ORAS ORAS OU Global Championship 2018: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Sponsored by the Fabulous and Great Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

ORAS OU Global Championship is a standard ORAS OU Tournament with a goal to find the best ORAS OU player of the year.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a best-of-1 vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker best of 1 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final.

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!

ORAS OverUsed Format

Tournament Format
Best of 1, Single Elimination.

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag.

Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salemencite, Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Swagger Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (64 man as an example)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 best of 1 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 best of 1 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 best of 1 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 best of 1 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 best of 1 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of best of 1 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a best of 1 match to see who progresses (or wins the final)

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) best-of-1 win and report the score you won or lost after completing each match.

Deadlines
Stage 1 Final deadline: September 23rd 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET
Extension Deadline: September 16th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET

Last edited by a moderator:
my oppo for r1 said he cant play until sunday night even if we scheluded for today, idk if you can extend the deadline again for him or whatever

my oppo for r1 said he cant play until sunday night even if we scheluded for today, idk if you can extend the deadline again for him or whatever
Are u kidding me? It's u who had no time to play before the ddl. And we never had scheduled to play last day, which is Sep.13th,the day after the ddl. It's all ur fault bro.

Are u kidding me? It's u who had no time to play before the ddl. And we never had scheduled to play last day, which is Sep.13th,the day after the ddl. It's all ur fault bro.
i said i was gonna playing thursday 13th and u didnt said "no i cant play that day" so i supposed u could play, we're already over the deadline we cant play sunday night (unless mods extends again)

Edit: also, since you knew we would have to battle beyond the deadline you could have tried to find some free time before sunday to play, in order to not blocking the tour. i thought it was pretty obvious we had to play as soon as possible

Last edited:
i said i was gonna playing thursday 13th and u didnt said "no i cant play that day" so i supposed u could play, we're already over the deadline we cant play sunday night (unless mods extends again)

Edit: also, since you knew we would have to battle beyond the deadline you could have tried to find some free time before sunday to play, in order to not blocking the tour. i thought it was pretty obvious we had to play as soon as possible
I'm out these days with my laptop home. Now u have 2 choices, one is to make it 9:30pm my time Sunday; the other one is just to wait for Drud's decision. After all, u missed the first ddl. Everybody has something to deal with, thx for appreciation.

I'm out these days with my laptop home. Now u have 2 choices, one is to make it 9:30pm my time Sunday; the other one is just to wait for Drud's decision. After all, u missed the first ddl. Everybody has something to deal with, thx for appreciation.
indeed i posted here again for requesting another extension of the deadline, not for laying the blame on you, its not a problem for me to play on sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)