Other ORAS OU Replay Archive v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original thread by Shadow_Sneak and OP shamelessly stolen from him
Approved by AM

Welcome to the OU Replay Archive. Here is where we're going to Post replays demonstrating not only great battles you've had between friends, but top tier Official Tournament battles, Unofficial OU tournaments and ladder battles you feel people can learn from by watching.

What kind of replays should be posted here?
  • Battles which display a particular playstyle really well.
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder. (If ladder battling)
  • Battles in which show (good) new, creative and more importantly, effective sets off.
  • High level tour battles.
  • Don't be this guy http://prntscr.com/5l3hvg
  • If you do post a battle, remember to add some information about the team(s) involved, and a little bit of a summary of what the battle entailed and some clarification about key points in the match (turns you really had to think - explain what you did and why)
Replays that don't follow the rules above or that are considered "poor" by me or the OU mods will be deleted.

Archive:

Ladder game by SJCrew

Great replay showcasing some very good double switches by the OP and an amazing turnaround lategame with PuP+Quick Attack M-Lopunny.

WCOP game by PDC

A great game by PDC which needed him to play absolutely perfect when the matchup was clearly against him. Had to play really well to win this game.

WCOP game by Stathakis

Another great game, the matchup was pretty even on both sides and we saw some good doubles made by both players early on. Came down to the wire and it was a speed tie between both Keldeo which won the Stathakis the game.

WCOP game by ben gay
A game in which daftmau5 was left helpless by ben gay's RP M-Diancie which had CM boosts passed onto it. Shows how good M-Diancie still is.

Last edited:

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll go first.

Battles in which show (good) new, creative and more importantly, effective sets off.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-234118107

This was your average ladder battle for most of the game. The only surprising sets or plays came from me, which started when I made a huge misplay mid-battle vs. the Starmie that reaped my Talonflame. In my mind, Starmie was suddenly 110 base speed for that moment in time, even though I'd known for the longest it was 115. I realized my error a bit too late.

With that out of the way, the important part is definitely the end, where Lopunny leads the lone charge to victory. I will illustrate with images and light narration.

For those of you thinking I landed a high roll on the Thundurus, you are using the wrong calc. It's not this one:

+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 135-160 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 36.3% chance to 2HKO

It's this one:

+1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 150-177 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I use Adamant Lop for wallbreaking purposes. Most of the time, when I face a Mega Lopunny on ladder, they can do nothing to break my dedicated physical wall, aside from hoping that Ice Punch freezes. Calcs that support my claim:

+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 211-249 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can see that even at +1, Jolly Lop cannot break Hippowdon at all.

+1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 232-274 (55.2 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Much better. The higher damage threshold makes it so that you can pressure your opponent into switching Hippowdon out before having to worry about the HJK miss. The matchup is even more in Lop's favor if we assume Leftovers have been Knocked Off earlier in the match.

Other things Adamant Lop can do that Jolly can't:

+1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 342-403 (85.2 - 100.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 147-174 (49.4 - 58.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (if Tflame is Adamant or paralyzed)

252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 270-320 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

The final speeds on non-Mega and Mega Lopunny are 305 and 365 respectively. 305 is just enough to outpace Jolly Excadrill, and 365 beats ScarfTar, allowing you to boost off of ScarfTar with Power-Up Punch and clean up a very weakened Excadrill (+1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 84-99 (23.2 - 27.4%), should the game come down to that.

A few decent replays of the Sand team i'm currently using, sponsored by Mega-Garchomp.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-241791160

First, here's a replay showcasing precisely how "useless" Megachomp is against offensive teams. Because anything that can tank a Serperior's Leaf Storm and Life Orb Bisharp's Sucker Punch and proceed to KO both has no worth at all against anything that moves before it. Also, the reason I stayed in against my opponent's Garchomp was because if it was TankChomp (which it obviously was) then I needed it out of the way for my mole to clean up. If it was offensive Garchomp, Hippo or Clefable would be able to weaken it. It almost became a disaster when My Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump missed against MegaZard, but thank goodness for sandstorm damage.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-239383951

A great game I had on the ladder, this one shows off Excadrill's ability to destroy a lot of balanced teams when given the chance. Also more Mega-Garchomp bulk shenanigans with healing wish support. Sacking Hippowdon to set up sand 1 more time was risky, but well worth it as Excadrill took advantage of my opponent's weakened Celebi and Gliscor to sweep through most of his team. Afterwards, MegaChomp finished up Mega-Gallade 1v1.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-241822690

The best game I'd had in a long time, it was a throwback to the B/W days of Rain and Sand Weather Wars. I did make a few mistakes and mispredicts, But in the end, the every member of the team did exactly what I needed it to do in order to pull off a win, and you can't ask for much more than that. Mega Chomp blew a hole in his team early on by annihilating Tornadus-T on the switch, and then later by putting swampert out of the game. Towards the end it was a bit of a juggling fest to make sure that Manaphy never had a free chance to rest, but it did manage to go to sleep relatively freely against my Perish Songed Clefable. Fortunately, It was that same Clefable that tanked a +5 Scald and was able to ko Manaphy after a Calm mind boost.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Going to establish now while it's early to read the OP, and no not glance over it and said you read it, actually read it. I'm gonna delete replays that don't follow the OP without prior warning and any other mods are free to do the same. procrastinats post above me is a good one of what to do. The replay, which coincidentally has been deleted, for not reading the OP isn't ok. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)