Other ORAS OU Viability Ranking: Sets (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pokemon's set doesn't necessarily need to be the same rank as the Pokemon itself, as even though no one set might be worthy of A+, the variety of sets at a Pokemon's disposal, as well as the overall effectiveness of each set, can be a factor to the Pokemon being ranked higher than its own sets.
I don't disagree with this logic, but I think it's worth pointing out that given this list, Meg Charizard X is the only mon that doesn't have a set in the same rank as it (as far as I can tell), which makes that logic less apparent. It may help to put that in the OP or something, since right now it just looks like MegaZard X has a potential ranking typo for a set. Also, can we finally list Skarmory's other sets? It really looks weird when Skarmory is a B+ mon and we only mention 1 set that's C ranked. I'm not really sure where they'd be ranked, but somewhere has to be better than nowhere.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some quick bullets:

So I think Talonflame's specially defensive set should be A+ personally. It's incredibly effective right now.

Also Mega Scizor hasn't been placed in A+ yet - IMO Bulky SD is the best set so that should be A+ while Offensive SD should be A or A+.

Lando-T also has a great SD, EQ, SE, SR set. It's similar to the offensive pivot but it isn't actually a pivot since it's lacking U-turn so maybe it warrants its own set although I'm not sure if this set is popular enough yet.

Latios' CM Wallbreaker set is unlisted and is A/A+ IMO.

Kyu-B is missing All-Out Attacker / 3 Attacks + Roost.

Dragonite is missing the Choice Band set. B+ IMO.

Amoonguss' pivot set should be listed as B since it moved down.

Weavile's LO set should probably be listed as B+ since it moved up and maybe list its SD set as B if you think it's popular enough to list.

Victini, Suicune and Reuniclus should be bumped up a subrank.

Just some notes:

- Kyurem-B is A- now.
- Gallade is A- now.
- Scizor is A+ now.
- Mew and Slowking's Sets should be A- and B- now, at least one of their sets.

Edit:
- Same with Amoonguss, Dragonite, Weavile, Skarmory, Magneton, Lucario, Ditto, Amoonguss, Espeon, Shuckle.

There're a lot of copypaste mistakes though.
I just want to point out my previous Post again. You edited a few things from my list into the OP, but not all (because I added some of these things a few minutes later, I guess).

If I'm wrong, then please explain it to me.

IMO at least one set of a Pokémon should always have the same rank as its current rank in general.

EDIT:
Thank you for considering my post.
Suicune (B+), Magneton (C+), Ditto (C), Shuckle (C), Espeon (C-) still left though. And you forgot a ")" in Mega-Scizor's A+ ranking and vanilla Heracross' C+ ranking. That should be it. :)

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got a few suggestions for you Recreant

Some Notes Right Now (more might be added later)
  • Sub+disable getting a nod on Gengar? It helps take down a ton of stuff that usually murders Gengar including Bisharp, Alakazam (if behind a sub), and others. It may not be the best Gengar set, but it has some definate utility and should be at least a B- rank imo.
  • Magma trapper tran is an amazing set that should probably get an A- or A rank nod because it can trap and kill a ton of threats, and can lure in and kill some bullky waters.
  • Bulky Defog Scizor is a decent hazard remover that can support teammates that have good synergy with it. It should be a B or B+ rank set imo, maybe a little bit higher.
  • Offensive Stealth Rock Excadrill should get a nod at B- or B because of its sheer utility and its ability to beat certain defoggers as well as its offensive presence preventing opposing hazard removal.
  • Wallbreaker Kyurem-B is a great set that can take down common defensive cores and blow through teams. It should probably get an A- or B+ nod imo because of its pure wallbreaking power.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah im gonna go ahead and lock this. It's really not serving any purpose thats beneficial as a resource now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)