I'm surprised nobody made a thread about this yet in suggestions, since I often hear it anecdotally. All of these could be settings in the top-right drop-down, or else implemented in some other way. All of these commands are possible normally, but a sort of persistence setting would be for the users' convenience.
- Replaces the need for typing /ionext before every challenge / ladder battle.
- Useful for players doing multiple test matches with other players via challenges
- Useful for players who prefer to ladder with anonymity; e.g. they don't want replays saved or don't want spectators / theoretical scouting bots joining
- Automatically turns on the timer when a battle begins, requested by the particular user.
- Can still be turned off by the player that started the timer; this would be unlike a manual timer enforced and started by Showdown itself, and more like a player started the timer.
- Useful for VGC players who want to replicate cartridge settings while playing matches.
- Useful for players who often turn on timer automatically at the start of matches to keep the pace of the game lively.
- If both players have the automated /timer on setting on, you would probably determine the player that the start of the timer comes from by using the same method of determining player 1/player 2 for purposes of things like Dancer speed ties.
- Toggles the "ignore spectators" battle options for every game.
- Useful for players who don't mind spectators watching, and so don't need /ionext, but still don't want to read comments.