Resource ORAS OU Viability Ranking Thread V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Although I agree with Mega Aerodactyl dropping I've done some research, and I think that I can now kind of understand why Mega Aerodactyl was A- Rank in the first place. Sure, it has its flaws that are big enough to deter it from A-, but when you look past that, I see a pretty darn decent Pokemon. It has a wide offensive movepool that is boosted by Tough Claws, making the Elemental Fangs usable, as well as other moves such as Iron Head, Pursuit, Aqua Tail, Aerial Ace, and Crunch. It isn't bad defensively either- it has solid 80/85/95 bulk, and it is still fast enough to outpace much of the meta without substantial investment. It has moves like Taunt, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, Defog, and Roar to help support its team, so it can run defensively-oriented sets decently. It has lots of flaws, including its EdgeQuake not getting physical contact, and the metagame trends have not been too favorable for it. It's typing permits weakness to SR (which is bad for a defensive mon), and it is particularly hurt by all forms of status, so it shouldn't stay A-. A decent but overrated mon, B+ or B imo.

B+ is completely fine for mega aero imo. It has a pretty decent niche as a fast pokemon for balance. It acts as your bird check, stallbreaker, trapper, rocker, whatever you need. One of the most crippling flaws however is that stealth rock weakness. Which goes without saying is kinda really bad. So drop it

Nomming Bisharp to drop A+ --> A

While threatening in its own right, the meta game has certainly taken a toll on Bisharp especially with the prevalence of bulky grounds for the most part. Bisharp used to be very easy at pulling off a sweep, however now a days things like Garchomp, Hippowdon, Keldeo, and scarf tar (which is on just about EVERY non sand based team) put dents in its potential. All of which yield very high usage and not to mention several other ORAS megas like Lopunny, Altaria, Diancie which again make it more or less sweeping difficult to pull off. The SD sets are effective still by all means but sweeping outright isn't quite what it once was as the meta game has adapted, at best you'll be punching holes and picking off something and thats where the road ends IMO. Might I add there are a few other gimmicks you can pull off with Bisharp like AV but then again those sets are even easier checked with then LO, so yeah i get maybe you'll have it on a squad as niche but the emphasis comes on LO SD seeing as its the most difficult clearly to take down.

My point is, this thing is just not as flawless now! I'm not dismissing bisharp by any means either because of course its still great! Of course it has a ton of merrits you can argue like abusing defog, boasting the strongest priority move in the tier, ect. Despite this, I still just don't find it as dominant as it used to and I've always been a firm believer in really usage dictates the metagame to a large degree, and some of the mons I've mentioned (bar altaria and diancie who haven't the highest %) have undeniably hampered its efficiency regardless.

I really dont see it standing with other A+ power houses at the moment, but then again this is debatable, just wanted to throw my two cents in, I'm sure i'll face opposition but its own fall in its usage speaks for itself as well.

Last edited:
I don't usually post in here, but seeing the current Viability Rankings made me wanna make few nominations and agreements on previous ones with a brief explanation, so here it goes:

A- > B+
Looking at it, the only thing Latias has over Latios is Healing Wish, on offensive builds, Scarf Jirachi is better at that almost all the time at that for obvious reasons. As a defogger, it's not that good at that either, seeing how it's forced not to run Roost since HW is basically the reason to use it over Latios.

B+ > A-
Recently, Mega Latias has been getting a really good usage in Tours (OLT and SPL lately), especially with it's BoltBeam Twave Roost set which was found quite good. Combined with it's great defensive stats and a good typing with reliable recovery, it is not easy to take it down even with Pursuit trappers like Tyranitar which fails to ohko and risks coming in on a twave with a good special attack stat with boltbeam coverage that makes it hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage.

B > A-
Amoonguss is simply amazing right now, it barely made it to OU last tier shift and most likely will in the next one. Having a great ability that makes it switch in continuously to threats such as Keldeo and stop some sweepers like Clefable and Mega Altaria. Having great utility moves such as Spore, Stun Spore and Clear Smog with a good defensive typing and STABs makes it a great Pokemon to rely on as a check to a lot at the same time. One of the best niches for Amoonguss at the moment is its viability on sand teams that struggles to switch in to Water types, mainly Keldeo and Rotom-W.

A > A+
I always thought this was A+ for some reason. Tyranitar was always a great Pokemon and always will be. It can serve many rolls atm such as a pursuit trapper for most of the hazard removal Pokemon such as Starmie and the Lati twins or a bulky blanket check to Zardy/Alakazam and Tornadus T with Chople Berry with Stealth Rock and it is considered the main way to get sand up for sand teams, not to forget it's access to a good utility moves like t-wave!

S > A+
I'm on board for this dropping, the meta has adapted in a way that Zard X has a hard time to set up vs most of the teams since Hippo/Lando T/Sand teams in general and even things like Mega Altaria that can switch in and take hits from it. Another thing that hurts it is how bad hazard removal mons are atm. Simply, there are no reliable defoggers/spinners at the moment that can keep Stealth Rock away from the field in the right moment for Zard X to set up. Even it's bulky wisp set not that good anymore and is way less threatening than offensive one.

Also, I heavily support Gastrodon raising for reasons stated in the previous posts.

Finally, not really a nomination, but I can see Keldeo being S in the near future again and not going to state reasons right now, will wait a bit on that.

Nomming Bisharp to drop A+ --> A

While threatening in its own right, the meta game has certainly taken a toll on Bisharp especially with the prevalence of bulky grounds for the most part. Bisharp used to be very easy to pull off sweeping, however now a days things like Garchomp, Hippowdon, Keldeo, and scarf tar (which is on just about EVERY non sand based team) put dents in its potential. All of which yield very high usage and not to mention several other ORAS megas like Lopunny, Altaria, Diancie which again make it more or less sweeping difficult to pull off. The SD sets are effective still by all means but sweeping outright isn't quite what it once was as the meta game has adapted as mentioned to I say to the bulky ground centralization, at best you'll be punching holes and picking off something and thats where the road ends IMO. Might I add there are a few other gimmicks you can pull off with Bisharp like AV but then again those sets are even easier checked with then LO, so yeah i get maybe you'll have it on a squad as niche but the emphasis comes on LO SD seeing as its the most difficult clearly to take down.

My point is, this thing is just not as flawless now! I'm not dismissing bisharp by any means either because of course its still great! Of course it has a ton of merrits you can as well counter me with between abusing defog, boasting the strongest priority move in the tier, ect. Despite this, I still just don't find it as dominant as it used to and I've always been a firm believer in really usage dictates the metagame to a large degree, and some of the mons I've mentioned (bar altaria and diancie who haven't the highest %) have undeniably hampered its efficiency regardless.

I really dont see it standing with other A+ power houses at the moment, but then again this is debatable, just wanted to throw my two cents in, I'm sure i'll face opposition but its own fall in its usage speaks for itself as well.
Throwing in my support. I disagree that SD is the best set, as I feel pursuit is just as viable and even more valuable in conjunction with mons like Keldeo, but I agree that Bisharp should drop. I think the meta game has developed in a manner detrimental to it.

More than that though, I really feel that A+ is just packed far too tightly and more distinction should be drawn between the better A+ mons and the worse. The difference between something like Tornadus or Keldeo and something like Hoopa is just so massive.

I don't usually post in here, but seeing the current Viability Rankings made me wanna make few nominations and agreements on previous ones with a brief explanation, so here it goes:

A- > B+
Looking at it, the only thing Latias has over Latios is Healing Wish, on offensive builds, Scarf Jirachi is better at that almost all the time at that for obvious reasons. As a defogger, it's not that good at that either, seeing how it's forced not to run Roost since HW is basically the reason to use it over Latios.

B+ > A-
Recently, Mega Latias has been getting a really good usage in Tours (OLT and SPL lately), especially with it's BoltBeam Twave Roost set which was found quite good. Combined with it's great defensive stats and a good typing with reliable recovery, it is not easy to take it down even with Pursuit trappers like Tyranitar which fails to ohko and risks coming in on a twave with a good special attack stat with boltbeam coverage that makes it hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage.

B > A-
Amoonguss is simply amazing right now, it barely made it to OU last tier shift and most likely will in the next one. Having a great ability that makes it switch in continuously to threats such as Keldeo and stop some sweepers like Clefable and Mega Altaria. Having great utility moves such as Spore, Stun Spore and Clear Smog with a good defensive typing and STABs makes it a great Pokemon to rely on as a check to a lot at the same time. One of the best niches for Amoonguss at the moment is its viability on sand teams that struggles to switch in to Water types, mainly Keldeo and Rotom-W.

A > A+
I always thought this was A+ for some reason. Tyranitar was always a great Pokemon and always will be. It can serve many rolls atm such as a pursuit trapper for most of the hazard removal Pokemon such as Starmie and the Lati twins or a bulky blanket check to Zardy/Alakazam and Tornadus T with Chople Berry with Stealth Rock and it is considered the main way to get sand up for sand teams, not to forget it's access to a good utility moves like t-wave!

S > A+
I'm on board for this dropping, the meta has adapted in a way that Zard X has a hard time to set up vs most of the teams since Hippo/Lando T/Sand teams in general and even things like Mega Altaria that can switch in and take hits from it. Another thing that hurts it is how bad hazard removal mons are atm. Simply, there are no reliable defoggers/spinners at the moment that can keep Stealth Rock away from the field in the right moment for Zard X to set up. Even it's bulky wisp set not that good anymore and is way less threatening than offensive one.

Also, I heavily support Gastrodon raising for reasons stated in the previous posts.

Finally, not really a nomination, but I can see Keldeo being S in the near future again and not going to state reasons right now, will wait a bit on that.
I think these are all intelligent arguments, and would be onboard for all except gastrodon rising. I have been facing a number of Seismitoads on the ladder (Someone murder whoever made that terrible Shedinja stall team btw, that matchup reliant trash bothers me), and have been quite impressed. I just don't see what Gastrodon does which Seismitoad or Quagsire cannot. I feel Seismi fits better on Balance while Quagsire fits far better on stall, but I suppose it depends on the team. I could just be ignorant.

Also, I would support Keldeo rising back to S. I won't detail everything Keldeo brings to the table, as I'm sure its attributes have been detailed many times, but would just like to note the incredible splashability of it (that means it fits onto many teams right?). Keldeo has such tremendous offensive synergy with so many other great mons in the tier -- Tornadus and Bisharp being two prime examples. At the same time it checks Weavile, Scizor, and Bisharp -- three things offense tends to struggle with.

Last edited:
I agree with gastrodon rising, honestly it's the most underrated mon in the meta right now. The thing that let's it stand out against seismitoad is it's curse set which just 6-0s some of the standard offensive mega+mag teams. It has great mixed bulk that allows it to switch into the latis and a great ability that deters keldeo and other waters from scald spamming. It's also known that water grounds are the best volt switch stoppers in the game since they can easily shake off even the most threatening electric types in the tier. It's just always useful and effective against pretty much all teams from balance to offense.

It does have drawbacks which is why it is currently ranked where it is, as it doesn't shine very brightly against stall or even just more defensively oriented teams, and depending on the set can be a bit passive or lose some momentum, but I feel these drawbacks are not enough to keep it from rising. So yeah raise gastrodon.

p2

Banned deucer.
im not getting into this bisharp nonsense again but why would you want to drop one of the most dangerous mons in the tier, which is also arguably the best wincon in the entire tier too?

keld ttar and friends are common but that really doesnt mean shit when they come in on knock then lose to +2 sucker the next time they come in, so i think the argument "its easily checked" is pretty moot

I completely disagree with the Bisharp nomination. Hippowdon is not too omnipresent (that is why it dropped to A), and I saw less Defensive Garchomp in offense in detriment of Landorus-T. With his SD set, it causes trouble to stall, Balanced can't keep Scarfed Tyranitar / Kelde at full health and offense too. It is a scary threat in teambuilding, and I think A+ Rank reflects that.

Hoopa-U --> A+ --> A
i think the boner for this thing has worn off sufficiently enough. with the metagame definitely favoring offense more than stall and slower balance Hoopa-U should drop as it no longer has the prevalence of the playstyles if fares well against and often times fails flat on its face against more offensive oriented teams and metagames. think of this like manaphy syndrome. what it excels against isn't around for it to constantly maintain the status as "terror to stall". obviously there are sets meant to circumvent its shortcoming against offense live AV and Scarf, but they aren't as great as its others sets like Band and Mixed LO and are more so team specific seeing as hoopa literally brings the lowest defensive utility of all the A+ Ranks. it just isn't as terrifying as it was weeks ago when balance and stall were very common and more manageable then you'd think it's be.

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

A- > B+

B+ > A-

B > A-

A > A+

S > A+

I honestly disagree with the Latias shift and think it should stay A- reason being is that despite being outclassed offensively by Latios, as a hazard remover by Starmie (arguably), and having to operate within a meta rife with powerful Dark attackers, the fact that it is a more defensively inclined defogger with healing wish and reliable recovery is immensely helpful in both putting pressure on the opponent while being more reliable as a check versus Keldeo, Charizard-Y, etc. I find the comparison between Jirachi and Latias too be a silly one as one has reliable recover + defog and the other doesn't, they don't even check the same things, their only similarities is their psychic typing and healing wish.

-252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 124-147 (41.4 - 49.1%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-Versus-
-252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 113-133 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

If a comparison is drawn between Latias and Starmie, it can again be argued that they have different purposes as Latias would not find itself on a hazard stack team due to defog. Latias has much greater defensive bulk if compared to Starmie's bulky set and offensively its not as if it is weak with its 110 special attack and 110 base speed. Another point I want to say that works against a Starmie v Latias comparison is that Starmie's water typing though a blessing due to hydro pump and scald is also a curse due to the prevalence of other water types (Keldeo, Manaphy, Slowbro, Azumarill etc) and as result I find that you often compound weaknesses and as is the case with Slowbro the exact same typing. Honestly, I could go on, but I will end it here saying that Latias is not ecilpsed by Latios or any other pokemon in ou, it faces similar issues that Latios, Starmie and so on do within this Dark based meta where it has a definite niche as this sturdier defogger and its access to healing wish is honestly just icing on an already sweet cake.

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Anyway I agree with the Hoopa-Unbound nomination, as the hype has worn off by now. It has terrible bad defensive typing, low speed and subpar physical bulk, making it bait to any fast physical attackers. It has high Special Defense, but it's typing really takes away from its special bulk. Not to mention an incredibly useless ability. It's a good mon, hits hard and has a good movepool, A is a good rank for it. When it comes down to it, it's actually a very flawed Pokemon that has room for improvements, and many factors that would normally be unspeakable for other A+ mons. Metagame trends and the fact that it requires a lot of support to function well cannot do much good for it.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The current climate of the netagame is for something like Hoopa-U - a pokemon which thrives in a slow, defensive environment. Between its susceptibility to the priority, which only keeps increasing in its omnipresence when subjected to a metagme such as this (reducing the effectiveness of the scarf set which is supposed to be capable of annihilating offense) and its low speed when utilising its superior sets (CB and mixed LO), a fast metagame with such an emphasis on speed creep is not an ideal environment for it. Add to this the fact that it is easily one of the most susceptible Pokemon to Pursuit in the game (iirc its OHKOed by a successful Pursuit from Weavile (the weakest STAB Pursuit trapper) without even needing to use HSF first) - a tactic which, from what I have observed, is only increasing in usage as teams get faster, frailer and more reliant on offensive psychics and ghosts such as Starmie, Latios, ScarfRachi and Gengar to tear holes in the opposing team and which is further compounded by the surge in the usage of the Dark-types with access to it which has come about as a result. A metagame like this isn't friendly to something which annihilates balance at the cost of a terrible offense matchup, and therefore I feel that Hoopa should drop.

While I am still thinking about it, is there really any legitimate reason for us to keep Hoopa-C ranked with Gothitelle gone? IIRC its niche came from the fact it was the only stallbreaker capable of singlehandedly anihilating every aspect of common GothStall without resorting to underhanded tricks like Shed Shell Togekiss using its Sub+Nasty Plot set, but with GothStall dead it is extremely hard to justify using it over either Hoopa-U, Gengar or even SubCM Chandelure at this point. Does it still hold any of the merit which made it a C rabk before, as currently I struggle to even justify D for it due to the form the post-goth meta has taken. Tbh I could argue for a Chandy drop too, but honestly I think it is more likely to see a defense which would let it retain its position than Hoopa-C is so I won't make a case for one unless someone else choses to.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Slveon to C/C-: I've seen discussions on this thing dropping, but it's never gone through. I honestly don't know why Sylveon is holding up it's place at C+, as bulky sets are completely outclassed by Clefable minus the superior special bulk, and then with it's limited movepool, all it has going for it is it's Choice Specs set, which is actually a decent wallbreaker, but you're giving up one of the best mons in the tier just to go out of your way to use a wallbreaker that's easily revenge killed due to it's 60 speed. It does have a momentum-grabbing move in Baton Pass, however, so it can at least have a place on some offensive teams. But with it's small niche thanks to being mostly outclassed by Clefable as a cleric, or Calm Mind sweeper, I don't think it's as useful as the other mons in C+, like Conkeldurr or Staraptor, and I think it's more on par with mons like Mega Aggron and Zygarde, and therefore I think it should drop.

Maybe because the stuff in C+ matches Sylveon's power pretty well. Stuff like Cobaldion, base for Kyurem, infernape and bronzong aren't BETTER and certainly Mega absol, mega aggron aren't on the same tier. I think you underestimate the spec set it has, which is very powerful and has just enough of a movepool to get by. It's a super-rare strong fairy-stab, especially considering it doesn't take a mega slot. As a specs Hyper voice user, sylveon definitely has a niche in OU.

If there's an argument to be made, it'd be seismatoad moving into B-. Which probably should happen.

--> S

I would like to nominate Keldeo to go to S rank. Keldeo is one of the most used Pokemon in all of ORAS, and for good reason. It has access to a powerful 129 special attack, decent 91/90/90 defenses, and 108 speed which is ok for ORAS standards. Its many sets can fill a variety of rolls, such as a wall breaker in specs, balance/stall breaker in CM, offense breaker in scarf set, etc. The problem with trying to have a good switch in to Keldeo is that the sets it can run can be adjusted to beat its so called switch ins. Specs can run Icy Wind/Hidden Powers to take care of Latis, bulky psychics, bulky waters, etc. As shown in TheEnder/Laurel's spl game, even though Amoongus was the dedicated for Keldeo, Keldeo still ended up winning even with a healthy Amoongus in place (a few 50/50s were involved but w/e) because it has very few set counters. Keldeo is a Pokemon that can easily become overwhelming if your switch in to it becomes even slightly weakened, which is why it deserves S, not to mention it is on par with the rest of the S ranks imo. All I got to say for now.

Edit: I see BlackBloodz somewhat beat me to this, but I put in a little bit of detail so w/e

--> S

I would like to nominate Keldeo to go to S rank. Keldeo is one of the most used Pokemon in all of ORAS, and for good reason. It has access to a powerful 129 special attack, decent 91/90/90 defenses, and 108 speed which is ok for ORAS standards. Its many sets can fill a variety of rolls, such as a wall breaker in specs, balance/stall breaker in CM, offense breaker in scarf set, etc. The problem with trying to have a good switch in to Keldeo is that the sets it can run can be adjusted to beat its so called switch ins. Specs can run Icy Wind/Hidden Powers to take care of Latis, bulky psychics, bulky waters, etc. As shown in TheEnder/Laurel's spl game, even though Amoongus was the dedicated for Keldeo, Keldeo still ended up winning even with a healthy Amoongus in place (a few 50/50s were involved but w/e) because it has very few set counters. Keldeo is a Pokemon that can easily become overwhelming if your switch in to it becomes even slightly weakened, which is why it deserves S, not to mention it is on par with the rest of the S ranks imo. All I got to say for now.

Edit: I see BlackBloodz somewhat beat me to this, but I put in a little bit of detail so w/e

While Keldeo has been deserving of s-rank in the past i dont think the metagame is to favourable to it rn. The ever so popular Torn-T counters it with its assault vest set (as long as it does hurrimiss) thundurus can actually swap in on the specs set as long as its not a hydro pump or scald lands a burn and threaten with a 1hko with thunderbolt, starmie has also been rising in the meta and well that and latios both straight up counter keldeo. Although ur arguement is pretty good and i can see it as an s rank pokemon i dont think its on par with mega sableye or clefable so rn id leave it out of s rank but when torn-t hype dies down then i could see it in s rank.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 166-196 (55.5 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
calc about that icywind it doesnt really beat latios because this is specs and latios can out speed and 1hko it with psyshock

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Icy wind don't really lure AV torn-t, but this is good against LO set

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 132-156 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Icy wind don't really lure AV torn-t, but this is good against LO set

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 132-156 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 132-156 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

That's definitively a lure.

Regenrator reduces that damage to ~15%, leaving it at a sufficent amount of hp. After that you know its specs and witch out to a resist.
The speed drop is nasty for offense tho.

Even so if rocks are up then youre forced to switch out and are left with low enough health that you cant switch back in to keld without clearing rocks.

Man, I've been away from this thread for a while! Best 2 weeks of my life (JK)

Keldeo: A+ to S-Disagree. While the resttalk set is kind of becoming more common, something that people overlook is that Keldeo is reletively easy to whittle down. People count on it to switch in on knock offs and iron heads and stone edges, allowing it to be picked off by rather weak attacks. While it does have a notorious ability to wear down its checks and counters with scald burns, sometimes they won't be burned. And with Azumarril, latios, Slowbro, Torn-T, and mega venusaur constantly on the prowl, especially the last two more so lately. I'm not trying to list off a bunch of Keld counters and call it good. I don't really think that Keldeo has proven that it's any better than it was when it dropped. I know this is a somewhat of lame argument, but it's pretty true. I suppose someone might cry "Darkspam!" And call it good, but all Darkspam teams are built to take down Keldeo. Furthermore, it's tough to switch in on 2 dark types at once. Finally, choiced sets cannot get locked into secret sword without usually having some nasty drawbacks, as fighting resists are pretty common.

Tangrowth from B to B+-Agree. I was somewhat on the fence on this one until I actually used it on OU. Sweet Jesus, it's solid. I mostly love just switching in on manaphy as it tail glows, eating a +3 ice beam, and KOing back with leaf storm. (I'm talking about the AV set, which is probably the most viable) This is HUGE for the bulky offense builds that tangrowth will be seen on most of the time. Utility in knock off is really cool, as it can be pretty clutch, especially when the mega on the opposing side is weak to Growth, like Mbro. Tangrowth can then proceed it guarantee the item loss on the opposing team and make the likes of Clefable and Ferrothorn much less of a hassle. Earthquake for bullying heatran users is cool, too, as well as hidden power that can bait in Scizor and Ferrothorn or bait in Garchomp and Lando-T. The special attack drops from leaf storm are significantly less crippling in you factor in Regenorator to make switching out and pivoting around much easier. Low damage output outside of a highly resisted stab is sometimes troublesome, but surround tangrowth with the right Pokemon, and I think it's good enough to rise.

I'd like to do more, but I don't really have a ton of time. Thanks!

Mighty Mask

Banned deucer.
Conkeldurr should be B- in my opinion, it is a great pokemon, specially with av and poison jab to hit those fairies. haha

Reactions: p2
Conkeldurr should be B- in my opinion, it is a great pokemon, specially with av and poison jab to hit those fairies. haha
Problem with Conkeldurr is that the current metagame is abundant with mons that can threaten it such as Latios, Hoopa-U, Talonflame, Mega Diancie, (Mega) Alakazam, etc. As a fighting type attacker, it is outclassed by Mega Medicham who is faster and MUCH stronger. While the Sheer Force set is nice to pressure fairies, it is still rather slow and doesn't have the bulk to take the special hits it could with the Assault Vest. Furthermore, Conkeldurr is walled by Mega Sableye who is immune to its STAB moves and can Recover off any Guts boosted Knock Off (on phone; can't calc). tl;dr, Conkeldurr is fine in C+.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I propose Mamo A- rank, this pokemon is really good in this metagame, where many run fast electric and many bulky ground as raikou, mega mane, lando-T, hippo, chomp, mamo can easily do extensive damage to these only with stab , plus it has access to ice shard, I think is really good for example against scarf lando-t, or however it is useful to eliminate his opponents pokemon with low life, another very good move is freeze dry, remove easily pokemon as gyarados, seismitoad, rotom-w and other bulky water, for example freeze dry by life orb mamo 2hko reg slowbro.

12 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 174-211 (44.1 - 53.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

mamo is also excellent with scarf, he can easily kill mega lop with superpower, combining the scarf at a great 130 atk really become a threat to the offensive team :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)