ORAS Mega Stone Location Guide

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's safe to say the OP is finished. I just added Gardevior and Lopunny to the list of megas you can use during the storyline (as well as adding the part about clearing Rusturf Tunnel to get the Gardeviorite, thanks for that SnazzySwampert + Kurona).

Let me know if there's anything I've missed / can improve on

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You might want to make it a bit more specific for Tyranitarite, you wrote you should get as far left as walking allows, I assumed you meant as far left on my screen. Went there, no Mega Stone. It's on the far-right on the screen, but left for the character. It's a bit confusing, or am I just being a bit retarded here? :p
Ah I totally forgot about that, pretty sure that description was a direct CP from someone else, it's been suggested to be corrected already and I must have forgotten. It is indeed on the East side of the mountain (right side of screen). Thanks for pointing that out :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Playing my copy of OR I got for christmas and I can confirm the following.
You can get mawileite, aggregonite and manecite before COO.
Appreciate the input but I've personally confirmed each and every stone and their availability. Only input I need is if you can improve on a description that I've been too vague on. I also need the thread open so I can still edit the OP because afaik I can't do that when it gets locked, and I plan on adding pictures during my next playthrough

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
cant say

Tyranitarite
Post-Cave of Origin
General Location: Jagged Pass
Specific Location: Enter from Mt. Chimney, head down the mountain while keeping as far East as walking will allow. The stone is located near the Acro Bike jumps near the bottom, to the right of some grass.

Just saying... This is much faster going from Lavaridge Town. Just head up on the left hand side up one set of Acro Bike ledges and walk across to the stone. My Friend is using this list and checking some of them. So expect a few edits to this post. I'll likely be doing this too over the weekend or something as well.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
cant say
Tyranitarite
Post-Cave of Origin
General Location: Jagged Pass
Specific Location: Enter from Mt. Chimney, head down the mountain while keeping as far East as walking will allow. The stone is located near the Acro Bike jumps near the bottom, to the right of some grass.

Just saying... This is much faster going from Lavaridge Town. Just head up on the left hand side up one set of Acro Bike ledges and walk across to the stone. My Friend is using this list and checking some of them. So expect a few edits to this post. I'll likely be doing this too over the weekend or something as well.
I decided to make it entering from Mt. Chimney because you don't need a specific bike, if you go from Lavaridge then you need to make sure you have the Acro Bike. Since Mt. Chimney is now Flyable / Eon Flute(able?) to I figured it made sense. I will probably change it if you believe it'd be better to enter from Lavaridge

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I decided to make it entering from Mt. Chimney because you don't need a specific bike, if you go from Lavaridge then you need to make sure you have the Acro Bike. Since Mt. Chimney is now Flyable / Eon Flute(able?) to I figured it made sense. I will probably change it if you believe it'd be better to enter from Lavaridge
Well, this stone is post CoO... So I am assuming most people wouldn't want the stone that desperately until after they have the National Dex (like after the delta episode). And at that point can't you have both Bicycles? Like, I would not expect people to go hunting for these stones without all the correct equipment required.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Well, this stone is post CoO... So I am assuming most people wouldn't want the stone that desperately until after they have the National Dex (like after the delta episode). And at that point can't you have both Bicycles? Like, I would not expect people to go hunting for these stones without all the correct equipment required.
That's a good point actually, I was thinking that you could go get it as soon as you finish the [box legend] subquest to use ASAP but the Larvitar family isn't even found in Hoenn so you'd need to trade them over which would probably happen post-delta ep to use in the Maison etc. with the only case where it would be different is if the player was doing a wonder-locke or something where they have a Larvitar during the story.. I'll be sure to edit the new description in shortly

edit: done

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I think it's safe to say the OP is finished. I just added Gardevior and Lopunny to the list of megas you can use during the storyline (as well as adding the part about clearing Rusturf Tunnel to get the Gardeviorite, thanks for that SnazzySwampert + Kurona).

Let me know if there's anything I've missed / can improve on
Add Beedrill as well to the list of megas you can use during the storyline since Kakuna is available the same time Buneary is.

EDIT: I would also suggest to add Aerodactyl as well since the Old Amber can be obtained via Rock Smash, though I realize this from post-e4, I can't confirm if reviving it is possible post-cave-of-origin.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Add Beedrill as well to the list of megas you can use during the storyline since Kakuna is available the same time Buneary is.

EDIT: I would also suggest to add Aerodactyl as well since the Old Amber can be obtained via Rock Smash, though I realize this from post-e4, I can't confirm if reviving it is possible post-cave-of-origin.
Thanks for the heads up, not sure how I managed to overlook Beedrill. I do remember thinking that Aerodactyl wasn't worth adding as it comes crazy late in the game and requires some serious luck to get. I meant to bring it up for discussion but I obviously forgot that too.

I've put Beedrill between Heracross and Sableye since you need Dive to get to the Storage Room, and Aerodactyl last because you need Waterfall to get to the stone in Meteor Falls. As always, If anyone disagrees / has anything more to add, let me know!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Thanks for the heads up, not sure how I managed to overlook Beedrill. I do remember thinking that Aerodactyl wasn't worth adding as it comes crazy late in the game and requires some serious luck to get. I meant to bring it up for discussion but I obviously forgot that too.

I've put Beedrill between Heracross and Sableye since you need Dive to get to the Storage Room, and Aerodactyl last because you need Waterfall to get to the stone in Meteor Falls. As always, If anyone disagrees / has anything more to add, let me know!
I assumed that Old Amber were pretty common to come by considering I got 3 while I was trying to find a Boldore (when I didn't know that Roggenrola was catchable) by leaving and rejoining Mirage Cave once I rock smashed everything, which reset the rock spawn points. I would mention this in the OP. I also can confirm that Old Amber is available via Rock Smash when inside the Mirage Cave when it appears in the Southeast corner as well (the one with Tynamo and Onix as wild Pokemon). I don't know in which other instances the Old Amber appears. Thank you for updating the OP.

You can also get the Latiosite/Latiasite (whichever one you didn't get during the main story on Southern Island) from Mom after the Delta Episode. You will still need to trade for the Latios or Latias to use it.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize it was already in there.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone mentioned this or if it still matters, but you can also find Swablu in the sky at lv. 40 for an easy Altaria for in-game.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Don't know if anyone mentioned this or if it still matters, but you can also find Swablu in the sky at lv. 40 for an easy Altaria for in-game.
Hmmm, perhaps I could mention that. Getting them on Route 114 like I already have is much earlier though, which means they'd be better trained by the point you can soar as opposed to catching a fresh one then, you can also DexNav the route 114 Swablu so you can get one with good IVs and/or an egg move. However if you don't want to carry one between those stages of the game then catching one in the sky is a fine alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)