Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding Competition - Revived! (21st Round Voting on post #414 - Absorbing Abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time for a revival. Apologies to all that look forward to this type of thread, but a combination of factors kind of killed it, for a while at least, lets try to pick up from where we left it

And we have a technical tie between Team 1 and Team 3. Both team by ImperialH and Dlanyer have won this round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame at some point in time. For now, lets continue!

Round 18
/
/

A Noble Sacrifice
Next round will consist in making that makes the best use of self-sacrificing moves like Healing Wish, Memento, or Lunar Dance. The best the application is the merrier. Lets see what you all can do!

Round will last until June 10th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Have fun!

LATIOS AND MEGA GALLADE SCREEN
:sm/aerodactyl: :sm/latios: :sm/serperior: :sm/gallade-mega: :sm/manaphy: :sm/volcarona:
Team : https://pokepast.es/95904ccf91ed5825

So for this week, im building screen because memento latios is cool screener. Im just going with basic screen structure which is 1 rocker/ 2 screener and 3 sweeper.

First sweeper is mega gallade
:sm/gallade-mega:
Ares (Gallade-Mega) (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
set description : this mon is very cool because it can pretty much 1v1 against a lot of mon under screen and it also able to scare mega lopunny from faking out because its ability inner focus.
some calc :
1) 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 251-296 (79.6 - 93.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
2) +2 104 Atk Gallade-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 400-472 (101.5 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
3) +2 104 Atk Gallade-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Second sweeper is manaphy
:sm/manaphy:
Atlantis (Manaphy) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam
set description : this set is cool because Chansey not being able to break the Sub can be huge. Speed to outspeed MLop on +1, rest in SpAtk.

The last sweeper is volcarona because it can be scary on right situation but you really can use any sweeper.

Click sprites for link or: https://pokepast.es/f55dbe75119cd7b4

The idea of this team is that since Charizard biggest issue imo is that it keeps killing itself with flare blitz recoil and passive damage and twave slowbro we run healing wish to offset that. I wanted to try cress cause in theory it can stave off some big threats temporarily enough so that my hard hitters can come in and clean house.

Serperior is glare, taunt so you can really screw over some ho leads, thundurus is one of the most threatening sweepers and Crawdaunt can revenge kill a lot of pokemon that annoy this team like Diancie and Volcarona

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
Healing Wish Offense.

So I made this team with consideration of removing Zapdos so Jirachi goes Brrr, how? Well, you see that Pinsir there, it has Stone Edge and if you SD up and manage to lure it in, congrats you killed the thunderbird and you now can click return 5 more times and win.
I paired this with Life Orb Thundurus, any reason why I chose it over leftovers? Nostalgia, I miss this kind of offense and it feels nice to 1 shot a Clefable thanks to additional power from life orb or managing to OHKO fat Manaphy after rocks, instant dopamine. Don't worry about your health, because you got Healing Wish and this is HO, the plan is to reduce their HP to zero before yours.
Excadrill is well a category of its own, the definition of ORAS, do I have to say any more?
Weakness Policy Dragonite, people are nowadays just clicking moonblast with their Clefable vs this instead of going for T-wave to avoid Lum Berry activating, or ice beam with their slowbro, again dopamine hit and just go through their team with a +3 Dnite. You can decide the coverage, I went with Fire Punch because I thought maybe Ferro might be an issue, feel free to run EQ if you wanna OHKO Heatran.
Cloyster is a 3rd sweeper and pretty straight forward mon, Shell Smash, claim your win vs offense, it takes advantage of Weavile that is locked into an ice move.
and Lasty the Healing wish mon itself, Jirachi, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, iron head, HP goes low Healing Wish, bring something back.

Enjoy the team, love y'all. x​

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
Memento Sand HO
:xy/serperior::xy/bisharp: :xy/tyranitar-mega: :xy/excadrill: :xy/volcarona: :xy/latios:
Yo, so I made this team a couple of weeks ago and it had some success on ladder while being pretty fun too. I been experimenting with Latios on HO lately as a breaker that can switch into keld, and unlike Latias, it's notably stronger offensively and has memento instead of hwish. Usually on a structure like this you prefer screens Latias with hwish, but Latios provides crucial breaking power and memento is good in its own right. There's not much reason to use screens Latios > Latias since healing wish is better than memento, hence I made it specs with the option to click memento to setup a lot easier.

The team has your typical screens serp, volc, drill core which I decided to add on mega tar to, making drill a wincon with sand rush. Lum bish lures rotom who try to wisp it, which is important since both drill and volc are walled by rotom. Sub volc synergises with memento since you can get off subs easier when they're at -2.

Memento isn't something you would click every game, but it also has great synergy since it provides momentum by allowing a teammate to setup, for example if your screens turns run out or serp was sacced. It's super brainless to just click memento on their Lati switchin, then setup with volc and win.​

HEALING WISH CHANSEY OFFENSE
I was looking through the submissions and realized that due to the nature of this prompt, most of the teams were HO. I'm far from the best HO builder, and I was looking to find something more up my alley, and after realizing Chansey learns Healing Wish, it was time to build some good old Chansey offense.
https://pokepast.es/82476417d5ec5d2c

The blob herself. decided to make her my rocker, since it gave me much more flexibility.
Every team in ORAS loses to a well played Bandtar. Also rlly appreciates healing wish, since it can get worn down so easily.
I already had tar, and I wanted a spinner for chansey and a wincon.
Went with Megazard-Y, since when combined with bandtar pursuit, nothing walls it. also alr had a spinner for it, and it appreciates the hwish as well.
I wanted to be able to spread para for tar and zard to go crazy, and i needed a check to medi.
Subseed serp is just...annoying to deal with, especially when your special walls are getting pursuited/worn down by leech seed. also deters defogging my rocks, and is decent into exca to help deny hazard removal that way.

This team is weird to pilot, and this structure is kinda hard to innovate on, not all these ideas are my own. It can be kinda akward to play and sometimes feel like your making weirdly little progress, just make sure to preserve ttar so zard y can go ballistic, you have the speed btwn exca and serp to clean up the game.

Dlanyer

Elle est crème comme Nivea, facile comme niveau 1.
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Another round, another team !
Quite simple here : Volcarona and Suicune are the wincons and sets up when they can.
Exca, clef and Latias support then with koff, spin and defog, and check many threats such as Lop, weavile, Zard-Y for instance.
Lando-T rounds it up and serves as a Speed control mon.

HF using it !

Priority first!

Idea is pretty simple: Team has 3 big setup wincons so one of them should be able to win in the end and in case you cant find a way to set up you can force it by using Memento. Most Mons als carry prio with them which makes offensive threats less intimidating.

Sets are quite common or self explanatory, mostly because I dont have much experience building HO (wanted to give it a try anyways). Yache on Chomp is a nice tech since it kinda helps vs opposing Thundy but it lacks DMG without LO and is also vulnerable to status without Lum. T-wave over F Blast on Thundy because para can sometimes safe games and gives the team some reassurance in case things go south. Ferro becomes annoying when you dont have F Blast to hit it but you should be able to overpower it with this team since it cant stop all threats. Same applies for stuff like Tang or Skarm, they should be overwhelmed at some point because they have to check too many Mons. Memento Lati also synergizes well with Bish if you Memento on Dark-types like Ttar or Weavile which often times cant really touch Bish at -2 except for Superpower Ttar.

Threat list: M. Lop, Thundy, M. Diancie all look scary but positioning is key with Offense to put pressure before your opponent gets a chance.

Last edited:

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
:sm/manaphy: :sm/serperior: :sm/excadrill: :sm/charizard-mega-X: :sm/thundurus: :sm/latias:
Mega charizard X Screens Offense
Pretty short explanation but the general playstyle does not diverge from the standard screens offense and hyper offense archetypes. This screens offense revolves around the wallbreaking prowess of mega charizard Y and thundurus to break past defensive cores such as mega venu slowbro clef, and more common defensive cores that normally walls cm rd rest surf manaphy. Latias generally acts as speed control and late-game support with healing wish.

Team 2 for me, although I do like teams 3 and 6 quite a lot. Team 8 is really cool but I'd prefer a few changes regarding move pool and ev spreads for Manaphy and potentially Latias. Serp screens is strong, but glare is often difficult for me to ignore, which I tend to prefer over taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)