Other ORAS OU Replay Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op stolen and adapted from Firemage
approved by alexwolf

Welcome to the OU Replay Archive. Here is where we're going to Post replays demonstrating not only great battles you've had between friends, but top tier Official Tournament battles, (OLT) Unofficial OU tournaments and ladder battles you feel people can learn from by watching.

What kind of replays should be posted here?
  • Battles which display a particular playstyle really well.
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder. (If ladder battling)
  • Battles in which show (good) new and creative sets off.
  • High level tour battles.
  • Don't be this guy http://prntscr.com/5l3hvg
  • If you do post a battle, remember to add some information about the team(s) involved, and a little bit of a summary of what the battle entailed and some clarification about key points in the match (turns you really had to think - explain what you did and why)
Replays that don't follow the rules above or that are considered "poor" by me or the OU mods will be deleted.

Replays

Ladder game by MilkyWay

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-196158485

This game showcases an interesting Skarm set on Hyper Offense. This game also shows how threatening Charizard X can be despite its average speed. BD Azumarill also makes an appearance and shows that it can beat one of its most common counters Amoonguss.

Ladder Game by firehusky

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-196937678

This game showcases a great example of a Rain Offense team and shows off how you might use one i.e. getting up rain as soon as possible.

Ladder Game By AM

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197067156
This game shows off how good Landorus-I can be against the stall archetype. This also shows off the underused Choice Band Heracross set and how effective it can be at times.

Ladder Game By ArchPhantom

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-200591607

This replay like he said in his post shows off a innovative lopunny set that actually can be an alternative to the standard sets.

Ladder Game By ArchPhantom

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206906566

This game shows off a sun offense team and how in some situations sun can be a viable playstyle despite being widely dismissed as an unviable playstyle.

Ladder Game By -Clone-

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203664364

This game shows the great combination that is Lopunny+Spikes

Ladder Game By Darkerones

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210535490

Great game overall showing of Tele's ladder team "Hazard Control" and a team based around Gliscor and Altaria core.

Last edited:
I guess I'll start this off by posting a battle from yesterday which shows off a good new core and some unique sets.

After Knock Off and Belly Drum became legal together on Azumarill, I knew I wanted to try it out. Since a +6 knock off can nearly ohko ferrothorn, you can imagine what happens to some of bd azumarills other old checks and counters, such as the Amoongus seen in the replay.

I have been experimenting with a suicide lead skarmory with (stealth rock, spikes, taunt, whirlwind; mental herb,
252+ spe 252hp, 4 def) and it had worked well on other teams. In this battle it wasnt amazing, but it did get up rocks and prevent heatran from doing so as well so it certainly pulled its weight. Anyways, i added this skarmory to the team alongside azumarill to punish the opponent for switching and apply even more pressure on them.

Next i added one of my favorite megas, Charizard X. Chariard X is a great wall breaker and sweeper and i have learnedthat not many teams are prepared to deal with both this guy and belly drum azumarill. The two make a fantastic offense core together and i suggest some of you try it out considering both of these monsters are tragically under used (belly drum set in azumarills case). After experimenting with the sd tailwind set I learned how much i hated Tailwind. First of all, it ran out during my own sweeps significantly more than it helped a teammate after zard x fainted or switched which pissed me off greatly. Secondly, since i refuse to use outrage, my zard x had trouble muscling through faster yet not frail threats such as keldeo. I also found myself unsure if my opponent would go to scarf kando t or a bulky mon so i often found myself guessing between the the boosting moves. I realized that sand rush excadrill, scarf keldeo, and scarf latios arent too common and 9 times out of 10 when i used tailwind dragon dance would have been better so i switched my set to swords dance and dragon dance. Now my zard x can muscle through bulky walls and stall teams with swords dance and use dragon dance for everything else (I run Jolly nature and enough speed to outspeed Kyurem-B, attack is maxed and the rest (40 iirc) is dumped into hp). I dont miss roost too much because zards purpose is more to wall break for azumarill then sweep and swords dance is usually better than earthquake anyways. This set comes up clutch for me in the replay as you may have already seen. It allowed me to beat Heatran and scarf Lando-t, which are usually charizard x's best answers (and gyarados too if he chose to send it out instead of gengar at the end).

Next up on this team I added a dual screens latios. Latios>Latias because Memento>Healing wish to help my duo set up. I run max speed, 92 sp atk (this makes draco meteor a guaranteed ohko on latias), and the rest hp. In the most current version of this team I stopped using Latios since. Dedicated suicide lead and a dedicated screener is kinds overkill. Either way it was fun while it lasted and better than espeon due to the surprise factor. I chose Latios over Klefki as well because it could kill itself instead of let the opponent dick around and stall out screens or set up or whatever.

Since I had a hyper offense team going with dedicated hazards I figured I mine as well throw Greninja on since it forces a ton of switches and the latias cant defog on it (notice the pattern here, this team doesnt use bisharp or spin blockers to keep hazards up, instead almost every single pokemon either sets up on defoggers or outright kills them). Obviously Ice Beam and Gunk Shot are mandatory on any Greninja. I went with u-turn to further punish switches and possibly lead to set up oppurtunities. Finally, I settled on low kick in the final slot. Since this greninja runs three attacking moves, it became a physcially bias greninja. Max speed, 92 sp atk for the guaranteed ohko on latios after stealth rock (no i am not getting confused, coincidentally 92 sp atk evs was optimal for both latios and greninja) and the rest in attack. Needless to say after the suspect was announced i scrapped Greninja and replaced it with Thundurus.

To round the team off i chose a sashed breloom. I figured it could be an emergency stop to sweeps and grab momentum with sash + spore. Breloom was probably the weakest member and is no longer on my current team.

Anyways, thats how this team was built. The idea is to get hazards up (and prevent them) immediately then attempt to wreck havoc with one sweeper to clear a path for the other. Latios eases set up oppurtunites (sometimes i use it late game, other times early) and Breloom and greninja can help regain momentum when I get in a pickle. I enjoyed laddering with this team because the games are quick and exciting. The battle in the replay put me at a rating of 1575, which at the time was just short of 500th on the ou ladder.

I guess I'll start this off by posting a battle from yesterday which shows off a good new core and some unique sets.

After Knock Off and Belly Drum became legal together on Azumarill, I knew I wanted to try it out. Since a +6 knock off can nearly ohko ferrothorn, you can imagine what happens to some of bd azumarills other old checks and counters, such as the Amoongus seen in the replay.

I have been experimenting with a suicide lead skarmory with (stealth rock, spikes, taunt, whirlwind; mental herb,
252+ spe 252hp, 4 def) and it had worked well on other teams. In this battle it wasnt amazing, but it did get up rocks and prevent heatran from doing so as well so it certainly pulled its weight. Anyways, i added this skarmory to the team alongside azumarill to punish the opponent for switching and apply even more pressure on them.

Next i added one of my favorite megas, Charizard X. Chariard X is a great wall breaker and sweeper and i have learnedthat not many teams are prepared to deal with both this guy and belly drum azumarill. The two make a fantastic offense core together and i suggest some of you try it out considering both of these monsters are tragically under used (belly drum set in azumarills case). After experimenting with the sd tailwind set I learned how much i hated Tailwind. First of all, it ran out during my own sweeps significantly more than it helped a teammate after zard x fainted or switched which pissed me off greatly. Secondly, since i refuse to use outrage, my zard x had trouble muscling through faster yet not frail threats such as keldeo. I also found myself unsure if my opponent would go to scarf kando t or a bulky mon so i often found myself guessing between the the boosting moves. I realized that sand rush excadrill, scarf keldeo, and scarf latios arent too common and 9 times out of 10 when i used tailwind dragon dance would have been better so i switched my set to swords dance and dragon dance. Now my zard x can muscle through bulky walls and stall teams with swords dance and use dragon dance for everything else (I run Jolly nature and enough speed to outspeed Kyurem-B, attack is maxed and the rest (40 iirc) is dumped into hp). I dont miss roost too much because zards purpose is more to wall break for azumarill then sweep and swords dance is usually better than earthquake anyways. This set comes up clutch for me in the replay as you may have already seen. It allowed me to beat Heatran and scarf Lando-t, which are usually charizard x's best answers (and gyarados too if he chose to send it out instead of gengar at the end).

Next up on this team I added a dual screens latios. Latios>Latias because Memento>Healing wish to help my duo set up. I run max speed, 92 sp atk (this makes draco meteor a guaranteed ohko on latias), and the rest hp. In the most current version of this team I stopped using Latios since. Dedicated suicide lead and a dedicated screener is kinds overkill. Either way it was fun while it lasted and better than espeon due to the surprise factor. I chose Latios over Klefki as well because it could kill itself instead of let the opponent dick around and stall out screens or set up or whatever.

Since I had a hyper offense team going with dedicated hazards I figured I mine as well throw Greninja on since it forces a ton of switches and the latias cant defog on it (notice the pattern here, this team doesnt use bisharp or spin blockers to keep hazards up, instead almost every single pokemon either sets up on defoggers or outright kills them). Obviously Ice Beam and Gunk Shot are mandatory on any Greninja. I went with u-turn to further punish switches and possibly lead to set up oppurtunities. Finally, I settled on low kick in the final slot. Since this greninja runs three attacking moves, it became a physcially bias greninja. Max speed, 92 sp atk for the guaranteed ohko on latios after stealth rock (no i am not getting confused, coincidentally 92 sp atk evs was optimal for both latios and greninja) and the rest in attack. Needless to say after the suspect was announced i scrapped Greninja and replaced it with Thundurus.

To round the team off i chose a sashed breloom. I figured it could be an emergency stop to sweeps and grab momentum with sash + spore. Breloom was probably the weakest member and is no longer on my current team.

Anyways, thats how this team was built. The idea is to get hazards up (and prevent them) immediately then attempt to wreck havoc with one sweeper to clear a path for the other. Latios eases set up oppurtunites (sometimes i use it late game, other times early) and Breloom and greninja can help regain momentum when I get in a pickle. I enjoyed laddering with this team because the games are quick and exciting. The battle in the replay put me at a rating of 1575, which at the time was just short of 500th on the ou ladder.
Alright so I finally got a chance to read the thread and review the replay. I think that this replay gives a decent display of how some teams can be completely unprepared for BD Azumarill and Mega Charizard X. This replay also gives an example of how the highly underrated suicide lead skarmory can be used. This replay also gives a good idea about how breaking walls can open up some holes and allow some other pokemonon a team to wreak havoc. added

Here is one pretty intense battle I just had on the suspect test ladder.

There was a bit of hax here and there (my opponent's hydro pump missed on turn 25 which was crucial to my victory), we both misplayed a bit, but it was a pretty fun battle. Basically, I was using doughboy's rain team that I shamelessly stole, and I was trying to get a good replay of rain offense. Politoed and Klefki were my rain setters, while swampert mega and kingdra were my two swift swimmers. Thundurus and poison heal SD breloom pressure stall a lot, while my swift swimmers pressured hyper offense teams. My opponent was using a pretty balanced mega gallade team, with bisharp and gallade forming a good core, and heatran as an SR setter, while rotom-w was his pivot. Rain teams struggle to deal with rotom-w and ferrothorn, so I decided to pressure rotom-w as early as possible, until it was in KO range.
My game plan was:
  • Get up rain as early as possible
  • Try to get off a toxic on either rotom-w, gallade, or latias to wear them down
  • Set up spikes and paralyze stuff with klefki
  • Get in swift swimmers safely and nuke stuff (especially rotom-w, I wanted to lure it in with kingdra and then go for draco meteor to weaken it)
  • When everything has been weakened, sweep with swampert
So yeah, the game was going pretty well, I led with politoed, managed to get off a toxic on gallade (which helped me win), I set up 2 layers of spikes, paralyzed heatran, and kingdra was safely in, although toxiced. Here is where stuff went wrong. I went for waterfall on heatran, guessing that it would be specially defensive, he protected, then next turn went into clefable. The combination of waterfall and hydro pump easily 2HKOes, so I went for hydro pump, but it missed. He passed a wish, and knowing that protect would follow, I switched into klefki to try to set up spikes. He sent in heatran which easily counters klefki, so I decided to paralyze it and then try to sack klefki. Heatran roared in kingdra, which basically killed it because it died from toxic a few turns later. Later, I activated toxic orb on breloom safely, meaning it could counter rotom-w, and revenge killed clefable. Klefki managed to set up another layer of spikes, and rain dance before dying. I sent in swampert to set up rocks on the predicted rotom-w switch, then went into breloom to absorb the obvious w-o-w coming. Predicting latias to come in, I used facade which put a dent in it and then wore it down with life orb recoil, before sending in politoed to set up rain again and sacking it. Swampert revenge killed latias, and rotom-w came in again, so I went into breloom again, taking over half of my health from a rain boosted hydro pump. I was dead next turn if hydro pump hit again, so I just yoloed it and hydro pump missed, and I got off a seed bomb. Rotom-w was already weakened to the point that thundurus could KO with thunderbolt, so all I needed to do was weaken gallade a bit more, and then KO bisharp for a safe thundurus switch in and then clean stuff up. Bisharp sucker punched my breloom, but was OHKOed by superpower. Gallade came in, I sacked swampert and breloom for more toxic damage, before finally using thundurus to sweep his team.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Here's a recent match on suspect ladder I had that I thought would be good to share.

A bit of hax on my side but basically this replay showcases a couple of things that I feel should be learned from this experience. This replay showcases CM Lando-I's effectiveness against stall with some minor support and supplementary wall-breakers, in the case of this replay in particular, Choice Band Heracross. This also shows what happens with teams highly dependent on M-Sableye and as such makes reading some opponents much easier.
I'll take firehusky's format since it seemed good and present my general gameplan while I was in this match:
  • Team was naturally Lando-I weak so it was evident to bring that out first.
  • CM turn 1. When Stall teams like this see this players will naturally resort to their emergency buttons which can be taken advantage of as shown in Turn 2.
  • Sylveon on Stall is usually the answer to Lando-I which is a poor answer when Sludge Wave variants threaten this easily. Damage was accumulated and had Healing Wish Latias in the back for later.
  • Goal at that point was to get rid of the amplified backbone of M-Sableye's anti-hazard presence, Sylveon's clerical support, and apply enough pressure to prevent SR set up so that I can maintain my previous goals. Once the backbone of the team was out of the way I can easily secure my win through Lando-I + Heracross, if need be M-Metagross when Slowbro is out of the way.
As the turns go on you'll notice switches to M-Sableye constantly to prevent me from setting hazards, however this was never my goal in the first place as setting hazards in front of an M-Sableye team was a liability at that point. This predictability made the game plan process much easier to execute and as time went on I evaluated what risks he/she was willing to take to maintain that longevity with M-Sableye and others. Whether or not it was unknown to the player at the time Choice Band Heracross is one of the players on my team to handle M-Sableye and secondary stall-breaker with Megahorn, Close Combat, Knock Off, Facade to supplement CM Lando-I. When I felt it was necessary I went ahead and used Healing Wish on Latias to recover my main win condition. Eventually the two defensive backbones fall for the most part to Lando-I and Heracross with switches being forced by the other teammates to help them.

In conclusion some things I think newer players should take away from the replay is....
  • Have a secondary check/answer to Lando-I on stall teams as it is one of the premier wall-breakers against this archetype. Full on passive stall teams need some sort of presence that can threaten such wall-breakers so it's a good idea to have that such as HP Ice Bronzong or Ice Beam Cresselia for Lando-I if using passive stall.
  • Think in two perspectives, your perspective and the other players perspective. What do you need to do to win and what do they need to do to win? In the case of stall what do they need to do not to lose and how would they lose? This will help in the thought process of how you want the match to turn out.
  • Lay out a general formula starting from the team-building to the practical use but don't get too caught up in specifics. The specifics will more or less be figured out from more practical use than from a theorymon standpoint. I know I wanted Lando-I and Heracross to function as wall-breakers in theory so with that said I wanted to make sure it could function in practice and as a result Healing Wish Latias helps with an aspect of this as seen in this match.
That's really it. Not sure if that last part was suppose to be involved but I felt it applied to this replay so there you have it.

Last edited:
I am neither of the players in this replay (lel) but this is almost a completely haxless comeback game from an OU room tournament.

One team is clearly fragile and greedy, relying on the coverage of the rarely seen Lando-I combined with sand and a Breloom set that is recently gaining lots of popularity (most Brelooms in the top 100 post reset were LO), a coverage spamming M-Metagross with Thunderpunch and the ever-so-fragile Hawlucha. ORAS Greninja fills the final slot, but due to rocks and Talonflame from the opposing team isn't sent out until later into the game.

The other team makes use of a M-Sableye, Clefable and Gliscor defensive core, with bulky Talonflame and Manaphy to provide an illusion of fragility, while still being able to recover from damage taken on the switch and retaliate on whatever wants to come in.

Both players go for damage early on and try to win the game through tempo and momentum, but the reason this replay is worth watching is the entertainment factor. The hype from the final turns as the chat comes to realize what is happening is something that can't be calculated or quantified.

Overall I feel that this game represent well the incredibly varied and creative meta that was developing before the Greninja suspect test, as people were playing with the new speed tiers and finding checks to Greninja and Thundurus' most popular sets.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-190609043

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am neither of the players in this replay (lel) but this is almost a completely haxless comeback game from an OU room tournament.

One team is clearly fragile and greedy, relying on the coverage of the rarely seen Lando-I combined with sand and a Breloom set that is recently gaining lots of popularity (most Brelooms in the top 100 post reset were LO), a coverage spamming M-Metagross with Thunderpunch and the ever-so-fragile Hawlucha. ORAS Greninja fills the final slot, but due to rocks and Talonflame from the opposing team isn't sent out until later into the game.

The other team makes use of a M-Sableye, Clefable and Gliscor defensive core, with bulky Talonflame and Manaphy to provide an illusion of fragility, while still being able to recover from damage taken on the switch and retaliate on whatever wants to come in.

Both players go for damage early on and try to win the game through tempo and momentum, but the reason this replay is worth watching is the entertainment factor. The hype from the final turns as the chat comes to realize what is happening is something that can't be calculated or quantified.

Overall I feel that this game represent well the incredibly varied and creative meta that was developing before the Greninja suspect test, as people were playing with the new speed tiers and finding checks to Greninja and Thundurus' most popular sets.

This replay shows the reason why greninja should be banned

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-195228247

I might as well show my "Greninja is OP" replay. In all seriousness, I find this one was really damn fun to watch. This was from an OU finals from the Tournaments room. My team was taken from a hyper offensive RMT that has a few interesting things such as Assault Vest Raikou and a suicide lead Azelf (which is starting to become more popular in my opinion). There's also some common things here like a Choice Scarf Latios which was honestly abused this match and a Greninja which basically shined toward the end.

SacredGengar carried mainly a stall team with the exception of a Heracross. I admit that it was a legit team as it mainly walled half of my team. The teambuilding was rather well even if there was no stall mega (although, I cannot of a fitting mega on the top of my head).

The first few turns were quite comedic, as good plays got ruined. Momentum shifts only rarely, but when Sacred got some lethdragy, it made the match overall really enjoyable with a majority of the Tournaments flipping out.

Here's a recent match on suspect ladder I had that I thought would be good to share.

A bit of hax on my side but basically this replay showcases a couple of things that I feel should be learned from this experience. This replay showcases CM Lando-I's effectiveness against stall with some minor support and supplementary wall-breakers, in the case of this replay in particular, Choice Band Heracross. This also shows what happens with teams highly dependent on M-Sableye and as such makes reading some opponents much easier.
I'll take firehusky's format since it seemed good and present my general gameplan while I was in this match:
  • CM turn 1. When Stall teams like this see this players will naturally resort to their emergency buttons which can be taken advantage of as shown in Turn 2.
  • Sylveon on Stall is usually the answer to Lando-I which is a poor answer when Sludge Wave variants threaten this easily. Damage was accumulated and had Healing Wish Latias in the back for later.
  • Goal at that point was to get rid of the amplified backbone of M-Sableye's anti-hazard presence, Sylveon's clerical support, and apply enough pressure to prevent SR set up so that I can maintain my previous goals. Once the backbone of the team was out of the way I can easily secure my win through Lando-I + Heracross, if need be M-Metagross when Slowbro is out of the way.
As the turns go on you'll notice switches to M-Sableye constantly to prevent me from setting hazards, however this was never my goal in the first place as setting hazards in front of an M-Sableye team was a liability at that point. This predictability made the game plan process much easier to execute and as time went on I evaluated what risks he/she was willing to take to maintain that longevity with M-Sableye and others. Whether or not it was unknown to the player at the time Choice Band Heracross is one of the players on my team to handle M-Sableye and secondary stall-breaker with Megahorn, Close Combat, Knock Off, Facade to supplement CM Lando-I. When I felt it was necessary I went ahead and used Healing Wish on Latias to recover my main win condition. Eventually the two defensive backbones fall for the most part to Lando-I and Heracross with switches being forced by the other teammates to help them.

In conclusion some things I think newer players should take away from the replay is....
  • Have a secondary check/answer to Lando-I on stall teams as it is one of the premier wall-breakers against this archetype. Full on passive stall teams need some sort of presence that can threaten such wall-breakers so it's a good idea to have that such as HP Ice Bronzong or Ice Beam Cresselia for Lando-I if using passive stall.
  • Think in two perspectives, your perspective and the other players perspective. What do you need to do to win and what do they need to do to win? In the case of stall what do they need to do not to lose and how would they lose? This will help in the thought process of how you want the match to turn out.
  • Lay out a general formula starting from the team-building to the practical use but don't get too caught up in specifics. The specifics will more or less be figured out from more practical use than from a theorymon standpoint. I know I wanted Lando-I and Heracross to function as wall-breakers in theory so with that said I wanted to make sure it could function in practice and as a result Healing Wish Latias helps with an aspect of this as seen in this match.
That's really it. Not sure if that last part was suppose to be involved but I felt it applied to this replay so there you have it.
Congrats on beating stall with landorus-i and mega heracross great replay.

Here is one pretty intense battle I just had on the suspect test ladder.

There was a bit of hax here and there (my opponent's hydro pump missed on turn 25 which was crucial to my victory), we both misplayed a bit, but it was a pretty fun battle. Basically, I was using doughboy's rain team that I shamelessly stole, and I was trying to get a good replay of rain offense. Politoed and Klefki were my rain setters, while swampert mega and kingdra were my two swift swimmers. Thundurus and poison heal SD breloom pressure stall a lot, while my swift swimmers pressured hyper offense teams. My opponent was using a pretty balanced mega gallade team, with bisharp and gallade forming a good core, and heatran as an SR setter, while rotom-w was his pivot. Rain teams struggle to deal with rotom-w and ferrothorn, so I decided to pressure rotom-w as early as possible, until it was in KO range.
My game plan was:
  • Get up rain as early as possible
  • Try to get off a toxic on either rotom-w, gallade, or latias to wear them down
  • Set up spikes and paralyze stuff with klefki
  • Get in swift swimmers safely and nuke stuff (especially rotom-w, I wanted to lure it in with kingdra and then go for draco meteor to weaken it)
  • When everything has been weakened, sweep with swampert
So yeah, the game was going pretty well, I led with politoed, managed to get off a toxic on gallade (which helped me win), I set up 2 layers of spikes, paralyzed heatran, and kingdra was safely in, although toxiced. Here is where stuff went wrong. I went for waterfall on heatran, guessing that it would be specially defensive, he protected, then next turn went into clefable. The combination of waterfall and hydro pump easily 2HKOes, so I went for hydro pump, but it missed. He passed a wish, and knowing that protect would follow, I switched into klefki to try to set up spikes. He sent in heatran which easily counters klefki, so I decided to paralyze it and then try to sack klefki. Heatran roared in kingdra, which basically killed it because it died from toxic a few turns later. Later, I activated toxic orb on breloom safely, meaning it could counter rotom-w, and revenge killed clefable. Klefki managed to set up another layer of spikes, and rain dance before dying. I sent in swampert to set up rocks on the predicted rotom-w switch, then went into breloom to absorb the obvious w-o-w coming. Predicting latias to come in, I used facade which put a dent in it and then wore it down with life orb recoil, before sending in politoed to set up rain again and sacking it. Swampert revenge killed latias, and rotom-w came in again, so I went into breloom again, taking over half of my health from a rain boosted hydro pump. I was dead next turn if hydro pump hit again, so I just yoloed it and hydro pump missed, and I got off a seed bomb. Rotom-w was already weakened to the point that thundurus could KO with thunderbolt, so all I needed to do was weaken gallade a bit more, and then KO bisharp for a safe thundurus switch in and then clean stuff up. Bisharp sucker punched my breloom, but was OHKOed by superpower. Gallade came in, I sacked swampert and breloom for more toxic damage, before finally using thundurus to sweep his team.
Not a bad replay especially considering that it was a bit lower on the ladder your opponent seemed to know how to predict a little at least. Anyways I am gonna add this as it gives a good example of a rain offense team.

AM not a bad replay at all and a very nice description of the battle. Going to be added as it does showcase just how threatening Lando-I can be at +1 and how easily stall can be broken.

Anyways I will add these later and look at the others later.

kinda curious if posting a replay with a scarf rachi beating 4-5 mons on a team (near full hp on most mons) is ok. probably not but was amazing to see.

Well there's almost no harm in doing it, except scarf rachi flinchhaxing 5 mons to death doesn't show off a particular playstyle.

Here's a cool replay showcasing the unusual, underrated imo, Mega Lopunny set (Encore + Power Up Punch):

Nice balance vs balance. From team preview, I knew that Mega Lopunny could dismantle the whole team with her set. Potential problems were Clefable especially if Unaware, Landorus-t if scarfed, and fat Mega Venusaur. The other issue was safely mega evolving Lopunny to outspeed the troublesome Torn-t.

So my game plan was to force Heatran in at the start so I could safely mega evolve Lopunny or get up rocks with my defensive Lando-t. Rocks went up and a bit of hax happened turn 1, but that's whatever. Good thing is I was able to mega evolve Lopunny pretty early. Rocks being up was huge because it meant two things: 1-Scarf Lando T would be worn down with every switch in and eventually eliminated by M-Lop. 2-Starmie would be pressured to Rapid Spin and this gave M-Lop an Encore opportunity.

All of the above happened as you will see or already saw in the replay. Lop removed Clefable at the cost of 90% of her health, but thankfully I had HW Lati in the back. Healing Wish Latias was pretty crucial and it pretty much sealed the game. That and the M-Lop switch on the predicted Reflect Type used by Starmie.

It was a really good game that could have gone in a different direction had the scarfed Lando-t been played differently or had the clef been unaware or if I couldn't get off the healing wish.

The battle showed the power of Encore + Pup M-Lop and how she can get past her usual checks with it.

Last edited:

Not going to add to the OP because I found it low quality.

Here's a cool replay showcasing the unusual, underrated imo, Mega Lopunny set (Encore + Power Up Punch):
Interesting set, I will go ahead and add this to the OP.

Nice balance vs balance. From team preview, I knew that Mega Lopunny could dismantle the whole team with her set. Potential problems were Clefable especially if Unaware, Landorus-t if scarfed, and fat Mega Venusaur. The other issue was safely mega evolving Lopunny to outspeed the troublesome Torn-t.

So my game plan was to force Heatran in at the start so I could safely mega evolve Lopunny or get up rocks with my defensive Lando-t. Rocks went up and a bit of hax happened turn 1, but that's whatever. Good thing is I was able to mega evolve Lopunny pretty early. Rocks being up was huge because it meant two things: 1-Scarf Lando T would be worn down with every switch in and eventually eliminated by M-Lop. 2-Starmie would be pressured to Rapid Spin and this gave M-Lop an Encore opportunity.

All of the above happened as you will see or already saw in the replay. Lop removed Clefable at the cost of 90% of her health, but thankfully I had HW Lati in the back. Healing Wish Latias was pretty crucial and it pretty much sealed the game. That and the M-Lop switch on the predicted Reflect Type used by Starmie.

It was a really good game that could have gone in a different direction had the scarfed Lando-t been played differently or had the clef been unaware or if I couldn't get off the healing wish.

The battle showed the power of Encore + Pup M-Lop and how she can get past her usual checks with it.

Game 1 - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-196335871 Me vs Room Voice Cyndequil...I've know Cyndequil for quite a while and he's a nice guy and all and he helped me test a team concept I'm working out.

I'm using a variation of my old fairy spam team MegaVoir/Specx Sylv/CB Sciz/CM Latios/Lando-T/Rotom-W

My team runs around getting safe switchins to my big hitters with the help of slow U-Turns or Volt Switches...but also depends on me making double switches to constantly put my opponent on the back foot. I run some weird stuff here like Rocky Helmet Landorus-T but it works for by helping me wear down U-Turners with the help of residual damage and SR.

While Cynde decided to bring a nice MAltaria/Magnezone team focused on removing Ferrothorn and Skarmory to open up the M-Alt sweep. Some of the important plays here,Turn 7 where I opted to hit Ferrothorn with CM Boosted DM thus slicing off 50% of his health thus putting him in a catch-22 on the next turn with MVoir(where I stupidly chose to use the obvious Focus Blast instead of Hyper Voice) and on Turn 12 when he opted to not switch out MAltaria in the face of a CB Scizor with Bullet Punch correctly predicting that I wanted to bluff him into going back to Magnezone and making achoice between hard switching or using Flash Cannon. But little does he know that keeping Landorus-T in on MAltaria and letting myself get killed in exchange for SR and Rocky Helmet damage is part of my plan. On Turn 14 I AGAIN bluff the Bullet Punch but correctly call the Magnezone switch thus removing one part of his team that seriously hindered me. But the following turn makes the game intresting. Fearing not being able to OHKO his Ferrothorn with CB Superpower @ -1 I switch out and allow him to get up Stealth Rocks thus dramatically changing the game. Turn 20 is where the game's flow decisively changes to my favor,because here I correctly guess that due to residual damage he will Roost instead of DD and bring in MegaVoir to clean up M-Altaria(he had no switchins left and) and thus sealed the game for me. The following turns involve me sacking Sylveon to get a safe switchin for Rotom-W to WoW either of Lando-T or Ferrothorn,and finishing the game off.

Game 2 - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-196402485 vs Fresh Dimi's

I bring my Fairy Spam again, while my opponent opts for a nice balanced M-Altaria team.(will update later).This was just a sharp game in general,and surprisingly good for so low on suspect ladder.

Game 3 - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-188907243 vs Tele(Awesome player btw). This whole game involves me constantly putting pressure on MSableye and chipping away at it throughout the match so that it never has the chance to set up or bounce back any hazrads. This replay in my opinion shows how predictable MEye stall is in the sense that it makes very easily predicted plays,becuase they usually rely on Sableye to control the hazards game.

Me bringing MAltaria Offensive while he M-Sableye SemiStall(will update)

Game 4 - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-188904982 vs qamel

Me bringing MAltaria Offensive while he brings MCamerupt TR

The game starts nice and normally,with me getting Stealth Rocks up,while he overpredicts and Ice Punches. This told me that the opponent was trying to catch something,on the switch. Why? I really don't know to be honest,I would have gone for the Ice Punch turn 1 seeing as how I had no switch ins. Ok,so this is TR, so what's my logical next step? Simple,keep the pressure up,and don't let him set up TR! An example of the plays I made to constantly keep him on the backfoot were, U-Turning on turn 2 out to Magnezone to scout his switch and to stop TR from being set, and then doubling back to Keldeo to threaten the obvious Camerupt switchin., and then again going to Weavile to catch the obvious Celebi or Slowbro. But eventually I made a bad play(on turn 8),and Slowbro switched in on MAltaria and set up the feared Trick Room,and form that moment I have to play catch up! By this time he was used to my switch pattern,so he switched in Celebi to counter the Magnezone I switched in after the Trick Room,and in doing so,forces me to go to Latios,and then goes to Bisharp but I double to Keldeo. The game at this point is still pretty even,both of us are playing pretty decently! Now turn 13 is where I gaffe,and instead of doubling to MAltaria on the obvious Celebi switch in,I opt to use Scald,and thus he forces me out and gets Stealth Rocks up :(. And the following turn I go to MAltaria, and he sets up Trick Room ;-;, now I Dragon Dance on the obvious switch to Slowbro,and take a big chunk out of his Slowbro,making sure that it won't get a chance to come in again. Of course the fact that Trick Room is up lets him threaten me out with Bisharp,so I obviously switch to Magnezone, and here I make the BIG misplay,when I opt to keep Magnezone in forgetting how common Low Kick is.,and lose Magezone, of course this is actually a blessing in disguise,because now Celebi and Camerupt have one less member of the team to come on in. Luckily TR expires now,and I can begin my offensive again, with Keldeo! He plays smart here and goes to Conkeldurr instead of Celebi so my Icy Wind does next to nothing. And here AGAIN he makes an excellent play predicting the switch in to Landorus-T and deciding to Ice Punch, whittling my health down to ~9%, luckily I survive the follow up Mach Punch and manage to shave off a fair bit of Conkeldurr's health with Earthquake before dying to a second Mach Punch. Now I go to Latios,and again I make a bad play opting to thunderbolt(why? -.-), and he goes to Celebi, of course it was a moot point becuase the Draco Meteor I launch does hardly ~55%,and he gets Trick Room up, and here I know I'm screwed. He Healing Wishes(no more TR users yay!) into Conkeldurr, while I double into Keldeo mispredicting the Camerupt switchin. Turns 26-30 involve me doing stupid stuff like switching to Weavile on Conkeldurr on the Ice Punch,then doubling back to Keldeo and getting frozen with Ice Punch. On turn 28 I sack Weavile to bring in Latios and again double back to Keldeo predicting the Bisharp switchin,while he knocks off,and I scald thawing me. But because my luck is so pro,I froze again the turn after I thawed out ._. And here I go to Latios to absorb the obvious Drain Punch,and here temporarily I'm in control. I know Psyshock forces him out, so I Draco Meteor, catching his Zapdos on switchin, changing the score line, but not the game. Latios dies to Mach Punch+LO recoil,but I have an ace, based pirate burd. I start DD'in in Conk's face taking under 35% from Ice Punch and Frustration(how apt), COnkeldurr away! But Camerupt comes in next and that sealed the deal, Frustration had no hope of breaking through lol. Burd dies to Earth Power, Camerupt dies to Scald from Keldeo(my only mate left) and because my health is so low, I get revenged by Bisharp(the thing Keldeo was supposed to check *facepalm)

Final score : 0-1 wp played fren!

NOTICE ME SENPAI :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)