[Online Competition] 3v3 Little Cup (check OP for the giveaway thread)

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Not normally a LC player but I'm really liking how stupid fast this PGL LC metagame is, even if Sneasel literally owns the format. Currently 20-5 and broke 1700, taking a break right now. Most of the losses being attributed to one unfortunate turn of hax which I notice is even more crippling here. If you get crit or miss just one turn it's incredibly difficult to recover, if at all possible. Few things I've noticed in my battles on the competition ladder so far:

-I've seen maybe 1 Yanma, not seen many Fletchling and only a few Swirlix, the Swirlix I did see were leads that lost 1v1 to Fake Out + Icicle Crash
-Stealth Rock is not common just like in BS Singles, but it's still devastating when used effectively (got destroyed one game because the team I brought was SR weak + Magnemite). I'm also running SR on Diglett and have literally never used SR, there's just no opportunity to use it given Diglett just wants to trap stuff
-No Assist Spore, Evasion spam, Swagger or any of that garbage in the games I've played. All good fun but I should consider myself lucky for not seeing even one of these yet, I'm sure I'll see one sooner or later
-Colbur Berry Honedge is literally god

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a few things I'm really scared of encountering in this competition: Swirlix - especially the Cotton Guard one since I can't pick it off with Fletchling, and Chinchou - because there are no great Grass-types and they're all easily beaten by Sneasel / Fletchling, Scyther etc. anyway... My pool of available Pokemon is pretty much limited to what I could grab done the shiny giveaway we did, which is ok since the ones I got are all viable, but I'm having trouble putting together the best team, and just find myself dying to Swirlix. Fairy STAB and Flamethrower for coverage is pretty great, and it becomes bulky af with Cotton Guard + Calm Mind + Berry Juice...

I really wanna use Magnemite since it's one of my favourites, and Berry Juice + Sturdy is cool and all, but I just can't find a spot for it on my team at all. I'm pretty tempted to just run a few weird sets like Rocky Helmet Snivy and just have some fun... This isn't a bad meta at all by any means, but it's more over-centralising than the Fairy Face Off where Mawile ran rampant, at least specs Klefki there haha
My issue with Swirlix is that I have no teammate that has a Poison attack and my Onix has my only Steel type, which every Swirlix avoided.

Cranidos was pretty beastly also, the 2 I faced anyway.
have problems with swirlix i see. well here's something that can help!

PuLlInG bItChEs (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Psych Up
- Recycle

quick skinny:

1.) Mag is prolly one of the best checks to Swirlix since it resists most of it's coverage (Surf / Psychic) and Sturdy ensures you'll bop it hard with Flash Cannon.

2.) Psych Up is the most bullshit move this mon can run. You get to copy boost from your opponent and basically get free damage and defensive boosts from Swirlix

3.) BJ + Recycle is prolly the most scumbag way of staying alive but it ensure you can bust two nuts for the price of one

edit: 236 SpA / 236 Spe Modest Nature lets you hit 14 Speed and tie with Swirl adn still hit 20 SpA

edit 2: unburden doesnt copy swirlix's speed boost, it's somethign i know of but just in case you thought you'd be getting x2 speed by hitting psych up you're horribly mistaken.

edit 3: Artic pointed out that thunder wave is a better option over psych up to bait free recycle turns

Last edited:
How are things going down so far in the competition? Due to time I didn't participate but I really would like to know how you guys have been doing and how you guys have found it so far!

Just lost 2 battles because of 2 neccesary crits on first moves in won positions, RNG strikes again... 12-2 or 13-2, I think

EDIT: another loss because I accidently didn't pres hard enough on the move selecting screen, so I timed out, and I executed the only move that lost. I'm about to quit this whole shit, lol

EDIT 2: Finished day 2 with a rating of ~1715.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I'm quite enjoying the competition so far. Nobody's been able to stop The Best Swirlix, the CG+CM set (except that one guy who brought SD Sneasel and swept me). Sure, it's slower than the Drum set to get ready, but after a CG you're not getting OHKOed on the physical side. After rocks (Onix is pretty good even if BJ is taken by Swirlz) +1 Flamethrower destroys all those steel types that thought they could beat The Mighty Swirl.

Here's a calc (aka fuck your "check" Jac ) for you
+1 0 SpA Swirlix Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 18-22 (94.7 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also Draining Kiss is a fun move to use because it heals so much HP. Granted, poison types are annoying, but at +2 SpA and SpDef you can still break through.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
I'm quite enjoying the competition so far. Nobody's been able to stop The Best Swirlix, the CG+CM set (except that one guy who brought SD Sneasel and swept me). Sure, it's slower than the Drum set to get ready, but after a CG you're not getting OHKOed on the physical side. After rocks (Onix is pretty good even if BJ is taken by Swirlz) +1 Flamethrower destroys all those steel types that thought they could beat The Mighty Swirl.

Here's a calc (aka fuck your "check" Jac ) for you
+1 0 SpA Swirlix Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 18-22 (94.7 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also Draining Kiss is a fun move to use because it heals so much HP. Granted, poison types are annoying, but at +2 SpA and SpDef you can still break through.
I dont know why you needed to show this calc, it's obvious that after sr, mag is ohkod. i would hope it was common sense enough to preserve the sturdy so you had a guarenteed set up against it.

hence check

i mena if you have a better swirlix check by all means please show us.

I noticed Skrelp is very common because it beats most CG+CM Swirlix, but I'm 21-9 after day 2, My battles have been very haxy, But i'm having a lot of fun. I'm very disapointed with how Makuhita has done though, it has beaten about 2/10 sneasels and got 2HKOd by one with brick break. On the other hand I couldn't be more happy with how Cranidos has done, it straight up swept 2 teams because of raw power and speed from the choice scarf. My Meditite and Sneasel have being in about 27/30 games each because of how good they are. I'll post my team tomorrow.

I dont know why you needed to show this calc, it's obvious that after sr, mag is ohkod. i would hope it was common sense enough to preserve the sturdy so you had a guarenteed set up against it.

hence check

The whole psych up idea is too gimmicky and situational imo. Remember that it doesn't copy the speed boost... (EDIT: I assumed it already was set-up with the unburden boost) so assuming everything goes according to your plan, you get 1) hit by flamethrower, heals up 2) psych up, 3) get hit by flamethrower again, bringing mag to low health, 4) kill swirlix, 5) gets revenged by basically anything. And keeping sturdy intact might not be as simple as it sound - as a swirlix user myself, I obviously make it a top priority to get them on the field when I see mag. But of course, every magnemite without sturdy is bad, not only yours lol

EDIT: Thunder wave over psych up gives it more general purpose imo (by paralyzing first, then fish for a free recycle), and makes it more worthy of the best item in the meta.

Growlithe and Koffing are two other decent checks, but it really depends on the coverage move.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

hence check

Sorry, let me rephrase. My first calc was very much tongue-in-cheek, as while 0 SpA is feasible it loses out on several KOs compared to 44 SpA.

Your check does not work if rocks are up, and if rocks are up it still loses as long as Swirlix runs Flamethrower. Psych up does not copy unburden boosts, so Swirlix can hit you before your boosted Flash Cannon can smash its face in.

+1 44 SpA Swirlix Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 3-5 (15.7 - 26.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
+1 44 SpA Swirlix Flamethrower vs. +1 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 14-18 (73.6 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sure, you have a small chance to survive. Mag has 19 HP, and the rolls look like this.
(3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

6.3% of the time Mag always loses. The rest of the time you're relying on a 25% chance to hit a 14 on the flamethrower. All told, about a 23% chance to check Swirlix.

That's not reliable in the slightest. In addition, if Swirlix is running DG over Draining Kiss there are no rolls, Mag just dies.

This is absolutely reliable for Surf or Psychic Swirlix however. A good check I've heard (and seen on the sim ladder) was Skrelp since it resists flamethrower, although it also loses to psychic.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
The whole psych up idea is waay to gimmicky imo. Remember that it doesn't copy the speed boost... so assuming everything goes according to your plan, you get 1) hit by flamethrower, heals up 2) psych up, 3) get hit by flamethrower again, bringing mag to low health, 4) kill swirlix, 5) gets revenged by basically anything. And keeping sturdy intact might not be as simple as it sound - as a swirlix user myself, I obviously make it a top priority to get them on the field when I see mag. But by all means, it must be fun when it works
I'll admit, most of my matches were SR-less so in that case I'd say Mag loses worth since it would need to have it's Sturdy intact to do things. Psych Up is supposed to be used before the Unburden boost to help it OHKO Swirlix more reliably instead of skating past 6.3% survival rates. With SR up, you'll have to work harder to break Swirlix, like by using Tailwind and Status moves to outspeed and slow it down so you can do much more to it. It's not the best check but it's an answer.

I'll agree that T-Wave serves a good purpose in paralyzing but if they CM boost, it will be harder to OHKO since you cannot get boosts to keep your damage optimal. But i suppose it works out. If anything if we're going to imply SR will always be up, Mag overall is a bad check to Swirlix since it relies on a speed tie, I guess Timid Mag (which hits 15 and outspeed pre-unburden) would work better as you can score the OHKO sooner. The set isnt bad as you claim, it's very niche. It works under certain situations. I guess ones im accustomed to.

Sorry, let me rephrase. My first calc was very much tongue-in-cheek, as while 0 SpA is feasible it loses out on several KOs compared to 44 SpA.

Your check does not work if rocks are up, and if rocks are up it still loses as long as Swirlix runs Flamethrower. Psych up does not copy unburden boosts, so Swirlix can hit you before your boosted Flash Cannon can smash its face in.

+1 44 SpA Swirlix Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 3-5 (15.7 - 26.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
+1 44 SpA Swirlix Flamethrower vs. +1 0 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 14-18 (73.6 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sure, you have a small chance to survive. Mag has 19 HP, and the rolls look like this.
(3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

6.3% of the time Mag always loses. The rest of the time you're relying on a 25% chance to hit a 14 on the flamethrower. All told, about a 23% chance to check Swirlix.

That's not reliable in the slightest. In addition, if Swirlix is running DG over Draining Kiss there are no rolls, Mag just dies.

This is absolutely reliable for Surf or Psychic Swirlix however. A good check I've heard (and seen on the sim ladder) was Skrelp since it resists flamethrower, although it also loses to psychic.
I've already iterated that my set loses if SR is up. The point is that, SR-less matches are more or less in your favor since you are able to steal boosts from Swirlix and avoid being OHKO'd unless you are unlucky enough to recieve a burn from Flamethrower. Im aware that Unburden boosts arent copied by Psych Up so no need to constantly point that out. Also i thought the common SpA to run on Swirlix was max (204) not 44.

Lastly, Surf and Psychic are rare coverage moves. I would agree that Mag would have a much easier time dealing with it in this way but the more common coverage move is Flamethrower by a long shot.

9-6 today and 28-17 for the event.

Best match had to be my last match. I swept with my Onix that was Swaggered. His Murkrow used Swagger and I still dropped him with Rock Blast. His Sneasel came out and I got hit with Icicle Crash and my Berry Juice kicked in and I hit him with Rock Blast. His Scyther came out and he forfeited.

My team was just not diverse enough.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I'm finally done with everything I had to do this weekend and can finally start playing. What's been good here? Is it all just Sneasel / Swirlix / Scyther? Is Stealth Rock Popular at all?

Time to build the most anti-meta team and snipe wins at the end of the comp :pimp:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cant say Didn't you have to register your team already when signing up?
Nope. Your Battle Box does not need to be locked until you do your first battle. It prompts you to do it when you go into Battle Spot > Online Competitions in your game, but you can simply chose 'No' when it asks. I've done this nearly every competition since I'm always hella busy on Friday's/Saturday's.

I think for the next comp I'm gonna have to make a guide to this since I've had A LOT of questions regarding it. I will admit that they've made the whole registration process super confusing

Damn it I coulda participated in sooo many competitions if I knew about that!!! I thought you always needed your team ready and locked BEFORE signing up!

Ok since I'm finished my battles for day 3 here is my team:

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Makuhita @ Coba Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 180 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

Meditite @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 36 HP / 204 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Atk / 116 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Cranidos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Swirlix @ Oran Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 232 Def / 220 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower

So I went with Fake out dual STAB Sneasel, I would probably change Icicle Crash out for Ice Punch or Brick Break if I was to do it again because I missed so many and I lost every mirror match, but Sneasel was without a doubt the best poke in the format.

Next up was Makuhita, HUGE disappointment, it did nothing the entire time, I brought it 9/15 games for the first day then 0/30 the next two days. It just didn't beat sneasel, it got 2HKOd by life orb Brick Break and was OHKOd by the Scyther (through the Coba) I left it in on to kill with rock slide. 0.1/10 would not use again

Next was Sash Meditite, Meditite was my favourite poke in early XY little cup. It was brought to nearly every game and got atleast 5 3-0s by itself. The Sash let me beat every Scyther and just kill them off. I would have liked to have another Punch on the set since I was walled by to many pokes, Skrelp, Slowpoke and most Ghosts but all of these moves were SO important.

Fourthly Tirtouga, very strong, I ran max speed so you could out pace Sneasel after the boost, the only problem I had was with the popularity of Sun aka Vulpix + Tangela. It got a couple sweeps and I liked it overall.

Now the Monster that is Scarf Canidos, SO good, there were many teams with no switch in to rock slides and it just killed them, Iron head OHKOd Swirlix and Fire Punch hit the combo of Scyther and Magnemite, it would switch in on the predicted EQ. 10/10 would use again.

Lastly I brought Swirlix, mostly as a scare factor so people would bring out there counters because in my early games with it I just got crit so I gave up on it mostly unless I really needed it. I went for a more bulky build because I wanted to be able to live hits before my boosts better.

I ended 30-15 so 2:1 win, lose not bad but I would have liked to do better.

This was a really fun competition. I just finished up my last game with a record of 40-5 and a rating of 1878 before my last game, a win against a ~1550. I suspect I'm something like ~1885 which is hopefully pretty close to the top. I never ran into anyone higher than ~1820 so maybe.

The Team:

Yanma @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Detect

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Power-Up Punch

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 SpA
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recycle

Onix @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Sleep Talk

Swirlix @ Oran Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 148 Def / 124 SpA / 140 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind

I think most of it is self explanatory. I went with a Timid Mag so it had the best chance to beat other Mag and burdened Swirlix, this came into play a lot. The 4th slot on Onix was one I was toiling over until the last moment, I ended up picking Sleep Talk just in case I encountered Assist Purloin + Spore, which I did and it won me that game.
Yanma was easily the MVP throughout the whole event, I brought it to nearly every game (most often as a lead) and it always made a huge contribution to the game.

Some interesting stuff I ran into
  • TR Dual Screens Spritzee followed up by a Curse + Last Resort Eevee
  • Protect Sub Toxic Torchic, a horrible thing to lose against.
  • Only two uses of SR, one from a Gligar and the other from a Red Card Onix.
  • No sun teams, but a couple of lone Vulpix. I thought there would be a few Tangela but there weren't.
  • A CM war with two Swirlix which I won by time stalling, including a switch to Yanma on the penultimate turn (to follow with a detect for the game) which ended up eating what could have been a game losing crit had I stayed in with my Swirlix.
  • A near mirror match, the opponent had everything except Yanma where they had Scyther.
Also a weird observation: the vast majority of the 1700+ players I played against where either French or Japanese (even at 4am Japan time), no AmeriFrens.

I now want them to do LC Doubles as well, it's something I'm really interested in playing.

• No sun teams, but a couple of lone Vulpix. I thought there would be a few Tangela but there weren't.
I now want them to do LC Doubles as well, it's something I'm really interested in playing.
I saw atleast 10 Sun teams, the teams must have been around 1650 not 1800
And LC Doubles would be really cool

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Well I just played as many matches as a could before the deadline with a team I barely tested. I ended going for like 14-3 with at least 1630 points. I ended up having a lot of fun for almost two hours and wish it went until the usual 23:59 GMT finishing time! My knowledge of Littlecup before this was zero, so I had to do some reading around before figuring out what I wanted to do. I also had no time to breed so I claimed a heap of stuff from the giveaway that rufusdrumknott and co. ran and tried to be a little creative with them..

PV$$YMAGN3T (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash
- Recycle
- Thunder Wave

doge (Growlithe) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Spiritus (Gastly) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 20 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Kamaitachi (Sneasel) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

Fire Arrow (Fletchling) (M)
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Tailwind

Khawlah (Pawniard) (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Magnemite is one of my all time favourite mons from my days playing Silver so I had to use SturdyJuice. I wished I had Protect over Recycle so I could win the 1v1s against Fake Out users.. Growlithe was meant to be my physical wall, and he was OK at it, Meditite wrecked him though (didn't help that I missed Will-O-Wisp twice in a row). Those were the only two I bred (and I got a perfect parent for Growlithe off MagnusArcanum, thanks man), the rest were giveaway shinies, lol. Gastly was easily my MVP, Ghost+Fighting coverage, with Icy Wind to slow things down to 2HKO and Destiny Bond for clutch kills, I loved him. Sneasel was strong af, nothing else to say. Fletchling was real cool, Acrobatics was strong, and Tailwind before dying to a Magnemite got me a clutch win against a Scarf Growlithe. Pawniard was my least used, meant to check Sneasel and stuff.

Here's some replays:

VDEG-WWWW-WW23-BCGM
Fletchling gets up the clutch Tailwind. Sneasel is strong

R4UW-WWWW-WW23-BCHV
Growlithe actually walls a Meditite then kills a Fletchling

H5TW-WWWW-WW23-BCKK
Icy Wind is too good, allows for D Bond fun

I hope the gap between now and the next competition isn't as long as this and Enter the Dragon Type!

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Called it at 29 battles, ended 23-6 and decided I was satisfied with my results. Should be somewhere around 1700 which is decent. Sneasels with a Fighting move (PuP, Low Sweep), Tirtouga and the one game where Stealth Rock appeared were what I struggled with the most, otherwise I'm satisfied with how things went given my lack of knowledge in LC. Diglett felt like my weakest member though, it never contributed much to the games where I did bring it but it wasn't useless. Sneasel, Honedge and Houndour were the most consistent though, since Fletchling didn't always have a good enough matchup to warrant bringing. Magnemite, while getting less use than I'd hoped, did have a good role in letting me Recycle stall out Light Screen turns in one game for Houndour to clean up. Breeding and EV training this team was worth the effort though.

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Recycle
- Thunderbolt

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Fake Out

Fletchling
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Honedge @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Sneak

Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Well I finished with 1651 points going 13W-3L, 532nd overall. Managed 2nd in Australia, falling again to Erebyssial! Spewing I was busy and started so late coz I felt like my team was pretty solid so could have maybe gone a little higher. Massive congratz to Jhon, a huge accomplishment to top the global rankings for these comps which are always dominated by the Japanese.

I'd normally post a big analysis of the most used Pokemon but they're so strait forward that I'm not gonna bother too much. Sneasel had what, like +80% usage on PS! so it was obviously gonna be up there here. I'm surprised Pawniard isn't in the top 12 though since it's S-tank in Smogon LC and has a pretty good matchup against a bunch of stuff. Meditite at no.12 is pretty low, all I've heard is how ridiculously good it was, must have flown under the radar for a lot of players. I'm surprised to see Murkrow, Misdreavus and Ferroseed since I didn't see a single one (even in team preview or PS!) but hey I only played 16 (real) games hahaha.

Seriously disappointed that the next competition has been announced to be another VGC one because a) I don't play it - and b) you can just go on Doubles Battle Spot to play it.... Ah well, maybe we'll get something cool next month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)