Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome, its been a while since ive posted one of my cores but user TheNegativeOne requested me to post a Tangrowth core.
So without further ado, here it is.
Tangrowth+Tyranitar+Manectric Mega Balanced core.

This core is fairly simple to use, it has overall great bulk, can gain momentum using Manectric, can spunge hits using Tangrowth and Tyranitar and does generally well in the current meta. I personally like using this core alot, though it can struggle against Charizard Mega X and Venusaur Mega, so watch out for those.

Ill now go a bit more in dept on the team members:

Tangrowth

Tangrowth is meant to take on pokemon like Keldeo, Breloom, Ferrothorn and Azumarill safely for this core, with its specialized EV spread it can take any two hits from Keldeo (baring specs icy wind) and revenge kill it, it has Hidden Power Fire to safely take on Ferrothorn, Leaf Storm is so it has a strong STAB attack, Earthquake is to take down Heatran and other strong Steel type pokemon and Knock Off is for utility purposes.

Tyranitar

Tyranitar is mainly used to Pursuit trap Gengar and Latios/Latias while also being able to check Bisharp and Hoopa Unbound safely, it has a fairly standard movepool and EV spread, nothing too special. Pursuit is for Pursuit trapping, Crunch is used as a secondary STAB option, Stone Edge is used as a strong STAB option and Superpower is used for coverage.

Manectric Mega

Manectric Mega is used to catch momentum, which is quite important to have currently, this pokemon also has a standard move set and EV spread, but ill explain it anyway. Volt Switch is to catch momentum, Thunderbolt is used as its main STAB, Hidden Power Ice is used for Bolt-Beam coverage and Overheat is used over Flamethrower because it's used in fast hit and run bursts anyway, so the -2 special attack doesnt really mean anything to it.

Well this has been fun making, and I hope that youll have fun using it too, Omega out.

Importable:
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Last edited:
I'm really surprised this isn't a core yet
Poor Mans Deosharp (Bisharp + Klefki Offensive Core)

I can't even begin to describe how insane Adamant Bisharp is with Spikes support. It hits so hard, capable of completely breaking one of its best offensive answers in Keldeo and even bulkier answers like Hippo, especially after repeated Spikes damage. Bisharp still being alive deters Defog, which really pressures other teams because +2 Bisharp is easily one of the scariest things to face in the entire tier. Klefki also provides Thunder Wave support which is a godsend for Bisharp to get over its low speed and Magnet Rise allows Klefki to turn bulky Ground types into set up bait. This core is really splashable on HO because speed control, a fairy and lati switch in, and spikes are all very important and Klefki's role compression is great. Partners for this core include the like of Mega Lop, Mega Medi, Mega Manectric, Gengar, in general - fast attackers that like having their checks worn down. Threats to the core are mainly Electric types and Fighting types as they shrug off Klefkis Foul Play and force Bisharp out. Fire types are also threatening as the like of Charizard can 50/50 with Roost and Sucker Punch while Talonflame can just Wisp Bisharp

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def
: 308-363 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
: 286-339 (70.7 - 83.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def
: 227-269 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def
: 292-344 (69.5 - 81.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def
: 238-281 (73.6 - 86.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def
: 198-233 (61.3 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def
: 168-199 (48.9 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
Those are just a few example, but Bisharp is fucking insane

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance / Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Oh great, thanks. . . I also want to note that magic coat is something kleki can learn that I've been messing around with lately and can work relatively well in some situations.

Last edited:
Here's a balance core I've recently made that I think would function well, and if it's already been posted, or if I make any mistakes on my forum post, forgive me, I'm new to actually posting things on the forum ;w;

MEGA GYARADOS:
The point of Mega Gyarados is quite simple on this core, actually. Intimidate a threat when you first come in, Mega Evolve, Set up a Dragon Dance, then make like a broom with the sweeping. The moveset is rather standard, but that really isn't a big issue. Waterfall and Crunch are your main STAB moves, and Earthquake is for coverage, it especially helps that it boops Rotom Wash with Mold Breaker after a +1, Waterfall 2HKOs fully invested Mega Sableye for catching it on the switch, and beating Mega Charizard X in a 1v1 scenario, which not many pokemon can claim to be able to do.

+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 264-312 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 138-163 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 340-400 (114.4 - 134.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

THUNDURUS:
Thundurus on this core actually serves a different purpose than to set up Nasty Plots and sweep. The point of it is to paralyze threats that would otherwise give this core a hard time, such as Mega Lopunny, Clefable, Keldeo, and most importantly, Serperior and Mega Venusaur, and then potentially clean up late game. Thunderbolt should be your main STAB attacking option at all times, Superpower for hitting unsuspecting Tyranitars, Heatrans, and just all around surprising pokemon who would otherwise like to switch in. Now, you have the option of either Hidden Power Ice, which can hit Lando-T, Flying Types, and Ground Types in general, or, my preferred option, Hidden Power Flying, which will still allows you to hit the Grass types that HP Ice hits, but also allows you to damage Mega Venusaur, and most of the time, other pokemon that resist HP Ice. It also gets STAB, so, that's nice.

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 257-304 (66.7 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 369-437 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 203-242 (56.5 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 333-395 (79.2 - 94%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 182-216 (51.7 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

HIPPOWDON: Hippowdon on this core is mainly for setting up hazards and phazing out set up sweepers, such as Mega Charizard X if it already has a DD up, CM Clefable, DD Altaria, Mega Scizor, and Talonflame. Earthquake is used as a relatively powerful STAB move for when you absolutely need to attack, and it packs a good punch as it's sporting Hippowdon's very solid Base 112 Attack Stat plus STAB behind it. Stealth Rocks is for setting up entry hazards for chip damage, as well as discouraging Charizards and Talonflames from coming in. Slack Off is for essential HP restoration, and Whirlwind is chosen for phazing.

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 301-355 (71.6 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 218-258 (73.4 - 86.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 168-198 (40 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 202-238 (48 - 56.6%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 223-263 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 238-282 (56.6 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 199-235 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

RECOMMENDED TEAMMATES:
Rotom Wash: I recommend Rotom Wash as a teammate, as it can neutralize physical attackers with burns, tank Azumarill's hits, wall Non Choice Specs Keldeo, helps with Tornadus-T, and handles other Thundurus'

Lati@s: Latios can work as an Offensive threat with it's Base 130 Life Orb Boosted STAB Draco Meteor, which does an immense amount to anything that doesn't resist it, and provide much wanted hazard removal support for Thundurus, and can handle Mega Venusaur without the need to run Hidden Power Flying if you decide to run HP Ice. Latias can work, however, as a more bulky alternative. And while you lose a Draco Meteor as powerful as Latios', you gain access to Healing Wish to heal your Mega Gyarados, Hippowdon, or really any teammate that needs it after Latias has served it's purpose in removing hazards and dealing damage with Draco Meteor.

Clefable: Clefable can fit on here as either an Unaware wall for the likes of DD Feraligatr, DD Dragonite, DD Mega Altaria, etc. and then paralyze them with a Thunder Wave, crippling them, and then healing off the damage and firing off a Moonblast. It can also work as a Cleric for removing pesky Toxics and Burns on your Gyarados and Hippowdon, and finally, the standard Magic Guard Calm Mind set can also fit on here with Thunder Wave, again, as a more bulky teammate with Thunder Wave so it can absorb hits better, but this one has sweeping potential at the cost of losing your ability to help against Setup Sweepers.

Sets:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Again, I apologize if I didn't post this right, I'm new to posting on the forums and not just viewing them, sorry. ;w; If you have any advice for my core, then please feel free to reply, I'm welcome to all constructive criticism and advice ^-^

Last edited:
Actually, I decided I'd post another core or two on here, so here's one I thought up when I was looking for either some good Offensive Fire/Water/Grass or Psychic/Fighting/Dark cores, and I hadn't seen it up here, so why not?

BISHARP: This is a Lum SD Bisharp set, something I NEVER run, which anyone who knows me will tell you, but I feel like it works the best with this core, but you can also run the All Out Attacking Bisharp with Pursuit over Swords Dance, and Black Glasses over Lum Berry (That's my personal preference, though a Life Orb is fine.) Not much to say about this, as it's pretty standard. You're going to want to use this to deter defog, of course, and scare away pokemon that Alakazam himself cannot handle on his own, such as the Latis, Clefable, etc.

ALAKAZAM: Now here's the bread and butter of your team, Alakazam. This is what you're going to want to have out as much as possible to go to work on the opponent's team, with his strong STAB options, good Special Attack, great Speed tier, and amazing coverage. Life Orb Magic Guard is the set you want to be running, over Sash, as the Life Orb boost is much needed to net some KOs after Stealth Rock damage. Energy Ball is used over Focus Blast here because Conkeldurr has all the power for a Fighting type move you could need, and it's great if you use the pokemon I mention down below for this core, MScizor, Heatran, and Clefable, because it'll give Manaphies who think they can get away with setting up Tail Glows a nice boop in the noggin. HP Fire is used because no Focus Blast, and again, Conk has the Ice coverage you need. It also hits Scizor, Ferrothorn, and other Steel types MUCH harder than HP Ice. Again, feel free to use a standard set. This is just what the original core is.

CONKELDURR: This may seem like a strange option, because Keldeo would fit much better, right? Well, yes, through his Sub CM set alone, he would make more sense than Conkeldurr. But you're using Conkeldurr here for SHEER, raw power via his Sheer Force Life Orb set, which completely annihilates anything that doesn't resist all his moves, and even then some. Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr 2HKOs some of the bulkiest OU walls, such as Hippowdon with Ice Punch, Ferrothorn with Drain Punch, and even OHKOing Defensive Landorus T after a -1 and Stealth Rocks with Ice Punch. Keldeo would be a better option through a pure offensive standpoint, but Conkeldurr can also bluff Guts, making your opponent REALLY want to reconsider clicking that Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, and that's all you need to find a solid, sweet 2HKO to one of Alakazam's and Bisharp's walls. You can choose between Thunder Punch, Knock Off, Poison Jab, both are fantastic options, and I thank the sexy user named Patolegend below me for the recommendation of Thunder Punch. The chosen speed is to outspeed common Adamant Banded Azumarills so you can OHKO with Thunder Punch and Poison Jab no matter what, even if they come in to try and revenge kill you, as well as being used to outspeed uninvested Skarmory, Belly Drum Azu, and uninvested Mega Scizor (Again, thank you Pato). Superpower is also an option (Thanks again to Pato for the recommendation) to use in conjunction with Thunder Punch to KO Mega Scizor after rocks, and for sheer nuking potential.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 463-546 (130.7 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-268 (53.8 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 250-296 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 263-309 (65 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 110-130 (32 - 37.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 200-238 (58.3 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

SUGGESTED TEAMMATES:
HEATRAN: I cannot stress this enough: I highly, HIGHLY suggest SpDef Heatran for a team member. It can set up rocks, wear down pokemon with Toxic, phaze sweepers, pass out burns and deal damage at the same time, tank hits, etc. It's just too good to pass up.
A GOOD WEATHER CHCEK MON: Not much more to say about this, but this core could really, REALLY use a good weather check pokemon to go with it, any one of them work really.
Mega Altaria/Mega Scizor: I recommend Mega Altaria as a Support Pokemon for this team, with Heal Bell, and a Special Attacking set so that your Bisharp wont have to deal with a Burn after it's Lum, Alakazam won't get crippled by TWave, and Conk won't be pestered by a Burn. Alternatively, Mega Scizor is an option as a Bulky Physical Pivot with Roost, Defog, Bullet Punch, and U-Turn, providing a slower U-Turn to safely get in your three main threats seen in this core.

Clefable (If you chose Mega Scizor): If you chose Mega Scizor, I highly recommend Cleric Clefable, as while yes, this core is very Anti-Status, it is at the same time, very vulnerable to it. Your Lum Berry will only save you once, Magic Guard won't cancel Thunder Wave's effect of quartering your health, and if your opponent figures out that your Conkeldurr ISN'T a Guts variant, they'll burn that thing faster than Mega Salamence went to Ubers. It can also provide some nice Fairy coverage for opposing Dark and Fighting types, while Dragons aren't as big of an issue, it's also a nice check.

Rotom-Wash Makes for a good Talonflame and Azumarill check. Not much more to be said here.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Defense / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch / Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / Knock Off

That's it for now, but I may post some more cores later. Please let me know if you have any advice or constructive criticism for my teams, I'm open to any helpful advice ^-^

Last edited:

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I decided I'd post another core or two on here, so here's one I thought up when I was looking for either some good Offensive Fire/Water/Grass or Psychic/Fighting/Dark cores, and I hadn't seen it up here, so why not?

BISHARP: This is a Lum SD Bisharp set, something I NEVER run, which anyone who knows me will tell you, but I feel like it works the best with this core, but you can also run the All Out Attacking Bisharp with Pursuit over Swords Dance, and Black Glasses over Lum Berry (That's my personal preference, though a Life Orb is fine.) Not much to say about this, as it's pretty standard. You're going to want to use this to deter defog, of course, and scare away pokemon that Alakazam himself cannot handle on his own, such as the Latis, Clefable, etc.

ALAKAZAM: Now here's the bread and butter of your team, Alakazam. This is what you're going to want to have out as much as possible to go to work on the opponent's team, with his strong STAB options, good Special Attack, great Speed tier, and amazing coverage. Life Orb Magic Guard is the set you want to be running, over Sash, as the Life Orb boost is much needed to net some KOs after Stealth Rock damage. Energy Ball is used over Focus Blast here because Conkeldurr has all the power for a Fighting type move you could need, and it's great if you use the pokemon I mention down below for this core, MScizor, Heatran, and Clefable, because it'll give Manaphies who think they can get away with setting up Tail Glows a nice boop in the noggin. HP Fire is used because no Focus Blast, and again, Conk has the Ice coverage you need. It also hits Scizor, Ferrothorn, and other Steel types MUCH harder than HP Ice. Again, feel free to use a standard set. This is just what the original core is.

CONKELDURR: This may seem like a strange option, because Keldeo would fit much better, right? Well, yes, through his Sub CM set alone, he would make more sense than Conkeldurr. But you're using Conkeldurr here for SHEER, raw power via his Sheer Force Life Orb set, which completely annihilates anything that doesn't resist all his moves, and even then some. Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr 2HKOs some of the bulkiest OU walls, such as Hippowdon with Ice Punch, Ferrothorn with Drain Punch, and even OHKOing Defensive Landorus T after a -1 and Stealth Rocks with Ice Punch. Keldeo would be a better option through a pure offensive standpoint, but Conkeldurr can also bluff Guts, making your opponent REALLY want to reconsider clicking that Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, and that's all you need to find a solid, sweet 2HKO to one of Alakazam's and Bisharp's walls. You can choose between Knock Off and Poison Jab, both are fantastic options, though I would vouch more for Poison Jab to slap Azu and other fairies. The chosen speed is to outspeed common Adamant Banded Azumarills so you can OHKO with Poison Jab no matter what, even if they come in to try and revenge kill you.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 463-546 (130.7 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-268 (53.8 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 250-296 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 263-309 (65 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Azumarill: 411-484 (113.2 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

SUGGESTED TEAMMATES:
HEATRAN: I cannot stress this enough: I highly, HIGHLY suggest SpDef Heatran for a team member. It can set up rocks, wear down pokemon with Toxic, phaze sweepers, pass out burns and deal damage at the same time, tank hits, etc. It's just too good to pass up.

Mega Altaria/Mega Scizor: I recommend Mega Altaria as a Support Pokemon for this team, with Heal Bell, and a Special Attacking set so that your Bisharp wont have to deal with a Burn after it's Lum, Alakazam won't get crippled by TWave, and Conk won't be pestered by a Burn. Alternatively, Mega Scizor is an option as a Bulky Physical Pivot with Roost, Defog, Bullet Punch, and U-Turn, providing a slower U-Turn to safely get in your three main threats seen in this core.

Clefable (If you chose Mega Scizor): If you chose Mega Scizor, I highly recommend Cleric Clefable, as while yes, this core is very Anti-Status, it is at the same time, very vulnerable to it. Your Lum Berry will only save you once, Magic Guard won't cancel Thunder Wave's effect of quartering your health, and if your opponent figures out that your Conkeldurr ISN'T a Guts variant, they'll burn that thing faster than Mega Salamence went to Ubers. It can also provide some nice Fairy coverage for opposing Dark and Fighting types, while Dragons aren't as big of an issue, it's also a nice check.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

That's it for now, but I may post some more cores later. Please let me know if you have any advice or constructive criticism for my teams, I'm open to any helpful advice ^-^
Dude you have to run Thunder Punch on Conk with this core, as P.Jab only hits Clef and Gardevoir, both of whom Bisharp wrecks. Superpower is also well worth a shot - Thunder Punch and Superpower KO's Scizor after rocks.

If you run Thunder Punch, then just run max speed Adamant to outspeed uninvested Skarm, BD Azu, and uninvested Mega Sciz.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Core:
Mega Lopunny + SD WoW Talonflame

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Talonflame @ Leftovers / no item
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics

This core operates to overload checks and counters that the members share. Will-O-Wisp Talonflame lures in common answers to Lopunny like Landorus-T, Garchomp and Hippowdon. It also simply beats Chesnaught, bulky Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor and sets up on Mew / Celebi and the like. Doesn't handle Clefable quite as well as Taunt Talon but it can burn Unaware variants and SD up against Magic Guard ones.

In return, Lopunny applies a lot of immediate offensive pressure and takes out things like Heatran, Tyranitar more reliably, while also pressuring pokemon like Rotom-Wash and Mega Diancie. When things like Landorus-T have been weakened, Lopunny can set up a Power-Up Punch far more reliably without having to worry about being weakened too much.

The Talonflame spread is a bit strange, but basically gives it a little more punch than a standard specially defensive Talon, and has a good chance to OHKO Keldeo after SR damage. It still outspeeds all neutral natured Kyurem-Blacks and functions with some nice bulk since its only attacking move is priority anyway. IMO this set is extremely deadly because Will-O-Wisp neuters many of Talonflame's best checks to begin with.

Lopunny's spread is standard and the moveset is honestly up to you, I just think PuP is better than Ice Punch when Talon lures a lot of those checks anyway.

Core's still weak to really bulky waters like Slowbro and some things on offense like Thundurus. Hazard removal is necessary (Latios is a great partner) and it would be best to pack a check to Sand Offense as well.

The neat thing about this core is neither is the set "win condition" in a given match; Lopunny might provide a stronger opportunity to win in some matches, and Talon in others.

Last edited:
Dude you have to run Thunder Punch on Conk with this core, as P.Jab only hits Clef and Gardevoir, both of whom Bisharp wrecks. Superpower is also well worth a shot - Thunder Punch and Superpower KO's Scizor after rocks.

If you run Thunder Punch, then just run max speed Adamant to outspeed uninvested Skarm, BD Azu, and uninvested Mega Sciz.
Yeah, true. TPunch over PJab and Superpower over Drain Punch.. Mmh... Sounds interesting, I'll try it out and edit it or at least make it a recommendation

Offensive Core:
Mega Lopunny + SD WoW Talonflame

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out / Encore / Substitute

Talonflame @ Leftovers / no item
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics

This core operates to overload checks and counters that the members share. Will-O-Wisp Talonflame lures in pokemon like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Hippowdon that are common checks to Mega Lopunny. It also simply beats Chesnaught, bulky Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor and sets up on Mew / Celebi and the like. Doesn't handle Clefable quite as well as Taunt Talon but it can burn Unaware variants and SD up against Magic Guard ones.

In return, Lopunny applies a lot of immediate offensive pressure and takes out things like Heatran, Tyranitar more reliably, while also pressuring pokemon like Rotom-Wash and Mega Diancie. When things like Landorus-T have been weakened, Lopunny can set up a Power-Up Punch far more reliably without having to worry about being weakened too much.

The Talonflame spread is a bit strange, but basically gives it a little more punch than a standard specially defensive Talon, and has a good chance to OHKO Keldeo after SR damage. It still outspeeds all neutral natured Kyurem-Blacks and functions with some nice bulk since its only attacking move is priority anyway. IMO this set is extremely deadly because Will-O-Wisp neuters many of Talonflame's best checks to begin with.

Lopunny's spread is standard and the moveset is honestly up to you, I just think PuP is better than Ice Punch when Talon lures a lot of those checks anyway.

Core's still weak to really bulky waters like Slowbro and some things on offense like Thundurus. Hazard removal is necessary (Latios is a great partner) and it would be best to pack a check to Sand Offense as well.

The neat thing about this core is neither is the set "win condition" in a given match; Lopunny might provide a stronger opportunity to win in some matches, and Talon in others.
Pretty solid core, as usual Bludz. The only thing to watch out for that you didn't mention is Tank Chomp, which handles both of these mons rather easily, unless Lopunny packs Ice Punch, and if it doesn't, Garchomp can set up Stealth Rocks all the while taking off good chunks of your Lopunny's and Talonflame's health, so I'd definitely recommend running Starmie with this, as it also helps with Heatran which can wall your Talonflame and deal pretty good damage to your Lopunny before switching. Other than that, seems great.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pretty solid core, as usual Bludz. The only thing to watch out for that you didn't mention is Tank Chomp, which handles both of these mons rather easily, unless Lopunny packs Ice Punch, and if it doesn't, Garchomp can set up Stealth Rocks all the while taking off good chunks of your Lopunny's and Talonflame's health, so I'd definitely recommend running Starmie with this, as it also helps with Heatran which can wall your Talonflame and deal pretty good damage to your Lopunny before switching. Other than that, seems great.
I mentioned Garchomp. The idea is that Talonflame lures and burns it. Yes you don't particularly want to hit it with Brave Birds afterwards but if you wear it down with the burn then it won't be able to check either member very well later on in the match.

Personally not a fan of Starmie currently and I'm running EQ Latios on this team which still handles Heatran. Still, I won't deny that Starmie is a fine partner.

I mentioned Garchomp. The idea is that Talonflame lures and burns it. Yes you don't particularly want to hit it with Brave Birds afterwards but if you wear it down with the burn then it won't be able to check either member very well later on in the match.

Personally not a fan of Starmie currently and I'm running EQ Latios on this team which still handles Heatran. Still, I won't deny that Starmie is a fine partner.
Oh. RIP my ability to read. And yeah, slap an EQ Latios on there and you're good to go. Only issue is that you become even more susceptible to Thundy packing TWave and Knock Off.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok then so i waisted 2 weeks before hoopa-u came out so heres a hoopa-U core dump!

Hoopa-Unbound+Mega lopunny offensive Core

+

This is a really nice and powerful core right here. Despite how new hoopa-unbound is its become pretty obvious it is complete dead weight vs offense SO why not pair it up with somthing that annoys the living hell out of it? Ive been using this quite a bit and lop is the perfect offensive partner for hoopa-u. Why is this? well lops speed and power allows her to break offense apart while hoopa takes care of those bulky fat stuff lop hates. Its really that simple. As far as sets go you got the standred 4 attacks mega lopunny with ice punch so you can smack those lando-t and chomps. Hoopa-U's set is a bit more complex however. In the first slot you have your dark stab which does crazy damage to pretty much everything. Next you have drain punch which gives you some form of recovery while also nailing bisharp,tyranitar and heatran on the switch while also getting a decent amount of hp back in return. You then have gunk shot which hits stuff like clefable and azumarill while also hitting all non resists pretty hard and last you have psychic which is used to hit the likes of stuff that are more physically bulky its also stab so its hitting pretty hard. The split evs on hoopa get you some kos on certain clef spreads after rocks while also being able to hit hipo for over 50%. Volt-turn is crucial for this core as both lop and hoopa really need the free switch ins. This makes raikou,rotom-W,landorus-T and scizor really good partners as they can get them in for free. Pokemon that resists common priority moves are really important. Most notably talonflame and scizor so this makes heatran a good partner. Garchomp is a solid defensive partner as is prevents physical attacks from using priority moves (most priority moves are physical). T-wave clefable works nice as it resists fighting type moves while also paralizing stuff so hoopa can outspeed more pokemon.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Not a genie (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 98 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
My first few games after I had not played in a while, I used this core. I had a lot of success with Healing Wish on Lopunny though. The Ice Punch coverage didn't really do a lot and healing wish definitely came in clutch a lot.

My first few games after I had not played in a while, I used this core. I had a lot of success with Healing Wish on Lopunny though. The Ice Punch coverage didn't really do a lot and healing wish definitely came in clutch a lot.
You should try running Sub Baton Pass Lopunny, Nasty Plot Hoopa U, and Standard Tank Chomp. It works wonders and I'm not exactly sure whether it's a combination of two cores or a double core, since both HUpa + MLop and HUpa + TankChomp have been on here. Guess you should read those and then it's not hard to see what to do with SubPass MLop + NP HUpa + TankChomp

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Gunk Shot
- Nasty Plot

on my core I honestly think mixed hoopa is significantly better due to how he breaks down the fat mons for lop such as clef,hippo,ferro. The ability to lure said mons and take them out with a coverage move is much more useful. I find np hoopa to be much less useful compared to the mix set (which I prefer with this core)although bp lop is option and np hoopa could work I like the ability to lure much more.

Oh, nothing much. Just allows you to have the high chance of OHKOing a BISHARP with Dark Pulse (guaranteed after rocks), net the OHKO on Mega Venusaur, who can put you to sleep btw, 2HKO Chansey with Psyshock, net the 2HKO on SpDef Tran, etc.

My point: You don't NEED coverage when you have a pokemon with over 830 Special Attack PLUS a Life Orb and two VERY potent STAB attacks cleaning up literally everything in the metagame. It's a Combo Set. You use it on it's own and it's gonna suck, big time.

Hey everyone I'd like to offer up a pretty cool offense core:) I'm on mobile so unfortunately no pictures!

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

The idea here is that mega tyranitar really doesn't need a lot in order to sweep - generally just the elimination of some bulky waters/ grounds and a fighting type here or there. Specifically Hippowdon, rotom-wash, manaphy and slowbro. Serperior comes in on every single one of these guys and fires off a leaf storm. Plus, T-tar takes on the people serp hates like talonflame or Zard Y. Finally, scarf Keldeo punches holes in those aforementioned grounds, like Hippowdon garchomp and lando. All in all this core really does gear towards HO and works like a charm!

p2

Banned deucer.
more Bisharp cores
MediSharp offensive core

I made a pretty short post on this core for the Type Cores thread, but I'll repost this core here because its like the best offensive core ever and i want free likes

Medicham is really good in OU right now and pretty much breaks everything apart from Slowbro, Mega Sableye, Cresselia, and Physically Defensive Mew. That's where Bisharp comes in, Bisharp breaks nearly everything that beats Medicham and they both pressure their offensive checks, ie Keldeo, Electrics, MLop, etc. Bisharp can also run Pursuit to help against Pokemon such as Celebi, Latis which can pressure Medicham a lot too. Good partners for this core include Klefki for Speed Control and Spikes (if you think Bisharp is retarded with Spikes, you haven't seen Medicham), Starmie to prevent hazard chip damage, while also having a way to damage Thundurus and Bulky Garchomp. Garchomp provides SR and a safe answer for Mega Lopunny and can take out most Electrics if its still healthy as most fail to OHKO outside of Specs Raikou. Mons like Raikou provide a solid answer for other Electrics while Latias can handle them to a degree and Healing Wish if Medicham or Bisharp get weakened too much.

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit / Swords Dance

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch / Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

I have a feeling this core, or something similar to it, has been posted here already, but just in case it hasn't:

TRIPLE GROUND (Hippowdon + Mega Garchomp + Excadrill)
+
+

This core is for Sand Offense. It relies on Smooth Rock Hippowdon to set up a sandstorm which allows Sand Force M-Garchomp and Sand Rush Excadrill to tear holes through the opposing team. Another great thing about this core is that it comes with a Rapid Spinner in Excadrill and all three of these Pokémon can set up Stealth Rocks -- but Hippowdon should usually take this role to give M-Garchomp and Excadrill room for setup/support moves.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Whirlwind / Toxic

The standard EV spread from Smogon. It avoids the 2HKO from Thundurus' and Mega Manectric's Hidden Power Ice. Sand Stream activates sandstorm and a Smooth Rock is the chosen item to prolong it. Hippowdon is this core's rock setter. It has reliable recovery in Slack Off and Earthquake is there for STAB. Since Hippowdon is a Talonflame check, Stone Edge is there so that it can beat it. But two alternative options are Whirlwind, which stops setup sweepers and racks up Stealth Rock damage, or Toxic, which wears down the opponent even more with Sand Stream.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

A M-Garchomp after a Swords Dance obliterates opponents. He also has the bulk to be able to set it up. Earthquake and Stone Edge receive a Sand Force boost, while Outrage is the other STAB move.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Sand Rush Excadrill completes this core. A Life Orb is chosen along with an Adamant Nature to maximize damage output (and Excadrill is very fast under sand anyway). Earthquake and Iron Head are its STAB moves, Rock Slide is there for coverage and I personally prefer using Excadrill as my spinner, but Swords Dance is an alternative option.

The two main things this core struggles against are burns and Ice Types. So make sure you carry some Ice resistances -- or Ice checks like Keldeo -- as well as Pokémon which can absorb burns. Some good teammates would be Pokes with the Guts ability (such as Conkeldurr) or Magic Guard users such as Clefable, which works brilliantly with this core as it can pass Wishes, use Heal Bell, and ignores sandstorm damage. Having a fast check to the Lati twins, such as Weavile, really benefits this core since they can KO Garchomp.

I hope you guys like this core!

Last edited:
I have a feeling this core, or something similar to it, has been posted here already, but just in case it hasn't:

TRIPLE GROUND (Hippowdon + Mega Garchomp + Excadrill)
+
+

This core is for Sand Offense. It relies on Smooth Rock Hippowdon to set up a sandstorm which allows Sand Force M-Garchomp and Sand Rush Excadrill to tear holes through the opposing team. Another great thing about this core is that it comes with a Rapid Spinner in Excadrill and all three of these Pokémon can set up Stealth Rocks -- but Hippowdon should usually take this role to give M-Garchomp and Excadrill more room for coverage.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Whirlwind / Toxic

The standard EV spread from Smogon. It avoids the 2HKO from Thundurus' and Mega Manectric's Hidden Power Ice. Sand Stream activates sandstorm and a Smooth Rock is the chosen item to prolong it. Hippowdon is this core's rock setter. It has reliable recovery in Slack Off and Earthquake is there for STAB. Since Hippowdon is a Talonflame check, Stone Edge is there so that it can beat it. But two alternative options are Whirlwind, which stops setup sweepers and racks up Stealth Rock damage, or Toxic, which wears down the opponent even more with Sand Stream.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

This mixed set takes advantage of Draco Meteor and its Sand Force moves -- Earthquake (for STAB) and Stone Edge (for things like Talonflame). Fire Blast is there to hit things like Scizor and Ferrothorn Super-effectively.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Sand Rush Excadrill completes this core. A Life Orb is chosen along with an Adamant Nature to maximize damage output (and Excadrill is very fast under sand anyway). Earthquake and Iron Head are its STAB moves, Rock Slide is there for coverage and I personally prefer using Excadrill as my spinner, but Swords Dance is an alternative option.

The two main things this core struggles against are burns and Ice Types. So make sure you carry some Ice resistances as well as Pokémon which can absorb burns. Some good teammates would be Pokes with the Guts ability (such as Conkeldurr) or Magic Guard users such as Clefable, which works brilliantly with this core as it can pass Wishes, use Heal Bell, and ignores sandstorm damage.

I hope you guys like this core! :)
Honestly, mixed mega chomp is so ass. It is much better to run a swords dance set over any thing else. He is so damn powerful that the coverage isn't needed because everything just drops. Not to mention that he has the BULK to set up the SDs.

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon in Sand: 363-427 (86.4 - 101.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor in Sand: 354-417 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp in Sand: 387-456 (92.1 - 108.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only thing you damage more with fire blast/draco coverage is skarmory, which runs spdef. more often today anyways and still has a chance to ohko

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory in Sand: 258-304 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Imo run sd if you are running rapid spin on drill. (This is all assuming jolly btw out-speeding lando-t, which gives sand problems who you 2hko -1 252 Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 174-205 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

Last edited:
Honestly, mixed mega chomp is so ass. It is much better to run a swords dance set over any thing else. He is so damn powerful that the coverage isn't needed because everything just drops. Not to mention that he has the BULK to set up the SDs.

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon in Sand: 363-427 (86.4 - 101.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor in Sand: 354-417 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp in Sand: 387-456 (92.1 - 108.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only thing you damage more with fire blast/draco coverage is skarmory, which runs spdef. more often today anyways and still has a chance to ohko

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory in Sand: 258-304 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Imo run sd if you are running rapid spin on drill. (This is all assuming jolly btw out-speeding lando-t, which gives sand problems who you 2hko 252 Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 174-205 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)
I never thought about using Swords Dance on M-Garchomp since it's used more on regular Garchomp, but I think those calcs are more than enough to convince me. So I'll change Draco to Outrage and Naughty to Jolly. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Any particular reason not to run Adamant on Chomp? Seems that the speed tier isn't too contested and the extra power could assure some of those OHKOs.

As giovanidude said, it's to outspeed Landorus-T. Other than that I'm not sure.
Here's a nice sandwich of things inside a hide tag that you outspeed if you run Jolly over Adamant (taken from the speed tiers thread):
311 / Garchomp (Mega) / 92 / +Spe / 252 / 0
310 / Charizard, Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / 0
309 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / 0
309 / Lopunny, Sharpedo (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / 0
306 / Lucario / 90 / +Spe / 252 / 0
303 / Manaphy / 100 / +Spe / 160 / 0
302 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / 0
301 / Pidgeot, Thundurus-Therian / 101 / Neutral / 252 / 0
300 / Diancie (Mega), Metagross (Mega) / 110 / Neutral / 176 / 0
299 / Charizard, Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Entei, Gardevoir (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Staraptor, Victini / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Hydreigon / 98 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Heracross, Pinsir, Toxicroak / 85 / +Spe / 252 / 0
290 / Talonflame / 126 / Neutral / 8 / 0
289 / Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Sharpedo, Zygarde / 95 / Neutral / 252 / 0
287 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / +Spe / 252 / 0
285 / Gliscor, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black / 95 / Neutral / 236 / 0
284 / Altaria, Altaria (Mega), Dragonite, Gallade, Gardevoir, Hoopa-Unbound, Mamoswine, Togekiss / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
283 / Garchomp (Mega) / 92 / Neutral / 252 / 0

This isn't necessarily to show that there are a lot of threats that outspeed it. If you can handle most of the things in between the speed difference, you could probably get away with Adamant, especially since there are few things inside the sandwich that are either less common or can increase their speed either via Mega Evolving or a speed-boosting move.

Here's a nice sandwich of things inside a hide tag that you outspeed if you run Jolly over Adamant (taken from the speed tiers thread):
311 / Garchomp (Mega) / 92 / +Spe / 252 / 0
310 / Charizard, Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / 0
309 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / 0
309 / Lopunny, Sharpedo (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / 0
306 / Lucario / 90 / +Spe / 252 / 0
303 / Manaphy / 100 / +Spe / 160 / 0
302 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / 0
301 / Pidgeot, Thundurus-Therian / 101 / Neutral / 252 / 0
300 / Diancie (Mega), Metagross (Mega) / 110 / Neutral / 176 / 0
299 / Charizard, Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Entei, Gardevoir (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Staraptor, Victini / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Hydreigon / 98 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Heracross, Pinsir, Toxicroak / 85 / +Spe / 252 / 0
290 / Talonflame / 126 / Neutral / 8 / 0
289 / Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Sharpedo, Zygarde / 95 / Neutral / 252 / 0
287 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / +Spe / 252 / 0
285 / Gliscor, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black / 95 / Neutral / 236 / 0
284 / Altaria, Altaria (Mega), Dragonite, Gallade, Gardevoir, Hoopa-Unbound, Mamoswine, Togekiss / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
283 / Garchomp (Mega) / 92 / Neutral / 252 / 0

This isn't necessarily to show that there are a lot of threats that outspeed it. If you can handle most of the things in between the speed difference, you could probably get away with Adamant, especially since there are few things inside the sandwich that are either less common or can increase their speed either via Mega Evolving or a speed-boosting move.
Thanks for posting this. I appreciate it!

EDIT: Most of the Pokémon in between usually run a speed boosting nature anyway. And Landorus-T is usually Scarfed or defensive. So I think an Adamant Nature is the way to go. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)