phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader

ORAS OU Cup II
(unofficial)

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semifinals | Finals
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard ORAS OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only. Appeals for an activity win will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's ORAS OU Ban List. If the tiers change in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also having a move or ability that boosts Speed and a move or ability that boosts another stat.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Identity
I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Timer Clause
If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
Matches Complete (1/1)
Oibaf vs Corckscrew
Finals will end on Sunday, May 24 2019, at 23:59:59 (Central European Time). The winner reserves the right to display the white mini-trophy (
) in their signature (and a possible other prize? Mysterious). Good luck!

none

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)