Rogers crew.

- Shanks just became a emperor 6 years ago, which means that Shanks wasn't one when he met and saved Luffy and he already lost one arm when he became one. It's also said that Shanks has a "balanced" and impregnable crew and Benn Beckman, Lucky Roo and Yasopp were mentioned alongside him, which hints us again that his crew is clearly stronger than Kaido and Big Moms subordinates.

- Akainu still doesn't want to send forces to Wano despite Kaido & Big Moms alliance, which is a weird decision to me even tho Wano's not controlled by WG, considering how much more of a issue they are than Dragons weakened revolutionary army (he basically lost Kuma and Sabo and is baited now to attack Mariejois himself) and the remnants of the former warlords are.

Even Blackbeard, whos making his next big move now should be second in priority for now compared to this big alliance and Luffy + his alliance clashing in Wano.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
Theory ive heard being bounced around is that the scabbards and the main force are at different ports. We've only heard the scabs themselves mention the lizard port specifically, and the assumption is theres a spy amongst their ranks (shinobu?) Who leaked this to orochi. But the others interpreted it differently (its been 20 years...mole port also means earth dragon so it could be that as well?) And perhaps theyve gone off somewhere else. Alternative being jinbe or one of the other big players arriving to save the day with transport...but who knows. Very happy w one piece rn..!!

Theory ive heard being bounced around is that the scabbards and the main force are at different ports. We've only heard the scabs themselves mention the lizard port specifically, and the assumption is theres a spy amongst their ranks (shinobu?) Who leaked this to orochi. But the others interpreted it differently (its been 20 years...mole port also means earth dragon so it could be that as well?) And perhaps theyve gone off somewhere else. Alternative being jinbe or one of the other big players arriving to save the day with transport...but who knows. Very happy w one piece rn..!!
Nah, they're at the correct port. If you look at the map, that's the only way they can get to Onigashima. However, after the bridge bombardment, all the forces need to pass through the Flower Festival to reach the port.

ONE DREEEEEEAM, ONE WIIIIISH

But seriously, I just finished Impel Down a few days ago, and once I get more time to read more, I'll finish the pre-timeskip. Trippy stuff so far, but I've heard it gets even better than that once someone like me gets past Dressrosa. Did the manga really have any bad story arcs? Dressrosa seems like the only one that dragged at 102 chapters, but I'm not sure how long it'll take me to catch up once I get past that.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
some of the best chapters are gonna be coming up soon too, we should be getting hints on what's at raftel and maybe learn more about rogers crew and roger himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)