Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding Competition - Revived! (21st Round Voting on post #414 - Absorbing Abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here for a re-submission, this time SURELY I'll be in the clear :clueless:

:Clefable: :Latias-Mega: :Cofagrigus: :Volcanion: :Excadrill: :Ferrothorn:

An og six I built w/ the help of a fren and would eventually see some actual success in a few tour-games which still baffles me to this day. Anyways, I wanted to build around Cm-Latias because its really funny as a wincondition, fits pretty good on balance structures, almost immediately came along clefable who acts as a strong and secondary wincondition with encore being crucial to dealing with any greedy thundurus or volcarona that wants to try and set up on us(though we'll cry either way vs that thing), the old reliable and faithful cofagrigus for t-spikes support and to just randomly blank lop/medi, volcanion because volcarona makes me commit hate-crimes and I wanted some proper firepower, sub set here is cool asf. Uhh, this thing is a 1v1 machine, will let you 1v1 things like gross and zard-x jokingly. A few things to note on the spatk spread is being able to pick off drill, I think gross(?) and 2hko's starmie w/ hp grass. Excadrill here comes by default, I can actually tell you what this spread does for once, you grab a 2hko slightly more consistently than the drill amir explained, you live Ep from Diancie, hp fire from zone and just barely a knock from weavile!! To top it all off, we have ferrothorn, because my gosh we are weak asf to manaphy even if we have something like Suicune, that thunder-wave slot is probably the biggest controversy because I can never feel satisfied between it and knock off to make the stall mu easier.

Uhh, I should probably note this team is a lot more on the mu fish side of things, whilst opposing balance and even ho are completely winnable, offense does make you commit hate-crimes. Not unwinnable, but something you should note as you will feel like you're on 5 mons as Cm Latias will be useless in such a mu. It'll also be worthless if the opp has a dark type, weavile do be broken.

151AF376-B9A8-493E-A36D-A03EEAC63982.png
1680880099656.gif
1680879998420.gif

1680880157470.gif
1680880194338.gif
1680880263997.gif

The paste

A team i’ve made sometimes ago for a team tournament and that l wanted to share since sometimes. The process is pretty simple; we needed a team fine against stall and offensive playstyle.
So we first thought about mega bro to dumbly get a good physical resistance, a solid win con and a way to check vile well.
We pair it with a torn to get a rege core, a ground immunity and some resistance to most bro threats. Since that we don’t have ice beam on bro and a tran in the back, l put hp ice and enough ev to 2ohko glisc as well as chomp, otherwise those are pain. The speed ev are used to be faster than mie, but also slower than fast torn.
Then l needed a good dark resistance to have a knock switch from vile, so l thought about rak because the mon is way too underrated, fire and it do hit like a truck which can also helps against fat/stall if played well. Nothing more to say about it, just prefer rock slide and quick attack than eq or other stuff, because eq hasn’t much utility, rslide helps to limit risk of misses and a priority is always good.
Serperior is just here and everywhere, because paralysis is so good in this gen and also helps against diancie, that’s why we have synthesis here obviously. Hp rock > fire/ground because fuck rona and also because it’s better to hit bird stuff than grass or steel here, but other hp can still have some sense here.
Nothing much to say about drill, l prefer toxic because l like it more, but sd also works if you hate stall or sr if you want earth power on tran. It’s also slow to because it helps to spin against screens stuff and has more longevity for clef or such stuff, but the fast variant works too.
Put heatran as last because fucking moth, elecs and for a fire coverage that can deal against ferro or zor notably. Magma and toxic to trap defensive waters such as bro, taunt because it’s always needed against the moth and sr because it’s a better user than drill especially against fat/stall or screens, but earth power also works if you want to deal better with volcanion. The ev are used to make it as bulky as possible, while still being faster than some slow rotom.

I’ve done many good results with that team and it globally do well against most play style, it’s a good team and hope that ppl will like it as much as l do. S/o to KSr and a certain link with numbers that helped me with ideas and testings.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team 5 by RufflesPro has won this round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame at some point in time!

Now for the next round and so sorry for the delay

Round 15
/
/

Dancing for the Victory
This round will consist of building a team around a pokemon, or various pokemon, that uses a dancing move! Funnily enough most of the viable dancing moves are boosting moves so thankfully there is plenty to work with for this round! And, if you manage to make something work with Feather Dance, by all means try it!

This round will last until Sunday 16th at 11:00 PM GMT -5. Have fun!

Dragon Dance Mega Charizard Y BO
Team : https://pokepast.es/0a09c8bba42858e2
:sm/charizard-mega-y: :sm/weavile: :sm/serperior: :sm/excadrill: :sm/clefable: :sm/slowbro:

Im building team around this set for this week .
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam

Teambuilding process: This Zard Y set is walled by Mega Latias, so I need pursuit support and picked Weavile. Im adding Serperior to the team because Serperior can help against Mega Diancie and can benefit from drought boosted Synthesis. The team needs hazard removal to work, so I added Excadrill because it is the best hazard removal in the tier. The current team is weak against Mega Lopunny, so I'm adding Clefable to the team because it helps against Mega-lopunny and can provide good role compression with Stealth Rock and Knock Off as well. Im adding Slowbro as my last partner because it can help against Mega Metagross and adds an ice resistance, which is good to avoid Banded Weavile from sweeping with Icicle Crash.

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
Dragons + Tspikes Cloyser Offense

Toxic Spikes HO is rising to become one of the best HOs in the tier, and I am sure there will be plenty of interesting Pokemon that can utilise this playstyle to their advantage. I decided to partner Cloyster with Cotton Guard DD Mega Altaria as a menacing threat to offensive teams since they will struggle with not only tspikes putting them onto a timer and having difficulty revenge killing with priority thanks to cotton guard.
Garchomp was chosen as the rocker, I felt like I am underestimating its potential but it synergises well with a team that tries to muscle through teams with hard hits boosted by their respectable dances. Forcing in Pokemon such as Slowbro and Clefable and denting them with a +2 Earthquake.
Volcarona is just broken as is, HP Ground + Giga Drain beats those common Heatran Gastrodon teams. My Rocky helmet Manaphy set made a comeback here to stack up even more residual damage with the combination of helmet + toxic damage. Rain Dance is to help break vs Chansey and Unaware mons. Finally Weakness Policy bulky Dragonite, you DD up, they go Clefable and moonblast and congrats you got a +3 Dnite. Roost is to allow the passive damage from tspike put pokemon in range of Dragonite, it also can be used to halve the damage coming from ice beam Slowbro.

Mega sceptile + SD Crawdaunt​
:bw/sceptile: :bw/Crawdaunt: :bw/rotom-wash: :bw/tornadus-therian: :bw/clefable: :bw/excadrill:
So i wanted to build something with Mega sceptile. And after thinking i decided i would use mega sceptile with crawdaunt as my offensive core. After that i decided to go with the classic defensive core of rotom wash + tornadus both of which also provide volt turn support. I decided to put clefable as i needed a check for mega diancie and mega alakazam, t wave also slows down mons which helps crawdaunt. For the last slot i went with excadrill for rapid spin support and rocks.

Double Dancer SandSun

Ye so basically Im back at this again, I present to you: This sandsun double dancing mess

Tyranitar is the main star here cuz its holding an Assault Vest which makes the already difficult task of taking it down on the special side that much more difficult. Excadrill is a direct beneficiary for its Sand Rush ability and its powerful Earthquakes and Iron Heads being further augmented by the ability to boost using Swords Dance. Rapid Spin is nice to get rid of Hazards which cripples Volcarona and Mega Zard-Y. Clef is there to get the rocks up and be just generally annoying. Rotom is Clefs other half, as well as being a decent answer to opposing Rock and Ground types (bar Mold Breaker Excadrill ofc). Volcarona is there to pull general Volcarona antics, set up a QD, sweep everything, repeat. Zard-Y is there to set sun and it comes with the added benefit to boosting Volcaronas Fiery Dance to staggering levels of power.

team: https://pokepast.es/1a9b240be7ceb8ef

Dlanyer

Elle est crème comme Nivea, facile comme niveau 1.
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hello everyone!

Didn't get the time to do a clean post, yet I tried to build something.

The build is around DD zygarde. The snake dances like a popstar and can sweep a team if you weakened it enough.
As a dragon, the first thing to deal with is Steel types. Tran isn't a big deal but zor and Ferro are. Therefore, I added Magnezone, which can also pivot to get Zygarde in.
Clefable was added then to put rocks, slow down stuff with twave and blank checking some threats.
Landorus is the Scarfer of choice here, because it's good at it and knock off some item as well, which is useful.
At this point I have no mega. I feel like MZor fits perfectly : it adds pivoting, checks a lot of thing, and guess what, it dances!!!
Last but not least, Latias helps with Gliscor, Keldeo which can both go through this team.

Description is not perfect since it's 8am here and I just woke up.
Hope you'll enjoy the team!!

Amir

Banned deucer.
Team 1, Classic ladder Zard Y set, but I don't think a balance team like this makes it fit, perhaps on HO it would work best.
Team 3, I really like the look of these 6, my only real concern is mega lopunny, I believe AV Torn, and Rotom-W is a bit overkill to run so much SpD investment. The other thing worth mentioning is having rocks and spin both on Excadrill puts too much strain on it in practice, I'd suggest shifting rocks onto Clefable and possibly running knockoff to ship away Excadrill with Moonblasts after it gets knocked.
Team 4 is a very nice team, interesting pick to have Air Slash Zard Y in ORAS OU since we don't have Kommo-o like in SM OU, I am assuming it's to hit Talonflame and Volcanion? I personally see Solar Beam as a better fit to support Excadrill by removing Slowbro, and Rotom-Wash another possibility is to run Defog, to support Excadrill by allowing you to remove hazards vs hazard stack + ghosts like Cofagrigus and Jellicent. I also see possible success running Avalanche on AV Ttar, removing Serperior which could annoy the team, especially vs an HP Rock valiant.
Team 5, The team looks alright at first, but I noticed it needs hazard removal, especially when heavily reliant on volt turn (Lando, Scizor, Magnezone), you could have possibly gone with Specs Defog Latios which works with the DragMag aspect, providing hazard removal and denting Clefable heavily with a specs psychic. I also see a bit of a weakness to Volcarona. If I were to make this a Drag Mag with Zygarde, I would possibly make this a HO team or BO with things that go hand in hand, such as Mega Gyarados x Zygarde, or Bisharp x Zygarde, where the dark typing could help pressure Slowbro and also weaken Clefable which can be chipped later with +1 EQ from Zygarde. Good aesthetic though.

I have opted to choose team team 1.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And I am back, I havent left just yet! We are moving forward, Team 2 by Amir has won this round, will be added to the hall of fame at some point in time. Hopefully future rounds can be more active.

Round 16
/
/

You are going nowhere!
This round we will explore different forms of trapping an opponent. This can through ability like Magnet Pull (thank God Shadow Tag is gone) and moves like Pursuit or Block. Just build a team using 1 of these options of trapping, you can more if you want but only one is needed to qualify for the criteria.

This round will end on April 26th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Have fun everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)