ORAS ORAS OU Summer Seasonal #1: Round 3 (Losers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Tim

Жарю клойстеров
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the ORAS OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2019.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
or
in your signature.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard Gen 6 OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 6] OU".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Saving replays is mandatory. You do not have to post your unless mentioned in the round's OP.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or smogtours server). It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays.
ORAS OverUsed Format

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag.

Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salemencite, Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Swagger Clause.

Tie Rules
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
ORAS resource thread for resources.

Pairings
Raichy (A-0) jerrytheboss
TPP (0-2) Reyzark
Spl4sh (1-2) Egor
Pohjis (A-0) Bluxio
Mysterious M (0-2) BaconEatinAssassin
snow (0-A) Adam the First
Loser of (Kev vs Diophantine) (0-W) agenS
egalvanc (2-0) Dread Arceus
So Noisy (2-U) Zesty43
Caasi (0-A) pkcc
yoppie (0-W) Perish Song
Savouras (F-0) Star
Ada (1-2) Chaos23333
Rey Joya (2-0) toytean
sstj (2-0) Quagmander
Splashbrutha (A-0) Winner of (maroon vs Pais)
Icequake (2-1) Zanders
Nowh (1-2) Lfrs
Hockey1 (1-2) StepC
Souw (0-2) Rokhan
LightScreener (0-F) Luispeikou
jonfilch (0-2) Staxi
Ackler (2-U) Kekbreon
Sensei Axew (A-0) nigel

Contact Deadline: 15th August 23:59 GMT +3
Round deadline: 18th August 23:59 gmt+3
SAVING REPLAYS IS MANDATORY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST THEM UNLESS SPECIFIED IN THE OP
LMK IF I MADE MISTAKE

Last edited:

sensei axew

i’m not a stop along the way, i’m a destination
is a Community Contributoris a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
My opponent said lets aim for sunday, and I gave him a timeframe on when we could play. He hasn't responded since I've told him the timeframe and he's been online multiple times since then. Calling activity.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Activity Decisions for R3 Losers Bracket:
Raichy vs jerrytheboss - 2 day extension, next time contact earlier please
Edit: given that jerrytheboss has not logged on since before the round was posted, I'll change this to act win to Raichy. Please do contact earlier in the future though.

Pohjis vs Bluxio - Pohjis contacted early in the round, Bluxio did not respond, so activity is awarded to Pohjis

Adam the First vs snow - what happened with your battle? respond within 24 hours or flip, as neither have made a significant attempt to schedule

Diophantine vs agenS - what happened with your battle? respond within 24 hours or flip, as neither have made a significant attempt to schedule

pkcc vs Caasi - pkcc VMed Caasi early in the round, Caasi did not respond, activity win is awarded to pkcc

Star vs Savouras - what happened with your battle? respond within 24 hours or flip, as neither have made a significant attempt to schedule

Pais vs Splashbrutha - lol this is supposed to be Splashbrutha vs Loser of (maroon vs Pais), which is maroon. apologies! Pais you're in r4 which will be posted in a couple of hours. The matchup should be Splashbrutha vs maroon. Please get scheduled ASAP, willing to give a pretty lengthy extension for this one as this is host error.
Edit: misread, sorry for the tag maroon. The original matchup of Splashbrutha vs Pais is correct. Because Pais is already coming off of an extension, the onus was on them to schedule, and since Splashbrutha was the last to post in their scheduling chain, I'll award act to Splashbrutha.

StepC vs Hockey1 - what happened with your battle? respond within 24 hours or coinflip, as neither have made a significant attempt to schedule

Luispeikou vs LightScreener - no visible contact so coinflipped.

Luispeikou advances to R4.

Sensei Axew vs nigel - Axew summed it up pretty well:
My opponent said lets aim for sunday, and I gave him a timeframe on when we could play. He hasn't responded since I've told him the timeframe and he's been online multiple times since then. Calling activity.
Activity win awarded to Sensei Axew.

starting to understand why we have contact deadlines for rounds where you can't sub people in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)