I know you can reroll abilities in Raids, but can you reroll forms? Like can you reset for a antique sinistea or a different colored florges.
Was something that came to mind as I spent far too long trying to figure out if a sinistea raid i was in could even make out the mark before just catching it and checking that way (it was phony, obviously). Like SRing is a nightmare so I'd rather just run through normal sinistea if i was interested in one, but curious nontheless.
While I don't have a definitive answer, there is something I've seen with Raids which leads me believing Forms are locked.
As we all know, before you start a Raid you're given the silhouette of the Pokemon you're about to battle. Now for most Pokemon this would only tell you the Species of the Pokemon, but for some Pokemon it may reveal a bit more: form. Off the top of my head, I've seen Raids for the rare Family of Three Maushold* and for the different forms of Paldean Tauros. If the forms were randomized when you started the Raid, I'd imagine they would have shown the "stock" form's silhouette. But since these specific Pokemon have different menu icons thus those are used when Raids for them occur, I'd imagine it's the same for all Pokemon with forms even if they use the menu icon as the "stock" form. Three more examples:
- Dudunsparce, for whatever reason, only has one menu icon which is of its Two-Segment Form. Because of this, I have not heard of there being a Three-Segment Raid. Since they only show Two-Segment, all are Two-Segment.
- Gender is an interesting topic. It seems like Gender too is decided before the Raid, and it can be male or female regardless of the gender of the silhouette Pokemon. So you can have a Raichu Raid and it'll show the male Raichu silhouette, however the Raichu you face could very well be female. And all instances of that specific Raid will be the same gender, even if you lost and got kicked out, if you tried again it'll be the same gender. Like one story I heard is of a group of players looking for a male Kirlia but no matter how many times they rerolled a Raid it was always female.
- Finally, one which possibly relates more to your question, after much looking I learned that all Squawkabilly Raids are of the Green Form. So, even when a Pokemon has multiple forms which can share the same menu icon, it'll likely be locked to one form still.
So, now comes the situation with Sinistea:
- Regarding your question. No. If the Sinistea you got is a Phony, it'll always be a Phony no matter how many times you reroll.
- Now, whether you can GET an Antique Sinistea in a Raid, the answer is looking like no as well. Which is interesting, because in SwSh you COULD find an Antique Sinistea (and Polteageist) in a Max Raid. However, for Sinistea, there is only one Raid programmed for it and if its a Phony Form. Now Polteageist has two Raids programmed for it, a 4 star and 5 star Raid, but since Antique is meant to be a rare form and I have not read anything about either stars being its Antique form, I think its safe to assume both are also Phony forms.
* BTW, all Family of Three Maushold Raids are 4 stars while all Family of Four Maushold Raids are 6 stars... Methinks a GF employee made a mistake there...