ORAS ORAS OU Global Championship 2018: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

ORAS OU Global Championship is a standard ORAS OU Tournament with a goal to find the best ORAS OU player of the year.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a best-of-1 vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker best of 1 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final.

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!

ORAS OverUsed Format

Tournament Format
Best of 1, Single Elimination.

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag.

Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salemencite, Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Swagger Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (64 man as an example)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 best of 1 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 best of 1 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 best of 1 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 best of 1 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 best of 1 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of best of 1 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a best of 1 match to see who progresses (or wins the final)

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) best-of-1 win and report the score you won or lost after completing each match.

Deadlines
Stage 1 Contact Deadline: November 7th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET
Stage 1 Final Deadline: November 11th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET

Stage 1

Set 1 - Matches completed 6/6

Lopunny Kicks vs samjo
false vs double switches
Ricardo vs zugubu royale
Vai Lusa vs Nintendi
TDK
vs Quagmander
blarghlfarghl (coinflip) vs Sam I Yam

Set 2 - Matches completed 6/6

zugubu royale vs Nintendi
Sam I Yam vs samjo (activity)
Vai Lusa vs Quagmander
Ricardo vs blarghlfarghl
Lopunny Kicks
vs false
TDK vs double switches

Last edited:
Vai Lusa hasn't replied to my post, i will still wait for further reply; TDK and i seems both get up late, so he refuses to play at my night, considering to the nearly 12 hours difference in timezone.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
To add to the above, Quagmander gave me two windows; the first at 8:30-10 am my time during the week and 10-10:30 am my time on the weekend. I, on the other hand, gave him a 13 hour window on either weekend, and a 7 hour window today and tomorrow. The times I gave him were legitimately as long as I could play, and by no means are they unreasonable for him. I gave him from 8 am his time to 2 pm his time if you'd like to exclude the more "unreasonable" hours I gave him when I said I could play from 1 am - 2 pm his time.

You would think that if you were to "consider the nearly 12 hour difference in timezone" that someone would be more than willing to either play past midnight or just afternoon in their timezone, right? haha

double switches and I should have no problem playing on the other hand.

Vai Lusa hasn't replied to my post, i will still wait for further reply; TDK and i seems both get up late, so he refuses to play at my night, considering to the nearly 12 hours difference in timezone.
Vai Lusa and i will make it at my Saturday night

dont worry, im not giving quagmander the win nor will i be considering his activity post should it come to it. it has literally been 2 days since the round was posted.

Quagmander, stop trying to activity win your way through this.
The time window i gave TDK, like his saying, seems short EVERYDAY, but i had removed those unreasonable time after calculating the difference in timezone. And of course i could play from 3-7pm my time when he would be sleeping or in class.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
ok i gave activity wins, and i coinflipped blarghlfarghl 's match to be unbiased. you can see the results in the OP. if either of you would still like an extension im willing to be lenient.

here are the stage 2 matchups thus far

Stage 2 - Matches completed 0/3

samjo vs TDK
Quagmander vs double switches
false vs Nintendi

Stage 2 Contact Deadline: November 14th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET
Stage 2 Final Deadline: November 18th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)